PDA

View Full Version : K. Clijsters def. C. Rubin 6-4 6-4

tennisIlove09
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:04 AM
Still sounds like a good match from Chanda.
Kim looks like a shoo-in for the semis, being 2-0

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Chanda played very good, probably as good as she could, yet she got routed. I don't see anyone beating Kim on this surface.

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:06 AM
very good match from chanda. now i hope dementieva doesn't decide to turn up for the last match, and that chanda will bring more of the same. a match like this could only serve a inspiration in my opinion, because she was really in that match.

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:07 AM
Chanda played very good, probably as good as she could, yet she got routed. I don't see anyone beating Kim on this surface.

i'm sure if a russian lost by the same score you would still call it a routing. do you even know what that word means? 6-1, 6-1 is a routing.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:07 AM
Hopefully Amelie will lose and Chanda will beat Elena, because thats the only way Chanda can go to the Semi's

:sad:

Chanda :sad:

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:08 AM
6-4 6-4 is routed?! I´m telling you a better hit ball here and there by Chanda and they´d still be playing.

tennisIlove09
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:09 AM
I see Justine beating Kim on this surface. It'll be Paris and New York all over again. Kim cruises, until facing Justine

tfannis
Congrats Kim!! :bounce:

Sharapova's_Boy
Udachi Kim :D

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Hopefully Amelie will lose and Chanda will beat Elena, because thats the only way Chanda can go to the Semi's

Chanda :sad:

you should be happy with this result alex. sure, winning is always the goal, but there were so many deuce games, and just a few things done differently it could have been the opposite score.

if chanda played like she was a couple of weeks ago she would have lost 6-1, 6-1.

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:11 AM
i'm sure if a russian lost by the same score you would still call it a routing. do you even know what that word means? 6-1, 6-1 is a routing.

No, that's called demolition. Rout is a straight set win with no tiebreaks or 7:5..

The final result of this match was never in question. Chanda could win a tough game here and there, but Kim would always win two easy games instead. Kim was totally in control.

azza
:woohoo:

Harju.
Chanda :sobbing: But great match :D :D

Kim :banana:

switz
plus every game counts in a count-back. amelie is not likely to gets as close to kim unless she really lifts.

chanda will destroy elena, so it's all good

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:12 AM
I see Justine beating Kim on this surface. It'll be Paris and New York all over again. Kim cruises, until facing Justine

Kim won't get to play Justine. Justine won't get out of her group.

tennisIlove09
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:13 AM
Kim won't get to play Justine. Justine won't get out of her group.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:14 AM
The group of Justine, shouldn´t be much problem imo....but of course Justine has the fever, sooo....

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:14 AM
ys, too true, because jens winning in that group.

Hots4Safin
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:15 AM
hmm...I only saw the second set....but Chanda did play pretty well, and her appearance was among the better times I've seen her, but her serve sucked. She was hitting first serves so far off it was ridiculous. Kim played phenomenal....some of those forehand crosscourts were Serena like. I also took Venus' advice and watched the match on mute, it was way better than listening to cliff or pam babble endlessly.

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:16 AM
Kim, your going DOWNNN! (and im sure your used to going down *hehe* YES T H A T down...dirty posters!)

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:17 AM
No, that's called demolition. Rout is a straight set win with no tiebreaks or 7:5..

The final result of this match was never in question. Chanda could win a tough game here and there, but Kim would always win two easy games instead. Kim was totally in control.

funny, in all the articles i've read i've never seen a journalist use rout to describe a scoreline like that. especially one with so many close games. at 3-3 in the second kim had 64 points and chanda and 59 points. go into the scores thread and you'll see that the result was in doubt right until the end in many people's minds.

look it up as well, as rout is defined as "a severe and humiliating defeat".

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:18 AM
yeah, in the second set Chanda´s serve went a bit off...

tennisIlove09
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:18 AM
Isn't it

#1 Red vs. #2 Black
#1 Black vs. #2 Red

in the semis?

I don't see Juju NOT making the semis...but she could face Kim in the SF

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:20 AM
your a luny bitch^

irma
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:22 AM
Kim is already in the semis right?

considering Rubin lost a set more then her so at worst it would be 4:2 Kim and 4:3 Rubin

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:24 AM
yeah....Kim is already through to the semi´s. Or they must look at h2h?!

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:26 AM
Kim is already in the semis right?

considering Rubin lost a set more then her so at worst it would be 4:2 Kim and 4:3 Rubin

Yes, Kim is already in semis, but she can still finish second, if Amelie beats her and Elena beats Chanda, because, I believe, head-to-head result counts first ( that's how it is on ATP ). I could be wrong about that though..

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:27 AM
funny, in all the articles i've read i've never seen a journalist use rout to describe a scoreline like that. especially one with so many close games. at 3-3 in the second kim had 64 points and chanda and 59 points. go into the scores thread and you'll see that the result was in doubt right until the end in many people's minds.

look it up as well, as rout is defined as "a severe and humiliating defeat".

that's called being shut down ys

Rub
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:27 AM
go kim! :dance:

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Yes, Kim is already in semis, but she can still finish second, if Amelie beats her and Elena beats Chanda, because, I believe, head-to-head result counts first ( that's how it is on ATP ). I could be wrong about that though..

H2H in the tournament or career?

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:29 AM
^^^ your both crazy wenches, lol kidding, kim will make the finals, then choke on leyttons wang and blow (then probably swallow) the final....bad job, blowing a third set lead only for Jen to stroke herself back into the match , climaxing with a win, in an orgy of victory.

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:30 AM
OTOH, Justine is REALLY playing like crap right now and doesn´t look right at all!

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:30 AM
**hehehe**

slice
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:31 AM
trish- r u sexually frustrated? :p

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:37 AM
nope, i just got a wiked sence of humor!

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:39 AM
and im horny...two good combos. why?

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Trish (me)= 40% style: 25% Sass: 25% pazzaz AND 10%: inner slut :lol:

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:55 AM
jejejeje

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Trish, will you be Jericho's valet?

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:44 AM
^ no i will NOT be, of course that could change, but im very happy wrestling. So no the short answer is no.

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:48 AM
I think Jericho is up to something. Be careful Trish :worship:

Brian Stewart
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:13 AM
A decent effort from Chanda, but definitely a winnable match. The difference was that Chanda hit too many short balls from neutral positions, allowing Kim to tee off. If she just hits a fraction of those deeper, or closer to the sidelines, she would have won the match in straight sets, instead of losing it. Overall, a B- for Chanda. Did well, but can clearly do better.

Even so, of the matches played so far, these two players have performed at the highest level. It's been great seeing the allcourt play throughout this tourney, from just about everyone. So much for the (what we knew to be) erroneous stereotype of the women being all baseline bashers.

Congrats to Kim on reaching the semis. Here's hoping for a rematch in the final.

Come-on-kim
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Kim :bounce: