PDA

View Full Version : Paul Annacone is Jennifer's New Coach?!?

UDiTY
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:28 AM
!??!?!!?

Is this true!??!? :confused:

Have I just been out of it, or is this something new??

Pam said at least for this week he's her coach..... :p

yukon145
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:29 AM
i think this change will hopefuly be good. go Jenn!!!

AjdeNate!
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Pam said Paul is with Jennifer "for this week, at least".

MisterQ
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:33 AM
That is GREAT news, if it ends up being more long-term. Her Dad did a good job with her, but she needs a new perspective and energy, imo.

viele
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:26 AM
If this is true, then I think we can add Jen to the already exciting 4-way battle between the Belgians and the Williams for 2004. She was on the outside looking in, not being able to close out big matches but Annacone could be exactly what she needs to get it together.

FanDeJen
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:31 AM
wow!!! that would be awsome!!!
Paul is the best coach!!!!

SerenaSlam
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:34 AM
i figured someone would come in and take what pam said as, jennifers new coach and stefano is out of the picture, when it fact it was clear, that stefano is still in the picture, in fact espn put a lil grahic up stating that this is jennifer's father and coach. ignorant for anyone to assume jennifer has changed coaches. she is getting some "help this week"

tennisluver99
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Don't get to excited about Annacone.
I'm sure that Stefano will drive him away like all the other coaches.

Trish101
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:54 AM
your all scared that Paul might help fix jens problems...and you wouldnt want that now would you? cause if she goes against your precious barbie doll serena and is up in the third, its bye bye serena

Rocketta
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:03 AM
Well I hope he convinces Jennifer to work on her fitness cause she looks to be carrying a few extra pounds this week. :sad:

SerenaSlam
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:15 AM
your all scared that Paul might help fix jens problems...and you wouldnt want that now would you? cause if she goes against your precious barbie doll serena and is up in the third, its bye bye serena
:confused:

tennisluver99
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:38 AM

There's nothing that Annacone can do for Capriati. She is no Pete Sampras!!!
And I'm sure Serena is shaking in her shoes. LOL!!!
Serena would win the 3rd set, because Capriati's fat ass would be too tired.
Capriati really needs to lose weight, she was cramping in the beginning of the 2nd set, after only an hour of play?? That tells she is not fit!

yukon145
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:41 AM
it wasn't cramping, thats what justine does. it was a hip flexer strain.

Trish101
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:49 AM
'fat ass' dont talk bitch, your faves carrying her own fair share of weight in that fat ass of hers.

tennisluver99
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:57 AM
'fat ass' dont talk bitch, your faves carrying her own fair share of weight in that fat ass of hers.

Serena has nice legs and butt, Capriati's thighs and butt are flabby and jiggle when she walks.

Now go to bed little boy and have your wet dreams about Capriati.

Trish101
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:28 AM
kiss my skinny ass fatty, you bitchy stone fucker

Trish101
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:31 AM
as for me being a little boy? hunny i know someone with a low brain cell count such as yourself cannot coprehend this, but i am all woman, more than i can say for you. You cant even act like a woman, let alone pass for one. Tramp.

Knizzle
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Having a tough night Trish??

Trish101
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:43 AM
yeah, i guess so..... can you make it better?

Tratree
Nov 6th, 2003, 08:26 AM
i figured someone would come in and take what pam said as, jennifers new coach and stefano is out of the picture, when it fact it was clear, that stefano is still in the picture, in fact espn put a lil grahic up stating that this is jennifer's father and coach. ignorant for anyone to assume jennifer has changed coaches. she is getting some "help this week"
Actually, Jen confirmed in her press conference that she is working with Paul on a trial basis. She said her dad can't travel with her all the time and he's been getting tired lately. She also said she didn't want to have any regrets at the end of her career that she didn't do everything she could to be her best.

btw, it's no secret Jen isn't in the best shape of her life, but once she got over the first few shaky games, she was moving just fine and was not fatiguing. She strained her hip flexor this morning in in practice and it was flaring up, so she had it taped.

hollywood7172
Nov 6th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Well I hope he convinces Jennifer to work on her fitness cause she looks to be carrying a few extra pounds this week. :sad:

can't you capriati haters come up with something other than the TIRED, TIRED subject of her weight?

in case you missed out on the US open, jennifer's fitness is just fine. in fact, she is more FIT than a 20 year old bony ass who is supposedly more FIT than her.

really people, if you can't come up with new insults that are actually marginally true than i suggest you shut the hell up, lest we think you're more of a fool than we *already* think.

oddkayla
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:48 PM
I still dont understand why fans get defensive when a player's weight is being discussed. These people are athletes and need to be in top physical conditions. To an athelete, conditioning is just as important as the technical aspect of the game. Tennis players need not be the exception.

If a player's forehand is technically flawed, and costs them matches, we comment on it. If a player is carrying excess weight, and it is costing them on the court, we need to comment on it.

Having said all this, I have not seen Jennifer recently but the last time I saw her matches on tv, she was carrying excess weight. To be right up there, she needs to go back to the condition she was in at the beginning of 2001. There was no roll around her midriff. That Jennifer was a machine! And I mean that in the best possible sense. She just looked like she could run forever and slug it out there until she won the match.

Her current conditioning betrays her. I actually think because she knows she is not in great shape, once it gets to the third set, she starts freaking out, and the errors creep in, which just makes her opponents more confident.

jenny161185
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:14 PM
thanks Tratee for tht - nice to see her working with someone knew. and whats all this he cant do anything for her/ jees give them a chance

Rocketta
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:15 PM
can't you capriati haters come up with something other than the TIRED, TIRED subject of her weight?

in case you missed out on the US open, jennifer's fitness is just fine. in fact, she is more FIT than a 20 year old bony ass who is supposedly more FIT than her.

really people, if you can't come up with new insults that are actually marginally true than i suggest you shut the hell up, lest we think you're more of a fool than we *already* think.

Get over yourself. I don't care enough about Jennifer to hate her so get it straight.

Second, if you didn't notice her physical shape was a little doughy then you aren't living in reality.

Thirdly, the announcers kept mentioning how she has let her fitness slack off since the US OPen.

Fourth, for Jennifer's sake I hope her coach can motivate her to work on her physical fitness cause she's carrying around some extra pounds.

Fifth, if Serena showed up extra doughy I would say the same thing about her.

If that's what you consider hating well then I'll just have to look in the mirror and say hate on playa, hate on.....:cool:

Rocketta
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:16 PM
I still dont understand why fans get defensive when a player's weight is being discussed. These people are athletes and need to be in top physical conditions. To an athelete, conditioning is just as important as the technical aspect of the game. Tennis players need not be the exception.

If a player's forehand is technically flawed, and costs them matches, we comment on it. If a player is carrying excess weight, and it is costing them on the court, we need to comment on it.

Having said all this, I have not seen Jennifer recently but the last time I saw her matches on tv, she was carrying excess weight. To be right up there, she needs to go back to the condition she was in at the beginning of 2001. There was no roll around her midriff. That Jennifer was a machine! And I mean that in the best possible sense. She just looked like she could run forever and slug it out there until she won the match.

Her current conditioning betrays her. I actually think because she knows she is not in great shape, once it gets to the third set, she starts freaking out, and the errors creep in, which just makes her opponents more confident.

Perfectly said! :)

CapFan#1
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:48 PM
Get over yourself. I don't care enough about Jennifer to hate her so get it straight.

..:cool:

Really?!?! :confused: Then why is it you seem to find any positive thread about Jen and post some negative bullshit in it?? Your hate is so obvious.... :rolleyes:

Mase
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Back to the original point of this thread, I personally dont think its going to be a one week thing..... I mean most people only have temp coaches when THERE coach isnt there, and well all know Stefano WAS there, so why would he LET someone else work with her WHILE he was there? Obvioulsy to get a second opinion, for all we know Jen could have broke it down for POPS and told him she wanted someone else to work with her, and obvioulsy he wanted to... whether it was in his home town or not (the tounrey) Im sure he would have had other shit to do than work with Jen.... I wouldnt be surpirsed to see him back with her atleast in the beginning of next year, I think this was a 'trial', and as her fan, I think its a great idea ;)

RAA
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:59 PM
I think its great if paul ends up being her coach. she'll never completely divorce herself of her dad and i don't think she should. but it would be GREAT if annacone could do the real coaching and leave her dad and mom to provide emotional support. that would be a great combo.

hope it works out.

I have to say that I saw jen at the USO and I thought jen could stand to lose a few pounds. just my humble opinion... I think back to her first OZ win and she was so freakin' fit .. it could really help propel her back up to the top 3 I think... anyway, bash away.

Tratree
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Honestly, folks........she has let her fitness slide a bit (okay.....a LOT), but once she got into the match, she was running just fine and getting to just about everything. At the beginning, she was hitting balls out of position, like she was a bit slow, but she got it flowing and going as the match went on. She wasn't gasping for air or anything and she didn't look fatigued, but she does need to get in that tip-top shape she was in 2001 and I think that is what she is planning on doing. She said in her PC that her main goal is to get ready for next year. Doing well here is all fine and good, but regardless of how she does here she is looking forward to a new start in January.

btw...I don't see it as "hating" if you are merely saying she has gained weight and it might affect her game. But when the "fat-ass" namecalling comes out, that is uncalled for. Most people in this thread are merely commenting on it, IMO. There is a difference.

Rocketta
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Really?!?! :confused: Then why is it you seem to find any positive thread about Jen and post some negative bullshit in it?? Your hate is so obvious.... :rolleyes:

Please give me links to my posts in threads about Jennifer. :rolleyes:

I don't think I posted about Jennifer since the USOpen match. :rolleyes:

hollywood7172
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:05 PM

Second, if you didn't notice her physical shape was a little doughy then you aren't living in reality.

Thirdly, the announcers kept mentioning how she has let her fitness slack off since the US OPen.

Fourth, for Jennifer's sake I hope her coach can motivate her to work on her physical fitness cause she's carrying around some extra pounds.

Fifth, if Serena showed up extra doughy I would say the same thing about her.

If that's what you consider hating well then I'll just have to look in the mirror and say hate on playa, hate on.....:cool:

no, you need to get over YOURself.
you don't care about jennifer?? okay, THAT is REALLY obvious. Is that also why you bother to come into a thread about jennifer's new coach,spend time to post a reply, and check BACK into the thread for updates? you don't care MY ASS.
that's all you get from me. anymore is wasting my time. i've seen your other posts. to be honest even writing this much back to a retard like you is an insult to my intelligence.

hollywood7172
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:12 PM
and, people please. commenting on her extra tummy weight is one thing ( i agree she doesn't have a six-pack), but trying to translate that into "fitness" is just silly.

when you can outlast the world number 2 ( and soon to be number 1 ) player in the world in a three set marathon ( in terms of energy) and not have to be the one to end up on intravenous fluids means you're pretty DAMN WELL FIT.

DA FOREHAND
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Don't get to excited about Annacone.
I'm sure that Stefano will drive him away like all the other coaches.

just as Anna's mom has driven good coaches away from Anna. Jenn could def. benefit from a new coach. Hell if she'd shown BJK some respect she could have learned under her as well, she's done wonders for Venus.

Go Jenn!

Mrs. Peel
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:00 PM
I believe her fitness is just fine...she played fab once she got going a displayed a marvelous arsenal of shots on the run..but really...the shape of her body this week in in NO WAY near how I am accustomed to seeing her. The state of her middle section is worthy of a comment or two...no one is saying she has to be bony but good gracious. Her movement was impeded somewhat by the extra pounds.

jenny161185
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:08 PM
maybe she has put on some weight but as others have said Im sure she'll work hard on it during the off season. Cant wait to see the results at oz if they stay together

Rocketta
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:20 PM
no, you need to get over YOURself.
you don't care about jennifer?? okay, THAT is REALLY obvious. Is that also why you bother to come into a thread about jennifer's new coach,spend time to post a reply, and check BACK into the thread for updates? you don't care MY ASS.
that's all you get from me. anymore is wasting my time. i've seen your other posts. to be honest even writing this much back to a retard like you is an insult to my intelligence.

:haha:

You are tripping! So now you are not going to waste your time, huh? :tape:

I didn't say I didn't care about Jen, go back and read. I said I didn't care ENOUGH about her to hate her. There's a difference. You're so smart I know I don't have to explain the difference.

I also love this back stepping about extra weight doesn't have anything to do with fitness. Yeah Right! Tell that to Lindsay because her career sure seemed to take off when she Lost those extra pounds she was carrying.

Lets see I responded to a thread about Jennifer and her coach cause I was watching the match and I didn't come back and reply because I went to sleep. How dare I? I was suppose to stay up and talk and talk about Jennifer.

I think you're on the right track and don't respond to my posts because you clearly don't know how to differentiate between a comment that hopes someone improves and a name-calling post.

Toodles see you in lurker land. :wavey:

Knizzle
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:46 PM

Good points. No one is saying that Jenn is not in good shape, but she is not in good shape for someone who is a world class athlete.

Knizzle
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:49 PM
and, people please. commenting on her extra tummy weight is one thing ( i agree she doesn't have a six-pack), but trying to translate that into "fitness" is just silly.

when you can outlast the world number 2 ( and soon to be number 1 ) player in the world in a three set marathon ( in terms of energy) and not have to be the one to end up on intravenous fluids means you're pretty DAMN WELL FIT.

She didn't outlast Juju, if she did that she would have won. Cappy lost because she was tired.

tennisluver99
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:49 PM
as for me being a little boy? hunny i know someone with a low brain cell count such as yourself cannot coprehend this, but i am all woman, more than i can say for you. You cant even act like a woman, let alone pass for one. Tramp.

OH, I am all woman my boyfriend can tell you that.
I was one of the best runners on my high school and college track teams, so I am fit not fat.

I don't know who the hell you are? I hear you claim to be Trish Stratus, and if you are (which I'm sure you are not) you're the one who looks like a tramp. LOL!!!

You are the one with low brain cells, if you think Capriati is fit.
Jen was in great shape in 2001, but after Wimbledon 2001 her fitness started slipping.
I can admit that Serena used to be a little unfit, why can't you admit it about Jen?

Maybe Annacone can help her, but how many times has Stefano butted in and got rid of the coach. He's been doing it since she was young. Maybe he will finally butt out and realize she needs a real coach.
We will see.

tennisluver99
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:51 PM
just as Anna's mom has driven good coaches away from Anna. Jenn could def. benefit from a new coach. Hell if she'd shown BJK some respect she could have learned under her as well, she's done wonders for Venus.

Go Jenn!

Yeah, Alla really screwed up Anna's career.

Tratree
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:36 PM
She didn't outlast Juju, if she did that she would have won. Cappy lost because she was tired.
I don't think Capriati lost to Justine because she was tired at all. She has a major mental block in her game right now. I'm not saying she couldn't get fitter, but her problem is all mental. It's not even her serve as much. It's like she gets close to winning and she can't deal with it, so she loses. It's happened in most every three setter she lost in the past few years. Hopefully, this is something a coaching change would help.

Rocketta
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:48 PM
I don't think Capriati lost to Justine because she was tired at all. She has a major mental block in her game right now. I'm not saying she couldn't get fitter, but her problem is all mental. It's not even her serve as much. It's like she gets close to winning and she can't deal with it, so she loses. It's happened in most every three setter she lost in the past few years. Hopefully, this is something a coaching change would help.

but don't you think being less fit causes her to be more tired in the third which in turn increases her mental fatigue because she has to concentrate that much more to execute?

Its like nerves, stress and fatigue just don't go together for Jennifer in the third.

Tratree
Nov 6th, 2003, 10:50 PM
but don't you think being less fit causes her to be more tired in the third which in turn increases her mental fatigue because she has to concentrate that much more to execute?

Its like nerves, stress and fatigue just don't go together for Jennifer in the third.
Could be, who knows except for Jennifer. I'm just sayin' she's not losing because of fitness, IMO, though I do think that it could help her win a lot easier. If she was fitter, she could go for more and not play so defensively, i.e. getting to a shot early and being able to hit an outright winner.

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Call her fat, shes not listening anyways, tools

Trish101
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:30 AM
oh and tennisluve, get lost. Really.

bello
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Well the only thing that was keeping Jenn from the Williams and Beligians elite group was her difficulty in closing out matches, so hopefully Paul can assist in this and Jenn will have an awesome 2004!!

GO JENNY BABY!!! xox