PDA

View Full Version : Chanda Rubin (USA) def. Amelie Mauresmo (FRA): 4-6, 6-4, 6-2

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:18 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:worship: :worship:

CHANDA!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:worship: :worship:

UDiTY
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Congrats Chanda!!

Coming back from 4-6, 0-2 :bounce: :bounce:

I beat u, ;) , but yer thread is prettier...

switz
i told everyone chanda would win. she has a great shot at qualifying for the semis now.

go rubi, show the world how good you are!!

for-sure
good for Chanda. A great showing here will allow her to finish the year on a more possitive note :)

poor momo though.

MisterQ
Good work, Chanda!

I didn't see the whole match, but the commentators said she changed strategy in mid-match, and it worked. Came up to net more and got more aggressive.

katrientje
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:21 AM
congrats chanda!

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Chanda...:worship:

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Chanda :) down 4-6, 0-2, what a fight!! :woohoo:

switz
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:24 AM
Good work, Chanda!

I didn't see the whole match, but the commentators said she changed strategy in mid-match, and it worked. Came up to net more and got more aggressive.

whenever chanda does that she wins. unfortunately she only starts doing it when she is losing, and sometimes it's just too late. fortunately today she got the job done.

she just like patty really, that is she has all the ability to beat just about anyone, but for some reason just doesn't seem to want to play the game that wins matches.

who cares though, she won, and i'm over the moon

WtaTour4Ever
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:41 AM
Wow...Congrats Chanda!!

bello
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Well done Chanda from fighting back like that, you are a talent!!! Maybe a suprise semi finalist!!! Who knows!

kyk710
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Chanda played great - her shot on match point was just amazing - Momo was running her all over the court, and hit a shot to Chanda's BH corner that seemed like a winner that chanda Barely got back, then momo hit another seeming winner to The opposite corner, and Rubin ran all the way over ( i didnt think she could get it) and barely got to the ball in time to hit an off- balance forehand from off the court down the line that seemed to curve in and hit right inside the line, and all momo could do was watch it go by. Chanda's smile at the end was just priceless. A great match, today Chanda stayed focused, kept her composure, came to net a lot, and she won. Hopefully this will give her confidence against Elena and Kim - I really think Chanda has a very good chance to make the semis. The only thing she really needs to work on is making sure that she doesn't lose her focus like she did in the end of the first set, and work a little on that second serve, which was terrible tonight. Other than that, Chanda played incredibly, and fought like she always does! Keep it up Chanda!!!

Harju.
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Momo :sobbing: :banghead:

Congrats Chanda :D

switz
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:58 AM
kim is always going to be tough for chanda, but if she plays aggressive tennis like she was at the start of the year i think she can beat elena. still going to be tough, but we believe in her

Ballbuster
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:05 AM
It's about darn time she defeated somebody of prominence.

Here's a french kiss.

kyk710
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:21 AM
Chanda has defeated Amelie Twice this year (once in straight sets, including a 6-0 set), Jennifer and Justine. She beat Lindsay and Serena last year, and has defeated Venus. But no, she hasn't defeated anyone "of prominence" ;) :devil:

viele
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:21 AM
I severely underestimated Chanda! I thought she would go down 0-3 in RR but she seems truly ready to challenge the worlds best. Way to go, Chanda!!!

Jakub
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:24 AM
yay Chanda :woohoo:

kyk710
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:24 AM
I severely underestimated Chanda! I thought she would go down 0-3 in RR but she seems truly ready to challenge the worlds best. Way to go, Chanda!!!
You're not the only one. A lot of people don't realize that when Chanda's game is on, she can challenge any player on the tour, and she has shown it (she has defeated everyone in the top 10 at least once with the exception of Kim). Chanda definitely could be a surprise semifinalist at this championships. I definitely think she can do it :)

Lita's Ex
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:33 AM
whenever chanda does that she wins. unfortunately she only starts doing it when she is losing, and sometimes it's just too late. fortunately today she got the job done.

she just like patty really, that is she has all the ability to beat just about anyone, but for some reason just doesn't seem to want to play the game that wins matches.

who cares though, she won, and i'm over the moon

I totally agree with the comparison to Schnyder! Chanda usually loses matches like this because I think like Patty, she gets stubborn. But today she took her time in the 2nd set and changed it up, throwing Momo completely off rhythm. Congrats to Chanda! I feel bad for Amelie and would've been equally happy had she won the match.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:36 AM
pffffffff @Amelie

It sounds like it was more Chanda's good play than Amelie's bad play so congrats to Chanda.

All the same, this just about knocks Amelie out of the YEC. She needed to win this one. :(

switz
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:39 AM
pffffffff @Amelie

It sounds like it was more Chanda's good play than Amelie's bad play so congrats to Chanda.

All the same, this just about knocks Amelie out of the YEC. She needed to win this one. :(

i think amelie can beat kim if she plays well.

tennisIlove09
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Chanda has defeated Amelie Twice this year (once in straight sets, including a 6-0 set), Jennifer and Justine. She beat Lindsay and Serena last year, and has defeated Venus. But no, she hasn't defeated anyone "of prominence" ;) :devil:

Yes, but the problem is, she's so inconsistent. Since beating Venus for the first time they played (in 97, on clay ;) ), she has done much damage, expect for last year's Open.

Consistency.

switz
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:43 AM
i never thought i would say this, but i think chanda is now level with patty in terms of my favourites. not simply because she won today, but because i felt the same way i usually do when watching patty play. she is so adorable as well. i love in this pic without a hat and hair pulled back

switz
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:46 AM
Yes, but the problem is, she's so inconsistent. Since beating Venus for the first time they played (in 97, on clay ;) ), she has done much damage, expect for last year's Open.

Consistency.

she definitely has not been at her best since coming back from injury for the third time this year, but i still say that making 3 finals and another q-final when she is not playing well says a lot about how good she really is. this win today confirms it.

esquímaux
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Chanda! congrats...a lot of folks didn't think you could do it!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

vutt
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:49 AM
wow I'm surprised. Must be good for her.

caramel
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:56 AM
:bowdown: Well done,Chanda! :hatoff:

Libertango
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:51 AM
Chanda! :D :bounce: :yeah: :banana: :woohoo:

Good fight, as always from her

persond
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:00 AM
A lot of you seem surprised by Chanda's results tonight, however, this really has been how her career has been, a bit inconsistent at times and when on, simply unbeatable...!!!

Congrats chanda... And, continued success in future matches...!!! :hearts: :hearts:

Joana
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:30 AM
ARGGHHH!!!!
Damn Croatian TV teletext!!!! This is 10000th time they put the winner wrong! :fiery: :mad: :mad: :bigcry:

Lady
Nov 6th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Congrats Chanda!!!
When she's on, she plays really beautiful tennis!!

Kart
Nov 6th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Well done Chanda :D

catkey94
Nov 6th, 2003, 10:55 AM
I saw part of that match last night, and Chanda was really on. If she could play at that level consistently, she would beat the top players more often. CONGRATS CHANDA!

tennisjam
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:04 AM
:cool: :bounce:

Sonja
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Congratulations Chanda; you were the better player yesterday!

Amélie :( :( :( :(

Lapin
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Amélie----------------------------------Chanda
--67%------------1st Serve---------------64%
---5------------------Aces-------------------3
---2------------Double Faults---------------4
--46---------------Winners-----------------37
--30-----------Unforced Errors------------41
-3/12---------Break Points won----------5/15
-36/56---------Net Points won-----------34/53

Interesting stats - who was it who won? ;) (j/k, I know it's all about winning the important points! ;))

fleemke³
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Well it was by far the most interesting match from yesterday!
Good win for Chanda :)

Chance
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:32 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/LAS106110523_lower.jpg
Congratulations Chanda. Amelie,do better in your next match

RAA
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:55 PM
yes, when chanda is on she is fantastic. but when she's off. well. not so good.

great job chanda!!

CapFan#1
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Well done Chanda. And damn, did she look hot in her dress last night!!!!

Dava
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Well done Chanda, this is a good result to gee her up for the rest of the tournament.

kyk710
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Good luck tonight chanda!

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:57 AM
Yes good luck against Kim tonigh Chanda :)