PDA

View Full Version : Hingis: Chanda is the most under-estimated here...

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:31 AM
I just saw a Eurosport video and a reporter asked Hingis what she thought about almost everybody and for Chanda she said she is one of the most under-estimated players on the tour, and could really stir things up.

I don't have the link to the video because I dunno how to do it.

Just go to www.eurosport.com :)

kyk710
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:42 AM
so true :worship: Good luck tonight chanda!

Brian Stewart
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Chanda is always underestimated. She's always judged by her worst, not her normal level. Look at what that idiot Tracy Austin was saying at the USO, commenting how Chanda's shoulder injury was not a factor because it had healed by the time the Open started. Right, when you're unable to swing a racquet for a couple of weeks, you're automatically going to be in top form as soon as you pick one up. :rolleyes:

If Chanda went 20-1 over a couple of months, she'd be judged by the "1", and not the "20". (Maybe a slight exaggeration, but not by much.) The pros know better. Why do you think Kim fires up and plays her best tennis when she faces Chanda? She knows how dangerous Chanda is, and doesn't want to give her an opening.

Here's hoping Chanda doesn't have a letdown in her final round robin match, or the idiot commentators will be quick to proclaim that the "real" Chanda.

Fedcup
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:20 AM
i must admit that I didn't like Chanda before but today she proved me wrong. She played great

switz
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:02 AM
i've been saying this for ages

jenny161185
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:21 PM
sure she came closest to beating Venus in 02 and BEAT Serena in L.A she is underestimated - well said by marty :)

Alan
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:31 PM
GO MARTY! she hasnt left tennis after all! :)

Fantastic
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Chanda is a tough cookie. Her marathon matches are a testiment to that. And the fact that she's WON all those marathon matches while coming from behind, makes her a very dangerous opponent against anyone.