PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: The Semifinalists From The Red Group Will Be Kim and Chanda

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:26 AM
Amelie just beat Elena, who now goes down 0-2 and will most likely go 0-3, as I don't see her beating Chanda (maybe taking a set, but that's it). Amelie is now 1-1, but I don't see her beating Kim, so she will go 1-2, which will leave Chanda at 2-1 (I don't think she will beat Kim tonight) and Kim a perfect 3-0

Tplayer
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:00 AM
uhhh, OK....

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:44 AM
chanda playing the way she is tonight will not have problems with dementieva playing the way she has been because it is similar to earlier in the year when chanda won 3 times against elena, but things could change easily. dementieva is as streaky as chanda. i do hope that chanda gets through though.

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:07 AM
Kim and Amelie. Elena Dementieva owned Chanda this summer, she knows that if she beats Chanda in straight sets, she gets the third place in the group and some good points with that, and there is no pressure, I think Elena beats Chanda, and that puts Amelie into semis with Kim, regardless of their match result.

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:12 AM
IF Amelie lost to Kim and Chanda lost to Elena both in straight sets! Who's going to be in the semifinal :tape:

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:13 AM
I agree...Kim and Chanda....

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:14 AM
IF Amelie lost to Kim and Chanda lost to Elena both in straight sets! Who's going to be in the semifinal :tape:

Amelie and Kim.. Because of that set that Amelie took off Chanda..
In fact if Chanda loses to Elena, she is out, no matter what the result of Amelie and Kim is.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:14 AM
The only way Amelie is going to beat Kim is if Kim can't pick up her arm and serve. Other than that, Kim is going to win, putting Amelie at at 1-2 disadvantage and 3-4 disadvantage in sets.

You can't be serious that Elena is going to beat Chanda. Chanda played well tonight and the difference in the match was a break of serve in each set. Elena has lost 6-2, 6-2 and 6-3, 6-2, which tells me that she is having a problem holding serve and that is why Chanda will beat her in straight sets.

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:15 AM
The worst Kim can get is 4-2 while Momo best is 5-2 and Chanda 4-3. Who's going then?

azza
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:15 AM
Dementieva beat chanda 2 weeks in a row

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:16 AM
The worst Kim can get is 4-2 while Momo best is 5-2 and Chanda 4-3. Who's going then?

Kim and Amelie.

But that isn't going to happen.

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:16 AM
The only way Amelie is going to beat Kim is if Kim can't pick up her arm and serve. Other than that, Kim is going to win, putting Amelie at at 1-2 disadvantage and 3-4 disadvantage in sets.

You can't be serious that Elena is going to beat Chanda. Chanda played well tonight and the difference in the match was a break of serve in each set. Elena has lost 6-2, 6-2 and 6-3, 6-2, which tells me that she is having a problem holding serve and that is why Chanda will beat her in straight sets.
you can't judge a person by the match. Alyona hardly play against Momo. She played terrible match!!

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:17 AM

We have to admit that that was on high bouncing hardcourts. This court is extremely low bounce, which gives a serious advantage to small girls like Chanda, that's why she has a chance against Elena.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:17 AM

But wasn't that on an outdoor hardcourt? This is indoors and on carpet.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:18 AM
you can't judge a person by the match. Alyona hardly play against Momo. She played terrible match!!

She has hardly played so far this tournament.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:20 AM
Actually right now:

Amelie is: 3/2
Chanda is: 2/3

if Chanda beats Alyona straight 4/3
and Amelie straight 5/2 but that won't happen Amelie will lose straight and be 3/4

either way its going to be Chanda and Kim, Amelie screwed herself when she lost to Chanda yesterday

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:21 AM

and chanda beat elena 3 times in row in hong kong, sydney, and tokyo earlier this year. rebound ace is the highest bouncing hard-court as well.

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:21 AM
But wasn't that on an outdoor hardcourt? This is indoors and on carpet.

that's why this match is a tossup.

The math is:

Kim over Amelie, Elena over Chanda Amelie and Kim advance
Kim over Amelie, Chanda over Elena Kim and Chanda advance
Amelie over Kim, Chanda over Elena Kim and Amelie advance
Amelie over Kim, Elena over Chanda Kim and Amelie advance

So, 75% of Amelie advancing, 25% of Chanda. I have to go with math.

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:22 AM
She has hardly played so far this tournament.
you might never know until the match start :tape:

Do people even think that Myskina is gonna beat Kim in Leipzig :tape:

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:23 AM

The math is:

:worship:

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:24 AM

The math is:

Well, it is most likely that Kim will lose her number one ranking, but not a certainity, just like it isn't a certainty that Amelie will get to the semis. The fact is, she hurt herself by not winning last night against Chanda and that is why her fate is more in Chanda's hands than in her own because it is probable that Kim will beat her.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:26 AM
you might never know until the match start :tape:

Do people even think that Myskina is gonna beat Kim in Leipzig :tape:

Um, no, but Anastasia was losing that match and only won because Kim twisted her ankle.

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Um, no, but Anastasia was losing that match and only won because Kim twisted her ankle.
haha. Okay then, do people ever think that Kim would twist her ankle during the match. :p

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:29 AM

Yeah, and Agassi was winning his Slams only because his opponents were too tired after he worn them down..

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Yeah, and Agassi was winning his Slams only because his opponents were too tired after he worn them down..

Get real. In that match, Kim was already up a set, so she had the upper hand until she injured her ankle.

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:33 AM
Get real. In that match, Kim was already up a set, so she had the upper hand until she injured her ankle.

Didn't she injure her ankle a day before slipping on stairs?

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:34 AM
That's the point! You might never know how the match will go until the match starts.

lizchris
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Didn't she injure her ankle a day before slipping on stairs?

She did, but was apprently able to play well until that day when she went for a shot and aggravated the ankle by twisting it.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:40 AM
I think it's too late for Momo. She let it slip against Chanda (and all credit to Chanda for wearing her down), and she's gonna pay for it. Chanda will beat Elena. Momo always has a chance of beating Kim, or any other player, but I'm not betting on this being the time that she does it.

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:02 AM
Momo sings Mandy Moore's song, " Have a little faith in Me...."

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:46 AM
lol, I'm trying.

Hawk
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:07 AM
I'm gonna go with Chanda and Kim too. Chanda has been playing really well and Elena has been off..Chanda can beat Elena.

Meaning Momo will have to beat Kim. Although she can beat Kim..I don't see her doing it. Kim's been playing well and Momo hasn't been all that great. If that stays the same..it equals a win for Kim.

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:22 AM

The math is:

i think there are a few more variables than that 1) kim is playing miles better than amelie and has beaten her on many occasions this year. also elena is playing poorly thus far and chanda is playing well. therefore this whole 75% chance of amelie advancing is not right, because no one would give you even money for amelie beating kim.

ys
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:30 AM
i think there are a few more variables than that 1) kim is playing miles better than amelie and has beaten her on many occasions this year. also elena is playing poorly thus far and chanda is playing well. therefore this whole 75% chance of amelie advancing is not right, because no one would give you even money for amelie beating kim.

I would not say so. Kim doesn't really need this match, itis just 43 bonus points for her, they are not going to make the difference at the end. So she won't have as much motivation. For her, it is a dead rubber, while Amelie will be fighting for her life.

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:54 AM
i thought you might say that, but i still disagree. if it was a dead rubber in fed cup, i might tend to agree, but if she loses this match, she has to come back the next day still playing her at her peak. clijsters doesn't strike me as the type of player not give 100% just because it isn't win or be out. IMO she would be more likely to lose if it was a live rubber because she would face the pressure of being out of tournament where she has 750 points to defend. I just don't think Amelie is playing well enough either to beat an in form clijsters.

vs1
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:55 AM
:kiss:

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:58 AM
:kiss:

check your reps

Hawk
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:37 PM
i thought you might say that, but i still disagree. if it was a dead rubber in fed cup, i might tend to agree, but if she loses this match, she has to come back the next day still playing her at her peak. clijsters doesn't strike me as the type of player not give 100% just because it isn't win or be out. IMO she would be more likely to lose if it was a live rubber because she would face the pressure of being out of tournament where she has 750 points to defend. I just don't think Amelie is playing well enough either to beat an in form clijsters.

Not to mention Kim wants to finish #1 in the group..not #2. Kim isn't going to come out with anything but 100%. Momo's back is against the wall now..Amelie doesn't play her best when she's under pressure.

AlwaysGraf
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Amelie over kim in 3!

I hope next year Amelie can stay healthy nxt yr-She is the most talented player today. Go Amelie!