PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of all those Steffi-Monica threads?

Joana
Nov 4th, 2003, 07:41 PM
I don't get it. Those threads are not for discussion, but for argueing. It's not like you can make fans of them change their minds. :rolleyes:

alfajeffster
Nov 4th, 2003, 07:45 PM
I don't get it. Those threads are not for discussion, but for argueing. It's not like you can make fans of them change their minds. :rolleyes:

I agree, and I've been guilty of getting caught up in the argument. However, what it does point out is how great their matches really were, and how much we truly missed between 93-95.

There really aren't any match-ups with today's players that are anywhere near as exciting or hotly contested. If Jen could get herself together mentally, maybe the Serena/Jen matches would approach this kind of greatness, but it hasn't happened lately.

Most of the Graf/Seles matches are guaranteed classics.

DA FOREHAND
Nov 4th, 2003, 07:47 PM
It gives the Selestials another chance to vent thier frustrations that Monica never lead the h2h against Steffi.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:10 PM
It gives the Selestials another chance to vent thier frustrations that Monica never lead the h2h against Steffi.

Because Monica was sidelined during her PRIME. END

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:11 PM
People need some actual tennis. OMG, if it gets like this while we have to wait a few days for the YEC, what will it be like over Christmas? :eek:

Kart
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:13 PM

And it gives you another chance to make the same innaccurate sweeping statement again and again.

bandabou
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Those are just one of those things....no discussion will change what happened. You just have to take them as they come. Period. Some profited more than others of it, but so is life.