PDA

View Full Version : If you were in Kim's place...what would you say/do?

for-sure
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:25 AM
If you were in Kim's place...what would you say/do? (RE: no being the 'real' number 1)

tennnisfannn
Nov 6th, 2003, 08:08 AM
If you were in Kim's place...what would you say/do? (RE: no being the 'real' number 1)
Unfortunately for her the people who ask this question aren't looking for answers but looking to discredit her. The so called media understand the ranking system and love to put players in uncomfortable situations.
I doubt that people in her life actually ask this.

oddkayla
Nov 6th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Kiss my ass!

maryjane
Nov 6th, 2003, 08:11 AM
"I'm what I'm.i do what i can,time will shut you up"
or i wouldn't answer.or i say "then go to interview yr real n.1 why r u here with me?"

for-sure
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:17 AM
haha :) good one :)

fammmmedspin
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:01 AM
If she is number 1 Kim will say something about Justine deserving it.

If she is number one it will be because she has beaten enough of the top players this week and Justine has failed to. A Kim fan might then argue that set against 4 GS matches this year where Justine or a Williams beat her, Kim has beaten more players than anyone else, more top ten players, won more tournaments and arguably looks more consistently like a number one in a Serena-less tour.
If Justine backs up her GS/Serena case with a consistant performance this week she will be a deserving number one too.

Fantastic
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:54 PM
If asked, I would instinctively reply something like "Well, it means I'm the No. 1 player in the world. If anyone else wants it, they'll have to come and get it. But until then, I'm the No. 1 player in the world and there's nothing anyone can do about it." You know it's what Kim really wants to say, but doesn't.

Hagar
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:05 PM
I would do everything to win the AO.

esquímaux
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:25 PM
If I were Kim, I'd probably slack up on doing the splits during matches.......Clijsters went ALL THE WALL down on her backhand side during her match with Chanda! :eek:

RAA
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:48 PM
I would say "I feel great about this amazing accomplishment that only a handful of tennis players have achieved."

fifiricci
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:40 PM
God everyone keeps banging on about this!

Kim says she's not that interested in the rankings, so I assume that she will want to defend her title in LA and will be philosophical about whether or not she is still No 1 at the end of it. In a way, the thing is out of her control.

Uppermost on her mind appears to be holidaying in Aussie, so I dont think she's going to lose any sleep about not ending the year at No 1.

Now next year, that may be a different story.............