PDA

View Full Version : Jade Curtis

Pages : [1] 2

*hingis_forever*
Nov 4th, 2003, 10:46 PM
I think she has lots of potential considering her win over Ilke Gers who took a set off of Tanasugarn today! I know it's early, but do you think she has top 50 potential or even top 20?

tim4
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:27 PM
It's much too early to say. I hope she can do well, but she's only 13 and a lot can happen in the next few years that might affect her chances of becoming world-class. But for 13 she looks every bit like a good young player and I only hope she develops as the years roll by.

*hingis_forever*
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:35 PM
It's much too early to say. I hope she can do well, but she's only 13 and a lot can happen in the next few years that might affect her chances of becoming world-class. But for 13 she looks every bit like a good young player and I only hope she develops as the years roll by.
i guess you're right but I'm just excited to see a potentially great player from United Kingdom!

Monica_Rules
Nov 15th, 2003, 05:34 PM
I'd say shes our brightest prospect for a while but who knows she may decide to give up tennis.

I just hope she can fulfill her ambitions in tennis

*hingis_forever*
Mar 1st, 2004, 01:26 AM
*bump*

I was just wondering, does anyone know if she'll start playing challenger tournaments when she turns 14 this year?

Monica_Rules
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:40 PM
I'm sure the LTA are dying to give her some WC's she might play the 10k's in the summer like wrexham and london!

grmbl
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:40 PM
She's not a worldclass 13 yo junior like Krajicek, Vaidisova and Kleybanova. But it's too early to predict her future..

tim4
Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:52 PM
She was featured on the BBC SouthWest 'Spotlight' news programme a few weeks back. Still seems serious about playing tennis. Let's hope she will indeed be able to enter some 10K's when she's 14.

hoekie274
Apr 11th, 2004, 02:14 PM
I think she has lots of potential considering her win over Ilke Gers who took a set off of Tanasugarn today! I know it's early, but do you think she has top 50 potential or even top 20?

I´m sorry to say that I think that Jade Curtis is overshouted. I saw the documentary on BBC and I wasn´t impressed at all. She´s blown away a couple of times (0-6) against a few junior opponents. She will never be a top junior player and it will be a surprise to me if she´s ever gonna make it on the WTA-rankings. Highest position in her career? I think 783, like a lot of other ´supposed to be´ talented players.

*hingis_forever*
Apr 11th, 2004, 04:20 PM
I´m sorry to say that I think that Jade Curtis is overshouted. I saw the documentary on BBC and I wasn´t impressed at all. She´s blown away a couple of times (0-6) against a few junior opponents. She will never be a top junior player and it will be a surprise to me if she´s ever gonna make it on the WTA-rankings. Highest position in her career? I think 783, like a lot of other ´supposed to be´ talented players.
I think that's a bit harsh! I mean, it's been, I don't know, 5 or 6 years since Britain had a decent player so of course she's going to get hyped! She is also 13 and can only better from here!

WIMBY
May 5th, 2004, 11:38 PM
As some have predicted, Jade turned 14 and entered her first 10K. Well done Jade, a great British prospect. :wavey: :wavey:

Monica_Rules
May 7th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Well She qualified and got some ranking points.

A ranking of 783 yeah whatever.I think shes a top 500 player at least

WIMBY
Dec 19th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Unfortunately Jade did not do so well in the singles this year but did take the 16's doubles title. Well done Jade. Good luck in 2005 :bounce:

Gowza
Dec 20th, 2004, 05:07 AM
to early to tell how good of a player she can be. would be good if she was a good singles player for british tennis but if she becomes a good doubles player it would be nearly as good for british tennis, just to see someone doing well at the highest level would be nice.

ae wowww
Dec 27th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Go Jade!!

*hingis_forever*
Feb 24th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Jade will play in the upcoming 10Ks in Britain. Hopefully she can get a breakthrough in one of them and make a semifinal or final or MAYBE win one! :drool: She needs to catch up to some other 1990 juniors like Caroline Wozniacki and Sorana Cirstea! That not any more talented than her IMO! ;)

Szymanowski
Feb 28th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I've heard good things, but the press has turned her into a bit of an andrew murray - too early too say how she will do;)

*hingis_forever*
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Jade pulled out of the upcoming Brit 10Ks! :sad: Maybe she got qualifying WCs into IW and Miami! ;)

*hingis_forever*
Mar 9th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Jade is playing the Costa Rica Bowl junior tournament grade 3 and she won her first round over Julie Stas 76 61. In the second round she plays Andrea Weedon! Go Jade!

ae wowww
Mar 10th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Any pics? I heard she got laid by a 21 year old recently..

*hingis_forever*
Mar 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Any pics? I heard she got laid by a 21 year old recently..
:lol: :rolls: where'd you hear that?

ae wowww
Mar 10th, 2005, 10:13 PM
:lol: :rolls: where'd you hear that?

My mate told me, he shared a court with her a few days ago at Sutton-said she was looking :devil: fit hehe!

*hingis_forever*
Mar 11th, 2005, 12:19 AM
My mate told me, he shared a court with her a few days ago at Sutton-said she was looking :devil: fit hehe!
I must admit she is pretty fit! :drool:

*hingis_forever*
Mar 24th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Jade is once again playing in the Luxilon Cup, the Nasdaq-100 Open exhibition tournament got juniors. Should be some tough matches and good experience for her.

ae wowww
Mar 24th, 2005, 06:34 AM
Good luck in the Luxilon Cup, JC!

Monica_Rules
Mar 24th, 2005, 02:26 PM
OMG Shes not even 15 yet and you talk about her being fit :vomit:

*hingis_forever*
Mar 24th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Yeah butI'm only 16! ;)

ae wowww
Mar 24th, 2005, 11:05 PM

Yeah, wtafan is 16, and I'm 15 too :lol: It's legal!

Monica_Rules
Mar 26th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Oh Thats ok then. Me being 20 would be kinda disturbing

*hingis_forever*
Mar 26th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Oh Thats ok then. Me being 20 would be kinda disturbing
:lol: You're not that 21 year old aewowww's talking about are you? ;)

ae wowww
Mar 26th, 2005, 06:54 PM
:lol: You're not that 21 year old aewowww's talking about are you? ;)

:lol:!

ae wowww
Mar 29th, 2005, 05:46 PM
on Court A, Jade is a set and a break up over J.Stevens

ae wowww
Mar 29th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Got a second match point at 40-AD on Stevens serve at 5-3

ae wowww
Mar 29th, 2005, 05:47 PM
J.Curtis def. J.Stevens 7-6(4), 6-3.

Stats on the site :D Well done JC!

*hingis_forever*
Mar 30th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Jade is currently down 2-3* to Wozniak but she's already won as many games as against Cohen last year.

*hingis_forever*
Mar 31st, 2005, 01:14 AM
Jade lost 63 64. :sad: She had many 15-40, 0-40, 0-30 chances but didn't take them. Her first serve let her down at only 38%. Still a good showing from her and it shows she can mix it with the best juniors and decent pros. Get in the top 20 in juniors Jade! :yeah:

ae wowww
Mar 31st, 2005, 06:40 AM
Jade lost 63 64. :sad: She had many 15-40, 0-40, 0-30 chances but didn't take them. Her first serve let her down at only 38%. Still a good showing from her and it shows she can mix it with the best juniors and decent pros. Get in the top 20 in juniors Jade! :yeah:

:sad: Shame! Played so well in the first round, unlucky Jade-still so young, go for it!

(I had a dream with Jade in the other night :))

*hingis_forever*
Apr 3rd, 2005, 06:33 PM
Well, Alexandra Wozniak said she was really impressed with Jade and said she reminded her of Amanda Coetzer! Those are very nice words from Wozniak and hopefully Jade hears these words and gains some confidence form it! Good luck this week in the USTA Spring Championships Grade 1 junior event! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Apr 18th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Jade has won a couple grade 4 events in the Caribbean these past two weeks and also won a doubles title. This should push her junior ranking to around 112. Go Jade!

Monica_Rules
Apr 19th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Good year so far for Jade.

Shes still only 14 and has already had a better junior career than most brits over the past 10 years.I hope she can step up a level now and play more grade 2's and 1's. As the british #1 junior shes surely going to play maindraw wimbledon this year.

Trent Reznor
Apr 20th, 2005, 04:11 AM
When she gets control of her emotions and mind she'll be a great player. She hits and moves so well.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:03 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4469393.stm

Caribbean queen

British 14-year-old Jade Curtis is highly regarded in the junior tennis world.

Despite her age, she is marching towards a top-100 ranking with potentially three years still left to play at junior level.

Here, in the first of what will become regular diary entries for BBC Sport Academy, she explains why she chooses to play on the international circuit and the sacrifices she has to make.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gifJade Curtis facts
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41060000/jpg/_41060631_jade270.jpg
World junior ranking: 114
Titles: Barbados, Guadeloupe, Jamaica
Interests: Shopping, reading, music, movies

Both my parents are tennis coaches and I've been playing since I was five years old.

When I'm in America I train in Boca Raton which is just north of Miami, not far from the Bollettieri Tennis Academy.

That's been really good because there's a lot of professionals who live there so you see Andy Roddick, Vince Spadea and even Chris Evert lives and trains in the area.

I've always wanted to be a professional and hopefully, after a couple of recent wins in Barbados and Guadeloupe, I'm on my way to getting there.

I'm not 15 until May but the reason I play in these tournaments is to play at a higher level.

It's pretty common in the tennis world. I'm playing against girls the same age as me or, even now, maybe a year younger.

In ITF junior tournaments you don't get prize money, it's all for points and trophies. The higher level the tournament, the more points you get.

I'm pretty new to under-18 tournaments but now I want to play more of them to climb the rankings and get in the junior Grand Slams. Starting with the French Open.

Perfectionist

Am I a typical tennis teenager? Well I'm competitive but I'm nice about it. You can't be competitive all the time.

You've got to let it go sometimes. I get down but usually it's not for a long time. I'm quite a positive person.

I do show quite a lot of emotion on court - sometimes too much in a negative way - but I'll pump my fists and shout "C'mon" after a good shot.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41060000/jpg/_41060629_jade203.jpg Jade says she likes to show emotion on the court

And I can be hard on myself. I'm a bit of perfectionist because I'm always striving to play better.

Even though I won the two tournaments in the last two weeks, I wasn't pleased with the way I played.

So far this season I've been playing in Costa Rica, America and I'll be heading back to Europe this week - so it's been non-stop really.

Life is pretty much a road trip at the minute, I'm fast using all the pages in my passport. I travel with my dad who is my coach.

But I enjoy it. If you lose early in a tournament you can get to see the place where you are staying.

School work

I don't go to school anymore but I'm still attached to a school near Plymouth in the UK who give me school work and exams but I mainly do it out of school.

I've already done my Maths GCSE and I'm doing my Science GCSE in June at the community college when I'm home again.

Cornwall is my home but I don't get back very often! I miss it quite a lot as my family are there and especially my mum - I don't get to see her that much.

It's very difficult to stay in touch with my friends because they have their own life and they don't see much of what I do. They think my life is great, they think I'm skiving off school all the time but they're nice about it! We're on email most of the time - I don't know what I'd do without it! When I train I'll do four hours of tennis, then fitness work, followed by school work. Barbados was great but it's not exactly a holiday.

Monica_Rules
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
I just read that before too.

I wonder where she'll play in europe before Roland Garros. Maybe Edinbrough or Bournmouth 10k's and a few junior events.

*hingis_forever*
Apr 26th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Jade is the # 1 seed in a grade 3 Spanish tournament! She is head and shoulders above the field here in terms of results and talent! Hopefully she can win the singles and doubles title which would put at her at app. 92 in the world! Go Jade!

(I guess this means she is playing the $10K in Tortosa, Spain next week instead of Edinburgh.)

*hingis_forever*
Apr 26th, 2005, 02:21 AM
When she gets control of her emotions and mind she'll be a great player. She hits and moves so well.
You've seen her play? How does she play?

Monica_Rules
Apr 27th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I worked out she'd get to 87 by winning both.

*hingis_forever*
Apr 28th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I worked out she'd get to 87 by winning both.
Even better! ;)

paul_masterton
Apr 29th, 2005, 12:44 PM
she lost in teh QF :sad:

but still going in the doubles :)

*hingis_forever*
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:03 AM
She lost in the doubles final in 3 sets! :sad: Not a great week for Jade but it will be interesting to see how she does next week at the Tortosaa $10K challenger!

*hingis_forever*
Jun 7th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Jade is in the Wimbledon wildcard playoff draw and won her first round over Katie Miles 61 62! Go Jade! Get that wildcard!!!!!!! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Jun 8th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Jade beat Claire Peterzan in the second of playoffs 26 63 64!!!! :eek:
Keep it up Jade!!! She plays Karen Paterson next!!!! Go Jade!!!! :woohoo:

VeeDaQueen
Jun 9th, 2005, 11:21 AM
If she wins, will she be in the main draw or qualifying draw?

*hingis_forever*
Jun 9th, 2005, 11:41 AM
If she wins, will she be in the main draw or qualifying draw?
main draw. I think the winner and runner-up get main draw WCs while the remaining quarterfinalists get qualifying Wcs.

dododo
Jun 9th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Where do you find those scores?

*hingis_forever*
Jun 9th, 2005, 12:07 PM
http://www.lta.org.uk/SeeTheAction/Results/National/050607WimbledonWC.htm

*hingis_forever*
Jun 9th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Jade beat Paterson 76(4) 63 :bounce: :eek: :bounce: :woohoo:
I'm sooooooo happy for her!!!!!! Hopefully she can beat Rebecca Llewellyn later today!!!!!!!!!!

paul_masterton
Jun 9th, 2005, 06:44 PM
well done jade :) but am gutted it was at karens expense

*hingis_forever*
Jun 9th, 2005, 06:47 PM
well done jade :) but am gutted it was at karens expense
This is a Jade cheering thread not a sulking thread for Karen!!! :p

Monica_Rules
Jun 9th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Jade lost to Becky Llewellyn but is sure to get a quallies WC

*hingis_forever*
Jun 12th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Well it was still a fantastic week for Jade!!! Good luck at Wimbledon quallies! :D

Monica_Rules
Jun 13th, 2005, 01:20 AM
At 15 is she the youngest brit to play at wimbledon seniors in how long?

alwayshingis
Jun 13th, 2005, 02:11 AM
I really hope Jade can have some success in the Qualifying for Wimbledon. This is a huge opportunity for her to make some noise in british tennis. We don't often have much to be excited about, but I hope the pressure doesn't get to her. With the right draw I think she can win a match or two...I hope that's not just wishful thinking.

*hingis_forever*
Jun 13th, 2005, 04:51 AM
I really hope Jade can have some success in the Qualifying for Wimbledon. This is a huge opportunity for her to make some noise in british tennis. We don't often have much to be excited about, but I hope the pressure doesn't get to her. With the right draw I think she can win a match or two...I hope that's not just wishful thinking.
I think if she draws another Brit in the first round she may win but two wins is probably a bit too much! Prove me wrong though Jade!!! Hopefully she can do well next week in the Roehampton junior Grade 1 tournament and get even more confidence!!!! Go Jade! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I'm really interested to see her draw for qualifying! Hopefully she plays a claycourter. ;)

alwayshingis
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I'm really interested to see her draw for qualifying! Hopefully she plays a claycourter. ;)

Yeah exactly...I'm hoping another Brit or a claycourter...Maybe a British claycourter!! Oh....wait.....no.... :lol: If she existed, Jade would definitely beat her.

*hingis_forever*
Jun 13th, 2005, 06:52 PM
lol!!! :lol: Maybe someone like Camille Pin. ;)

alwayshingis
Jun 13th, 2005, 07:04 PM
She drew #15 seed Tzipora obziler in the first round.

*hingis_forever*
Jun 13th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Go Jade!!!! Will be tough but surely it is a breakthrough opportunity! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Jun 14th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Jade lost 63 60! :sad:
I guess the opponent and the occasion was a little too much for her!

*hingis_forever*
Jun 17th, 2005, 11:19 PM
With the right partner, I bet Jade could do very well at Junior Wimbledon doubles. Also, if she continues to play like she did at the wildcard playoffs, she could do some damage in the singles! Go Jade! :bounce: :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Jun 19th, 2005, 02:46 AM
I found these pictures of Jade from this year's Astrid Bowl!

http://photo910.tripod.com/gkopihtm/gkopi/c6333g4.jpg

http://photo910.tripod.com/gkopihtm/gkopi/c6333g6.jpg

http://photo910.tripod.com/gkopihtm/gkopi/c6333g5.jpg

http://photo910.tripod.com/gkopihtm/gkopi/c6333g3.jpg

http://photo910.tripod.com/gkopihtm/gkopi/c6333g2.jpg

http://photo910.tripod.com/gkopihtm/gkopi/c6333g1.jpg

*hingis_forever*
Jun 20th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Jade played in the LTA Roehampton junior grade 1 tournament and lost in 3 sets 63 67(9) 63 to the junior world number 15, Bibiane Schoofs. :sad:
A pretty good effort considering the rankings difference!

*hingis_forever*
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Jade plays Olivia Lukaszewicz in the Wimbledon girls first round. Tough but it she wants t break the top 100 in juniors she has to beat her! Go Jade! :bounce:

Monica_Rules
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:04 AM
she lost 6-4 6-3:sad:

*hingis_forever*
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:42 PM
She seems to be at a wierd point in her junior career because she seems too good to play the grade 4s and 5s but out of her depth in the grade As, 1s, and 2s. Maybe she should play some more grade 3s to get some wins over people ranked just a little above her!

*hingis_forever*
Jun 26th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Hopefully she can have a good run in the doubles with Sabine Lisicki! With a few wins she could break the top 100! :D

Stingray
Jul 23rd, 2005, 04:19 PM
She has made Doubles semi and singles QF (so far) of G2 SATPC tournament in South Africa . Should be top 100 after this :bigclap:

*hingis_forever*
Jul 23rd, 2005, 04:35 PM
She has made Doubles semi and singles QF (so far) of G2 SATPC tournament in South Africa . Should be top 100 after this :bigclap:
Actually, I believe she has to win the doubles and make the semis in singles to break the top 100. :sad: A qf in singles and a sf in doubles wouldn't make her top 6 results I don't think.

Monica_Rules
Jul 23rd, 2005, 10:53 PM
If she gets the the final or wins here it would be great another step up into the top 100 and hopefully means she is improving and in a year might be challanging for the junior slams.

Hope to see her in wrexham if she's still commintted.

*hingis_forever*
Jul 25th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Jade lost in the final to Stephanie Herz 64 61. :sad: but :D on making the final of a grade 2 event! She is also in the doubles final with Stephanie Herz. She will be at least around 85 in the world now and about 77 if she wins the doubles! :bounce: Hopefully another good week next week and she can move on to the top 50! :eek:

Stingray
Jul 25th, 2005, 04:14 PM
She won the doubles :D And is number 80

HTE
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Hi guys, hope you don't mind me having a share in the chearing for Jade :lol:

Jade is playing the G2 PIC Junior ITF Tournament,South Africa this week, she is seeded #3 and is through to the 3rd. round after beating Rebekka Seipel 6-2, 6-1 :)

*hingis_forever*
Jul 27th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Hi guys, hope you don't mind me having a share in the chearing for Jade :lol:

Jade is playing the G2 PIC Junior ITF Tournament,South Africa this week, she is seeded #3 and is through to the 3rd. round after beating Rebekka Seipel 6-2, 6-1 :)
LOL, we need all the cheering we can get! :bounce: :woohoo: Hopefully she can make the final! Her quarterfinal is tough though if she can get by Engela Olivier. She will probably play Maria Mosolova in the quarters, who is having some decent results. If she gets through that, I would favour her chances to making the final, beating Mawisire in the semis, who she beat last week, albeit 7-5 in the third! :D

Monica_Rules
Jul 28th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Go Jade:D

If she can get to the final or win here she'll climb into the 50's

Highest ranked junior brit since Jane O'Donaghue was in the 20's on 2001 i think.

Stingray
Jul 28th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Jane o Donoghue was in the 20s?!
Good for Jade, she seems a good player, who seems to be consistent (which is more than can be said for other Brit girls)

*hingis_forever*
Jul 29th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Jade beat Engela Olivier in the 3rd round 61 63 and plays Maria Mosolova in the quarterfinal! She is also in the doubles semis with Herz as they scraped through in a third set tb. Go Jade! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Jul 31st, 2005, 04:12 PM
Jade lost in the quarterfinal to Maria Mosolova 46 64 61! :sad:

HTE
Jul 31st, 2005, 04:48 PM
tb Jade :sad: but Mosolova is really strong.

Jade and Stephanie lost their doubles semi :(
KARAEVA (UKR) / MOSOLOVA (RUS) defeated CURTIS (GBR) / HERZ (NED) 75 30

*hingis_forever*
Jul 31st, 2005, 06:06 PM
tb Jade :sad: but Mosolova is really strong.

Jade and Stephanie lost their doubles semi :(
KARAEVA (UKR) / MOSOLOVA (RUS) defeated CURTIS (GBR) / HERZ (NED) 75 30
Oh no! A retirement! :scared: Whoever was injured, I hope they're ok! :hug:

*hingis_forever*
Jul 31st, 2005, 11:12 PM
Jade is in qualifying at Wrexham $10K and plays Paula Marama in the first round. Marama hasn't played since April so Jade has a great chance of winning that match.

*hingis_forever*
Aug 1st, 2005, 03:39 PM
Jade lost to Marama 06 76 62 after leading 60 41! :sad: :(
Could of been a nice win, instead it was a bad loss!

HTE
Aug 1st, 2005, 03:56 PM
:sad: that's a really big lead to blow, hopefully she'll be able to focus on the positive moments from the match.

*hingis_forever*
Aug 7th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Jade is playing another $10K qualifying and plays Anasatasia Revzina of Russia in the first round. That will be tough seeing as Revzina's a pretty talented 16 year old. Go Jade though! :D

HTE
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:16 PM
tough opener but Jade can do it :)

*hingis_forever*
Aug 8th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Jade won 16 63 62! :eek: :woohoo: She plays Elsa Morel in the final round of qualifying. Morel used to be a decent player but I noticed that she appears to just now be coming from a 3 year long injury, so a great chance for Jade to make the main draw! :D

HTE
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:02 PM
most excellent comeback by Jade, really impressive after the experience last time when she blew her match after such a big lead :bounce:

Monica_Rules
Aug 9th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Go Jade!

Her mactch against Marama was weird

for a set and a half Jade was golden but Marama missed quite a bit. Then Paula got her serve going and Jade started to faulter. In the final set Jade was going for her shots even more but missed more than she made.

Good to see her get a win here. hope she can qualify and get a ranking.

*hingis_forever*
Aug 9th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Jade lost to Elsa Morel 76 64! :( :sad:

HTE
Aug 9th, 2005, 08:55 PM
yeah really :sad: :sad: that Jade couldn't pull this one off. I would have loved to see her qualify, perhaps next time :)

Does anyone know her schedule?

*hingis_forever*
Aug 12th, 2005, 03:40 PM
yeah really :sad: :sad: that Jade couldn't pull this one off. I would have loved to see her qualify, perhaps next time :)

Does anyone know her schedule?
She's playing next weeks $10K in Nottingham where the draw is considerably weaker and she will be seeded in qualifying, most likely. Would love to see her get a world ranking! :)

HTE
Aug 12th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Thx :) looks like she might have a good chance for qualifying there, would be great :)

Saw that she's on the entry list for the Canadian Open, that's going to be really tough to make an impact there, unless she gets a really good draw.

*hingis_forever*
Aug 14th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Jade plays Charlotte Martin in the Nottingham qualifying first round. If she wins that she would have to face Laura Peterzan! Tough draw for Jade! :(

HTE
Aug 14th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Jade plays Charlotte Martin in the Nottingham qualifying first round. If she wins that she would have to face Laura Peterzan! Tough draw for Jade! :(

What kind of player is Martin?

Laura P. is going to be tough though :(

*hingis_forever*
Aug 14th, 2005, 08:33 PM
What kind of player is Martin?

Laura P. is going to be tough though :(
I'm not sure but she only has a 1-4 record in challengers so I'd be surprised if Jade lost!

HTE
Aug 15th, 2005, 05:17 PM
no first round problems for Jade: Jade Curtis GBR d. Charlotte Martin GBR 6-3, 6-1 :yeah:

good luck against Laura P.

*hingis_forever*
Aug 15th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Easy part is over! Now comes the challenge! :devil: :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Jade beat Laura 64 64! :eek: :woohoo:
That must be her best win so far! Now she will get a ranking! :D

HTE
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Such an important win for Jade :bounce:

She's well under way in doubles too
Curtis/Dillon d. Hingsley/Savic 62 63

*hingis_forever*
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Jade has a nice draw as she faces qualifier Radhika Tulpule in the first round and then probably Claire Ricketts. Go Jade! :bounce:

HTE
Aug 16th, 2005, 07:20 PM
That Indian girl's latest results aren't impressive but she won a 10K once, still she should be manageable for Jade ;)

*hingis_forever*
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Jade won 61 60! :D :bounce:
I knew she would win but 61 60 is very impressive! Keep going Jade! :D

HTE
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Good girl Jade ;)

HTE
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Jade is still cruising in the doubles as well :yeah:
Curtis/Dillon GBR/IRL d. (2) Brown/Thomas GBR 6-2, 6-3

*hingis_forever*
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Jade won 62 75! :woohoo: :D
Now she faces the other Claire who she has already beaten this year! Go Jade! :bounce:

HTE
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Yay Jade, fine run so far :yeah:

She beat Laura so she should have a great chance against Claire :D
Good luck :)

*hingis_forever*
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:35 PM
She's also in the doubles final!
Curtis/Dillon GBR/IRL d.(4) Berry/Richards GBR 6-4, 7-6(6) :yeah:

HTE
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:42 PM
She's also in the doubles final!
Curtis/Dillon GBR/IRL d.(4) Berry/Richards GBR 6-4, 7-6(6) :yeah:

Great :) they just keep beating seeded pairs, a title would be cool :)

Stingray
Aug 19th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Nice to see Jade making first steps on senior circuit.

Stingray
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:52 PM
1/4 final
Jade Curtis d. Claire Peterzan 63 16 63

*hingis_forever*
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Jade :eek: :D :woohoo:
She plays Rebecca Fong in the semis so she has a great shot at the final! :D

*hingis_forever*
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Jade also won the doubles title with Rachael Dillon over Claire Peterzan and Marie Bauduoin (sp?) 62 63! :bounce:
Great tournament so far for Jade! :D

HTE
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:12 PM
:worship:

Stingray
Aug 19th, 2005, 09:23 PM
HTE great to see your support, was just wonderin how u came across Ms. Curtis?

HTE
Aug 20th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Jade lost her semi :sad:
(8) Rebecca Fong GBR d. Q Jade Curtis GBR 2-6, 6-4, 6-3

Excellent tournament anyway, really well done Jade :yeah:

Stingray --> I think I heard about Jade for the first time during junior Wimbledon last year, not sure though :)

*hingis_forever*
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Jade :sad: That's a bad loss! Pretty good tournament however! :)

*hingis_forever*
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:31 PM
Jade is in the $10K Westende main draw and faces Samia Medjahdi in the first round. I don't know much about her but I suppose Jade's in with a shot in this match going by her recent form! Go Jade! :bounce:

WIMBY
Aug 23rd, 2005, 11:53 PM
Well done Jade on gaining your ranking and good luck in the US Open Junior qualies event :wavey:

Hello
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:01 PM
bump

*hingis_forever*
Sep 4th, 2005, 02:42 AM
Jade played tha Canadian Open junior grade 1 event and lost to Alexandra Panova 64 61 in the first round but made the doubles final. She is also in the US Open junior main draw and plays Erika Sema in the first round. I don't know if that means she qualified or not but it's good to see her in the draw! Go Jade! :bounce:

HTE
Sep 4th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Good luck Jade :)

WIMBY
Sep 4th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Good luck Jade :wavey:

spiceboy
Sep 12th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Not a good sign IMO...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2094-1774252,00.html

(...)

Sharapova is not the first female to have angered a parent who doubled as coach. Only last week Britain’s 15-year-old hopeful Jade Curtis, playing in the US Open junior tournament, appeared dismayed when her stepfather, Jason Spence, marched away from courtside midway through a first-round defeat.

(...)

Monica_Rules
Sep 12th, 2005, 10:17 PM
When i saw her play wrexham and Jade got 'emotional'. he stepped to the side of the court and told her to enjoy it or i'll withdraw you. at least thats what i heard.

*hingis_forever*
Sep 13th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Jade is the #14 seed at the Kentucky junior grade 1 event this week and received a first round bye before defeating Jillian O'neill 64 63. She plays Amina Rakhim next! She's all playing doubles with Sharon Fichman as the #4 seeded duo! GO Jade! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Sep 15th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Jade lost 75 61 to Rakhim! :sad: Had she of won that firsof maybe pulled off a nice top 25 scalp! Good try though Jade! :D

Monica_Rules
Sep 15th, 2005, 07:17 PM
These are the kinds of matches she needs to win like her 1st round match at the US open.

I'm sure her big breakthrough is just round the corner.

jamatthews
Sep 27th, 2005, 07:07 PM
She was entered into the 10K Morelia this week but she withdrew on the 22nd... :sad:

Next Week: ?
10th Oct: Victoria 25K*
17th Oct: Makinohara 25K**

*28th Alternate
**42nd Alternate

Who knows whether she'll get into either of those events...

HTE
Sep 27th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Doesn't look to good when she's that low on the alternates list :(

jamatthews
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Doesn't look to good when she's that low on the alternates list :(

She's already moved up 3 spots on the Japan list, and there's still over 2 weeks to go til it starts...quite a few with other priorities likely to come off the list tooo...

jamatthews
Sep 28th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Her next diary entry for BBC...

------------------------------

I'm back over in Boca Raton in Florida after the junior US Open.

Luckily the hurricanes haven't hit here too badly. It's been wet and windy and people further south in Miami had to evacuate their homes because of Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita.

The images on the TV over here have been really bad, it's just been complete devastation for some people.

It's strange how it's been going on for over a month, it's almost like people have had to get used to it.

It has been shocking though, I didn't realise how bad the damage would be.

Given the events of the last month the junior US Open seems a long time ago now, but it was an eye-opener for me.

Originally I hadn't qualified for the main draw, but because I made the finals in the doubles of a Canadian tournament the week before, I got a special exemption through qualifying.

My first taste of Flushing Meadows didn't last that long - I lost in the first round to a Japanese girl - but it was good fun.

The atmosphere was the biggest difference. American fans are a bit crazy and a lot louder than English fans at Wimbledon.

They really get behind their home-based players and you probably saw that with James Blake. I really wanted him to win against Andre Agassi in the semi-finals.

My match was a close one. I lost a first set tie-break but it was a great feeling just to be part of it all.

Five-star treatment

Contrary to Wimbledon, you get to sit and eat with all the senior players.

And there's a huge lounge with video arcades and all sorts of stuff - they really look after you.

It's good when Maria Sharapova and Andre Agassi are in the same room. It makes you feel like you are closer to your goal of making it.

But I don't get wide-eyed when I see players like that, I just try and play it cool.

The other difference is that rather than the university digs you get at Wimbledon, we stayed at the Grand Hyatt hotel just off Fifth Avenue.

If you make the main draw they pay for all that. In fact Wimbledon is the only junior Grand Slam where you don't get a nice hotel!

We got a day to see New York and it was amazing just how busy and vibrant the city was.

I went to see the Statue of Liberty and Times Square. It was really cool, it felt like I was in a film.

Despite the glitz of NYC, actually playing at Flushing Meadows was the highlight.

Just having a taste of that environment has given me an appetite for more.

Another step on the ladder

I recently gained my first WTA ranking after playing a couple of $10,000 tournaments in the UK before I went to America.

I might be ranked over the 1000 mark but the ranking will help me get into more WTA tournaments in the future. Really it's the first step on the senior ladder.

In the meantime my junior ranking is 78 and I need to get to the top 64 to make the main draw in the Grand Slams next year.

There's a Grade A tournament coming up in Japan which is the equivalent of a Grand Slam so if I do well hopefully I can get into that grouping.

I'll let you know how I get on in a couple of weeks in my last diary of the season.

Monica_Rules
Sep 30th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Nice diary entry.

She really does have her feet set firmly on the ground on knows what she needs to do.

Hope to see her play he maindraw at the AUS open and win a few matches too.

*hingis_forever*
Oct 1st, 2005, 08:08 PM
It will be good if Jade could start closing the gap between her and some of the other 1990 born players such as, Wozniacki, Fichman, Paszek, Tatishvili, Cirstea, and Cornet.

jamatthews
Oct 2nd, 2005, 12:32 PM
I'd quite like to see the LTA try to hook her up with a big doubles player and give them main draw WC's during the grass court season next year...

jamatthews
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:13 PM
She's up to 9th alternate in Mexico, I think she might get in the Quali Draw...

21st alternate in Japan, and still over a week to go so I think she should get in there...

jamatthews
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:10 AM
She's up to 9th alternate in Mexico, I think she might get in the Quali Draw...

21st alternate in Japan, and still over a week to go so I think she should get in there...

She's pulled out of Mexico, although she would have gotten in if she'd stayed on the list...I guess she probably won't play Japan either...

*hingis_forever*
Oct 4th, 2005, 06:27 PM
She's pulled out of Mexico, although she would have gotten in if she'd stayed on the list...I guess she probably won't play Japan either...
I think she probably will play Japan because there is a grade A junior tournament in Japan the week after so she might as well play it for practice! :)

jamatthews
Oct 12th, 2005, 02:02 PM
The Grade A was the same week as Mexico, no wonder she withdrew from that...

She's won her first round match and now plays Mai Iwasaki...which should be no problem...

She's up to 1st alternate on the 25K in Japan, so she should get in and the week after she's entered into a 10K in Japan also...good scheduling by a Brit? Surely not... :p

She's lost her ranking so she'll need to pick up a point in one of the 2 events...

jamatthews
Oct 12th, 2005, 08:53 PM
She's won her 2nd round match...next up Mosolova...should be tough but definitely beatable for Jade...good luck...

She's already gained an extra 20 points I think...

HTE
Oct 12th, 2005, 09:18 PM
good work Jade :)

*hingis_forever*
Nov 29th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Jade is playing the grade 1 Eddie Herr International event and plays Stephanie Herz in the first round. Should be interesting to see if she can avenge her loss from earlier this year! Go Jade! :bounce:

Europe rocks
Nov 29th, 2005, 09:08 PM
I don't really want Jade and the LTA getting together. At my local club they try to make me play like everybody else does, but because I play differently I always get the better of the big hitters! It is so much fun because they become so angry. They can't return my serve because they don't know what is going to do as it is really unpredictable (but I don't know what it is going to do either!)

*hingis_forever*
Nov 30th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Jade lost to Stephanie Herz 62 61! :mad: :sad:
Good luck in the doubles! You can go far! :D

HTE
Nov 30th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Jade :sad: but yeah good luck in doubles :)

jamatthews
Dec 1st, 2005, 09:59 PM
32 (5) Curtis/Dulgheru d. Couts/Nze 6-3;6-3

Jade will need 2 more wins to make the SF's and therefore pick up extra points...

*hingis_forever*
Dec 1st, 2005, 10:14 PM
Well done Jade! :D

jamatthews
Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:07 PM
16 (5) Curtis/Dulgheru d. Karikomi/Krauss Def (ns)

Didn't even need to play a match this time...

jamatthews
Dec 3rd, 2005, 04:22 PM
QF (5) Curtis/Dulgheru d. (3) Buzarnescu/Schoofs Wo (em)

Another bit of luck for Jade... :eek:

HTE
Dec 3rd, 2005, 05:40 PM
Nice with a semi, but can't be very fun for Jade & Alex. Hopefully they're able to play a really great match now.

*hingis_forever*
Dec 3rd, 2005, 05:42 PM
Go Jade! :bounce: A title here would put you at around 65 in the world!

jamatthews
Dec 3rd, 2005, 09:36 PM
SF (1) Morita/Wozniacki d. (5) Curtis/Dulgheru 1-6;7-5;6-4

Close match... :sad:

HTE
Dec 4th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Wd by Jade and partner to take a set off Caro/Ayumi, lot's of nice points for her :)

*hingis_forever*
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Nice week in doubles for Jade even though she only won one match! :p
Should put her at around 70! :D Now go do something in singles for a change! ;)

*hingis_forever*
Dec 5th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Jade plays Lauren Albanese in the Orange Bowl first round. That's a toughie seeing how Jade did last week against Herz! Hopefully she can get a great win though! :D

WIMBY
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Good Luck Jade :)

Monica_Rules
Dec 5th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Good luck Jade!

*hingis_forever*
Dec 6th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Jade is playing doubles with Tereza Mrdeza and they have drawn the number 2 seeded pair of Morita/Kleybanova. :scared: Tough draw! Let's win it anyway Jade and partner! :p

*hingis_forever*
Dec 6th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Jade lost to Albanese 64 64! :sad: Seems like a pretty tough match so good effort Jade! :yeah:

Stingray
Dec 26th, 2005, 04:52 PM
How does Jade play- anybody seen her?

HTE
Dec 27th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Sadly Jade lost her first match in the Copa Casablanca against home girl Nazari Urbina.
Jade was seeded 8 but lost 4-6, 5-7 :sad:

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/9317/6795jadecurtis9tm.th.jpg (http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6795jadecurtis9tm.jpg)

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/2599/6815jadecurtis6qx.th.jpg (http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6815jadecurtis6qx.jpg)

Stingray
Dec 29th, 2005, 12:47 PM
IN doubles 1/4s with Buzarnescu

HTE
Dec 29th, 2005, 02:56 PM
wd Jade :)

HTE
Dec 30th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Jade & Mihaela had a W.O. and are now in the semis :)

Monica_Rules
Dec 30th, 2005, 04:48 PM
WIll this incraese her ranking as this is a grade A event?

HTE
Dec 30th, 2005, 05:03 PM
WIll this incraese her ranking as this is a grade A event?

It definitely should, there are 80 points for a semifinal spot so I think she'll move up in the rankings :)

Monica_Rules
Dec 30th, 2005, 10:06 PM
I worked it out before a loss in the semis will see her at around 63. New career high

HTE
Jan 1st, 2006, 11:39 AM
Happy New Year Jade and fans :)

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/1120/9172buzarnescucurtis6ru.th.jpg (http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=9172buzarnescucurtis6ru.jpg)

*hingis_forever*
Jan 1st, 2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the pics HTE! She looks realy nice in them especially the last one! Hopefully her singles results will catch up to her doubles results soon! :D

Europe rocks
Jan 1st, 2006, 08:22 PM
Well done Jade. Hopefully 2006 will take her to bigger and better things. Is she now closing on a direct spot for grand slams, beacuse she was supposed to qualify for the US Open juniors, but because she did well in a doubles event, she went into the main draw.

Europe rocks
Jan 1st, 2006, 08:23 PM
Is it just me or is Jade better at doubles than singles?

jamatthews
Jan 1st, 2006, 10:31 PM
Is it just me or is Jade better at doubles than singles?

Much better, I'm guessing some of the other players have noticed too because 5 of her last 7 tournaments she's played with top players (Fichman, Dulgheru and Burzanescu)...

She's definitely in the Australian Open main draw too, and with her ranking continuing to improve she shouldn't have any trouble making the other 3 slams directly...

Europe rocks
Jan 2nd, 2006, 09:39 PM
Much better, I'm guessing some of the other players have noticed too because 5 of her last 7 tournaments she's played with top players (Fichman, Dulgheru and Burzanescu)...

She's definitely in the Australian Open main draw too, and with her ranking continuing to improve she shouldn't have any trouble making the other 3 slams directly...

Yeah, go Jade! But say in the future she was a top doubles player on the WTA tour and won titles and grand slams, do you think she would receive as much recognition as if she won the Wimbledon singles? I hope not because that would devalue everything that she had achieved.

Monica_Rules
Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:45 AM
She wouldn't but it would be a step in the right direction for GB tennis.

jamatthews
Jan 3rd, 2006, 08:34 PM
I worked it out before a loss in the semis will see her at around 63. New career high

She's actually ended up at 55, which I'm guessing is because the players born in 87 have been taken off...

HTE
Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:53 PM
She's actually ended up at 55, which I'm guessing is because the players born in 87 have been taken off...

Yeah that's the reason, but a nice jump for Jade anyway :)

Monica_Rules
Jan 4th, 2006, 01:20 PM
55 good jump. Hope she can be top 50 soon based on singles results in AUS!

Stingray
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:04 PM
hopefully she'll get a good partner for OZ and will be seeded in doubles, as well as winning a round or two in singles

*hingis_forever*
Jan 15th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Jade is getting ready for the AO by playing the grade 1 in Australia the week berfore. She plays Katerina Kramperova who is in the top 50. It's a toughie but I think Jade needs to start winning these matches! She's also playing doubles with Ellah Nze. Go Jade! :bounce:

HTE
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Jade should hava a good chance against Kramperova, she hasn't done much lately but is no doubt going to be tough.

Hopefully Jade and Ellah will get a good run in doubles at least. Good luck :)

*hingis_forever*
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Jade lost 64 64! :sad:

HTE
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:57 PM
oh no :sad:

*hingis_forever*
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:01 AM
Jade plays Elena Chernyakova in the Australian Open first round. That's a tough first round but neither seem to be in the best form! Hopefully Jade can sneak a win and upset Caroline Wozniacki in the second round! ;)

Wintermute
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
Pretty horrible draw for Jade. Sadly, current form would indicate that she's not going to make much of an impression but you never know. Best of luck to her!

HTE
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah good luck Jade, really sad that she looks to meet Caro in the second round :sad:

*hingis_forever*
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah good luck Jade, really sad that she looks to meet Caro in the second round :sad:
Yeah, but to be honest, I would be happy with just a win over Chernyakova and maybe goving Caroline a pretty good challenge. It's about time Jade started realizing her potential, (and tell her step dad to shape up or ship out) because she's got alot of talent!!! :sad:

HTE
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:01 PM
absolutely, I just want both Caro & Jade to go far in the tournament...

Haven't heard too much about Jade's dad, is he causing problems?

*hingis_forever*
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:23 PM
absolutely, I just want both Caro & Jade to go far in the tournament...

Haven't heard too much about Jade's dad, is he causing problems?
Well, he just seems to be a bit too pushy and has caused a rift between her and the LTA about funding. At the US Open last year he threatened to take her off the court for getting down on herself. He's no Damir Dokic but I don't see how he's a good influence on her.

HTE
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:13 PM
ok thx for the info :) heard about the funding part, but that seems to be a more and more common issue between player parents who want to control things and federations that also wants to have a say.

Btw. really glad he's not Damir mk. II, we could risk an oncourt war with tactical nukes if more dads were like that (Not to mention Jelena's or Mirjana's or Mary's or...)

*hingis_forever*
Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:27 AM
Well she's about to start! Go Jade! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:50 AM
Jade's serving up 3-1! Keep it up Jade! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:53 AM
Spoke too soon. She was broken straight back! :mad: You've gotta concentrate Jade!

*hingis_forever*
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:03 AM
Jade won the first set 6-2! You're doing great Jade! Get your first win at a grand slam! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:48 AM
Jade won 62 62! :D Solid win! Next up is Caroline Wozniacki! That should be fun! :devil:

HTE
Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:11 AM
well done Jade :)

Monica_Rules
Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:47 PM
Jade:)

Sweep
Jan 23rd, 2006, 04:40 PM
Good luck Jade. :)

Europe rocks
Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Well done Jade and hopefully she can win again!

*hingis_forever*
Jan 24th, 2006, 12:00 AM
I am really excited about her match with Wozniacki! For some reason I'm pretty confident about it! Go Jade! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Jan 24th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Jade lost 62 62! :sad:
Oh well. This seems to be a step in the right direction with her first slam win! :D

HTE
Jan 24th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Too bad Jadie, Caro was always going to win that, better luck next time :)

*hingis_forever*
Jan 29th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Jade is going to play exclusively challlenger tournaments until Roland Garros to "toughen" her up. I think this a great idea and I'm looking forward to see what successes it will bring. Her first tournament starts at the $10K Taupo, New Zealand in a couple days. Go Jade! :bounce:

HTE
Jan 29th, 2006, 05:21 AM
yeah sounds good, but could be quite a shock for her, hopefully she can deal with it :)

jamatthews
Jan 30th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Jade faces #3 Lauren Barnikow in the 1st round of the 10K event in Taupo...

jamatthews
Jan 30th, 2006, 12:26 PM
She's also playing doubles with Kramperova...I'm not sure if they're in the final qualifying round or if they've already qualified and just haven't been placed in the main draw yet though... :confused:

They won their opening doubles qualifying 4-0 4-0 though... :worship:

HTE
Jan 30th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Hope she can get a few wins, Go jade :yeah:

*hingis_forever*
Jan 30th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Lauren Barnikow may be the #3 seed but her results aren't too impressive. Jade should have a good chance for a win and then we'll see from there.

Monica_Rules
Jan 30th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Good luck Jade:)

*hingis_forever*
Feb 1st, 2006, 03:35 AM
Jade won but no score! :bounce: That is a great win and should be a big confidence booster!!! :D

Monica_Rules
Feb 1st, 2006, 11:20 AM
6-0 6-2 i think or the other way around.

Stingray
Feb 1st, 2006, 11:35 AM
how does jade play- anyone able to give me a good account?

HTE
Feb 1st, 2006, 11:39 AM
6-2, 6-0 I think but such an impressive score in any case :worship:

WIMBY
Feb 1st, 2006, 01:50 PM
Jade :)

Monica_Rules
Feb 1st, 2006, 11:40 PM
Shes an all round player really, plays mainly at the baseline but comes into net to volley a bit. She has a decent first serve but a slow second serve. or it was slow in summer 2005. She must be around 5'0/5'1 tall so shes small but shes very physically fit. Great mover around the court. Plays quite aggressive for such a small person her forehand can be up and down.

2 things which bode well is that shes an all court player and a great mover. she can always improve her serve and her power much like in the Justine Henin-Hardenne way.

how does jade play- anyone able to give me a good account?

*hingis_forever*
Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:42 AM
Shes an all round player really, plays mainly at the baseline but comes into net to volley a bit. She has a decent first serve but a slow second serve. or it was slow in summer 2005. She must be around 5'0/5'1 tall so shes small but shes very physically fit. Great mover around the court. Plays quite aggressive for such a small person her forehand can be up and down.

2 things which bode well is that shes an all court player and a great mover. she can always improve her serve and her power much like in the Justine Henin-Hardenne way.
Nah, she's a little bit taller than that (every inch counts). I think I read somewhere that she's about 5'3/5'4. Hopefully this is the start of a great run!

HTE
Feb 2nd, 2006, 11:46 AM
Jade lost in the second round :sad: Jessica Moore beat her 7-6(2) 6-4,

*hingis_forever*
Feb 2nd, 2006, 02:07 PM
Jade :sad: A bit dissapointing after her great first round win!

*hingis_forever*
Feb 7th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Jade plays Jessie Devries of Belgium in the $10K Wellington first round with a possible 2nd round clash with #2 seed Francesca Lubiani. Good luck Jade! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Feb 7th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Jade beat De Vries 64 61! Great start Jade! :bounce:

HTE
Feb 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Great! Keep going Jade :yeah:

jamatthews
Feb 7th, 2006, 04:08 PM
According to the ITF site Jade and Kramperova beat Carson/Gallios 6-2 6-4 (after once again handing their qualifying opponents a 4-0 4-0 beat down).

Monica_Rules
Feb 7th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Keep going Jade!

*hingis_forever*
Feb 9th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Jade beat Lubiani after winning the first set Lubiani retired sometime in the second set. Not the way I would of liked her to win but a win is a win never the less. Good luck in the quarters Jade! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Feb 9th, 2006, 03:14 AM
The score was 61 20 when Lubiani ret.

HTE
Feb 9th, 2006, 10:55 AM
yeah a win is a win, go Jade :)

Monica_Rules
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Keep going Jade

WIMBY
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Jade :)

HTE
Feb 10th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Jade lost in the quarters :sad:

-------------
"Baker Into Semis
New Zealand's Leanne Baker has won through to the semifinal of the US$10,000 ASB International women's Futures in Wellington.

Baker, 25 and ranked at 428 easily dispatched Britain's top junior Jade Curtis 6-0 6-3 to book a place in the semifinals where she will face eighth seed Lisa D'Amelio of Australia.

Baker's slice and spin style of play was too much for the British teenager who tried to hit the cover off every ball and was quickly found wanting.

"She (Curtis) was like a pocket rocket...she was so quick around the court. The match went according to plan but I don't think people like playing my slice game it's something they don't come across very often," said Baker who has now won eight matches in a row after taking out the Taupo Futures title last Sunday.

The Kiwi fifth seed has seen he semifinal opponent play on a number of occasions and is hoping rain stays away from the match.

"It will be an interesting match. I will have to think about how I play her. She comes into net a lot. I'm hoping it will be played outdoors."

Baker's match against Curtis ended just as the heavens opened forcing spectators and players indoors where Wellington professional Paula Marama will take on top seed Mari Tanaka of Japan this evening."

LilMashaFan
Feb 11th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Good Luck to Jade in the 25K Sydney Qualifying.

jamatthews
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Jade has qualified for Sydney... :worship:

7)Sophie Ferguson (AUS) v (Q)Natsumi Hamamura (JPN)
Ye-Ra Lee (KOR) v Christina Horiatopoulos (AUS)

Monique Adamczak (AUS) v (Q)Jade Curtis (GBR)
(4)Marina Erakovic (NZL) v Leanne Baker (NZL)

HTE
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:36 PM
wd Jade :yeah: and a decent draw :)

*hingis_forever*
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Great job Jade! First time in a $25K main draw I believe! You could definitely win a round or two. :D

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Jade's done some really smart scheduling ;)

playing Aussie Jr's then staying down there for ITF's
good on her, nice easy pts to be picked up there.

c'mon Jade ;) good luck in MD

HTE
Feb 13th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Jade's results from qualies, some good wins here:

Q3 def. BOUFFLER Nicole (AUS) 2-6, 6-1, 6-1 nice comeback :)
Q2 def. JEANES Stephanie (AUS) 6-1, 6-4 (Jeanes beat #1 seed Barnikow in Q1)
Q1 def. UMEDA Sayaka (JPN) 6-0, 6-0 :yeah:

*hingis_forever*
Feb 16th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Jade lost in the first round to Monique Adamczak 36 63 60. :sad: Great effort though. I feel a breakthrough coming soon! :D

Monica_Rules
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:26 PM
i can feel it too. Shes up to 850ish in the rankings now not bad for 15 years old. Anne was ranked 700 at 16.

HTE
Feb 17th, 2006, 10:49 AM
yeah I think it's already underway ;)

where will Jade play next?

jamatthews
Feb 17th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Qualifying for 25K Gosford next week again in Australia...I think that may be her last pro tournament before her 16th birthday due to AER, although she is still on the entry list for the 25K Clearwater a couple of weeks after... :shrug:

*hingis_forever*
Feb 19th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Jade won her first round qualifying match over Nicole Kriz 16 61 62. She plays Maya Kato next. Go Jade! :bounce:

WIMBY
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Good luck Jade :)

HTE
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:43 PM
wd Jade, keep it up :yeah:

*hingis_forever*
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Jade won her second round match beating Maya Kato 62 63! Nice and easy! She plays Lisa D'Amelio in the final round of qualifying. That will be a toughie but she can do it! :bounce: