PDA

View Full Version : Capriati def. Sugiyama 7-5 7-6 (3)

silverwhite
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:26 AM
Ai. :sad:

But good on Cappy for winning despite her cramps. :)

slice
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:27 AM
great result 4 both players. ai really is troubling the top10 players :)

azza
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:27 AM
:):):):):)

azza
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:29 AM
jen would of won easily but she lacked match practice and isnt that fit

bello
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:29 AM
Well fought out for Jenn, she was down set pojnts in 2nd, and good to see her get her fighting ways back...

will be awesome for her confidence levels in tight ones!!!

WELL DONE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

E. Blackadder
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:30 AM
C'mon jenny, now take somerest and beat justine :bounce: :bounce:

Margie-Anal Cyst
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:31 AM
What an exciting match! Jennifer Capriati continues to prove that she is easily the greatest player that has ever been.

yukon145
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:31 AM
great job Jenn! her 400th career win, wow! get some rest and good luck the rest of the week!

Bella
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:35 AM
Jen doesn't easily beat Ai. Ai was great. She has the best hustle in tennis. Jen does look too big, though. I've defended her weight before, but she looks too big to me now. Anyone else think that?

Trish101
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:23 AM
she looked fine at the fashion show....so dont start ok?

gRaFiC
Nov 6th, 2003, 09:39 AM
I adore watching Jennifer play. I love her speed and scrambling around the court, these are great attributes to have. It concerns me that carrying more weight than is desirable may negate these attributes.

Kart
Nov 6th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Ai :sad: rushed again on those set points :(.

Congratulations JenCap :).

mishar
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Great play from Jennifer, but a bit of a choke from Ai.

At 6-5 40-0 in the second set, she lost 10 straight points!

DEETHELICK
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Jen was struggling due to the hip injury a lot in the 2nd set. It was sheer will and character that won her the 2nd set.

A true display of what a fighter is. :)

kim4eva
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Ai :sad: :sad: :sad:
better luck next time

LindsayRulez
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:34 PM
There's no way Jen would have crushed Ai, whether she was completely healthy or not. Sugiyama played great, but Jennifer played better on the big points. I thought it was a great match myself.

CapFan#1
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:34 PM
I adore watching Jennifer play. I love her speed and scrambling around the court, these are great attributes to have. It concerns me that carrying more weight than is desirable may negate these attributes.

She looked the same to me as she has all year. I think she could lose 5 lbs, but it really isnt affecting her that much. Her movement wasn't as good as it normally was because of her right hip flexor injury. In her post match interview, she talked about how she hurt it practicing Wed, and felt the strain Thursday morning.

The best news of the night was the announcement that she is working with Paul Annacone, and they might pair up for next year if things go well this week. Paul is a great strategist and helped Pete Sampras soar in his career. I really think Jenny is serious about her tennis and still improving her game, and I think this coaching from Paul will be great!!

CapFan#1
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:36 PM
There's no way Jen would have crushed Ai, whether she was completely healthy or not. Sugiyama played great, but Jennifer played better on the big points. I thought it was a great match myself.

I thought Ai played very well also. I do think had Jen's hip injury not flared up in the 2nd set, it would have been a pretty routine win for her in the 2nd set... something like 6-2 or 6-3.

bandabou
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Ai is really really good at the moment! I didn´t expect her to trouble Jen this much...but injury or not for Jen, I think Ai would have still give her major trouble.

She really is having a amazing season and I think she´s gonna give the other players: Justine and Myskina a HELL of a time.

Mase
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:12 PM
This was a great win for Jen.... She played a great competitor in Ai, not match tough, and with a slight injury and still beat her..... And indoors :eek: She showed she stil has the fighting spirit, being down 0-40 THAT close to losing the second set and pullingnot only that game out, but also the tiebreak..... Keep it going Jen, great match!!

fleemke³
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Well congrats Jen for winning :D but what a boring match :o:o::eek: I t was to passive and there were to many UE's imo ;)
Ai you hada some great chances to go for a third set!!

Roxers
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:30 PM
jen :D

bandabou
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:49 PM
I must say that Ai wasn´t exactly CLUTCH yesterday. Dang! she had three set points at 6-5, could have broken Jen at 4-3, so that she could serve for the set. Had Jen 0-30 and 30-40 and couldn´t seal the deal....now, then you can´t win.

RAA
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:51 PM
hmm, interesting that capriati is going to work with paul annacone.. could really only help, no?
good for her..

Natarajasana
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:04 PM
I am so pissed that CapriFatty won.........
Oh well at least Ai isn't out yet......

jenny161185
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:11 PM
well im happy she won :) I like Ai too though :) good luck to em in their next matches

Dirty Sanchez
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:17 PM
:bounce: :) Congrats Jenn, great battling out there!! :) :bounce: