PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Capriati (USA) vs. Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL): Who will win?

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Justine and Jenn face off today. I just want to know the popular opinion.

Who will win?

jimbo mack
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:34 PM
i want jennifer to win!!!!

but i think its 50/50........

WtaTour4Ever
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:35 PM
I haven't seen Capriati play this week, but I hope she pulls it out in three.

saki
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:00 PM
It'll be close, but I think Justine will win this one. She's lost just the one three-set match this year, she really doesn't lose close matches easily. I think what makes the difference between them is that Justine's speed and footwork are better than Jen's. Still, Jen's definitely in with a chance.

vs1
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:06 PM
I hope Jenn can pull off a win against Justine. I think this is her best chance...even though indoors isn't Jenn's best surface, an ailing and tired Justine will not be as big of a challenge. We shall see...

jenny161185
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:10 PM
hope jen wins but I dont mind if Juju does either - I just want it to b a good match - lots of drama - I have a feeling this could be cappy's time at last!if she's healthy

ghosts
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Jenny 7-6 6-1

Paneru
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Revenge is a powerful emotion and I think Capriati will do everything in her power to win. Also, the fact the Henin-Hardenne is a little under the wheather I think Capriati will take advantage. Although, I'd advise her to take in 2 if she is going to, like she should've at the US Open.

Dracula
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:18 PM
i'm hoping jenny can pull it off this time :cool:

Knizzle
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:32 PM
They don't play today.

bluna82
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:47 PM
jen wins in 2 sets ;)

JCAP
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:48 PM
I think jen will pull it off!

CapFan#1
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:49 PM
They don't play today.

Um, yes they do......

from www.wtatour.com

Schedule for Friday Nov. 7
6pm Myskina vs. Sugiyama
7:30pm Henin-Hardenne vs. Capriatif/b Clijsters vs. Mauresmo

Tratree
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:50 PM
They don't play today.
Yep, they do....second match tonight at 7:30. And I'm gonna be on the court, baby! Woo hoo :)

Lady
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Justine in 2!!! This time no wasting 4-1 lead :) At least I hope so

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:53 PM
hmm....this is intriguing. All their matches have been three-setters. Justine really looked weak yesterday, but Jen ainīt aight herself either. I think Juju is gonna pull it off.

CapFan#1
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Yep, they do....second match tonight at 7:30. And I'm gonna be on the court, baby! Woo hoo :)

have a great time Tracy!!! :wavey: Cheer for Jen for all of us fans!! Hope you get some great pics as well!!

And back on topic.... I have a funny feeling in my belly telling me that Ms. Capriati is gonna win this :bounce:

Diya
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Cappy in two i hope !!:bounce:

Go Jennifer !!

Tratree
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:03 PM
have a great time Tracy!!! :wavey: Cheer for Jen for all of us fans!! Hope you get some great pics as well!!

And back on topic.... I have a funny feeling in my belly telling me that Ms. Capriati is gonna win this :bounce:
I'll be cheering on the inside :) I can't really yell out, "C'mon Jennifer!" like I want to, but compared to the benefits, I'll take that downside.

MarcusRock
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:11 PM
This will be intriguing. I didn't expect Justine to win the USO after her draining semi-final and she's in the same boat here vs. Capriati following a draining match. However, Jen also does her number of choke jobs so I think it's 50-50. Also, just like at the USO semis, Justine will be under pressure not to take an injury time out and I think that'll be the difference. Jen in 3 with Justine winning the first set.

darrinbaker00
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:55 PM
This is a very intriguing matchup. If Justine wins, she'll clinch a semifinal berth AND the #1 ranking. Jennifer, on the other hand, has nothing to lose, which makes her very dangerous. I look for Jennifer to be ultra-aggressive in the beginning (maybe even serve-and-volley here and there), and since Justine's been sick, Jennifer may even have the conditioning advantage for once. If Justine doesn't at least equal her US Open effort tonight, Jennifer will whack her. ;)

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:04 PM
This is a very intriguing matchup. If Justine wins, she'll clinch a semifinal berth AND the #1 ranking. Jennifer, on the other hand, has nothing to lose, which makes her very dangerous. I look for Jennifer to be ultra-aggressive in the beginning (maybe even serve-and-volley here and there), and since Justine's been sick, Jennifer may even have the conditioning advantage for once. If Justine doesn't at least equal her US Open effort tonight, Jennifer will whack her. ;)

Hmm...serve and volley with Jen?! As they say never quit your day job and with Jen that means: stay at the baseline.

alfajeffster
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Well, let's see, Justine holds a 4-2 h2h record over Jen, and all of their matches have gone 3 sets, with Jen winning the first set 4 times, only to lose in straights every time to an attacking Justine.

I'd say more of the same.

Goal_Post
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:25 PM
I hope Jen wins and beats the top players in this tourdament to claim another major title since AO2002.

I rekon she will win if she concentrates and her legs better. Jen is going be looking for revenge and shes not going to choke from the same postion twice. Revenge is an extrmeally powerful emotion, especially considering the press and media coverage of the USO defeat. Shes not going to want that again. Also her new coach Paul Annocone (spelt wrong probably) will give her some good tatics and think of some pointers to focous on beating Justine. Go Jen.

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Well, let's see, Justine holds a 4-2 h2h record over Jen, and all of their matches have gone 3 sets, with Jen winning the first set 4 times, only to lose in straights every time to an attacking Justine.

I'd say more of the same.

Hahahaa.....sounds familiar, that pattern.

alfajeffster
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:24 PM
Hahahaa.....sounds familiar, that pattern.

What is it about Jen that she has trouble closing out the tight matches against Justine and Serena? I like Justine alot, but I was really rooting for Jen at the USO semi, and almost couldn't watch as she literally choked the match away. She did it quite a few times against Serena lately too- Wimbledon is a classic head case. Ah well, I for one couldn't do better, so I'll just keep on hoping she gets her fight back.

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Jen in 2

DEETHELICK
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Jen's attitude towards that match at USO has been very positive. Jen toughed out a win against Ai and if she is feeling better (and is able to move freely) then I pick Jen.

Jen shoulda won in two sets at USO, this time, with the help of Anacone (who is working on her confidence) I see Jen just hitting freely and pulling it out.

Whichever way Jen wins, I'll be happy! :)

shap_half
Nov 7th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Justine knows better than to let a 4-1 lead go down and succumb to Jen's whining. Justine in 2

jmp
Nov 7th, 2003, 11:54 PM
After watching them both in their opening matches, I picked Justine in three. BUT, a couple of you brought up Jennifer's new coach. That's a good point and a positive for Jennifer. But, her injury is a negative. Jennifer's USO loss to Justine may motivate her or plague her. I'm sticking with Justine. Good luck to both! Since, it's being shown late on ESPN2, the coverage shouldn't get mangled like the HH/Myskina match was.

Trish101
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:05 AM
that bitch Justine pissed Jenny even more off today, so look for Jenny to bitch slap her back to france

ys
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:36 AM
Big Tummy will beat the Cheetah..

Bezz
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Jenn 7-6 6-3 :-)

Trish101
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:31 AM
Jenny^^^ like i mentioned above.

Juju #1
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:47 AM
Good predictions...