PDA

View Full Version : Justine must win a set against Capriati

Juju #1
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:55 PM
I think we could have 3 players (Justine, Myskina, Capriati) with a 2-1 score. So my prediction is that Capriati will beat Justine but then she will lose against Myskina. If Justine loses 0-2, and then beat Sugiyama 2-0 she will have 4-3 set score (The rule is that player with highest percentage of sets won in all 3 matches, advances). So Justine could have 4-3, and when Myskina beat both Capriati and Sugiyama 2-0, she will have 5-2 and Capriati will have 4-2 and Justine is out. If Myskina loses 1 set against Capriati or Sugiyama she will have 5-3, still better tnan Juju. Only if Myskina win both matches 2-1, then Justine is ahead becouse 4-3 is better (percentage) than 5-4. So Justine must win 1 set against Capriati to have a realistic chance in third match.

lilly
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Whatever ... I think your premise that Jennifer will beat Justine and lose to Anastacia is not gonna happen. If Cappy gets her revenge (I hope not, but I haven't seen her match against Ai), IMO she'll be in a winning mood against Myskina and I don't see Anastacia finishing her off.

Juju #1
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Well she could just lose to eliminate Justine if anything else...

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:24 PM
I donīt think myskina is gonna beat Jen. Not with what I saw yesterday and it ainīt that certain that Jenīs going to beat Henin either.

lilly
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:24 PM
do players actually do that I wonder?
has there been any rumor/evidence of that before (atp too)?

Juju #1
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:35 PM
I donīt think myskina is gonna beat Jen. Not with what I saw yesterday and it ainīt that certain that Jenīs going to beat Henin either.

I didn't say she is going to beat her 100% but if Justine loses somehow, then it's big difference if it is 1-2 or 0-2.

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:38 PM
I didn't say she is going to beat her 100% but if Justine loses somehow, then it's big difference if it is 1-2 or 0-2.

But I think youīre forgetting that h2hīs go first. So Justine canīt go over Justine anymore.

Juju #1
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:53 PM
But I think youīre forgetting that h2hīs go first. So Justine canīt go over Justine anymore.

In case I was describing we have 3 players and h2h would be 1-1 for all 3 of them.

jenny161185
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:07 PM
cant wait for the jen - Justine rematch - whens it on?

Linzi
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Capriati can beat Henin - as long as she isnt 5-3 up and serving for the match ;)

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:36 PM
In case I was describing we have 3 players and h2h would be 1-1 for all 3 of them.

why is that?! No one is gonna to lose to Ai...

Juju #1
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Bandabou are you drinking ??? If Justine loses to Capriati and Capriati loses to Myskina h2h between 3 of them will be 1-1 (all 3 players will have one win and 1 defeat among them). Their wins against Sugiyama are not a part of h2h situation between them. But sets and games are taken from all matches.

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Bandabou are you drinking ??? If Justine loses to Capriati and Capriati loses to Myskina h2h between 3 of them will be 1-1 (all 3 players will have one win and 1 defeat among them). Their wins against Sugiyama are not a part of h2h situation between them. But sets and games are taken from all matches.

I see what you mean....if myskina beats ai and Jen, she is 2-1 and so we can have three players with 2-1.....but I donīt really think that Myskina can beat Jen, so someone is gonna end 3-0.

Juju #1
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Hmm...but Myskina isnīt beating Jen, so it will be 2 players with 2-1: Jen and Justine, and one with 1-2: Myskina....

So whatīs the problem?!

Ahhhhhh...Ok let me sink down to your level. So if Myskina doesn't beat Capriati then how Capriati will have 2-1...So you think she will lose to Justine...Ok but how Justine then have 2-1...So you think she will lose to Sugiyama...But wait, you said noone will lose to sugiyama. Confused ?

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:28 PM
i hope Jennifer gets her revenge and finishes top of the group

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Ahhhhhh...Ok let me sink down to your level. So if Myskina doesn't beat Capriati then how Capriati will have 2-1...So you think she will lose to Justine...Ok but how Justine then have 2-1...So you think she will lose to Sugiyama...But wait, you said noone will lose to sugiyama. Confused ?

See my post above.

Juju #1
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Oh finally...*shaking my head*

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Oh finally...*shaking my head*

Hey, better late than never!