Venus Forever
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Good Luck:

CHANDA RUBIN
AI SUGIYAMA
KIM CLIJSTERS

ys
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:52 AM
WTA definitely want Kim to end year as #1, not Henin. With that being the biggest remaining question of the season, they give Kim an extra day off, and Henin will have to play 5 consecutive days against Top 10 opponents.

ys
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:53 AM
will they show elena on tv espn ??

No. They will show Capriati match.

mishar
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:30 AM
WTA definitely want Kim to end year as #1, not Henin. With that being the biggest remaining question of the season, they give Kim an extra day off, and Henin will have to play 5 consecutive days against Top 10 opponents.

Henin only has to reach the semifinals in order to end the year #1

xcrtbckhnd
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:45 AM
GOOOOO:

CHANDA!!!! :bounce: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :bounce:
JEN!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
ELENA!!! :kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :kiss:

Go girls!!!! Win, win, win!!!!!

LeonHart
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:50 AM
So espn is only going to show 1 match per day when 3 matches are playing per day?! :mad::fiery:

lizchris
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:56 AM
So espn is only going to show 1 match per day when 3 matches are playing per day?! :mad::fiery:

According to someone on GM, EPSN2 cut back on the coverage.

IOW, Williams sisters=ratings, no Williams sisters=less coverage.

ys
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Henin only has to reach the semifinals in order to end the year #1

Yet, it is three matches in three days as opposite to Clijsters 's 3 matches in 4 days.

ys
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:05 AM
According to someone on GM, EPSN2 cut back on the coverage.

IOW, Williams sisters=ratings, no Williams sisters=less coverage.

By that logics, soon there will be no tennis on TV at all.

xcrtbckhnd
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Well, they've got the event scheduled from 10:30PM-Midnight

Harju.
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:19 AM
Allez Momo :worship:

PatM04
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:43 AM
On Wednesday and Thursday will we get the match that is scheduled for 7:30. So we will get to see Jennifer v Ai on Wednesday.

Tratree
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:47 AM
As I understand it, the 7:30 match each night will be shown live and another match from that day will be shown taped the next day (5:00 pm Pacific time).

maya
Nov 4th, 2003, 05:47 AM
After reading about your ESPN I want to once again declare:

I love :kiss: my Eurosport.
They will be showing everything live (in the middle of the night :p ).

caramel
Nov 4th, 2003, 06:19 AM
Come on Chanda! :worship:

samhatz
Nov 4th, 2003, 06:21 AM
C'mo Amelie, Ai and Elena!

yukon145
Nov 4th, 2003, 06:27 AM
i hate ESPN! go to hell! after so long with no tennis on tv, they decided to show one match a day! my god i can't stand it any more. but let it be known next week at the ATP champs we will see all of the matches, well at least agassi and rodick.

ghosts
Nov 4th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Good luck Jenny and Alyonna ;)

Brian Stewart
Nov 4th, 2003, 08:00 AM
The bad news is, ESPN2 has a college football game scheduled right in front of the tennis on Wednesday. And those things almost never finish within the allotted 3 hours. It will probably spill over into the tennis slot. That means one of 3 possibilities:

(1) The folks in LA hold up the Jen match until the football ends (assuming Momo and Chanda don't play 2 hours, which would make it moot)

(2) they tape delay the Jen match, and edit it as necessary to fit in the 90 minute slot

(3) they join the Jen match in progress, and keep to their original signoff time, thereby screwing us out of whatever time the football runs over

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:03 AM
pffffff Alyona on last :mad:
i'll be out then :mad:

go Lena :)

Nikola
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:08 AM
:d

Lady
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:08 AM
I LOVE Eurosport!!
All matches live, & then repeat of the all matches one more time!!
On Thursday we have tennis from 3.am til 18:30 :bounce:
And I have free day from university :D

I feel really lucky

Instant
Nov 4th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Ai only needs one win to finish the year in the top 10. So go AI. (you can win your other 2 matches Jen ;) )

DEETHELICK
Nov 4th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Good luck Jennifer and Elena!

Both need to start this tournament strongly! :)

Calvin
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:05 PM

ever crossed your mind that Clijsters gets a day off from singles because she's in the doubles competition as well? :rolleyes:

what would you have done? give Justine couple of days off, while Kim would have to play several of doubles and singles matches on the same day... Oh wait, isn't that how they screwed the best doubles team out of their third succesive Grand Slam victory? :tape:

JER53
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Good luck Elenka!!!

kim4eva
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Good luck Kimmie :bounce: !!

lizchris
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:03 PM
By that logics, soon there will be no tennis on TV at all.

Don't be ridiculous; of course they will be tennis coverage well after the Williams sisters are gone from tennis, but right now, when they are in a tournament, it usually gets better ratings. Nothing personal; that's just the way it is in America.

BTW, half of the matches will be tape delayed for the YEC.

Daniel
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Vamos Kim :D

jenglisbe
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:20 PM
ys - perhaps they are considering the fact that Kim has doubles matches to play, too ;)

Anyway, I didn't realize all the matches started so late...

kim4eva
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:08 PM
Come on Kim!:bounce:

ys
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:38 PM
ever crossed your mind that Clijsters gets a day off from singles because she's in the doubles competition as well? :rolleyes:

what would you have done? give Justine couple of days off, while Kim would have to play several of doubles and singles matches on the same day... Oh wait, isn't that how they screwed the best doubles team out of their third succesive Grand Slam victory? :tape:

When do the doubles start? Of course, you would not bother to even check..

mishar
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:38 PM
It turns out Justine asked for a Thursday start because she is suffering from a fever.. so no conspiracy at all. (Unless the WTA intentionally exposed her to the flu)

ys
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:44 PM
It turns out Justine asked for a Thursday start because she is suffering from a fever.. so no conspiracy at all. (Unless the WTA intentionally exposed her to the flu)

Doesn't make any difference anyway. Clijsters's chances to end year as #1 were just given a boost.

Calvin
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Doesn't make any difference anyway. Clijsters's chances to end year as #1 were just given a boost.

so even a perfectly logical explanation, benefitting Justine (she asked for it herself!) doesn't take away your paranoia? :eek:

oh yes it's all a conspiracy and always has been :rolleyes: now when did you say the little green men were scheduled to land again?

fleemke³
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:04 PM
After reading about your ESPN I want to once again declare:

I love :kiss: my Eurosport.
They will be showing everything live (in the middle of the night :p ).

Eurosport :cool:

Good luck Amelie, Capriati and Elena :D

S-T-E-V-E
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:07 PM
What time is it in Germany when Jen's match starts? :confused:

Lindsita
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Hi, J.Capriati.Fan! Jen and Sugiyama will play at 4:30 a.m., on Thursday, Nov. 6 (German time). Let's support Jennifer all together! I'm sure, it'll hekp her to win all the matches at the YEC.
Lena.
:worship: "JENNIFER CAPRIATI THE BEST" :worship:
:bounce: http://www.jencapriati.narod.ru :bounce:

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 4th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Go Kim!!!! It would be so awesome if you win both doubles and single titles!!!!!

Go Ai, OMG!!!! ur also both in singles and doubles!!!!!

Go Girls!!!!!!

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 4th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Good luck to:

Chanda Rubin :yeah:
Ai Sugiyama :yeah:
Kim Clijsters :yeah:

tommystar
Nov 4th, 2003, 08:53 PM
After I have read you posts about the poor coverage on ESPN, I won't ask whether the doubles are televized... :rolleyes:

I think Eurosport won't. :(

mauresmofan
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:28 PM
After I have read you posts about the poor coverage on ESPN, I won't ask whether the doubles are televized... :rolleyes:

I think Eurosport won't. :(

Don't be making grumpy faces at Eurosport - if it wasn't for them the only tennis we'd see would be the Tim Henman matches - according to lots of other channels womens tennis doesn't exist. GOD BLESS YOU EUROSPORT :worship:

Bероника
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Good luck to:

Amélie Mauresmo (I'll be glad if Chanda wins too though)

Jennifer Capriati
and
Kim Clijsters

tarah
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Good luck

Kim :)
Ai
Chanda

Leo_DFP
Nov 4th, 2003, 10:56 PM
On Wednesday and Thursday will we get the match that is scheduled for 7:30. So we will get to see Jennifer v Ai on Wednesday.

God dammit! I really want to see Clijsters vs. Dementieva. :fiery:

Best of Luck to:
Amelie
Elena
Ai
:bounce:

lasagna & donuts
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:00 PM
will we get to see dementieva play at all any of this championship ??? :sad:

cheese101
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Actually ESPN will be showing two matches on Thurs,Fri,and Sat. They will show from 5-6pm Thurs. and Fri and from 4-6pm on Sat. and also a later night match.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Good luck to:

Amélie Mauresmo (I'll be glad if Chanda wins too though)

Traitor :sad:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 5th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Go Kimmy!

JLDementieva
Nov 5th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Damn it, why is ESPN so obsessed with showing Capriati all the time!! :fiery:
I want to see Elena!!! My guess is they probably won't show any of Elena's matches unless she plays Capriati, or unless she makes the finals! I hate ESPN!

anton
Nov 5th, 2003, 03:28 AM
go chanda, capster...

kim4eva
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:43 AM
:bounce: Come On Kim! :bounce:

Manu79
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Good luck to:

Amelie :D

Jennifer

Elena

sbmh
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Good luck to :
Jen
Kimmie
Amélie
:)

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Allez Amelie!

tennisluver99
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:06 PM
Damn it, why is ESPN so obsessed with showing Capriati all the time!! :fiery:
I want to see Elena!!! My guess is they probably won't show any of Elena's matches unless she plays Capriati, or unless she makes the finals! I hate ESPN!

On ESPN.com their TV schedule says they will show Clijsters-Dementieva tomorrow at 5:00-6:30pm on ESPN2.
Hopefully they will stick to this and not decide at the last minute to show Mauresmo-Rubin, since she is an american.
But who knows, I don't trust ESPN anymore not since TMS-Canada when they said they would show Nalbandian-Schuettler SF match,but instead showed a replay of Roddick-Federer. Boy, did I send them a long nasty e-mail.