PDA

View Full Version : Justine outdid her win over Capriati? Beats Nastya 7-5, 5-7, 7-5

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Thank God she beat Nastya after the trash talking she did about justine in a Russian newspaper. :devil:

Sorry I do like you Nastya too.

but go JUSTINE!!!!!!! :angel:

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:00 AM
That win means that neither of them is likely to qualify for semis. Both of them will lose tomorrow against rested opponents.

treufreund
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:02 AM
well justine's chances are a lot better than if she had lost.

anyways you are a known vitriolic hater of justine so for the rest of this thread you are officially ignored.

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:02 AM
That win means that neither of them is likely to qualify for semis. Both of them will lose tomorrow against rested opponents.

i'm sure that logic sounded good at the US Open as well after henin beat capriati.

sorry to picking on your posts.

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:03 AM
i'm sure that logic sounded good at the US Open as well after henin beat capriati.

sorry to picking on your posts.

back then her opponent didn't have a day off before.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:05 AM
We'll see, we'll see. I reckon Justine is gonna get through.

It'll probably be:

Juju
JenCap
Kimmie
Chanda (though I'm still hoping for Momo)

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:05 AM
I don´t think Justine is going to have much trouble with Ai, even if she loses to Jen. So she should go through! Can you imagine that: Kim vs Juju in the semi´s !!

jellybelly
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:07 AM

think not likely Jenny strapping in last match whilst Ai constantly playing since God knows.

Besides Myskina has probably winning record with Alex Stevenson indoor

Rollo
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:07 AM
It was one bloody indoor match-not a battle with heat and humidity. and we're talking about road warrior Justine Henin-not some out of shape wilting flower.

Willing to bet on who will win Justine's next match YS?

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Hahaha....one thing is for sure. You won´t beat Justine by playing hitting down the middle.

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:10 AM
It was one bloody indoor match-not a battle with heat and humidity. and we're talking about road warrior Justine Henin-not some out of shape wilting flower.

Willing to bet on who will win Justine's next match YS?

Yep. Of course, it will be Jennifer..

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Yep. Of course, it will be Jennifer..

Are you sure?! Remember this is the same girl who was up a set and 5-3 and then 5-3 again during a match and still found a way to lose it!

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:13 AM
Are you sure?! Remember this is the same girl who was up a set and 5-3 and then 5-3 again during a match and still found a way to lose it!

Yep, she is still a three-time GS champion..

Hingiswinsthis
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:13 AM
I thought Justine was going to play Ai Sugiyama? some one pls explain.....

jellybelly
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:15 AM

H.Mandlikova has GS as well

bandabou

Well the third one she won, because the opponent was a bigger choker than herself.

fleemke³
I think Justine and Myskina will go through :)

tennisluver99
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Capriati will probably win, unless she pulls a Myskina (it can happen).

Myskina is DONE this loss will haunt her, she will lose to Capriati and Sugiyama.

I think Henin will beat Sugiyama.

Henin and Capriati advance. No Surprise.

maryjane
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:19 AM

after what I've seen during the usopen i'll never think s/t like that about justine...never say never...

tennisluver99
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:22 AM
I'll be rooting for Justine against Crappy.

GO JUSTINE!!!! Kick that fat ass!!!

1jackson2001
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Watch Justine win over Jen again. ;)

per4ever
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:30 AM
ys never says something good about Justine.

He would even say that #10000 in the world would win against Justine :)

Hurley
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:32 AM
The Capriati match doesn't matter. If she wins, great. If she loses, she just needs to beat Sugiyama and she'll probably make SF. (Probably.)

Lady
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Actually jennifer not playing so well herself!!

Great win today, Justine!!! :bounce: It was such as nerveous match, especially whe she kept on making this stupid unforced errors :(

nygirl
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:20 AM
OMG!!!!!! Girl nearly gave me a freaking heartattack today!!!! Being a Juju fan is hazardous to ones health!!! But I'm such a happy bunny right now :woohoo:

Rollo
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Alright YS-what do want to bet? I say we write an essay of the other's choice-word count to be decided.

If Justine wins I expect you to write an essay praising her:)

moby
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:17 AM

i'm sure kim was really exhausted after trouncing lindsay in two easy sets

vancouverite
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:19 AM
It was actually a sloppy match from both, but dramatic because of the way it see-sawed back and forth.

Justine has developed the habit of winning even when the tank seems completely empty lately, and I don't see that that will change much over the next week.

Justine to make the semis at least...

skanky~skanketta
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:25 AM
justine's like my car. they can both go on on an empty tank. thank god!

it wont be a juju vs kim semi. #1 and #2 never play before the final.

fifiricci
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Juju's got that "frightened rabbit" look in her eyes tho.............. how long can she hold out!

Chance
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:34 AM
justine's like my car. they can both go on on an empty tank. thank god!

it wont be a juju vs kim semi. #1 and #2 never play before the final.

actually in a round robin event, I think it can happen. IF Kim finishes no.1 in her group and ifJ ustine finishes second in her group, then I think they play in the semis against each other

vancouverite
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:34 AM
She gets that look, yet she (usually) wins despite it. I think she's in that space that champions get to where they simply come up with the goods no matter how hopeless it looks.

Someone will have to come up with something very special to beat her (and I'm not even a fan of hers ;) , but she deserves her props)!

skanky~skanketta
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:42 AM
EEK!no justine vs kim in the semis please!KICK JEN;S BUTT JUSTINE!!!!!

fifiricci
Nov 7th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Judging by the number of potion bottles Justine was drinking from today, she definitely is running on empty. One of them must contain lubricant for the bionic arm, another liquid Zovirax.

She's probably been rushed off to hospital now to have a complete blood change.

:lol:

jenglisbe
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Wow! Justine has yet another illness/injury (and time-out) and manages to win. I wonder if the other players are as tired of this crap as I am.

ys - Justine would have still beat Kim at the Open even if Kim had an extra day's rest/ Kim choked (again). It wasn't about being rested or not rested...

fifiricci
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Wow! Justine has yet another illness/injury (and time-out) and manages to win. I wonder if the other players are as tired of this crap as I am.

ys - Justine would have still beat Kim at the Open even if Kim had an extra day's rest/ Kim choked (again). It wasn't about being rested or not rested...

Dont be so defensive - it was Justine who told everyone she was ill this week, we didnt make it up!!

:rolleyes:

Rollo
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Bump up for YS :devil:

vaiva
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:53 AM
:lol:

I'd love to read the essay by ys

Brαm
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Bump up for YS :devil:
:worship:

ys :rolleyes: :lol:

justy
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:06 PM
:worship:

ys :rolleyes: :lol:
everybody wants to know where ys is!!!!!!!! I know maybe start a thread!!!! Just compliment Justine and he shouldn't be too far behind with the devil's advocate!