PDA

View Full Version : Interesting!

SerenaSlam
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:34 AM
I was at the Lakers Game. And they had flyers going out about the Fashion show "Featuring tennis' number 1 sisters"

I think the wta is still trying to pull in tickets etc even with the sisters are not playing. They seem to me to be very desperate. I heard right now, venus also has been hangin with serena at her home over the past month w/ the exception of attending the World Series game.

I think the WTA realizes more now than ever they are desperate for some time of help cuz i don't think its gonna look good at the championships. That is the attendance. And the rumor of ESPN cutting or giving bogus coverage now?

Sam L
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:40 AM
I'm not surprised. It's L.A. I'll be surprised if people in L.A. have heard of other tennis players aside from V&S. :tape:

lizchris
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:42 AM
I was at the Lakers Game. And they had flyers going out about the Fashion show "Featuring tennis' number 1 sisters"

I think the wta is still trying to pull in tickets etc even with the sisters are not playing. They seem to me to be very desperate. I heard right now, venus also has been hangin with serena at her home over the past month w/ the exception of attending the World Series game.

I think the WTA realizes more now than ever they are desperate for some time of help cuz i don't think its gonna look good at the championships. That is the attendance. And the rumor of ESPN cutting or giving bogus coverage now?

SerenaSlam, WS=ratings in the US. You, I and a lot of people know this, but others don't seem to get it. I wasn't even surprised that the YEC are going to be on ESPN2 only and not ESPN (and it has nothing to do with ESPN covering basketball now). They knew before the announced that it would be on ESPN2 that Serena was at least doubtful and that Venus and Lindsay might not play.

What do yo mean that ESPN might be cutting coverage?

F-R-E-A-K
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:43 AM
The attendance was crapo last year, it will be just like that this year.

Smash
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:45 AM
The attendence was awful last yr even with Serena in the finals. Didn't Kim beat Serena in last yrs final? Like anybody remembers.

lizchris
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:48 AM
The attendence was awful last yr even with Serena in the finals. Didn't Kim beat Serena in last yrs final? Like anybody remembers.

The attendence was better for the semifinals and the final, but if an American isn't in the semis, the attenndence won't be good.

Hots4Safin
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Actually Sam, a lot of LA's finest turn out for Indian Wells...and, i'm pretty sure neither of the Williams sisters were there. And Lindsay Davenport is from LA, so i'm sure she'll be delighted to hear that no one knows her here.

SerenaSlam
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:52 AM
but again the wta has been bogus with the advertising. i don't think that many people even really "knew" of the championships at the stapel center.