PDA

View Full Version : Hingis interview Petrova

jellybelly
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Is Hingis the interview giving to Nadia at Eurosport?

Did not Nadia call her 'soft tennis'? :o

Lady
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Yes, Martina interviewed Nadia!! ;)
I can't say what they talked bout 'cos my Russian commentator was giving his own stuff too loud :mad:

And later Martina watched Kim vs Lena match

fifiricci
Nov 6th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Hingis is crap!

tennisjam
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:11 AM
...well, Hingis indeed did play soft tennis...

some people misunderstood this considering "soft" as meaning "weak" what was a mistake...

fifiricci
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:16 AM
This is a classic example of someone getting a job because of their fame and with no regard for whether or not they have any TALENT to be an interviewer/correspondent.

They do it all the time in Wales with ex rugby players.

Hope Hingis's contract with Eurosport is short term!!

casanovalover
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:24 AM
This is a classic example of someone getting a job because of their fame and with no regard for whether or not they have any TALENT to be an interviewer/correspondent.

They do it all the time in Wales with ex rugby players.

Hope Hingis's contract with Eurosport is short term!!

who cares if she sucks. people are still going to tune a hell of a lot more to hear her crap than they would for virgina wades.

DiNaPic
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:31 AM
http://www.hingis.nl/1/4.jpg

casanovalover
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:40 AM
nadia's english is very good, martina's top is not (not good i mean, i'm sure it struggles to talk at all, let alone in english)

Beat
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:06 PM
nadia's english is very good, martina's top is not (not good i mean, i'm sure it struggles to talk at all, let alone in english)

:lol:

she was indeed a bit "wooden", but i think she'll grow into the job.

Fantastic
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:16 PM
She's gotta start somewhere.

BrianII
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:34 PM
I look forward to more interviews from her and hopefully some commentating, like her name sake Martina Nav she has incredible insight into the game, one can pick up something useful when either of those 2 talk .......unlike, when listening the inane babblings of a Mary Carillo .

NaF
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Anyone have the interview transcript? or just elaborate more on what they were discussing about...

Thanks!! :wavey:

TonyP
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Was the interview in English or German? Any hint as to what was said?

Sammm
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Why would it be in German?? Nadia is Russian and Hingis's English is probably just as good as her English.

vogus
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:47 PM
yeah, one thing's for sure, Hingis can be a better commentator than the Queen of Clichee Mary Carillo... :rolleyes:

Nadya has a great smile :)

TonyP
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:55 PM
I understand now from another source the interviews are in English. There had been some reports Martina was only working for the German language version of Eurosport.

jellybelly
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:18 PM
they talk about why Nadia is in this position and how she feel to be alternative also they talk about Kim and Justine and how they are good this year. Nadia pronounce Anastasia in American fashion :o

Tratree
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Martina was watching the Mauresmo-Rubin match earlier. Nadia came out and was watching Jennifer and Ai's match. Too bad Nadia couldn't play :(

Lady
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:57 PM
So I guess Martina watched all matches today :)

Bette_Midler
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Martina meets Myskina

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/L0/home_Lng0.shtml

barmaid
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:18 AM
jonathan_crane, Look at the video link that gabriella posted and look at her interview with Myskina....she did an excellent job I thought...Myskina is a little hard to understand but Marti's questions were concise and she talked about her recent wins over Justine and Kim and the confidence she gained from that experience. Top notch I'd say!! :hearts:

barmaid :wavey:

Sam L
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:27 AM
I look forward to more interviews from her and hopefully some commentating, like her name sake Martina Nav she has incredible insight into the game, one can pick up something useful when either of those 2 talk .......unlike, when listening the inane babblings of a Mary Carillo .
:haha:

Yeah, I look forward to Martina commentating too.

Jamie
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:13 AM
I think it's great that Martina picking up the mike. It' great to see her again. I wish we could see her playing tennis again. Good luck Martina, hope the the best of everything for you.