PDA

View Full Version : Today Is Elimination Day For Myskina or Sugiyama

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Whoever loses in their match tonight will go down 0-2 and will not have a chance to reach the semifinals of the YEC. Anastasia deserves to be eliminated after leading 5-0 in the first set of her match against Justine last night and losing the set 7-5, but if she can push Justine like that, regardless of how sick Justine was, she may be able to beat Ai, though it might take three sets to do so.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Wrong, my dear. Both players still have a chance even if they lose today, although Ai needs at least a set.

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:19 PM
I think it would be great if Ai and Myskina can make an upset!

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Wrong, my dear. Both players still have a chance even if they lose today, although Ai needs at least a set.

I don't think so, my dear. Even with a set, there is little chance of someoen who is 0-2 to come back from that defecit considering Anastasia plays Jennifer next and Ai plays Justine and both will probably lose. But we shall see.

Paneru
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Even with a set, there is little chance of someoen who is 0-2 to come back from that defecit considering Anastasia plays Jennifer next and Ai plays Justine and both will probably lose. But we shall see.

But a chance nonetheless
and that's the point.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:28 PM
First post, lizchris writes, "...and will not have a chance"
Second post, lizchris writes, "...there is little chance"

Make up your mind, OK ??? :rolleyes:

And if you think that both will lose their 3rd match, then this match is meaningless anyway. :rolleyes:

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:30 PM
But a chance nonetheless
and that's the point.

Yes, like a snowball's chance in ...

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:32 PM
First post, lizchris writes, "...and will not have a chance"
Second post, lizchris writes, "...there is little chance"

Make up your mind, OK ??? :rolleyes:

And if you think that both will lose their 3rd match, then this match is meaningless anyway. :rolleyes:

I was responding to your post, where you said that one of them will have a chance. I still stand by orginal post that one of them is going to be eliminated tonight.

So post the stupid rolleyes all you want.

Paneru
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Yes, like a snowball's chance in ...

Their can be miracles when you believe! :angel: ;)

Daniel
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Vamos Nastya :D

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Their can be miracles when you believe! :angel: ;)

"Only (if) you believe in miracles, so will I" (I think that is right)

Jefferson Starship (Marty Balin, songwriter), 1975

Paneru
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:39 PM
"Only (if) you believe in miracles, so will I" (I think that is right)

Jefferson Starship (Marty Balin, songwriter), 1975

I do! :bounce:
So, their can be! :kiss: ;)

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:49 PM
I was responding to your post, where you said that one of them will have a chance. I still stand by orginal post that one of them is going to be eliminated tonight.

So post the stupid rolleyes all you want.
Just because tonight's loser is likely to be out and not to reach the semis you can't claim that it's guaranteed.
And even if tonight's loser WILL be out, you have still been talking nonsense.
Hmmm, haven't we had a similar discussion just recently ? :scratch:

justy
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:08 PM
I posted this question in another thread... Maybe someone could read this & let me know if this is feasible:

Given the following in the Black Group:
Capriati Beat Sugiyama 2 sets to 0
Henin Beat Myskina 2 sets to 1

And Given the following hypothetical for the rest of the games:
Capriati Beats Henin 2 sets to 0
Capriati Beats Myskina 2 sets to 0
Myskina Beats Sugiyama 2 sets to 1
Sugiyama Beats Henin 2 sets to 1

The result of the round robin would be:
Capriati Record: 3-0 with 6 sets winning to 0 sets losing
Henin Record: 1-2 with 3 sets winning to 5 sets losing
Myskina Record: 1-2 with 3 sets winning to 5 sets losing
Sugiyama Record: 1-2 with 3 sets winning to 5 sets losing

Therefore:
Capriati gets undisputed 1st place. 2nd place is tied between all 3 other players in match & set records.

QUESTION: Who gets the 2nd place into the Semifinals from the Black group... is it determined by the number of games played now???

Thanks

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Just because tonight's loser is likely to be out and not to reach the semis you can't claim that it's guaranteed.
And even if tonight's loser WILL be out, you have still been talking nonsense.
Hmmm, haven't we had a similar discussion just recently ? :scratch:

Actually, if tonight's loser will be out, then I wasn't talking nonsense.

I'm glad you finally see my point.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Actually, if tonight's loser will be out, then I wasn't talking nonsense.

I'm glad you finally see my point.
Yes, I see your point now. You pretend to be stupid so that discussing with you becomes useless.

One more time: As long as you have a chance, you are NOT eliminated. Is that too hard to understand ?

And why is the following scenario unlikely:
Justine def. Jen in 3.
Ai def. Anastasia in 3.
Anastasia def. Jen in 2.
Justine def. Ai in 2.

Result: Anastasia is in the semis, Jen and Ai are out.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Yes, I see your point now. You pretend to be stupid so that discussing with you becomes useless.

One more time: As long as you have a chance, you are NOT eliminated. Is that too hard to understand ?

And why is the following scenario unlikely:
Justine def. Jen in 3.
Ai def. Anastasia in 3.
Anastasia def. Jen in 2.
Justine def. Ai in 2.

Result: Anastasia is in the semis, Jen and Ai are out.

I can understand what you are saying and there is no need to be a nasty bitch, but I guess you can't understand that.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:03 PM
I posted this question in another thread... Maybe someone could read this & let me know if this is feasible:

Given the following in the Black Group:
Capriati Beat Sugiyama 2 sets to 0
Henin Beat Myskina 2 sets to 1

And Given the following hypothetical for the rest of the games:
Capriati Beats Henin 2 sets to 0
Capriati Beats Myskina 2 sets to 0
Myskina Beats Sugiyama 2 sets to 1
Sugiyama Beats Henin 2 sets to 1

The result of the round robin would be:
Capriati Record: 3-0 with 6 sets winning to 0 sets losing
Henin Record: 1-2 with 3 sets winning to 5 sets losing
Myskina Record: 1-2 with 3 sets winning to 5 sets losing
Sugiyama Record: 1-2 with 3 sets winning to 5 sets losing

Therefore:
Capriati gets undisputed 1st place. 2nd place is tied between all 3 other players in match & set records.

QUESTION: Who gets the 2nd place into the Semifinals from the Black group... is it determined by the number of games played now???

Thanks
justy: Yes, the games would decide. :o
But I don't know what would be the deciding factor - games played, games won, percentage of games won. :confused:

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:06 PM
I can understand what you are saying and there is no need to be a nasty bitch, but I guess you can't understand that.
If you understood what I'm saying you would admit that your first post doesn't make any sense.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:12 PM
If you understood what I'm saying you would admit that your first post doesn't make any sense.

My post makes sense.

Whoever goes down 0-2 tongiht in the Myskina/Sugiyama will not a semifinalist. See Elena.

justy
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:16 PM
justy: Yes, the games would decide. :o
But I don't know what would be the deciding factor - games played, games won, percentage of games won. :confused:
Thanks Go-D... I hope it remains a hypothetical.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:17 PM
My post makes sense.

Whoever goes down 0-2 tongiht in the Myskina/Sugiyama will not a semifinalist. See Elena.
Only if Ai loses in 2 (she and Elena would both have 0:2 and 0:4 then).
If Anastasia is the loser or Ai wins a set, it will be a completely different situation.

Wrong again, dearest.

MarcusRock
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:19 PM
My post makes sense.

Whoever goes down 0-2 tongiht in the Myskina/Sugiyama will not a semifinalist. See Elena.Oooh! She called you a lying sack of **** with no clue about these types of things GoDominique. There also might have been an encrypted message about your mother in there as well.

You gonna take that? Dang!

lilly
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:20 PM

I'm quite sure it's the percentage of games.

:confused: *in doubt: or did they say 'percentage of games won' (don't know if you can say that in english, you can in dutch however)

MarcusRock
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:21 PM
If Anastasia is the loser or Ai wins a set, it will be a completely different situation.

Wrong again, dearest.Ooooh! Dang. GoDominique called you "dearest." In some countries, that means he/she thinks you're lower than a house pet that can't wipe his own butt.

lizchris are you gonna take that? Dang!

Kart
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Go Ai :hearts:

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:22 PM

Wrong again, dearest.

I must not be completely wrong if you admit that if Ai loses in straight sets, then she is out (since there is a good chance that will happen).

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Ooooh! Dang. GoDominique called you "dearest." In some countries, that means he/she thinks you're lower than a house pet that can't wipe his own butt.

lizchris are you gonna take that? Dang!

Stop being a troublemaker :p

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:25 PM
I must not be completely wrong if you admit that if Ai loses in straight sets, then she is out (since there is a good chance that will happen).
Didn't you say in your first post "whoever" ?
And wouldn't that include Anastasia ???

Whoever = wrong.
First post = wrong.

MarcusRock
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:27 PM
That's some pretty strong language.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Didn't you say in your first post "whoever" ?
And wouldn't that include Anastasia ???

Whoever = wrong.
First post = wrong.

Yes, I did.

I still stand by my post that the person who goes down 0-2 in matches tonight will not have a chance to advance to the semis. I might be wrong and if I am, I'll admit it. If your first post wasn't so condesending, I would take what you said seriously.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:43 PM
OK, then just explain to me what you mean when you say "will not have a chance". You must have realized that there IS a possibility for both to lose tonight and still advance.
Do you mean "is highly unlikely to reach the semis" ?

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:54 PM
OK, then just explain to me what you mean when you say "will not have a chance". You must have realized that there IS a possibility for both to lose tonight and still advance.
Do you mean "is highly unlikely to reach the semis" ?

Yes

When I said "will not have a chance", I based it on the standings as of today (Jennifer, 1-0, 2-0; Justine, 1-0, 2-1; Anastasia 0-1, 1-2; Ai, 0-1, 0-2) and the probability of one playing winning against the other (Justine will win tonight as will Anast

Not to pat myself on the back, but I have right about all the matches except one predicted Amelie would beat Chanda).

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Then you should just have said that initially.
You might have meant that in your first post. But you said something else which simply isn't true.

Bye.

brunof
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:02 PM
COME ON AI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: = You don't have to be so full of smiles against Justine!

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Today is not just elimination day for the two. Today is also the yearend #1 clinching day for Justine Henin. Should she beat Jennifer, it completely removes any intrigue from this Championship. If this happens, the chances of Kim losing to Amelie will go up big time, because Kim will be left with quite little to play for.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Then you should just have said that initially.
You might have meant that in your first post. But you said something else which simply isn't true.

Bye.

I probably should have, but I have this funny feeling you would have had a problem with that too.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Today is not just elimination day for the two. Today is also the yearend #1 clinching day for Justine Henin. Should she beat Jennifer, it completely removes any intrigue from this Championship. If this happens, the chances of Kim losing to Amelie will go up big time, because Kim will be left with quite little to play for.

I forgot all about that.

Kim would still have to defend her YEC from last year, so she still would have to play for something.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:16 PM
I probably should have, but I have this funny feeling you would have had a problem with that too.
No, I wouldn't. And even the thread title says Myskina explicitly. Why didn't you name the thread something like "Today Is Elimination Day For Sugiyama" [because she will lose in 2 sets] ?

Bye.

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:18 PM
I forgot all about that.

Kim would still have to defend her YEC from last year, so she still would have to play for something.

yes, but match against Amelie completley turns into a dead rubber, leave alone the fact that it will certainly affect her mood.

So let us all support Jennifer against The Sick One.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:20 PM
No, I wouldn't. And even the thread title says Myskina explicitly. Why didn't you name the thread something like "Today Is Elimination Day For Sugiyama" [because she will lose in 2 sets] ?

Bye.

Because there is a chance that she could lose Sugiyama. Do I think she will, no; is there a chance she could, yes.

Are you a fan of hers?

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:21 PM
yes, but match against Amelie completley turns into a dead rubber, leave alone the fact that it will certainly affect her mood.

Do you think Justine was really sick? Because I have my doubts.

tennisluver99
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:25 PM

No thank you, I'm supporting the sick one tonight.

Myskina is losing to Ai tonight.

Kim will beat Mauresmo.

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Do you think Justine was really sick? Because I have my doubts.

If only mentally..

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:28 PM

Kim will beat Mauresmo.

All wrong.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:49 PM

Kim will beat Mauresmo.

I agree with everything you said but Ai beating Anastasia. I think it will be the other way around.

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:57 PM
All wrong.
:worship: :worship:

tennisluver99
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:03 PM
All wrong.

We will see.

I just think Myskina will be too heartbroken after the loss to beat Ai.

I just don't see Kim losing to Mauresmo.

Capriati-Henin is a toss up (GO JUSTINE!!!!)

DEETHELICK
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:50 PM
I've seen Ai and Myskina play recently and I really enjoyed their matches against other opponents.

Ai works so hard and Myskina is very clever on court.

I think Ai will pull this out though....

Veritas
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:18 AM
COME ON AI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: = You don't have to be so full of smiles against Justine!

:lol: I'd love to see Ai be more aggressive on court. It's as if she doesn't want to offend any player.

Jenn might probably take advantage of Justine's tired state. That match against Myskina was a marathon :eek: And despite what most of the commentators mention, I reckon Jenn's in good shape and she does run down quite a few balls. And she's no slouch on clay as well, so I reckon Jenn can go through quite a few rallies!

The real toss-up is b/w Ai and Anastacia. Both hit the ball softer than Jenn and Justine and both have an even H2H record (Ai beat Anastacia in Gold Coast last year, but Anastacia got her revenge in Eastbourne 2002). But after the performance Anastacia's given (plus the fact that she's had better results against the top players), I reckon she might push Ai out of LA in straight sets. Something along the lines of 6-3, 7-6 (9-7), or maybe 6-4, 5-7, 6-2. Just my two cents.

samhatz
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Amelie will defeat Kim today!!

And then Amelie will win her semi

then she will be NUMBER 4!!!

AjdeNate!
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:03 PM
: bump :

Pengwin
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:18 PM
why bump a 1 year old thread?

lizchris
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Don't ask.

AjdeNate!
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:27 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=135821

faboozadoo15
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Don't ask.
:tape:
guess who this thread makes look dumb :eek:
real shocker, isn't it?

lizchris
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:44 PM
:tape:
guess who this thread makes look dumb :eek:
real shocker, isn't it?
It must be you becaus who would waste their time on a thread that is almost a year old?

faboozadoo15
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:07 PM
It must be you becaus who would waste their time on a thread that is almost a year old?
let's see... liz- 2 new posts in the one year old thread
me- 1 more post that you just couldn't handle :tape:

Saved!
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:11 PM
wtf iz dis shit?

thelittlestelf
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Why was this bumped :confused:?

lizchris
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Why was this bumped :confused:?

Becuase a fan of Karolina Sprem can't believe how much she is tanking this fall and didn't like the fact that I said that Vera, Venus or Nadia will move into the top ten when Kim falls out of the top ten in a couple of weeks.

Saved!
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:22 PM
thats rude of em

lizchris
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:25 PM
thats rude of emA some people here are rude.

I see you are new. Welcome to the board; you'll get used to the madness.

Saved!
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:29 PM
mad? i know you mean crazy but i think people here are just angry and mad. it's really bad to see

lizchris
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:32 PM
mad? i know you mean crazy but i think people here are just angry and mad. it's really bad to see

I depends on what it being discussed. If you mention Venus, Serena, Maria, Martina H., some people will get angry.

-Sonic-
Oct 6th, 2004, 12:10 AM
awww Martina H... I need a long sleeved/short sleeved top at work.

Greenout
Oct 6th, 2004, 03:54 AM
:lol:
How old really is this thread?

This totally threw me off- both Ai and Anastastia are playing
at Filderstadt, people assume they won't win a match indoors.
And the UberBoss sick?

Somethings never change!

Hant Hant
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:05 AM
so not the drama