PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open04:most interesting in years?

-Ph51-
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:03 PM
As the Williams sisters told today,they want to make their great comeback at the Australian Open.And,as we know,the Belgians are ready to challenge them.Looks like we have some great matches to enjoy us for! :worship: :bounce:

ys
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:04 PM
I think it is wishful thinking. My prediction is that at least one of the four will not play AO.

bandabou
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:16 PM
I think it is wishful thinking. My prediction is that at least one of the four will not play AO.

Nah...that is wishful thinking of your part. Maybe hoping for a place for some of your favs?! All the big four will be there and the semiīs are gonna be a rematch of last year with the same result...

ys
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Nah...that is wishful thinking of your part. Maybe hoping for a place for some of your favs?! All the big four will be there and the semiīs are gonna be a rematch of last year with the same result...

Nah. if Venus plays, she will be drawn to play Justine in quartefinals and will eliminate her. But I think Venus won't play.

-Ph51-
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Same result :lol:

bandabou
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:19 PM
The Australian is nearly two months away...should be enough for Venus to recover. Justine ainīt beating Venus at the Oz....Venus owns and will always own Justine, specially on hardcourts.

xr6turbo
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Nah. if Venus plays, she will be drawn to play Justine in quartefinals and will eliminate her. But I think Venus won't play.

And why wont Venus play??

ys
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:23 PM
And why wont Venus play??

Because she doesn't want to..

xr6turbo
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Right....whatever you reckon!!

Paneru
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Because she doesn't want to..

Looks to me as you're hoping she doesn't!
Wonder why?;) :p

ys
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Looks to me as you're hoping she doesn't!
Wonder why?;) :p

I am hoping? I don't care..

alfajeffster
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:35 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the Australian Open 04- more so than in a couple of years. It all depends, obviously, if everyone is healthy. IF all the top players play and are healthy, we've got some interesting scenarios:

Serena Williams, the real top gun, hasn't played a match since July, and it's a very long break for a former #1 to come out firing on all cylinders at a tournament that offers very little in the way of warm-up leading into the major;

Venus Williams- is her stomach injury chronic, and will it re-surface if she plays?

Justine Henin-Hardenne- will the Rebound Ace become this little fireplug's greatest surface- it's looking like her game is rounding right in that direction;

Kim Clijsters- can she take that last step and conquer her fear of winning and become a champion at a major?

And the second tier possibilities- Capriati plays well on the surface, and so does Mauresmo.

Wouldn't it be fun if they all were healthy and playing well at the same time for this major?

bandabou
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:36 PM

HOPING, HOPING, HOPING! Deep down I know that Justine canīt beat Venus, so I better pray that she doesnīt play!

Why?! One should always have faith in oneīs fav...

bandabou
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:37 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the Australian Open 04- more so than in a couple of years. It all depends, obviously, if everyone is healthy. IF all the top players play and are healthy, we've got some interesting scenarios:

Serena Williams, the real top gun, hasn't played a match since July, and it's a very long break for a former #1 to come out firing on all cylinders at a tournament that offers very little in the way of warm-up leading into the major;

Venus Williams- is her stomach injury chronic, and will it re-surface if she plays?

Justine Henin-Hardenne- will the Rebound Ace become this little fireplug's greatest surface- it's looking like her game is rounding right in that direction;

Kim Clijsters- can she take that last step and conquer her fear of winning and become a champion at a major?

And the second tier possibilities- Capriati plays well on the surface, and so does Mauresmo.

Wouldn't it be fun if they all were healthy and playing well at the same time for this major?

Thatīd be great indeed..but Iīm not sure if rebound ace is gonna be Justineīs best surface.

Kart
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:38 PM
I think all the top players will play Oz and it is a very exciting prospect - particularly for those of us fans who are hoping our favrourite players will be putting in an appearance after a long time !!!

ys
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:39 PM
HOPING, HOPING, HOPING! Deep down I know that Justine canīt beat Venus, so I better pray that she doesnīt play!

Why?! One should always have faith in oneīs fav...

I would support Venus over Henin any day.. But I think Venus won't play.

fleemkeģ
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:39 PM
I can't wait untill the new season starts :D

bandabou
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:44 PM
In fact it is bigger for the Belgians. They have to prove that they REALLY have become the cream of the crop and that it wasnīt because of the absence of the Williamses.

harloo
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:08 PM
I can't wait until the AO 2004, because then Justine won't get a easy draw and take that title. She will have to fight for it, and it's a 90% chance she won't be winning it with the sisters around.

Go Venus, Go Serena!

Go Kim, Go Jen!!

:) :D ;)

-Sonic-
Nov 4th, 2003, 06:12 PM
I always want a new winner... and I want one this year too :p

Paneru
Nov 4th, 2003, 06:19 PM

Could've fooled me! ;) :cool:

persond
Nov 4th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Call me "crazy", but, I think the "Belgian Dynasty" is in for big "coup d'etat" and that the Williamses, no matter how long the layoff, will be eager to "prove" themselves the "best"...!!! Additionally, the Belgians will both have a ton of points to defend, and if all are healthy, that could prove to be a "daunting task"...!!! But, we'll all just have to wait and see, huh...??? :) :)

And, to the non-believers, the Sisters have each taken long periods of time off and come back with a "vengeance", in fact both of the better "streaks" the Sisters have enjoyed, have come after a long layoff...!!! January shall be interesting, indeed...!!! :angel: :angel:

shap_half
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:48 PM
I can't wait until the AO 2004, because then Justine won't get a easy draw and take that title. She will have to fight for it, and it's a 90% chance she won't be winning it with the sisters around.

Go Venus, Go Serena!

Go Kim, Go Jen!!

:) :D ;)

if that's the case then i know justine will capitalize on that 10% and win her second GS in a row! :bounce:

CamilleVidann
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:11 AM
Call me "crazy", but, I think the "Belgian Dynasty" is in for big "coup d'etat" and that the Williamses, no matter how long the layoff, will be eager to "prove" themselves the "best"...!!! Additionally, the Belgians will both have a ton of points to defend, and if all are healthy, that could prove to be a "daunting task"...!!! But, we'll all just have to wait and see, huh...??? :) :)

And, to the non-believers, the Sisters have each taken long periods of time off and come back with a "vengeance", in fact both of the better "streaks" the Sisters have enjoyed, have come after a long layoff...!!! January shall be interesting, indeed...!!! :angel: :angel:
a

Yeah you're crazy.. you're a psycho saying that

Zhao
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Williamese are plannin to go one step further...
like wat they did in 2002
Shd Venus n Justin meet again
the latter will be in for a thrashing again....

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:47 PM
I am going to get spoiled :p

Don't worry guys I will share my every day experiences wid ya :wavey:

Veritas
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Hopefully Monica will come back in time for the AO and erase that dreadful 2nd round loss to Koukalava (forgive me...I'm terrible when it comes to spelling out European names ;) ). It'll be great if she can prove that she's still got what it takes to challenge the top four (and by that, I mean the Williams and the Belgians).

fifiricci
Nov 5th, 2003, 01:39 PM
I bloody well hope it is the most interesting in years, because I've got tickets for the mens and womens semis and will be travelling from Perth to Melbourne just for those two days, interrupting a holiday in Perth from the UK!!!!!