PDA

View Full Version : Support the Championships! They are desperate USTA 50% off

harloo
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:11 AM
That's right, the USTA is offering 50% off of all tickets to the championships. They are trying to make some money before they have to ship the students in for free.

Get them while their hot. You can see your favorites for cheap.

Support the WTA, LA residents. :fiery: :tape:
:lol: :) ;)

FanDeJen
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:23 AM
I feel so jealous... I would pay anything to watch Jen... canīt believe people donīt like tennis.

azza
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Never :p

Mattographer
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:32 AM
Like I said before, we have two events in Los Angeles is stupid. I rather bring it back to MSG!

Mrs. Peel
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:39 AM
Where is it indicated that tix are 50% off? :confused:

ToeTag
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:41 AM
:p Well when its' 60% off I'll try and get a cheap flight down there..j/k..I wonder if the ding-bats who run the WTA will finally GET THE POINT and move it?I still remember watching the championships the final year it was held at MSG,and Bud Collins was pleading for it not to be moved...that it would be a big mistake to move it!!GAAWWD was he right!!

ktwtennis
Nov 6th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Too bad I live a whole 3000+ miles away...

Greenout
Nov 6th, 2003, 10:57 AM
I think the USTA is trying, why today on CNN
Internation World Sport...the "play of the day"
was Jenn-vs-Ai's match. I'm shocked. This
is a rarity. Wow. It was the clip of Ai saving
match points against Jenn "from the year end
WTA Championships". :)

RAA
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:02 PM
I heard the tix was pretty expensive... no?

besides, they CAN'T bring it back to MSG and have it at this time of the year. I think the only time that MSG would host it was when it was at its later date in the season.. and we all know about how the players hate the long season. so to shorten the season they had to move the YeC up. and because of that they needed to find a different venue. this is what I read in a post a few years ago when the move was made..

Tratree
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:11 PM
They're been selling $25 tickets since they went on sale earlier in the year. They also has some packages that aren't that expensive.