PDA

View Full Version : Ever cried over a match?

Linzi
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:16 PM
I have :sad:

Martina lost to Steffi RG 99
Martina lost to Venus US 00
Martina lost to Capriati AO 02
Andre lost to Sampras US 02

You guys ever cried?

CapFan#1
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:17 PM
NO, grow up. It is only a match.

fleemkeģ
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:18 PM
ow I never cried after a loss well after Justine's win on Davenport at the AO :D and her final at RG ... I was at court central and it was so intense :D

AjdeNate!
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:19 PM
93 Citizens Cup - QF. Sometimes I still get sad.
96 Ameritech Cup - QF. It was after the match. I met Monica and talked. After I left I cried from joy.

Linzi
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Shut up. U still upset about what i said. I can cry if i want, cos im upst for my fav.

Knizzle
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:30 PM

Exactly :worship:

MisterQ
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Never cried about one, no.

But Agassi/Sampras USO 2001 and 2002 both left me feeling down, and so did this latest Capriati/Henin match.

And in AO2002, I really felt for Martina H.

Rollo
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:38 PM
"It's my favorite and I'll I cry if I want to" ;)

I've shed a tear or two-Steffi's win over Hingis in 1999 was one-I wanted Graf to win SO much. If I knew then what I know now I might have been cheering for Hingis!

Tears of joy too for Capriati when she won at Oz.

And I felt it in Sampras' match vs. Corretja at the US Open when he was throwing up. Not Pete himself-it was watching his girlfriend cry that almost started me going.

MisterQ
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Ah, tears of joy, that's a different matter... I will admit to getting emotional when Goran won Wimbledon in 2001. It was such a tense situation, and he was so overcome by it when he won. 3 lossses previously in the final -- who would have thought he could come back and win it?!

Andre in RG1999 was also very moving.

Capriati's first two GS wins were pretty happy too, and Serena's first USO.

Linzi
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Tears of joy:
Andre winning RG in 99
Martina beating Venus US 99
Goran winning Wimbeldon 01

Nemesis
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:52 PM
I've never cried over a match ... Although my eyes were watery the night after Justine's 1st round loss at RG 2002 :p I felt it was a huge missed opportunity.

And I've never cried tears of joy. I can't even imagine me doing that :eek:

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:53 PM
The Venus first round loss to Babsi at the '01 French made me kick a hole in my bedroom wall...It was an holiday in the US and I was looking forward to a day of tennis and it just blew it for me...I went right back to bed and watched very little of the rest of the tourney...:mad:

Come-on-kim
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Never cried for a match... well feeling sad yes but no tear drops

Joana
Nov 5th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Cried only once, when Steffi beat Monica at Wimbledon '92, I cried my heart out, but I was just a kid then. I mostly do other crazy stuff when my faves lose.

And I've cried tears of happiness when Lindsay won Wimbledon. :hearts:

FanDeJen
Nov 5th, 2003, 05:40 PM
I cried when Jen won her first Grand Slam!! but of course those were tears of happiness!!!!

Paneru
Nov 5th, 2003, 05:48 PM

Gotta agree!

I've been sad but,
never cried! :cool:

bandabou
Nov 5th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Graf vs Hingis French Open ī99! Still canīt believe HOW Hingis lost that match....that is even more painful than her ī02 Oz open loss. Incredible and such a missed opportunity! She TOTALLY had Graf and let her slip away.

SerenaSlam
Nov 5th, 2003, 06:10 PM
never cried, but justine (u know what match) has made me get very destructive and destroy shit!

Andrew.
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:29 PM
When Lindsay retired in New Haven I cried. :sad:

AgassiGirl16
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:32 PM
I cried when Martina Hingis lost to Capriati in the Aus Open 2002, just because she so had that match and choked...

I cried when Andy Roddick won the Open this year, because it was really great and a big step for him..plus his reaction was great...

I almost cried when Corina Morariu came back against Serena Williams in the US Open 2002, because it was such a huge deal for her..

tennisIlove09
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:35 PM
I've never cried over a loss. It's only a game.

I've cried when seeing a player win.
-Lindsay winning US Open 98/Wimbledon 99 (When players, cry, I tend to cry)
-Venus winning Wimbledon 00/Serena winning US 99
-Roddick winning US 03

maryjane
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:39 PM
i remember all the times I got angry...many many times tanks Capriati's craziness...
Anyway I remember how I was deeply moved by Ivanisevic's win in London...

bandabou
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:43 PM
never cried, but justine (u know what match) has made me get very destructive and destroy shit!

Me too!

cathy r.
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:46 PM
I have :sad:

Martina lost to Steffi RG 99
Martina lost to Venus US 00
Martina lost to Capriati AO 02
Andre lost to Sampras US 02

You guys ever cried?

I cheered after each of the above matches, because I wanted the winner to win. I especially cheered for anyone who beat Hingis, as I think she is the poorest sport to ever play tennis.

-Fienesse-
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:04 PM
I had tears in my eyes when Kim lost the RG final against Justine. For Belgium it was something very special because it would be the first Belgian ever to win a grand slam. But Kim played so bad, so Justine deserved to win, but I just was so sad. I haven't talked for at about 2 hours. But I didn't really cry, just tears in my eyes.

*Bubbles*
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:06 PM
I cheered after each of the above matches, because I wanted the winner to win. I especially cheered for anyone who beat Hingis, as I think she is the poorest sport to ever play tennis.
what's that got to do with anything in this thread?

I've never really cried but I very often feel moved. That's why I love this sport - it's so powerful :)

Trish101
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:18 PM
My eyes misted up when Jen won AO 01...it really was a magical moment for tennis history.

I called Henin a "fucking Donckey" when she took Jennifer to a third set, and i threw a lamp at the tv screen when Justine beat Jen in the Semis ...i wass pretty pissed off at the time....

decemberlove
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:24 PM
no tears of joy or tears of pain.

its just sports.

unless im on the team or the player winning/losing... i really dont give a fuck.

AjdeNate!
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:38 PM
My eyes misted up when Jen won AO 01...it really was a magical moment for tennis history.

I called Henin a "fucking Donckey" when she took Jennifer to a third set, and i threw a lamp at the tv screen when Justine beat Jen in the Semis ...i wass pretty pissed off at the time....
Such violence ;)

Giuliano
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Only once, after my first official match. :p I was soooo young and got beaten soooo badly lol.

korben
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Juju vs. Williams at RG when it was 5-5 or so I noticed myself sobbing in excitement.

ghosts
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Of course that I have :sad:

Venus Forever
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Never cried, but was extremely sad when Venus retired with the injury at the YEC's last year. You could just tell she wanted to be out there, and that she wanted to win the championships. Capping it off by crying on Richard's shoulder.

:sad:

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:04 PM
colosio def kournikova :sad:

XaDavK_Kapri
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Henin beating Capriati got me pretty pissed off. It was 1am and I was screaming bad word in a cushion when Henin kept coming back. I was nearly crying from rage at the end. I broke the remote control when I threw it on the floor... :eek: I spent 15 minutes trying to put the parts back together... :lol: The remote's ok now

Joana
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:17 PM
I broke the remote control when I threw it on the floor... :

OMG you too???! :eek:
Only I broke mine during Chase Championships 2000 when Lindsay lost 2nd set to Dementieva.

Allez-H
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:19 PM
I cried of joy when:
When Kim won the Masters:it was unexpected and the first big title for Belgium.
When Justine won the French Open:I mean the joy on her face after MP and the speech were just too much for me.
When Justine became worldnumber one after winning the final in ZURICH:it was the result of a great season.

XaDavK_Kapri
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:23 PM
OMG you too???! :eek:
Only I broke mine during Chase Championships 2000 when Lindsay lost 2nd set to Dementieva.
:lol: I thought I was the only one who made his remote take the rage. I swear, if I get pissed off, the remote gets it. I practically feel the need to apologize sometimes! :haha:

Lady
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:28 PM
A couple tears of joy
After RG final & US Open semi
Not really cry, but really moved

Zl@tko
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:34 PM
Never cried, but I was really pissed off when Martina beat Monica in the final of 2000 Championships; I was jumping all over the room during the match, throwing pillows and everything what was near, was so nervous.

Sonf@
Nov 5th, 2003, 10:14 PM
I probably got sad when Conchita didn't manage to beat Henin after being 3-6 7-5 5-1 and match point up, but I don't think I cried.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 5th, 2003, 11:30 PM
i was crying tears of happiness when andre won the french.

tennischick
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:58 AM
No...i have never taken a tennis match or a player that seriously...

Lindsayfan
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:00 AM
i cried when France lost Davis Cup final vs Russia after being up 2 sets to love in the final match and being 2 points away from the match :sad: I also cried when Lindsay lost USO final to Venus in 2000.
I cried so many times for joy that I cant even remember ;)

there is no reason to feel ashamed if u cried over a loss,it's quite normal in my opinion.neway maturity of a person isnt measured on crying or not..that's sensitivity,who's kinda different.

Betty
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:31 AM
I was crying when KIM became nr.1.
From happyness!!!!!!!!!!

kell
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Never.

AgassiGirl16
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:19 AM
I broke my remote control too! It was when Monica was playing Venus at the Aus Open one year and she had this big lead? Maybe I am wrong..but I know it was Monica

Mister B
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:11 AM
I did cry when Martina lost to Capriati in AO 2002.. I wanted so much Martina to win, that would have changed everything I guess... I was SO nervous, I probably reached a level of stress I never reached again, and to see Martina losing after having this match in her hands made my cry, that was more than I could bear...

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Yes, I was 11.

I was cried "with" Monica, during the presentation after her RG 1998 loss to ASV, 7-6, 0-6, 6-2. It still hurts today :tears:

monicarules
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:19 AM
I cried all day after Hingis (a little bitch) double-bagelled my beloved Monica.

azza
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:20 AM
well i i never