PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Justine & Nastya's post-match interviews?

saki
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:05 PM
I'm particularly curious as to Nastya's. I quite like her game, but I was quite shocked at the Russian "Justine's such an actress but I can see through her" interview she gave. If nothing else, it shows a shocking lack of diplomacy for a top-10 player - she needs to learn to be more subtly bitchy! ;)

nygirl
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:49 PM
I'm particularly curious as to Nastya's. I quite like her game, but I was quite shocked at the Russian "Justine's such an actress but I can see through her" interview she gave. If nothing else, it shows a shocking lack of diplomacy for a top-10 player - she needs to learn to be more subtly bitchy! ;)

I read a few quotes here and there.

Juju: "In the crucial moments played my best tennis, I like this kind of situation even though it's a situation I don't want to find myself in too often."

You better not Juju, cause you'll give me a heartattack.

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:01 PM
it's good someone is prepared to speak their mind, rather than be constantly diplomatic. i think the translation probably was a little misleading, and made her sound more bitchy, but i still think she has the right to speak her mind.

slice
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:02 PM
:worship: @ switz

Tratree
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:04 PM
I'll pick them up today and post them here tonight or tomorrow morning.

-Sonic-
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:27 PM
oh wow... i've not read the "actress/see through her" one... where was this? :)

Lady
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:10 PM
That was a fake interview, really Not fake translation but fake interview

saki
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:20 PM
I'm not disputing that Nastya has a right to speak her mind, she can say anything she likes, of course. Just that it will only lead to her being disliked by other players and hounded by the media, so it's not very sensible in the long term.

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:52 PM
That was a fake interview, really Not fake translation but fake interview

Then you should talk to ys, because in the thread he posted it, we were supposed to ask you -- a Russian-speaking Justine fan -- to vouch for its authenticity. So I'm kind of interested in what you've said. :)

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:58 PM
That all occurred at http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=92776&page=1&pp=40 if you'd like to look.

TennisHack
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Just that it will only lead to her being disliked by other players and hounded by the media, so it's not very sensible in the long term.

Someone should tell that to Justine.

saki
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Actually, I don't think that's fair, TennisHack. The only comments that she (as opposed to Carlos Rodriguez) has made are the ones accusing Lindsay of faking injury and she's since said that she regrets that (see recent interview posted here). She's said that she and Kim were never close friends but has never said anything that indicates lack of respect for her.

Kim, OTOH, has outright lied about Justine taking injury timeouts in matches against her (the whole "she always does this" comment when in fact she hadn't ever done that in a match against Kim) and in a jealous fit at losing a match on hardcourt to her said that she'd faked the cramps. I don't think anyone can seriously argue that it's gamesmanship to take a timeout at the end of a set and Kim has never fully apologised for this, so I'm not entirely sure why Kim gets the reputation for being so lovely and Justine gets the cheater reputation. Perhaps it just comes down to the fact that Justine has been better than Kim recently.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Actually, I don't think that's fair, TennisHack. The only comments that she (as opposed to Carlos Rodriguez) has made are the ones accusing Lindsay of faking injury and she's since said that she regrets that (see recent interview posted here). She's said that she and Kim were never close friends but has never said anything that indicates lack of respect for her.

Kim, OTOH, has outright lied about Justine taking injury timeouts in matches against her (the whole "she always does this" comment when in fact she hadn't ever done that in a match against Kim) and in a jealous fit at losing a match on hardcourt to her said that she'd faked the cramps. I don't think anyone can seriously argue that it's gamesmanship to take a timeout at the end of a set and Kim has never fully apologised for this, so I'm not entirely sure why Kim gets the reputation for being so lovely and Justine gets the cheater reputation. Perhaps it just comes down to the fact that Justine has been better than Kim recently.
Very nicely said :)

Lady
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:16 PM

Great post!!!
It's a selective reading!! People see just what they wanna to see ;)

Lady
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Then you should talk to ys, because in the thread he posted it, we were supposed to ask you -- a Russian-speaking Justine fan -- to vouch for its authenticity. So I'm kind of interested in what you've said. :)

Actually I responded there ;) Explained that the article was written in the very poor way, and Nastya usually doesn't talk like that

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:19 PM
so I'm not entirely sure why Kim gets the reputation for being so lovely and Justine gets the cheater reputation.

;)

her "cheater" accusations aren't from Kim though. Serena didn't say Justine is a "cheat". it's Serena who called her a liar and a fabricator. so diss Serena please, not Kim. thx.

:rolleyes:

Lady the interview was real. Nastya doesn't like Henin, i don't know what Justine has done to her, but it seems that way.

for some reason the players don't seem to like Justine in general. but she sure as hell doesn't care, and to be honest, i don't either.

MarcusRock
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:21 PM
...and Nastya usually doesn't talk like thatThe hell she does. At the USO, didn't she say "F You" to Antonella Serra-Zanetti?

Josh
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:22 PM
If Justine and Nastya aren't 'friendly' towards eachother than they sure put up some great acting at the end of their match. Usually when you don't like someone you just give them a stare and a cold handshake, certainly not two kisses and some words.

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Oooh, Marcus. Antonella Serra-Zanetti just called you a rampaging elephant whore, and I think she muttered something with the phrases "La tua madre" and "fa schifo!" Damn, are you gonna take that??

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:26 PM
If Justine and Nastya aren't 'friendly' towards eachother than they sure put up some great acting at the end of their match. Usually when you don't like someone you just give them a stare and a cold handshake, certainly not two kisses and some words.

Nastya had laced her lips with poison. It was a murder-suicide attempt. The press release will soon be out. :sad:

Lady
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:29 PM
The hell she does. At the USO, didn't she say "F You" to Antonella Serra-Zanetti?

I didn't mean that she cannot say bad things!! What I meant that they made Nastya look stupid in this article, ys didn't translate all of it!!!
The was a part about Mandy Moore & haircut, and Nastya doesn't talk so stupid usually :p

Lady
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:30 PM

That did the same after Leipzig!! And Justine doesn't do kisses over the net with everyone ;) :kiss: I guess they're pretty friendly

tennnisfannn
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:57 PM
And all this time I thought I was the only one who saw this! Kim and her camp have done Justine alot of harm reputation wise.

nygirl
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:23 PM
And all this time I thought I was the only one who saw this! Kim and her camp have done Justine alot of harm reputation wise.

Absolutely agree with this post. Who started all this controversy about the timeouts? Uh huh... Miss Saint :angel: :rolleyes:

I don't agree with SJW when she says you have to blame Serena. Serena is absolutely not responsible for that. She said some pretty rude things but they're peanuts compared to what Kim's clan has said about Justine.

Before Saint Kim opened her big mouth Justine really wasn't criticised this much (except by the Willifans). Kim is the sole one responsible for Juju not even being able to take a timeout without suspicion and accusations flying rampant. Can't blame Juju for coming clean about their so-called 'friendship'.

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:26 PM
This all was established after their California match, yes.

Justine does something untoward, and she gets clobbered.
Kim flat-out lies, and Justine gets clobbered.

It's annoying, but Justine seems to be content regardless, and that's all I want. :)

JustineTime
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Justine has never pandered to the press, nor indeed has she ever done much more than tolerate(barely :rolleyes: ) their inane, idiotic queries. She doesn't give a rodent's rectum what everyone thinks of her, nor is she losing sleep over Kim's classless sore loserism!

I say "Bravo Justine!"

[But I wish you hadn't said that about Lindsay, and, arrogant beotch or not, ya shoulda given Serena the let! ;) :o ]

:angel:

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Absolutely agree with this post. Who started all this controversy about the timeouts? Uh huh... Miss Saint :angel: :rolleyes:

I don't agree with SJW when she says you have to blame Serena. Serena is absolutely not responsible for that. She said some pretty rude things but they're peanuts compared to what Kim's clan has said about Justine.

Before Saint Kim opened her big mouth Justine really wasn't criticised this much (except by the Willifans). Kim is the sole one responsible for Juju not even being able to take a timeout without suspicion and accusations flying rampant. Can't blame Juju for coming clean about their so-called 'friendship'.

LOL i was joking :) Serena is perfect :hearts::p

but i started watching Justine's behaviour more closely when she accused Linzi of faking, so i don't know what the biggest incident was. i think everyone started taking note after Roland Garros though.........

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Definitely the "hand" was poor form. Definitely!

As I've been saying for months, Justine should own up to it. And then she should step aside and let the 1000 other WTA Tour players who have exhibited bad behavior apologize for their misgivings as well.

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:46 PM
[But I wish you hadn't said that about Lindsay, and, arrogant beotch or not, ya shoulda given Serena the let! ;) :o ]

:angel:

you're good

for a moment there, i thought you were calling SERENA the arrogant beotch :lol:

JustineTime
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:50 PM
you're good

for a moment there, i thought you were calling SERENA the arrogant beotch :lol:

:rolleyes: :p

:wavey:

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:52 PM
:rolleyes: :p

:wavey:

TennisHack
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:53 PM

Yeah yeah yeah, same old story. You missed my point. The part of your post I quoted:

Just that it will only lead to her being disliked by other players and hounded by the media, so it's not very sensible in the long term.

was in relation to speaking her mind. So it's okay for Justine to speak her mind, but not for other players? That's why so many people don't like Justine right now. Girl is not afraid to say what she thinks. She also has some major issues IMO.

What's that saying? You have to be a bitch to be on top? Well, Justine certainly came into her own this year, didn't she :)

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, same old story. You missed my point. The part of your post I quoted:

was in relation to speaking her mind. So it's okay for Justine to speak her mind, but not for other players? That's why so many people don't like Justine right now. Girl is not afraid to say what she thinks. She also has some major issues IMO.

What's that saying? You have to be a bitch to be on top? Well, Justine certainly came into her own this year, didn't she :)

nice points.

i'm forever hearing "at least Justine is honest in her opinions"...but when Kim gives hers about Justine, which happens to be a negative one, it's Kim's fake nice etc.

Kim has been pissed off by Justine. the list of players she has upset just keeps growing.

TennisHack
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Kim is the sole one responsible for Juju not even being able to take a timeout without suspicion and accusations flying rampant. Can't blame Juju for coming clean about their so-called 'friendship'.

Personally, I find it interesting that not until Kim said something did people sit up and take notice. Wasn't Serena's tirade after RG enough? What does it say about the perception of Kim? It's neither good nor bad IMO, just interesting.

Kim isn't any more responsible for her "Clan" than Justine is for her loud-mouthed coach. As far as I know, Kim has apologized for her words after San Diego, and she is trying her hardest not to get sucked into talking about all this shit. Good for her. Good for Justine.

It's not going to change my opinion of Justine, nor is it going to make me feel sorry for her because she has an inferiorty complex. How about we just agree to disagree, eh?

JustineTime
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:01 PM
nice points.

i'm forever hearing "at least Justine is honest in her opinions"...but when Kim gives hers about Justine, which happens to be a negative one, it's Kim's fake nice etc.

Kim has been pissed off by Justine. the list of players she has upset just keeps growing.

Yeah, it IS upsetting when you're constantly getting your butt kicked, idn't it? :lol:

Maybe that's why Justine was so "upset" at Serena at RG...:confused:

:) :kiss:

Oh, and uhhh, :wavey:

Now keep your mouse off that rolleyes icon! :mad: :mad:

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:01 PM
but when Kim gives hers about Justine, which happens to be a negative one

You misspelled "lie."

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:04 PM
It's fine if you don't like Justine. I don't care and I'm sure she doesn't care about what either you or I think.

But when people use a complete untruth from Kim to back up their feelings, that's when hypocrisy is exposed, and that's when I turn them off. :)

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:04 PM
re people sitting up and taking notice when it was Kim: ummmmm could it be because

1) the Serena match was an ugly match. people started to question Justine's etiquette
2) Kim has never had a problem with anybody on tour and is a sweetheart about everybody. when Kim says something like that, you know something is up
3) the incident was directly after Serena's. Justine got even more stick, and Justine's fans blamed Kim, because a lot of Justine fans don't like Kim, and the attention she receives.

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Yeah, it IS upsetting when you're constantly getting your butt kicked, idn't it? :lol:

Maybe that's why Justine was so "upset" at Serena at RG...:confused:

:) :kiss:

Oh, and uhhh, :wavey:

Now keep your mouse off that rolleyes icon! :mad: :mad:

i wouldn't know, i never lose

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:07 PM
You misspelled "lie."

i never meant to say lie

TennisHack
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:08 PM
It's fine if you don't like Justine. I don't care and I'm sure she doesn't care about what either you or I think.

But when people use a complete untruth from Kim to back up their feelings, that's when hypocrisy is exposed, and that's when I turn them off. :)

Where did I ever try to back up my feelings with what Kim says?

I wasn't aware she was the Eurosport copywriter.

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:09 PM
re people sitting up and taking notice when it was Kim: ummmmm could it be because

1) the Serena match was an ugly match. people started to question Justine's etiquette

Agreed, because you saw it, and it was written about, and because a very popular player came out on the short end of that stick. Things like that happen in most every match and we just aren't told about it, but still a fair point. The media coverage of that relatively commonplace event damaged her reputation, yes.

2) Kim has never had a problem with anybody on tour and is a sweetheart about everybody. when Kim says something like that, you know something is up

You mean when Kim lies about Justine taking an injury timeout in "every match [they've] played." Yes, one would suspect something is up if someone boldly lies like that, and people believe it because they don't look at the previous matches to see that it's completely untrue.

3) the incident was directly after Serena's. Justine got even more stick, and Justine's fans blamed Kim, because a lot of Justine fans don't like Kim, and the attention she receives.

Kim is one of my favorite players. I don't appreciate when she says shit about Justine as much as I didn't appreciate when Justine said shit about Lindsay. As for attention...I think we know who's getting more attention these days, good or bad ;)

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:09 PM

LOL ohhhhhh Kim's comments have nothing to do with my opinion on Justine.

in fact, i "like" her more now than at any other point of her career

JustineTime
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:12 PM
i wouldn't know, i never lose

Your mind and virginity notwithstanding, huh? :)

Hurley
We were talking about that in this thread...that post wasn't solely directed at you, it was a continuation of the conversation.

When I want to talk to you personally, I'll send you a perfume-soaked love letter with the key to Room 16 :hearts: ;)

TennisHack
You mean when Kim lies about Justine taking an injury timeout in "every match [they've] played." Yes, one would suspect something is up if someone boldly lies like that, and people believe it because they don't look at the previous matches to see that it's completely untrue.

She apologized for her comment. Anyone who read it in the context of the interview would have realized it was a hyperbole. When somebody gets in your head like that, you tend to exaggerate.

Kim is one of my favorite players.

So that's why you're always up my ass about her. Could've fooled me.

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Agreed, because you saw it, and it was written about, and because a very popular player came out on the short end of that stick. Things like that happen in most every match and we just aren't told about it, but still a fair point. The media coverage of that relatively commonplace event damaged her reputation, yes

agreed. and to be honest, i don't like to cling to that match. but that's my theory. that match was the turning point, because the media made it so

a lot of fans don't bother to do research. so yes, i agree with that too (wow this is fun)

Kim is one of my favorite players. I don't appreciate when she says shit about Justine as much as I didn't appreciate when Justine said shit about Lindsay. As for attention...I think we know who's getting more attention these days, good or bad ;)

yup, these days, it's all about Justine. but do you or do you not agree, that even though Justine has supposedly ALWAYS been the "better player", Kim has had much more attention on her.

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Your mind and virginity notwithstanding, huh? :)

i would SERIOUSLY prefer you kept this a tennis discussion

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:18 PM
yup, these days, it's all about Justine. but do you or do you not agree, that even though Justine has supposedly ALWAYS been the "better player", Kim has had much more attention on her.

It seems like Kim has been favored in Belgium, yes, but really, in the States, where I am, neither one got much attention, so I really can't say. I do think, though, that Kim started playing high-quality tennis before Justine did (and at a younger age, no less), so if she's favored more in Belgium because of that, then she deserves it.

JustineTime
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:19 PM
i would SERIOUSLY prefer you kept this a tennis discussion

Geez, when did you get so testy? I was only playin'. :tape:

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:33 PM
It seems like Kim has been favored in Belgium, yes, but really, in the States, where I am, neither one got much attention, so I really can't say. I do think, though, that Kim started playing high-quality tennis before Justine did (and at a younger age, no less), so if she's favored more in Belgium because of that, then she deserves it.

high quality tennis?! Justine did bigger things much much earlier than Kim. win tier I, beat both Williamses, beat Jen, Monica et al....it is just that Justine couldnīt beat Kim. I think that if Justine would have held her nerves in ī01 at the French, she would have beaten Jen in the finals.

I find it funny....everytime Kim does something, Justine does it better. Kim couldnīt beat jen at a slam?! Justine does it at the next slams. Couldnīt beat Serena in a semi?! Justine does it and wins a slam first as well.

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Well, by high-quality I was referring to Top 20, not Grand Slam winning. Kim was pushing the top players in 1999, Justine was still over a year away from doing that.

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Well, by high-quality I was referring to Top 20, not Grand Slam winning. Kim was pushing the top players in 1999, Justine was still over a year away from doing that.

But she still seems stuck at that same level. Justine has reached and surpassed that level now.

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Yeah, but it's like Venus and Serena...everyone knew Venus first. So even though Serena has passed Venus in accomplishments, Venus is still probably the more well-known "name," you know?

Anyway, Kim will win a Grand Slam, she's too good not to.

nygirl
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:52 PM
Personally, I find it interesting that not until Kim said something did people sit up and take notice. Wasn't Serena's tirade after RG enough? What does it say about the perception of Kim? It's neither good nor bad IMO, just interesting.

Kim isn't any more responsible for her "Clan" than Justine is for her loud-mouthed coach. As far as I know, Kim has apologized for her words after San Diego, and she is trying her hardest not to get sucked into talking about all this shit. Good for her. Good for Justine.

It's not going to change my opinion of Justine, nor is it going to make me feel sorry for her because she has an inferiorty complex. How about we just agree to disagree, eh?

1. Serena's tirade imo was far less incriminating...Why?? Simple, the match at RG was a controversial one, an emotional one. The crowd, the calls on some shots and so on. The point Serena ranted about was one serve and was not the turning point of the match. With the Saint however, well she's the media's pet if you will. The girl that is always so good. Anything she says must be true coz she's just so nice.
People don't even bother to check the facts and realise that the Saint flat out lied there. If it was Justine making that remark I'd bet ya that she would've been 'exposed' as a liar in every single article written about it.

2. Kim is not responsible for her clan but she is responsible for her own mouth and what comes out of it. Check your facts, she didn't apologize, she blamed the media :rolleyes: Apparently she took lessons from her dad: 'when things you say backfire on you just blame the media for twisting your words' :rolleyes:

3. Justine hardly strikes me as someone with an inferiority complex. Quite the opposite. Someone with an inferiority complex shrinks away and dies when faced with tough opposition, Justine otoh thrives on that.
I see we don't agree on any of this so indeed let's just agree to disagree.

Frank Riley
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:55 PM
It is completely assaholic to even think that the poor behavior of the French fans had anything to do with Justine. I am an American and I think that is called home field advantage. Justine did what ever she could do to win, it is not her fault some French fans do not like Americans and they may not like African American people in general. The key to all this is that Justine did not start the poor behavior of the French, the French people acted bad, Justine just took advantage of what was going on around her. Serena was going to be beaten anyway. It is sad when fans act bad, but this same behavior happened at the 2002 US Open to Anna Kournikova when she played bad and the fans got up and walked a out after the first set, Anna was mentally crushed and had no way to come back after that. It is the fans poor behavior to blame, not the players. Anna can not help having a bad day and Justine can not help if French fans hate Serena. One last point at the Bank of the West Classic in California Venus was in the finals I was there and the stadium was packed with African Americans, I think Venus is cool as hell and I cheered for her, but I was in shock at how badly the African American fans behaved toward (white) Kim Clijsters. Very much many of the black fans there were racist beyond any limits and they had no fear in saying how the black girl was showing the white girl how to play tennis and maybe the white girl needs to go back and learn the game.

My message is this, do not blame the tennis players, blame the fans that have no idea what respect and good behavior is. Soon after this event Venus could no longer beat Kim or Justine and the great Serena started falling to Justine. The players do their jobs and play a hard game, it is the press and the fans that normally act badly. Frank Riley

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Yeah, but it's like Venus and Serena...everyone knew Venus first. So even though Serena has passed Venus in accomplishments, Venus is still probably the more well-known "name," you know?

Anyway, Kim will win a Grand Slam, she's too good not to.

Hmm, probably. Although the comparison isnīt really the same. The gap in achievements between Venus and Serena ainīt that big compared to Justine and Kim.

But youīre right Kim is too good to not win a slam.

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:58 PM
It is completely assaholic to even think that the poor behavior of the French fans had anything to do with Justine. I am an American and I think that is called home field advantage. Justine did what ever she could do to win, it is not her fault some French fans do not like Americans and they may not like African American people in general. The key to all this is that Justine did not start the poor behavior of the French, the French people acted bad, Justine just took advantage of what was going on around her. Serena was going to be beaten anyway. It is said when fans act bad, but this same behavior happened at the 2002 US Open to Anna Kournikova when she played bad and the fans got up and walked aout after the first set, Anna was mentally crushed and had no way to come back after that. It is the fans poor behavior to blame, not the players. Anna can not help having a bad day and Justine can not help if French fans hate Serena. One last point at the Bank of the West Classic in California Venus was in the finals I was there and the stadium was packed with African Americans, I think Venus is cool as hell and I cheered for her, but I was in shock at how badly the African American fans behaved toward (white) Kim Clijsters. Very much many of the black fans there were racist beyond any limits and they had no fear in saying how the black girl was showing the white girl how to play tennis and maybe the white girl needs to go back and learn the game.

My message is this do not blame the tennis players, blame the fans that have not idea what respect and good behavior is. Soon after this event Venus could no longer beat Kim or Justinem and the great Serena started falling to Justine. The players do their jobs and play a hard game, it is the press and the fans that normally act badly. Frank Riley

Now that is what they call: FULL OF CRAP! Venus has beaten Kim TWICE since that incident and Serena has beaten Justine.

Plus maybe it was pay-back to what happened with Kim and Serena at IW?! In the end it doesnīt matter.....Serena will be ready next time and no crowd is gonna save Justine.

SJW
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:22 PM
My message is this, do not blame the tennis players, blame the fans that have no idea what respect and good behavior is.

true

it wasn't just a "french crowd" however, there were many Belgians there.

Justine had no control over the french open crowd and i don't see where anyone said she did :confused:

saki
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:33 PM

Firstly, players can say whatever they like - but some things it is advisable to be more tactful about for the sake of a peaceful life was my point. So, I would never say what's ok and what isn't for a player to say - it's none of my business.

And secondly, my point in that reply was that Justine has only said the one (re: Lindsay) supremely tactless thing about another player, so I'm not quite sure why you're aiming all of this at her for the one comment which she has said that she regrets, rather than, say, Kim who's said worse and not apologised for it.

saki
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:40 PM
And to clarify, Kim has never apologised fully for what she said about Justine. She's blamed the media for "twisting her words" and said something like "I never said she was faking it just that it seemed odd that she was running around perfectly well afterwards" which quite clearly carries the implication of faking even if she didn't say it explicitly.

OTOH, Justine on the Lindsay incident in her most recent interview posted here says something like "I really regret saying what I said there."

Which one is truly apologising? It's hardly rocket science to see...

Rocketta
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:02 AM
ok, I don't want to get in the debate completely but for Justine fans to keep quoting Justine admiting she shouldn't have said what she did against Lindsay is funny. Justine is only saying that now because she is getting accused herself and it isn't fun and now she wants to seem not as harsh.

Well frankly isn't it a little hollow under those circumstances? Seems to me after she calmed down if she didn't see the error in what she said then she really meant it. She shouldn't back peddle now for sympathy. Which to me was her sole purpose of saying that but I don't know her personally, I could be wrong. ;)

pigam
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:12 AM
How surprising!
She apologises: she's a faker
She doesn't apologise: she's rude

She calls a trainer: she cheats
She doesn't call the trainer: she's 'acting'

She appears in training outfit: she has 'no class' and should take care of her looks
She 'dresses up': she shouldn't try to 'do fancy'. She can't even touch ... glamour-wise

She sais she's smaller then the other top10 players: she's 'manoeuvering' herself into the underdog
She sais she's just as strong as the rest: she's delirious

minboy
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:13 AM
How surprising!
She apologises: she's a faker
She doesn't apologise: she's rude

She calls a trainer: she cheats
She doesn't call the trainer: she's 'acting'

She appears in training outfit: she has 'no class' and should take care of her looks
She 'dresses up': she shouldn't try to 'do fancy'. She can't even touch ... glamour-wise

She sais she's smaller then the other top10 players: she's 'manoeuvering' herself into the underdog
She sais she's just as strong as the rest: she's delirious

:worship: :worship: :worship:

SJW
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:14 AM
yea, no fans have had it as bad as Justine fans

pigam
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:24 AM
trying to manoeuvre yourself in the underdog position ? :rolleyes:

saki
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Rocketta - yes, I think you're probably right that Justine realised after being accused herself how unpleasant it is. But, that's just normal, isn't it? Surely most people have been in a situation where they did something, had it done back to them and then realised how it felt? Sometimes it takes that to truly understand what you did/said to someone. It doesn't make her regret any the less genuine.

Oh, and allez Pigam!

And where are those interviews?!

SJW
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:26 AM
underdog?

i think you got the wrong word sweetie :kiss:

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:28 AM
All getting a bit stale, folks. Justine keeps fighting and mostly winning - that'll do me.

pigam
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:31 AM
What interviews :confused:

pigam
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:32 AM
underdog?

i think you got the wrong word sweetie :kiss:
ok, if you say so :wavey:

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:33 AM
lol

Spot the derailed thread.

saki
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:33 AM
What interviews :confused:

I started the thread to ask if anyone had Justine's and Nastya's post-match interviews but they've not appeared.

pigam
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:38 AM
I started the thread to ask if anyone had Justine's and Nastya's post-match interviews but they've not appeared.
oh, ok, nope :( Strange huh but they 'can't be found' :confused: Certainly not on the site of the YEC OMG is that the worst site ever or what ?? :o

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:52 AM
I don't get it switz. first Justine had cramps and so she shouldn't treat them? Are you a fucking moron? I'm sure that the next time you are doing something extremely physical and you get cramps, please don't treat them. Please don't treat them and still win a tennis match and then tell me that Justine shouldn't have done it.

And at the USOpen? She didn't even take a med time out there? Should she not massage her legs? Should she just continue to play through the pain and just not even try to assuage anything she's feeling. I feel sorry for your stupidity and ignorant behavior. I don't even want to attempt to understand what tennis playes should do if they are cramping during an extremely physical match.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:54 AM
justine fans seem to be generally quite intelligent, but i don't how you delude yourself into thinking that justine doesn't regularly use gamesmanship to win matches. those matches against davenport at the aus open and against capriati at the US Open just really turned me against her. and i don't really like lindsay or jennifer.

i never liked her to be honest, but now i don't even respect her (i'm sure that will cut her deep)
I don't know how you delude yourself into believing your interpretation of events is the only correct one.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:13 AM
I think the one thing we all can agree on is that Justine denying she raised her hand during the match with Serena WAS gamesmanship.

For the others I donīt really think that....her movement was hampered imo, so I donīt think she was faking the cramps.

switz
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:35 AM
I don't know how you delude yourself into believing your interpretation of events is the only correct one.

i'm surprised someone like you has to ask a question like that.

switz
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:37 AM
i repent. i sound like a more extreme hater of justine than bandadou, and that just isn't right. i think i'll just delete my posts and keep my opinions to myself from now on.

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:41 AM
when you have cramps and you really want to win, you have no other choice but to get it treated. that's it. i've said my peace.

switz
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:48 AM
when you have cramps and you really want to win, you have no other choice but to get it treated. that's it. i've said my peace.

personally i don't believe that you should be able to have them treated, as it usually has a negative impact on the opponent, and creates unneccessary arguments such as this. of course that is no way justine's fault, as everyone has equal access, and she has every right to access the trainer if the rules allow it and her injury is genuine.

i don't really hate justine, i was just being an arsehole

Veritas
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:06 AM
Rocketta - yes, I think you're probably right that Justine realised after being accused herself how unpleasant it is. But, that's just normal, isn't it? Surely most people have been in a situation where they did something, had it done back to them and then realised how it felt? Sometimes it takes that to truly understand what you did/said to someone. It doesn't make her regret any the less genuine.

Oh, and allez Pigam!

First of all, some Justine fans have been complaining about others who won't let the "cheating", "lying", "acting", whatever, topic go. Yet you people have also refused to let the "Kim vs. Justine" topic slip from your fingers. I mean, you guys have even said that it's largely the fault of the media for "twisting" quotes and misconstruing facts. Why can't this have happened in Kim's interviews? I honestly believe that Kim's words were unfairly taken advantage of. Why? Because the media has a history of lying and fabricating information. It's all about business. The newspapers and other mediums exist for one main purpose - to earn maximum profits and gain as large a market share as possible. They don't care what their reports might fire up as long as it sells and they get their money's worth. And these reporters are people, so a fair number of them will resort to cheap tactics to make sure their stories get the attention.

Has everyone forgotten that infamous 1992 report by the London Mirror that claimed Monica was pregnant? Or the Herald Sun interview with Jelena Dokic in 1999 which claimed that she disregarded Australian investments and support in her tennis - and not to mention the fact that she had specifically asked for the tapes from the interview to be reproduced in public so that she can prove her quotes were taken out of context.

My point is that you weren't in that exact same room when Kim was being interviewed. You don't even know what Kim was thinking. There are so many possibilities in this world and there's a chance that what she said didn't parallel what she thought. How many times have you uttered something that you didn't mean to say? Kim's human for crying out loud. She can be both nice and catty.

So since you understood that Justine made a mistake and forgiven her for it, why can't you do the same for Kim? Oh, and don't bother using that "but Kim never fully apologised for her words", because we know the media wouldn't want to report on anything that might foil their attempts to produce a catfight and in process, sucker more stupid money. Justine was victimised by the media: fair enough. But so was Kim.