PDA

View Full Version : Elena's slip in Filderstadt

Pages : [1] 2 3

Majolifan
Nov 7th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Have you seen what kind of slip Elena wore in Filderstadt under her short skirt? Uncredible... Sometimes I think she wears it for me and I'm very happy...

dubro
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:49 PM
if you show it, we can see ant do some commitments...:hearts:

scarlett retsel
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Have you seen what kind of slip Elena wore in Filderstadt under her short skirt? Uncredible... Sometimes I think she wears it for me and I'm very happy...
No... but Lena is known for wearing see-through clothing down there... :o

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2003, 01:19 AM
This is what Kournikova has done to women's tennis.
People watching think the players are dressing just for them.

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2003, 07:49 PM
Looking at some of those Lena photos at Getty images, it's clear that Lena likes to show lots of skin.

the cat
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:46 PM
That surprises me, GL. I don't think of Lena being like that. I think of Lena as being low key and intellectual. :)

goldenlox
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:55 PM
Lena can be smart and show her body also. And she does both.

the cat
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:59 PM
Now I know why you want IMG to market and promote Lena the same way they market Dani and Maria.

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:01 AM
I don't care if they market her as much, just give her the same clothing deal.

the cat
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:26 AM
How do you know that Lena doesn't have a clothing deal with Nike? She should. And if not with Nike I would like to see Lena wearing Puma clothing. :)

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:30 AM
I don't know if Lena has a clothing deal or not. But when a player is getting a lot of money, you can easily see what brand they wear.
What brand does Lena wear? If we don't know, she doesn't have a big sponsor for clothes.

the cat
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:34 AM
I thought she was with Nike. I hope she has a clothing deal. IMG should be doing more for Lena than they are.

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:39 AM
And Octagon should do more with Elena D. and Lina.
It seems like if they can't, or won't, promote you as a Kourna-clona, they don't do anything with you.

the cat
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:52 AM
I think the Kourni-Clona angle is worn out. Octagon should do more with Elena D and Lina K, but they won't because they are not marquee names. It's sad but true. But they are gorgeous and good tennis players so they can be marketed in America. I just hope they are marketed in Russia their homeland.

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2003, 01:02 AM
If the Kourna-clona angle was worn out, Ashley and Maria wouldn't be playing the "next Anna" Invitational in Baltimore. And they wouldn't be on Kilborn.
There are so many good Russian players, and so little advertising money (compared to Madison Ave.), that marketing in Russia won't mean much.

I feel the WTA needs to have important tournaments. So whoever wins it becomes a bigger name. They need events like the majors. That the WTA controls.

the cat
Dec 4th, 2003, 03:46 AM
There are alot of good Russina's who are happy to be making a good living playing tennis. Other than Anna and Maria I don't think the other Russina's yearn to be famous and a household name.

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2003, 03:59 AM
I can't read the players' minds. I've read that Anna was in a competition with Hingis. Martina won tournaments, and Anna got the huge endorsement deals and the magazine covers.
I think Anna was very fortunate to turn pro right after a prodigy like Hingis. The media went overboard covering the next junior #1.
And Anna has stayed popular. Which is mindboggling, considering her injuries.

I don't know what Maria wants, outside tennis. But she's going to hear Anna's name everywhere she goes. Max is making sure of that.

the cat
Dec 4th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Maria wants to be a great tennis player and she wants to be famous, too. And from what I've read about Masha she enjoys being a role model. I also believe she will not choose to have her personal life played out in the tabloids. I think Maria will be discreet and protective of her personal life the way Daniela Hantuchova is. :angel:

And I seriously doubt that Maria's IMG agent Max Eisenbud is trying to annoy Maria with her constantly being compared to Anna Kournikova. He knows that wouldn't please Maria. :eek:

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Going on Kilborn's show, playing an exhibition that's called "Next Kournikova" in the Baltimore Sun. It appears that Maria wants the Anna comparisons.
It's all a game. They do all the next Anna stuff they can do, and Maria acts angry about it. So people don't think she's involved in it.
Maria wants the Kourna-clona stuff.

the cat
Dec 4th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Are you pulling my leg again, GL? Is the exhibition really called "Next Kournikova"? I don't believe it. I think your writer's type mind is just having some fun with me. :p

goldenlox
Dec 4th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Sharky posted the article in GM. I went to the newspaper's website, and the one article that had Sharapova in it was called "Next Kournikova".

When I saw Kilborn, I thought Maria was doing insult humor. Now that I look back at it, she knew the Anna question was coming.
The answer: "that's so old" was a prepared line. The idea was that Anna is old news. But she said it so quick, it sounded like she called Kilborn old.

the cat
Dec 4th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2003, 12:04 AM
This is a charity event, right? That's better than playing a 50k anyway.
I want Tatiana to win the 50k. She needs to build her confidence back up.
Anna needs to do that also. If Anna comes back in Miami, it's just a waste of time.
It's a 10 month layoff. Anna should come back in a Tier V. Win some matches.

the cat
Dec 5th, 2003, 12:42 AM
I don't think Anna will come back for Miami, GL. The field will be too tough for her after not playing for so long. And the clay court season starts right after Miami and Anna is a terrible clay court player. So I wouldn't count on her playing WTA Tour tennis in April or May of next year, either. :( I don't know why she won't do what Andre Agassi did years ago and play the challenger tour to get back into good form.

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2003, 12:46 AM
I don't like that idea. She's already won challengers. I say play small WTA events.
Anna hasn't won a WTA match since Moscow, 2002.

the cat
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:06 AM
GL, Anna has to start somewhere. Why not challengers? And don't you or Anna turn your respective noses up at challengers.

And I didn't realize it had been so long since Anna had won a WTA match. :(

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:10 AM
She tried challengers this year. I prefer that Anna supports the WTA tour.
Challengers compete with the tour when Anna's playing them. Just like Sea Island. It got more coverage on ESPN.com than the Tier I in Germany that week.

the cat
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:22 AM
GL, I also prefer that Anna supports the WTA Tour. And I hope she does again in the future. But things don't look promising for Anna at this time. :(

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:27 AM
I really believe that Anna loves tennis. More than most people think. And I think she practices for hours every day. But since that 2001 stress fracture, Anna just can't put it together in matches. Except for short spurts.
And now I think her serve will be worse than ever.
Anna needs this mindset - just enjoy competing. Try hard. Don't worry about winning. Just enjoy playing. That's what I would tell her.

the cat
Dec 5th, 2003, 02:17 AM
GL, I wish you were working for Anna. :) You have the kind of vibrance and enthusiasm that can help Anna. Her game is only going backwards by not playing on the WTA Tour and I think she knows it and is very concerned about making a comeback that fails. But she shouldn't think like that. She is Anna Kournikova who is loved worldwide. :D She has millions of people rooting for her. But unfortunately Anna is showing no signs of a making a real comeback to the WTA Tour. :(

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2003, 02:20 AM
I don't understand how Anna could play three straight nights of doubles in WTT in July. And they keep postponing when she comes back on tour.
Anna will probably lose her first match in almost a year.
Why not just enter a tournament and play a match? I don't get it.

the cat
Dec 5th, 2003, 12:39 PM
GL, it's partly psychological with Anna. I'm sure she's not 100% healthy. But I think it's now mental with Anna, too. I think her confidence is shot and she's nervous about making her WTA Tour comeback. And her weak serve is probably worrying her, too. :(

Simply Orange
Dec 5th, 2003, 06:13 PM
I don't like that idea. She's already won challengers. I say play small WTA events.
Anna hasn't won a WTA match since Moscow, 2002.
Anna beat Nags at 2003 Aussie Open... :sad:

That was her last win.

Simply Orange
Dec 5th, 2003, 06:17 PM
I don't understand how Anna could play three straight nights of doubles in WTT in July. And they keep postponing when she comes back on tour.
Anna will probably lose her first match in almost a year.
Why not just enter a tournament and play a match? I don't get it.
Exhibitions give her more money just for appearing. She'll play a special match against another Barbie in an exho... where as in a tournament, she'll probably lose 1st round to someone who isn't so attractive.

That's why I laugh when her fans say Anna works so hard, she wants to get back to where she was... she's only in it for the money, and the attention.

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:40 PM
I know about the AO result. I meant a regular WTA event. When Anna comes back in March, it will be a year and a half since she beat MGM in the first round in Moscow, 2002.
Since then, it's Nags Sr. and 3 wins in a 25k.

I guess if Anna's back is all healed, playing 25k's might build up her confidence.
But I think Anna belongs in WTA events.

Simply Orange
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:43 PM
I don't agree with the idea that winning challengers will help Anna's confidence... I think she'll only get that knowing she can beat, or at least be competitive with players on her level.

I think it's a good idea to play challengers when she first comes back, though. Just for some match experience.

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:49 PM
I don't know if Anna can beat anyone in the top 50 right now. Doing what Tatiana just did might be the only way Anna can get into a close, competitve match. And get her confidence back.

Simply Orange
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Yes, Anna would lose to most Top 50 players now.

It's good to try and some matches in before trying to take them on.

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:56 PM
I think everyone on the tour wants to play Anna. You get on a show court against a player you can beat.

the cat
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:28 PM
You're right, GL. Everyone on the WTA Tour wants to play Anna Kournikova. And Anna knows it and that's part of the reason Anna is ambivalent about making a WTA Tour comeback.

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:32 PM
I guess Anna should watch what Tatiana does. But Anna is a big draw.
I prefer a Tier IV to a 25k. Tier IV's have an arena with seats to sell. 25k's have a park bench for families of the players.

the cat
Dec 5th, 2003, 11:17 PM
I would be very happy if Anna played a Tier lV next year and won a match in that Tier lV tournament to kick start her comeback. She desperately needs somehting positive to happen to her in a WTA tournament.

Goodbye for now. :wavey: I'm off to shovel some snow now so I won't have alot of snow to shovel in the morning. I'm playing high percentage snow shoveling. ;)

goldenlox
Dec 5th, 2003, 11:21 PM
The forecast I saw was for heavy winds and more snow. So the wind might blow the snow back on your sidewalk.
So don't get a heart attack tonight. Shovel small amounts.
I might go watch other people shovel. But it looks cold. So I'll stay inside, probably.

Simply Orange
Dec 6th, 2003, 12:14 AM
It's funny that for once... the rest of New York state gets pummeled with snow, and it's sunny and beautiful in Western New York. :)

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2003, 12:30 AM
NYC has had entire winters with no snow. But this weekend is a mess.
It's supposed to be 40's and sunny next week.

the cat
Dec 6th, 2003, 01:27 AM
Yes GL, I tried to shovel small amounts of snow and then breathe. It seemed to work. ;) But the snow will be heavier tomorrow which will make for some difficult shoveling.

Get those cats of yours inside, GL. :cat: Watching cats manuever around in the snow is very interesting. They try to jump over the snow and land on a dry surface as soon as possible.

Lucky you, SO. :) But the weather worm will turn and you'll get yours! :eek: ;)

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2003, 01:28 AM
I think there's a chance Anna comes back, her back is stable from all the rest she gave it, and she has a career year.
A lot of tennis is about luck. It's not only who you play, but how well they're playing when you play them.

the cat
Dec 6th, 2003, 01:37 AM
Anna needs some good luck and good fortune on her side as far as her tennis career goes.

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2003, 01:44 AM
Anna was playing well when she was injured in Moscow. She went 12-5 after Wimbledon.
This year Anna lost 6-4 in the third to Majoli in Sarasota. Then she was injured during a match with Conchita. She won 3 matches at a 25k, then was injured. She tried to play another 25k, was hurting, and forced her way through the third set.
I don't think her game is gone. Anna's been fighting injuries.

the cat
Dec 6th, 2003, 01:47 AM
GL, I hope Anna still believes in herself and her tennis ability.

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2003, 01:51 AM
Anna needs to win matches. After she beat Nags Sr. in Melbourne, Anna was talking about the top 10.
Then came the back and thigh injuries.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 6th, 2003, 02:14 AM
"Nags Sr." again. Didn't you already apologize to her?
After watching the late, late show interview, I realize that I have to apologize to Henrieta for calling Maria "Nags Jr".
The real Nagyova can't be that bad of an interview. I've been insulting the original Nagyova. I apologize.

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2003, 02:19 AM
I just wanted to make it clear that Anna beat the Nags who has 9 crappy titles.
Not the one with 2 crappy titles.

the cat
Dec 6th, 2003, 02:30 AM
GL dear, you shouldn't be snubbing your nose at WTA titles. ;)

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2003, 02:33 AM
There are titles. And there are Nagyova titles. I don't think there should be Nagyova tournaments the same week there are Tier I's.
That's how this whole Nags Jr. thing started.

the cat
Dec 6th, 2003, 03:27 AM
GL, these Tier lll WTA titles are stepping stones to bigger and better WTA titles for Maria Sharapova. I don't see anything wrong with her winning these smaller WTA titles at this early point of her career when she's 16 years old.

I'm a little tired and a little stiff from the snow shoveling. So I'm going to shuffle off to bed. :wavey:

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2003, 03:29 AM
I told you to be careful shovelling. Don't be surprised if Nags Jr. tops out at the Tier III level. She's not that good.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 6th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Don't be surprised if Nags Jr. tops out at the Tier III level. She's not that good.
Let's wait and see!

goldenlox
Dec 6th, 2003, 09:41 PM
If cat can predict greatness, I can predict normalcy.

the cat
Dec 7th, 2003, 12:03 AM
I'm a bit tired and sore tonight. :( The snow was heavy today and I have a sore right hip as a result of it. And that heavy snow is weighing down the bushes and damaging them. So in addition to shovelling snow I've had to take a broom and swat the bushes so the snow falls off them. And then I couldn't access Yahoo or WTA World for most of the day which frustrated me. :mad:

The roads are a mess and only 1 deli near where I live was open today It's been a tough day.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Physical pain is the worst. Try 2 tylenols. And lie down in a dark, quiet room for an hour.
I don't worry about delis. I eat light, year round.
My parents go nuts about the house burning oil, to heat it up. I like it warm. The bill payers (mom & dad) want to keep the house cool.

Simply Orange
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:09 AM
I'm a bit tired and sore tonight. :( The snow was heavy today and I have a sore right hip as a result of it. And that heavy snow is weighing down the bushes and damaging them. So in addition to shovelling snow I've had to take a broom and swat the bushes so the snow falls off them. And then I couldn't access Yahoo or WTA World for most of the day which frustrated me. :mad:

The roads are a mess and only 1 deli near where I live was open today It's been a tough day.
:haha:

I love that NYC has to deal with all of this.

We have nothing. NOTHING. Beautiful green grass, and black, salty covered roads.

This happens once a lifetime... and I'm enjoying it. :p

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:11 AM
On NBC, they pre-emted the afternoon programming to show people shovel and spin their tires in cars.
It's like a disaster area. I haven't been outside today.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:45 AM
I was roaming around the picture link that helena put in Anna's picture thread.
1,000's of pictures of women athletes. I couldn't find one of Lena. I saw one Nags Jr. page. And they had several pictures of Anna and Nags Jr. paired together. In similar poses and outfits.

Either Maria is in league with IMG. Pretending to be mad about the media creating Anna comparisons. When it's obvious this is IMG's goal.

Or Maria is a retard.

the cat
Dec 7th, 2003, 12:58 PM
I had computer problems last night and I unplugged everything connected to the laptop and plugged it this morning. It seems to be functioning normally again.

GL, you should really go outside and play in the snow. :D Have a snowball fight with your little sister. ;) But most of all keep an eye on your dad because the snow is heavy and shovelling snow can be a health hazard. :eek:

I just spent 50 minutes outside shovelling and I am exahausted. And I still have about another half hour to go. What's most frustrating about shovelling the snow is that the snow sometimes sticks to the shovel when I'm tossing it to the side and that is toughfor me to take because I have to exert more energy than normal shovelling snow. :mad:

SO, enjoy it while you can. ;) :p

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2003, 01:25 PM
If you have that much ground to clear, investing in a snow blower is probably worth it. Or pay a neighbor to borrow one.
I'll be outside Monday. This is an indoor weekend.

the cat
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:23 PM
I usually have a neighbor plow the driveway with his snow plow pick up truck. But he doesn't have his pick up truck set up to plow snow at this time so I'm out of luck and stuck to shovelling the driveway and the front and back walks. And I just spent another 45 minutes shovelling snow. But I'm done for now. I think. I hope.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:40 PM
I'm glad you were able to do it. This snow will be around all week. I'll have to dress sloppy tomorrow.

the cat
Dec 7th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Sloppy but still fashionable. :) Right?

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2003, 03:01 PM
If I get splashed with slush, I'll have clothes on that can handle it.
I have some decent old jeans.

the cat
Dec 7th, 2003, 05:12 PM
GL, after staying inside for 2 days you'll probably cringe tomorrow when you feel how cold it is outside. :eek:

And I wish there was some tennis on television today.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2003, 05:14 PM
I hope it warms up a little.
The tennis channel is showing squash now. I'm amazed anyone went to the Giants game.

the cat
Dec 7th, 2003, 05:48 PM
I didn't know you had The Tennis Channel. How much is it and how good is it?

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2003, 05:51 PM
It's 4 dollars a month. It's worth it. Especially when January comes. They have the Girls on Tour film.
I saw No Strings with Pete Sampras this morning. It was very good.
It has great potential. One day they might show juniors or challengers.

the cat
Dec 7th, 2003, 06:13 PM
What is the Girls On Tour film? The Tennis Channel does seem to have excellent potential.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2003, 06:21 PM
I taped it, I haven't watch it yet. I know it has Hingis. And 2 Maleeva sisters. It looks like a documentary. I saw it ends with a dad forcing her young daugther to practice harder.

the cat
Dec 7th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Tennis parents can be annoying.

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Parents can be tough on their kids. That's why there are psychiatrists.
So grown kids with tough parents can vent.

dubro
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:24 PM
tennis parents are the ruin of tennis ...

goldenlox
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:34 PM
It's hard to be sure who's a bad parent, and who isn't.
How often has Anna seen her father since she was 10? Is he doing something wrong? It's hard to know.

I do know that SO has 20 posts in an Anna thread in GM, and none here.

the cat
Dec 8th, 2003, 12:25 AM
It's amazing to me how Anna's father Sergei got shut out of her life after Anna moved to Florida at 10 years of age. Anna's mother Alla ran everything until Anna took control from her a couple of years ago.

goldenlox
Dec 8th, 2003, 12:29 AM
Anna's mom used to be around all the time. Then, she was never around.
I don't know what's going on. But it's a strange situation where a working class family has one child. And she becomes a multi-millionaire in her teens.

Simply Orange
Dec 8th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Anna doesn't wear see-through underwear.

goldenlox
Dec 8th, 2003, 12:43 AM
Anna's skirt is so low on her hips. Who's going to wear that at a club or park?
It's like asking to be embarrassed. Anna has a patch on her tatoo. Or she might show her butt in that skirt.

the cat
Dec 8th, 2003, 06:19 PM
I actually miss Anna's mother, Alla. :( Anna's career fell apart after Anna sent Alla back to Moscow.

GL, did you get slushed up today? It's kind of slushy out there today.

goldenlox
Dec 8th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Just got home. I got a little slushed up. I wore running shoes today. Any heels would have been slippery.
I was stomping on some slush and got it all over my clothes. But I wore stuff that cleans up.

goldenlox
Dec 8th, 2003, 07:33 PM
I don't remember Anna before Wimbledon 2000. The Anna I saw lose to JHH at the US Open in 2000, and lose to Davenport at the 2001 AO, was not going to win majors. Or Tier I's and Tier II's.
I've never seen Anna play tennis on the top level. Elena D. in Amelia Island played better than any tennis I've seen Anna play.
The best I've seen of Anna was the 2000 YEC. And Hingis won the semifinal very easily.

the cat
Dec 8th, 2003, 07:49 PM
You seemed to handle the slush just fine. :)

Anna was playing some fine tennis at the 2000 YEC and she had a good chance to take the first set from Martina Hingis. But she blew it. Anna played well in early 2001 but then came more injuries. :( And Anna has never been the same player since early 2001.

goldenlox
Dec 8th, 2003, 07:52 PM
I saw the Anna-Lindsay match at the 2001 AO. I remember that Ray Lewis had media day on ESPN 2, at the same time.
Lindsay dominated.
Did you see Kim-Elena at the 2000 YEC? You could see that Kim was going to be great. She was 17, and pounded the ball.

the cat
Dec 8th, 2003, 09:57 PM
GL, I have the Kim Clijsters - Elena Dementieva 2000 YEC match on tape. I knew she would be a very good player and I thought she had a slightly bigger upside than Elena did even though she lost that match. But I am surprised how much better a tennis player Clijsters is than the Darling One (Dementieva) is.

goldenlox
Dec 8th, 2003, 10:14 PM
That was a 19 year old and a 17 year old. Kim was still improving. Moreso than Elena.
I think Elena showed at Amelia Island that she's not far away. Kim is very consistent. That's her edge.

goldenlox
Dec 8th, 2003, 10:44 PM
When I think about Kim and Elena, I don't know why Kim has such superior results. Kim's serve isn't tremendous. Her baseline game isn't that much better.
It's like Kim does everything a little bit better. And it adds up to 3 slam finals. And 2 YEC wins.

the cat
Dec 8th, 2003, 11:25 PM
You're right, GL. Kim Clijsters does everything a little better than Elena Dementieva does. But she's a much better tennis player than Elena is. Kim has a better serve, is a better volleyer, has a little more power, is fitter than Elena is, is quicker, is a better defensive player and she's stronger mentally than Elena is. Add it all up and Clijsters is a much better tennis player than Dementieva is. But that shouldn't be the case.

goldenlox
Dec 8th, 2003, 11:34 PM
But it's hard to do what Kim is doing. Two slam finals. Two semifinals. This year.
Those are very special results. Elena is ranked #8.
Millions of players, including me, would love to be ranked #8.

In 2000, you could see both Kim and Elena would have top 10 careers. It shows how hard it is to win majors.
Only Justine and Serena have won the last 7. Add Jennifer and Venus, it's 14 straight. 4 people.

the cat
Dec 8th, 2003, 11:56 PM
It looks like it's going to be extremely difficult for a Russian woman to win a grand slam singles title in the very near future. :(

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 12:00 AM
It's going to be tough for everyone. I think Kim wants one badly. Venus wants one more.
Everyone wants one.

the cat
Dec 9th, 2003, 12:25 AM
It's hard to believe Venus Williams hasn't won a grand slam in over 2 years. And her very big little sister Serena is the reason why.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 12:29 AM
You have to go all the way back to RG 2000 when Pierce won. Since then just 4 people. Only Serena and Justine since January 2002.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Sometimes I think it might be better to be where Nastya and Elena D. are. Making a lot of money. But not at the very top.
Not the most well known. They can get away and get privacy. And they still make great money.

the cat
Dec 9th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Good point, GL. Anastasia Myskina and Elena Dementieva are very successful and do make alot of money. But they don't face the immense pressure to win the top players do. Maybe they're happy with that.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 01:50 AM
I know all pro athletes are very competitive. But being ranked in the top 20 is still a great accomplishment. It's something to be proud of.
And it might be less stressful than having huge expectations placed on you.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 9th, 2003, 02:40 AM
I’ve been disappointed with Kim because she couldn’t win a Grand Slam final against Justine.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 02:45 AM
I read that Belgium won 5 Olympic medals in the 2000 summer games.
A lot of people are going to be disappointed with Kim this summer.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 9th, 2003, 02:51 AM
And it was such a sweet and great revenge when Serena beat Justine in SF at Wimbledon!

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 02:58 AM
And then Justine won the US Open and took the #1 ranking.
At the time Serena was sitting in Jimmy Kimmel's greenroom. Because he didn't put her on until the last 10 minutes of his show.
And Serena also did Wayne Brady's show. Which got canceled.
I think Justine had the last laugh for 2003.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Noboby thought Justine would win two slams when 2003 started.
She took the baton from Hingis and brought Adidas to the top.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:18 AM
And then Justine won the US Open and took the #1 ranking.
Yes, she won it but the Williams sisters were absent from the US Open. And that’s another reason why I’m disappointed with Kim. In addition, this year Serena’d only played 7 tournaments and Venus 6.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Injuries are a part of sports. I'm not convinced Venus or Serena can come back and stay healthy. They haven't played since Wimbledon.
Look how quickly that ankle led to Hingis' retirement.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:29 AM
I'm not convinced Venus or Serena can come back and stay healthy.
Look how quickly that ankle led to Hingis' retirement.
I think Serena's comeback will be fine. Not so sure about Venus.

But even if Hingis could stay healthy, do you realistically think she still would be able to compete successfully with the Williams sisters and the Belgian girls?

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:35 AM
Probably not. Hingis was a prodigy. But not a hard hitter.
I don't know if Serena can do it or not. Injuries and years of wear and tear take their toll. We'll see.

celine2
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:39 AM
I think Martina's biggest reason she isn't playing is she discovered boys, and discovered she could finally stop dedicating her whole life to tennis...

I think Serena can come back from her injury... but Venus, I don't know. Venus' type of injury will never go away... and will affect her every serve of every match.

With Venus' low tolerance of playing with injuries, and the fact that Serena has proven she's a far better player, and that at least Justine has probably surpassed Venus also... I really doubt we'll be seeing her play more than 10 tournaments a year, ever again.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:45 AM
I think Hingis discovered boys before she won a major.

celine2
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:50 AM
Yes, but Martina ate, slept, and shit tennis her whole life. When you do that, you don't have much time for boys. We're seeing now what a little fuqbunny she is... being with a different guy every week, basically.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:51 AM
Maybe. I think when you've earned millions, you've earned the luxury of coasting. That's why I want money in the first place.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 04:05 AM
This is why I'm not against Anna taking her time coming back.
She's made a fortune. She can play tennis for fun now. And enjoy the time before she comes back.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 9th, 2003, 04:45 AM
Yes, but Martina ate, slept, and shit tennis her whole life. We're seeing now what a little fuqbunny she is... being with a different guy every week, basically.
Anna is one of the most beautiful women in the world, yet she'd had a very few boyfriends.

goldenlox
Dec 9th, 2003, 07:21 PM
There are a lot of beautiful girls in the world.
I don't know if any pretty pro tennis players ever realized just how big you can get by flaunting your looks.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 01:20 AM
Did Maria play in Boca Raton? They didn't update the event website.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 10th, 2003, 02:00 AM
There are a lot of beautiful girls in the world.
Yes, a lot of them.

But Anna is both very beautiful and extremely famous worldwide.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 02:10 AM
Yep. It's a strange situation. If you get famous for being pretty, people seem more interested in you than if you're famous for doing something well.
It's like - Marilyn Monroe or Margaret Court. Who do people want to meet?
They want to meet the pretty one. Strange, but it seems true.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 10th, 2003, 02:16 AM
If you get famous for being pretty, people seem more interested in you than if you're famous for doing something well.
Yes, Anna is famous for being beautiful. But she also was a very accomplished player.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 02:25 AM
A very good player. But all the attention she received, beyond her results, created more interest.
I think that's what Max wants to do with Maria. Create extra interest. And then people want to see the young, pretty player who's getting so much attention.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 02:45 AM
It will always be a part of women's sports that men, and women, notice what the athletes look like.
But there are many pretty girls on the tour. You have to get famous as the pretty one, or else it doesn't matter.
Look at Maria K. If she gets hyped as pretty, she'll draw crowds. If she doesn't get hyped, she'll be like Lina, and Iroda. The player's agent is a huge factor.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 10th, 2003, 02:51 AM
The player's agent is a huge factor.
You're absolutely right.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 10th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Is Anna's mother Alla a good looking woman?

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Alla was in the 2000 SI with Anna on the cover. She must be 40 now.
I don't know what she looked like 20 years ago.
Anna's dad is good looking guy. A wrestler, in his day.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 10th, 2003, 02:59 AM
But it's a strange situation where a working class family has one child.
Many families in Russia only have one child.

For them having 2 children means having a lot of children.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:01 AM
I mean it's strange when the child is earning so much money, while so young.
And the kid's dating a superstar professional athlete. That whole situation was unusual.

celine2
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:03 AM
Is Anna's mother Alla a good looking woman?
I think she's even prettier than Anna...

I would have love to seen her when she was younger.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Yes, it's an one in a million situation!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Is it true that Anna was married briefly to the Russian ice hockey player?

And is it true that Anna and Enrique had to pay that Russian player about US$5 millions to have a divorce certificate from him?

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:14 AM
The timing was right for Anna. I remember the women's soccer got great U.S. tv ratings.
Everyone thought women's pro sports was going to explode. Anna was young and a new face at the right time.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Fedorov said they were married. I don't know what finances were involved.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:40 AM
The timing was right for Anna. Anna was young and a new face at the right time.
Anna is also exceptionally, stunningly pretty.

I think Anna also know how to behave herself, how to attract attention, how to promote and market herself. She must be an intelligent and sincere person.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:44 AM
I never met her. I don't know how smart or sincere she is. I know she can handle the media spotlight.
Otherwise, she wouldn't love public appearances, and presenting awards.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:53 AM
Otherwise, she wouldn't love public appearances, and presenting awards.
Has Anna had more public appearances and presentation of awards this year than she did last year?

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:55 AM
She did award shows in Monte Carlo, New York, and Germany.
She was in Taipei, and India, just for sponsors. And the US Open tv job. Plus the exhibitions.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Anna was in Girls on Tour. She's good friends with Babsi. That was clear.
And they interviewed the oldest Maleeva. And showed her kids.
It was great stuff. I hope Maria's show is good.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 07:23 PM
I'm watching Maria's No Strings episode. The Tennis Channel is good.
No mention of using a computer or going online in the first segment.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 10:37 PM
I finished watching No Strings with Maria. No mention of computers, or the internet. I'm glad she doesn't read this.
She likes text messaging. And candles, and aromatherapy. And stamps.

~SunFlower~
Dec 10th, 2003, 11:07 PM
So, which one do you like better No strings with Maria (is it an interview most of the time?) or Maria on Kilborm show?

I am hoping to have TTC coming to Canada. :mad:

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Maria said she is 15 on this show, so it must be around Sea Island.
Yuri spoke quite a bit. They showed Maria talking to her mom. But she didn't talk.
This was good. Maria took the cameraman into her room. She paints.
They showed her working out. Running up hills. Doing yoga. She works hard.
On Kilborn, she looked more mature. Older.

~SunFlower~
Dec 10th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Maria escorted the cameraman to her room. :eek: So you know what her mom looks like... I have yet to see her....hmmm... It's about time that at least one fan like you know what she looks like. She is always away from the media. She must be so different from Alla. :)

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 11:28 PM
With Anna, daddy is camera shy. Max talked. He said Maria should embrace the Anna comparisons. In fact, the second segment was about Anna.
Maria's room has candles. And her own paintings on the wall.
You and cat will enjoy this show.

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Maria's mom is pretty. You won't be disappointed.
She has books filled with stamps from around the world.
Wait to you see her running up the hill. Like Jerry Rice.

~SunFlower~
Dec 10th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Thanks so much for giving me hints about this show...I want to see it! :mad: Running like Jerry Rice? :eek: You must be kidding. :p

goldenlox
Dec 10th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Maria has a strength and conditioning coach. After her in gym workout, she runs up a hill. So she has stamina in the third set.
Her room looks small to me. That will change.
She has a yoga instructor, also.
Nick and Lansdorp were both in it a lot.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 12:13 AM
I'm thinking about it, and that was Nick's Academy in Bradenton. That's why her room was so small.
I should have known because Anna's name was on the tennis court.
And I think she had a laptop on the bed. So Maria's probably reading Russian Roulette.
I'm just trying to help, Maria. Max needs my input.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 01:06 AM
And I think she had a laptop on the bed. So Maria's probably reading Russian Roulette.
I'm just trying to help, Maria. Max needs my input.
Thank you very much for telling us about the No Strings with Maria.

Masha is a student at an on-line school, so of course she uses laptop while on tour.

In his article, the cat writes that Max does read 'Maria Sharapova Cheering Club'.

I wrote to Masha once and I told her about 'Maria Sharapova Cheering Club'. But I think it's OK if Masha ever gets to read our discussions about her in the Bovina's forum.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 01:09 AM
It doesn't seem like Maria has much free time. I doubt she's reading too many message boards.
We know Anna loves the message boards.
I love the message boards.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 01:41 AM
Anyone who watches this will be impressed with Maria's workouts.
I think she might be doing too much. Don't lose your love of the game.
If Maria doesn't wake up everday happy to be working out, then I think she should tone it down. 16 means no rush. Enjoy the training, don't make it a punishment.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:17 AM
Anyone who watches this will be impressed with Maria's workouts.
I think Masha's workouts have helped her to develop greatly.

Just like what Lindsay Davenport said: “Already she seems more athletic than I was at 16 with a better serve.”

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:21 AM
She's an excellent athlete. There's no question about it.
The key is that she plays tennis. If Maria played volleyball, soccer, or basketball, she wouldn't be making any money.
Tennis is the place for an athletic girl.
And Maria's work ethic is tremendous. Very impressive.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Anna was in Girls on Tour. She's good friends with Babsi.
Who is Babsi?

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:34 AM
And they interviewed the oldest Maleeva. And showed her kids.
Does she live in Switzerland?

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:34 AM
There's a strange dynamic when the child makes all the money.
One day Masha will be running up a hill and realize that she can put her parents on a budget.
Whatever Maria wants to pay her folks, it's more than they can earn.
Maria holds all the cards in that family. And it's Maria's talent and hard work that earn the money.
She should be selfish about her money.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Babsi is another tennis player. From Austria.
I don't know what country she lives in. I don't look at location in these shows.
That's why I didn't realize where Masha was. I wasn't watching the scenery.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:40 AM
And Maria talked about her Russian mentality. How it gave her the strength to work hard.
That was good. A new generation of Russian players who are driven to be successful no matter what.
I like Maria more and more.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:43 AM
Maria holds all the cards in that family. And it's Maria's talent and hard work that earn the money.
Masha might not want "to hold all the cards in that family".

And without her parents', especially father's, initial help and sacrifice, Masha wouldn't be where she is today no matter how talented she is and how hard she's worked.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:46 AM
Just like Anna, who sent her mom back to Russia, Maria will learn that she has the financial power in that family. She can cut her parents off totally.
Kids in Hollywood do that. All Masha needs is to call a lawyer.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:50 AM
I like Maria more and more.
I like Masha.

But I just hope I would remain to like her after meeting her in person in Hong Kong in January.

I think it shouldn't be a problem as the cat and Sharky still like Masha after seeing her in person.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:51 AM
My parents always tell me about how hard they work. How important each dollar is.
If I was earning the money, I would never hear this lecture.
And this time of year, I hear it every day.
If I was Maria, I'd go shopping tomorrow. Buy something for myself.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:53 AM
I would like to meet Elena D.
To congratulate her on returning to the top 10. And winning her first three tournaments.
I would congratulate Masha also.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:57 AM
My parents always tell me about how hard they work.
Don't you work part time also?

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 03:59 AM
No. Just school.
Both my parents work. I clean and take care of the house. With my sister.
I cook too. I just don't eat much.
The house is an investment. It always needs cleaning somewhere. I do bathrooms. And vacuum.
And gardening.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:00 AM
I would like to meet Elena D.
I would like to meet Anna.

The only reason I didn't go to meet her in Pattaya is because I want to meet Masha first.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:03 AM
I don't want to annoy them. I really would prefer to congratulate them on the internet. And leave them alone.
I admire the talent and work ethic they have.
I'm glad they become wealthy.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:05 AM
I went to University in Australia before. Most of Australian school and university students work part time. That’s why I’ve asked you about working.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:08 AM
I could probably work on weekends. On work days, my dad wants a home cooked meal when he gets home.
I'm good at that.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:09 AM
I’m different. If I like Masha’s personality, I’m interested in getting to know her.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:10 AM
I don't mind work. I enjoy everything I do.
Some is more enjoyable than others. I like getting up early.

I feel the athletes don't want to meet their fans. There's too many of them.
I like being in the background.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:14 AM
I could probably work on weekends. On work days, my dad wants a home cooked meal when he gets home.
This shows that your family is very close which is good.

The Australian students have to work because their parents wouldn't support them financially fully.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:15 AM
I would never walk up to one of the players and introduce myself.
I wouldn't be comfortable. They're celebrities.
I might to a high school athlete. If they're all by themselves.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:17 AM
I agree with that. Kids shouldn't get a free ride like the Hilton sisters.
Earn your way. I plan on working my whole adult life.
But if I came into money, I would look at my options.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:21 AM
But a situation where the kid's talent creates all the money is different.
The parents should still have to work.
You watch, Masha will budget her parents. She's a mature 16 year old.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:23 AM
I feel the athletes don't want to meet their fans. There's too many of them.
Yes, there are too many of fans.

But it's up to Masha whether she wants to talk with me or not.

Like what they say: "Love is only special when you give it to someone who is worth it".

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:26 AM
I don't do that. Let me congatulate Masha on the internet.
Her talent and effort is admirable. I'm going to think about her running up a hill when I get tired.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Isn't it already time for you to go to bed?

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Let me give Maria some advice. You earned every penny. Just you.
You decide how to spend it. Or if you want to spend it.
There are many adults with their hands in your pocket. It's your money.
Pay taxes. Keep the rest for yourself.

Yes. Goodnight. I'll be up before 6. It's 12:30 now.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:34 AM
I think Masha should and would let her parents handle her finances.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Oh, you get up so early.

It's 12.30pm here - lunch time.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 11th, 2003, 05:32 AM
I’ve asked you whether the older Maleeva lives in Switzerland, because she is married to a man from that country.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Maria will have to take control of her money at some point. The sooner she treats this as a serious issue, the better.
But if Maria does go on to earn tens of millions, giving away a few million through naivete won't matter.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 12th, 2003, 12:33 AM
She has books filled with stamps from around the world.
Can you please tell me more about Masha's books (albums) with stamps from different countries. Did she say anything about those stamp books?

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 12:37 AM
She said she has stamps from around the world. And old stamps she was given by family members.
It's a strange hobby. Something I've never thought about. But Maria seems very into it.
She has several big books filled with stamps.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 12:52 AM
The most impressive part of that show was Maria's positive attitude.
Whether she was lifting weights, or running up the steep hill, or doing flexibility training, Maria was always happy and upbeat. I know a camera was on her. It was still impressive.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 12th, 2003, 12:56 AM
Thanks a lot.

I've asked you that question because I'm a stamp collector myself.

I wanted to send stamps to Masha, but now I'll give them to her in Hong Kong.

Apart from used stamps, I also like to buy new sheets of stamps from different countries - they're so beautiful.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:00 AM
Her hobbies are stamps, painting, and aromatherapy. Very eclectic.
She lives an unusual life. As long as she enjoys it, that's what matters.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:03 AM
Do you know if Maria went to Boca Raton after Baltimore?
There's no place I can find this information.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:06 AM
Maria's room has candles.
Can you please also tell me a bit more about her candles?

Does she have candleholders for her candles?

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:11 AM
Do you know if Maria went to Boca Raton after Baltimore?
Of course I don't know, I'm so faraway.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:11 AM
It was her room at Nick's Academy. She had candles in candleholders on a dresser top. And a book about aromatherapy.
It looks like a fire hazard to me. I use lightbulbs.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Maria should do some Hollywood stuff now. In December. I saw Sue Bird on ESPN2 saying that she's turned down movie rolls. She plays basketball.
Maria should do some acting. Like Anna in the Jim Carrey movie. Just to see if she likes it.
It's extra motivation to win in 2004.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:29 AM
And a book about aromatherapy.
Thanks again.

Did Masha say anything about the aromatherapy?

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:30 AM
One thing I noticed in that show is that Lansdorp hits balls to Maria. I didn't see her play a practice match. It's Lansdorp, Yuri, on the bench, and Maria.
I wanted to see if she practices with another WTA player, or maybe a college guy.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:32 AM
I don't remember. They repeat it tomorrow. I'll take another look.
The segment in her room was quick. I'll know this time tomorrow.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:51 AM
I've seen three biographies about Anna. ESPN, E! True Hollywood Story, and VH-1 Driven. But Anna doesn't give them interviews.
There was also a making of the 2003 calendar on ESPN. Anna's parents were in that. But Anna didn't say much.

So that show about Maria was a rare thing. She co-operated totally. Like I said, a camera in her room.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 12th, 2003, 02:03 AM
I don't remember. They repeat it tomorrow. I'll take another look.
The segment in her room was quick. I'll know this time tomorrow.
Thanks a lot in advance.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 02:13 AM
In the Girls On Tour show, they were at the 2001 KC. They showed Lina's parents and brother. But nothing off court.
It's so rare when you see players training hard. I'd like to watch Meghann's weight training. She changed her whole body type.

goldenlox
Dec 12th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Maria didn't say much about aromatherapy. But the book she had was: Aromatherapy A-Z
The oldest Maleeva and her family do live in Switzerland. Girls On Tour was on again today. And the middle sister has kids also. They both aren't pushing their kids into tennis.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 13th, 2003, 01:11 AM
Thank you very much again.

I thought there are only 2 Maleeva sisters, so I did wonder a bit when you wrote "the oldest Maleeva sister" the other day.

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2003, 01:15 AM
There are three sisters. And that show said they were all ranked in the top 5 at some point. Their mom wrote a book.
They showed Maggie Maleeva crying after losing to Capriati at the YEC in Germany, 2001.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 13th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Obviously they were, and one remain, the only good tennis players from Bulgaria.

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Yep. They haven't been any besides the one family. That should make them stars in Bulgaria.
In the U.S. and Russia, there are so many great female athletes that it's hard to stand out.
That's why tennis is such a great sport for women. It pays.
If Masha grew up in Miami, she might be a high school volleyball player now.
And she would be broke and unknown. One of Anna's legacies is that Russian girls who can play a little tennis are able to get a free room and free meals at a U.S. tennis academy.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 13th, 2003, 05:25 AM
If Masha grew up in Miami, she might be a high school volleyball player now. And she would be broke and unknown.
But that still would be better for Masha than if she remained living in Sochi.

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2003, 03:53 PM
I'm not saying Maria should cut her parents off financially.
But, Maria will be treated as a child, until she knows how much money she makes. And where it's going.
As long as she's happy that the adults give her spending money, Maria is a baby.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 12:51 AM
I have a question. Do you think Dokic and Hantuchova have made a lot of extra money in endorsements because they look good?
I know about Anna, but does anyone else make extra money? I guess Nike paid Harkleroad more than if she was ugly, but it can't be that much more.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 01:09 AM
Do you think Dokic and Hantuchova have made a lot of extra money in endorsements because they look good?
I don't know anything about their endorsement money.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 01:18 AM
I don't either. But the more I think about it, I don't see how Hantuchova, Dokic, Harkleroad, and the other "pretty" girls are making more in off court earnings than Mauresmo, Rubin, or the other players who aren't hyped.
I don't see them in ads or anything. The more I think about this "new Anna" stuff, the less value I see in it.

I think it might have hurt Hantuchova's and Harkleroad's careers, without benefiting them at all.
I still think Sveta will do better than someone who's overhyped, in the long run.
That's if Sveta is as good a player.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 01:47 AM
After seeing the No Strings show, I'm pretty sure the hype won't be a major negative for Maria. She works hard. She knows she's good.
Maria has an arrogance that players need. She has size, power, youth.
The question is how good can she get. And can she stay healthy. She mentioned backpains while doing a drill in the gym. And that was at 15.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 01:55 AM
After seeing the No Strings show, I'm pretty sure the hype won't be a major negative for Maria. She works hard. She knows she's good.
It's nice to hear that.

I do believe in Masha.

But I also agree with you on your viewpoint: "The question is how good can she get."

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:00 AM
She already has done a lot. In April she's at a 25k.
Then she beats Dementieva, Dokic, and Petrova in consecutive tournaments.
That's a quick, and big, move forward. And she had just turned 16.
Since the show was right before the breakthrough, I can imagine how happy everyone was.
Everyone was waiting for it. It came quickly.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Birmingham really was a breakthrough for Masha. Before that she lost at the First Round 5 consecutive times - at the Australian Open (qualified), Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston (qualified) and French Open (qualified). It was quite amazing that she remained confident after all those loss.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:33 AM
That's the advantage of having a whole team around you.
Maria has an agent, a trainer, a yoga instructor. And Nick and Robert.
That's why it's a huge advantage to be good when you're a child.
People around her encourage her all the time. Lots of young players just have their parents. Who don't know tennis.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:34 AM
Then she beats Dementieva, Dokic, and Petrova in consecutive tournaments.
And that was the first time Masha played them.

I like what you've asked once before: How about when she plays those players the 2nd time?

Dementieva beat Masha when they played the 2nd time. Also when Masha played Kim again, she did worse than the 1st time.

Let's wait and see what will happen when Masha plays Dokic and Petrova again.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:37 AM
I wonder if she has held that form. Maria might have been in a zone in the summer.
It's hard to say. A 14 year old, Kutuzova, beat Lina and Alex in L.A. Then she started losing to players outside the top 200.
We'll know more next summer.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:38 AM
That's the advantage of having a whole team around you.
Maria has an agent, a trainer, a yoga instructor. And Nick and Robert.
Lots of young players just have their parents. Who don't know tennis.
And I think Masha's father does play an important role in her breakthrough.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:41 AM
All the young kids have parents who want them to get rich from tennis.
You have to show something to be an IMG priority. Then IMG gives you a team of trained professionals in their fields.
Maria needs a coach for her tv interviews. She a coach for everything else.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:49 AM
And also the main reason behind Masha’s success so far is her coming to train at Nick's Academy in Bradenton. But there are many other Russian players, who are also or even more successful than Masha, without having to be trained in America.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:54 AM
You don't need Nick or Robert to be successful. But for a young player, who is growing, and not consistent, having a team of experts could mean a lot.
Still, a good few tournaments doesn't assure continued improvement.
Maria is going to have new distractions each year. 2004 is her first whole year with fame and money. It's different. But she's driven to succeed.
She trains hard.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:00 AM
I was so impressed with that No Strings show that I almost put Sharapova in my sig. But not yet.
It's those Anna insults. I know Maria is young and outspoken.
But Anna didn't do anything bad to Masha. In fact, Anna is the reason she has all those people helping her.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:03 AM
2004 is her first whole year with fame and money. It's different. But she's driven to succeed. She trains hard.
Hopefully Masha will continue to do well in 2004.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:07 AM
It's a new year. I didn't think JHH would be # 1 for 2003 last December.
But the important thing is that Maria is famous enough that even if she gets injured, she can still model.
So Maria has already won. She beat the financial game of life this summer in England.
Everything from now on is the icing on the cake. She already can pay the bills.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:13 AM
I was so impressed with that No Strings show that I almost put Sharapova in my sig. But not yet.
It's those Anna insults.
Last week at one point I also wanted to put Anna in my signature along with all the players I like in the following order: Masha, Steffi, Venus, Anna, Serena.

But I already told Masha about my Username, so I don't want to do that because Masha doesn't like the Anna comparisons.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:17 AM
I was in your sig for a second.
There's really no comparison.
Maria is much taller. Hits harder. Anna is good near the net. She's not good at approaching. And serving.
They are totally different.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:19 AM
So Maria has already won. She beat the financial game of life this summer in England.
But apart from the financial gain, I also hope Masha can become a very good player because that is her dream.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:24 AM
Maria is much taller. Hits harder. Anna's not good at approaching. And serving.
Hopeful Masha's strong weapons will eventually make her a good player.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:25 AM
Every kid in the challengers and juniors wants to be a great player. But few leave tennis with any money.
That jump from 150 to 32 is huge. Going from 500 to 150 means nothing financially.
You have to get to the level where you can earn hundreds of thousands per year.
Maria did it. And it was sudden. And it got media coverage.
She will never know how big that was. Imagine if Maria hurt her back right before Birmingham. Like Anna did.
All that money, gone.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:27 AM
I was in your sig for a second.
No, you were in my signature for the whole weekend.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:29 AM
I think Maria's ultimate ranking will come down to court coverage.
You have to keep the points going. Make your opponent hit extra shots.
I have only seen Maria in the second set against Dokic. I thought Dokic was off her best form. Erratic.
Still, round of 16 at Wimbledon is great.
I have the tennis channel. It won't help me see Maria until March. Then I'll have a better idea.

I thought you went nuts when I was in there. LOL.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:35 AM
That jump from 150 to 32 is huge.
But Petrova's ranking jump from 111 to 12 is even greater and so significant.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:38 AM
I thought you went nuts when I was in there. LOL.
It was fun for me actually.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Nadia has had injuries. She buried Hingis in Moscow last year. Nadia was supposed to play Anna in the second round. But Anna got injured in her first round doubles match.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:41 AM
Nadia has had injuries.
Do you think without injuries Nadia would already be in the Top 10?

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:41 AM
That was fun for me too. Being in your sig.

I didn't see Anna play until Wimbledon 2000. People who saw her at 16 thought she would be great. I didn't see Hingis until she wasn't winning majors anymore.
I don't know how to judge a precocious 16 year old.
I just know it's better to be # 32 than # 132.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:43 AM
I don't know if Nadia is as good as Nastya and Lena and Elena.
I don't know about Masha either. Time will tell. But around the top 10 is a good place to be.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:48 AM
What's different about Maria is how she has kept growing.
I wonder if she has another growth spurt left. She has long arms and big hands. And still 16.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:53 AM
I don't know if Nadia is as good as Nastya and Lena and Elena.
You mean if both of them didn't have injuries, Bovina would have ranked higher then Petrova?

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:56 AM
I like Lena's game a lot. I think she is top 5 in groundstrokes. I want Lena to play Masha again.
When Lena plays well, I think she can compete at a high level. I don't think Nadya can reach that level.
But Lena's not consistent. And wasn't healthy most of this year.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 03:59 AM
I have only seen Maria in the second set against Dokic.
I'm a very big fan of Masha although I haven't seen her playing even a single set yet.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:01 AM
I first saw Masha when she was insulting Anna on HBO.
I didn't know what kind of game she had. I thought if she's good, why do modeling when she's 14,15?
But I understand it.
I like her work ethic. That show changed my opinion of her.
I still want Maria to apologize to Anna. And she should.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:02 AM
But Lena's not consistent. And wasn't healthy most of this year.
Is she a 100% healthy now and ready for the 2004 season?

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:04 AM
Lena wasn't healthy for Fed Cup. She's playing Gold Coast.
So we'll find out soon enough.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Lena, Nastya, Elena, Nadya, and Vera are not far apart. They could all be top 12 a year from now. Can Masha be there too?
That's what we are going to find out.
Can Sveta and Lina and Dinara get there?
The more, the merrier.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:16 AM
Lena, Nastya, Elena, Nadya, and Vera are not far apart. They could all be top 12 a year from now.
As far as their rankings go, Vera hasn't made as big a jump as Nadia has.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:17 AM
It's already time for you to go to bed.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:19 AM
Vera made her big ranking jump in 2002. She's 19. She doesn't have a big weapon. Vera is a baseliner. She's built solid, like Kim.
I think Vera will hang around the top 15 for a decade. And retire a multi-millionaire.
All the girls who get near the top 10 should become multi-millionaires. That's whats great about women's tennis.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:20 AM
I'm close to going to bed. I have a few more opinions to type out.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:23 AM
All these girls started out broke. That we are discussing them as top 20 in the world means they are huge successes. HUGE.
And they deserve all the money and other perks that they get.
The lesser players will have to get jobs. Not as pro players.

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:25 AM
If you can model also, it's much easier than being a great player.
Maria should consider modeling. She should be doing it now.
That's why I want to find out if she went to Boca.
She should go model now. In the off season. Let her body heal from all the hard training.

G'nite.