PDA

View Full Version : Davenport Plans To Return In January

Venus Forever
Nov 5th, 2003, 01:58 AM
Davenport plans to return in January

November 4, 2003
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) -- Lindsay Davenport is ahead of schedule in her recovery from foot surgery and plans to return to the WTA Tour in January.

Davenport had a small nerve between two toes in her left foot removed Oct. 15.

``I can walk and I don't feel any pain,'' she said while attending a charity event Monday night.

The Australian Open, the first Grand Slam tournament of the year, begins Jan. 19.

Davenport, ranked fourth, will miss this week's season-ending WTA Championships in Los Angeles. She hasn't played since last month, when she lost in the quarterfinals in Filderstadt, Germany, while testing the injury before having surgery.

She plans to resume hitting the first week of December, and hopes to be practicing at full strength by Christmas.

``I'm pretty confident that I'll be fine,'' she said.

Davenport plans to play a warmup event in Sydney beginning Jan. 12.

Andrew.
Nov 5th, 2003, 02:00 AM
:worship: Lindsay! :worship:

:kiss:

Jericho
Nov 5th, 2003, 02:02 AM
yey lindsay!!! come back hitting harder than ever!!!

Leo_DFP
Nov 5th, 2003, 02:29 AM
:bounce: :kiss:

Comeback from 1st surgery was a bust ... Comeback after 2nd surgery will be a blast :D

bello
Nov 5th, 2003, 02:45 AM
Good luck with it all Linds, youre one of the nicest on tour i reckon!!!

LiliaLee-Frazier
Nov 5th, 2003, 02:46 AM
Good luck with it all Linds, youre one of the nicest on tour i reckon!!!

Thats right! :D And now with that sexy longer hair one of the HOTTEST... ;) :hearts: :kiss:

bandabou
Nov 5th, 2003, 02:50 AM
Yeah, great.....if blast means finally winning some titles, definetely. Slams though......

kyk710
Nov 5th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Even though I'm not a big fan this is great news for Lindsay - hopefully she will be in top shape for the 2004 season. Good luck Lindsay!

DEETHELICK
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Good for Lindsay, this year has been so-so for her. Without that damn nerve, hopefully she (in addition to Serena, Venus and Monica) will come back stronger than ever and we'll have an ultra-competitive WTA tour. :)

Nikki
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Good luck Lindsay:bounce:

Harju.
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Lindsay :worship: Good luck in capturing your first event for the season in sydney ;)

twight6
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Lindsay :worship:

7~LV3
Nov 5th, 2003, 03:52 PM
no offence but, i wish that she shouldnt have gotten her schedule tighter and should have played a lighter tournament at first. cuz now, she would play 3 weeks in a row...

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 5th, 2003, 05:37 PM
GO Lindsay!!!!!

Mrs. Peel
Nov 5th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Great news from Lindsay!!! There were some matches at the end of the year where she was in control and doing so well then her foot would let her down! I am so glad the surgery was successful! :bounce:

Maajken
Nov 5th, 2003, 06:58 PM
:bounce:

tennisIlove09
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:04 PM
no offence but, i wish that she shouldnt have gotten her schedule tighter and should have played a lighter tournament at first. cuz now, she would play 3 weeks in a row...

Which she has done for years, including 2000 when she won the Australian.

jimbo mack
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:06 PM
cant wait till u come back lindsay!!

add to that long list of titles!!!

jenny161185
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:26 PM
this is great after wimbledon I was afraid she might retire but the last few weeks -round the open she's really seemed like she wants to play - I still think when she's on she has a good chance against the sisters . Good luck Lindsay