PDA

View Full Version : Canadians in here (again)

Fingon
Nov 5th, 2003, 03:36 AM
I got an answer from my satellite provider about having US channels directly in Canada.

There is a formal petition to the CRTC, Starchoice is one of the companies asking for that, they want to be able to have ESPN, Fox News, HBO and Showcase (maybe some more).

They want the CRTC to authorize that and they are asking people to send a petition,

go to http://www.start.shaw.ca/ click on the HBO link and you can fill and send an online petition to the CRTC.

I know there are some heavy weights behind this so it can work, of course we won't get the YEC this year (unless TSN gets scared) but we can at least get ESPN next year, not that ESPN is great but compared to TSNshit and Rogers Sportscrap it's fantastic!

ToeTag
Nov 5th, 2003, 03:45 AM
have ESPN, Fox News, HBO and Showcase (maybe some more).

showcase is Canadian

tennisIlove09
Nov 5th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Thanks for that!

disposablehero
Nov 5th, 2003, 02:06 PM
have ESPN, Fox News, HBO and Showcase (maybe some more).

showcase is Canadian

Showcase rules! Especially Sunday night. 2 episodes of Trailer Park Boys, Six Feet Under, and Is Harry On The Boat.

Hawk
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Cool! I hope it works ;)

disposablehero
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Formal petition has been denied. Apparently the emperor was unimpressed with the case his serfs brought before him.

beauty_is_pink
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:21 AM
This is disgusting! One of the major tournaments left in the season and it's not being shown!!! Is TSN retarded or something! Cant they see that the YEC is as important as a GS!!! damnit!

tennisIlove09
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:26 AM
Formal petition has been denied. Apparently the emperor was unimpressed with the case his serfs brought before him.

:eek: :sad:

CanadianBoy21
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:27 AM
Seriously, I was rather dissapointed by coverage that TSN and Sportcenter provided when I haded over two years ago. I couldn't wait to cancel that shit. Canada is a leading country in my opinion internationally in all aspects, and should have decent sport channels :rolleyes:
Yes, Hockey and Baseball are big in Canada, but they are not the only sports. If Canada wants to produce other sports starts they will have to let people know that the sports actually EXIST here!!
I have Espn now, I encourage all Canadians to boycott Tsn And SC by getting a satellite.
They pissed me off sooooo much when I had it. I remember them having on the schedule the Indian Wells Querters between Lindsay and Serena, and the finals between Kim and Serena, needless to say, they did not show it.
:rolleyes: