PDA

View Full Version : Why is Rubin still ahead of Amelie?

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:55 PM
I just went to the WTA Tour site and looked at the Round Robin standing and it had Rubin in the No. 2 spot, then I went to the Champs site and it also had Rubin in the No. 2 spot. Not that I'm mad or anything but shouldn't Amelie be ahead because Amelie's set record is 3-2 and Chanda's is 2-3. :confused:

And its definitely not going by alphabetical order because A and M come before C and R, so does anyone want to care to explain? :confused:

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:02 PM
I just went to the WTA Tour site and looked at the Round Robin standing and it had Rubin in the No. 2 spot, then I went to the Champs site and it also had Rubin in the No. 2 spot. Not that I'm mad or anything but shouldn't Amelie be ahead because Amelie's set record is 3-2 and Chanda's is 2-3. :confused:

And its definitely not going by alphabetical order because A and M come before C and R, so does anyone want to care to explain? :confused:

i think it indicates that H2H counts before sets won ie chanda beat amelie therefore she is ahead of her. that's the only logic i can come up with besides it being an error.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:09 PM
It's because of their head-to-head.

But in the end it's meaningless, because, if they are still tied after their 3rd matches, it will be a tie of 3 players so sets will count.

The Crow
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:10 PM
She's number 2 because she won against Amelie. Not that it matters though.