PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva Out of Contention at WTA Championships

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Even if she beats Chanda on Saturday, she cannot reach the semifinals. At this point, she can only be the spoiler by beating Chanda or taking a set off of her.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:19 PM
COME ON CHANDA! Beat her in two and COME ON KIM beat Amelie and Chanda will qualify for semis

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:24 PM
The way both have been playing, Chanda's chances of reaching the semis are very good.

the cat
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Dementieva will beat Rubin yet again. This time in 3 sets.

Jarrett
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:24 PM
lizchris, you thread title is misleading and had me worried that Elena had injured herself and was out of the tournament meaning that should couldn't play. :(

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:45 PM
lizchris, you thread title is misleading and had me worried that Elena had injured herself and was out of the tournament meaning that should couldn't play. :(

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to mislead anybody. I'll change the title, but the thread isn't misleading. She cannot win the tournament.

Jarrett
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Thanks for editing it. No, the thread itself isn't misleading. It is pretty straight forward. :)

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Thanks for editing it. No, the thread itself isn't misleading. It is pretty straight forward. :)

You're welcome.

BTW, do you have a problem with my Myskina/Sugyama thread?

Kart
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:42 PM
I hope she doesn't stop Chanda reaching the semis.

DA FOREHAND
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:46 PM
DUH! DID anyone think she was going to be a factor? silly wabbits!

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:59 PM
DUH! DID anyone think she was going to be a factor? silly wabbits!

I didn't.

I said that she and Ai would't be factors, with Chanda being a close second (but I might be wrong on her).

gmak
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:15 PM
alyona has been disappoining this week :sad: :mad:

well she still has the FED CUP ;)

ghosts
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Alyonna :sad:

faboozadoo15
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:49 PM
ill admit i though she was going to do better... i also thought she wouldn't play like shit 2 matches in a row. i was wrong twice....

Bероника
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Go Chanda!!!!

DEETHELICK
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Elena has played horribly this week. But she only has herself to blame (i.e. play a warmup event next time!).

As with Chanda, it depends on how she handles the pressure to win and how Elena is doing with her groundies. I hope Elena wins in two! :)

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Come on Elena. Get some points out of this event, dammit. And help Amelie progress (not that I'm sure Momo deserves it unless she earns it off her own racket and beats Kim).