PDA

View Full Version : Can Monica win a major again?

monicarules
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:25 PM
I think she can. If she can get fit and healthy again, why not? She has suffered from too many injuires the past few years. I think she will win a couple of more before calling it a quit. She deserves it!

Andrew.
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:28 PM
I hope she can, but I doubt it. If she had a chance, it would be at AO. But she may not even be back in time for that. Even if she was, with the sisters back, the Belgians there and Lindsay healthy, I just don't see it happening. But, I do see her winning a few more tournaments - especially Tier IIs and mabey even a Tier I.

apoet29
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:32 PM
I don't see it happening. Monica has the spirit and fight, but I think her body is not able to keep up with her mind. I see her winning small events, perhaps even a tier 1 at some point, but I don't think she will be able to win a slam.

AjdeNate!
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:34 PM
She's shown she can do anything she puts her mind to. So why not?.

Venus Forever
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:39 PM
I was wondering when another one these threads would pop-up again. It has been a few months.

To answer the question, depends on her injury and fitness.

If either exists, no. If both are gone, then yes.

tennisIlove09
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:41 PM
As much as I love Monica, and I would LOVE for her to win another one...No, I don't think she'll win another one.

CondiLicious
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:55 PM
No she won't; she's finished since 4 years.

people said she was over since before that. People said she was over since 1997.

And I'm sick of stuff like this. I'm sick of the "what if's" I'm sick of the "do you think's" It's all just empty words. I wish she'd just come back and play and maybe then the tennis can do the talking... or... she'll just be over and we can have some closure.

*misses Monica*

Kart
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:58 PM
Who cares ? She's still :inlove:.

Kart
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:59 PM
Also she's :hearts:

Kart
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:59 PM
And :worship:

Kart
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:01 PM
Monica :bowdown:

tyk101
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:06 PM
Monica deserves more success, but unfortunately she'll really need a very good draw for her win a major. Her best shot: AO

bandabou
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:11 PM
If all was good in the world ad blah blah then Monica would be in all GS finals and stuff..but the truth is: It ain´t all good in this world. so me thinks the time of Monica has passed...she´s already 30, so there aren´t that many chances for her to win biggies anymore.

Kart
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:17 PM
Have I praised Monica enough yet ?

NO.

Monica is also an :angel:.

Kart
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:18 PM
Monica :cool:.

Kart
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:19 PM
I've run out of smilies :(.

MisterQ
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:20 PM
I doubt it, but it would be one of the great tennis moments if it happened!

I think Monica is one of the players with an outside chance to win a major -- but unfortunately there have been no "outside" winners in the past several years in women's tennis (except Capriati's first AO, which doesn't seem so out of place now that she won 2 more majors after that).

Still, we can hope! She can still hit the ball with incredible authority.

Martian Willow
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:24 PM
...Monica... :bounce:

...Monica... :drive:

...Monica... :banana:

...Monica... :yippee:

...Monica... :yeah:

...Monica... :bigclap:

...Monica... :clap2:

:)

ys
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:25 PM
With competition of these days she might not win another minor, leave alone major..

Kart
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:27 PM
... Willow ... :kiss:

;)

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:29 PM
MONICA :bounce:

to answer the question, if shes healthy and playing her best tennis she can definitely do it...but thats a big IF...

Kart
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:00 AM

<-------------------- I've come up with this as I can't be bothered to look for more smilies for now.

rada
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:25 AM
for sure monica can she knows what needs to be done and can play just as good as the top girls... monica is 1 of the best out there :banana: come back soon

rfs1999
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:13 AM
Go Monica!

SM
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:19 AM
go monica yes u can

monicarules
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:43 AM
I have a question: some ppl (most of the ppl have green blocks under their usernames and very few others have red or black ones like myself. What does it mean? I became a board memeber just yesterday so donn know how that thing works.. Can anyone explain it to me?

azza
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:04 AM
i don't think so

rada
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:36 AM
i don't think so

yes she can loser

Trish101
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:41 AM
She could, but she wont.

PatM04
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:46 AM
Why shouldn't the greatest to ever hold a racket in her hand win a big one again?

vancouverite
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Soooooooooooooooo many variables, and the right mix for her to win is a very delicate balance of fitness, desire, the draw....It's a tall order, but then, no one in the history of sport has done what Seles has, so the answer to the thread's question is a definite yes.

Kart, Willow... :wavey:

bandabou
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Yeah....what do the green and black blocks mean?!

VivalaSeles
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:08 PM
I have a question: some ppl (most of the ppl have green blocks under their usernames and very few others have red or black ones like myself. What does it mean? I became a board memeber just yesterday so donn know how that thing works.. Can anyone explain it to me?

Doesn't selesrules become cute playing the ingenue :rolleyes: :tape:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: Kart and Willow :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

CondiLicious
Nov 4th, 2003, 06:17 PM

I think it means you're the weakest link

goodbye... :wavey:

Gaga4Gaby
Nov 4th, 2003, 06:38 PM
A healthy, fit Monica has the game and mind to win, but I don't think that's enough because her ranking has dropped so low. She wouldn't be seeded in a Slam, which leaves her unprotected...to win another, she'd conceivably have to go through both Williams sisters, at least one of the Belgians, and probably Jenny, Amelie, or Lindsay to boot. That's a tall order for anyone. Neveryoumind all the young up-and-comers like Sharapova, Zvonerava, Safina, Petrova, etc., whose games get better each year....

I love Monica and will pull for her as long as she continues to play, but I think her days of winning majors are over.

DA FOREHAND
Nov 4th, 2003, 06:39 PM
She's shown she can do anything she puts her mind to. So why not?.

She's failed to stick to or even get into optimum shape/condition. I don't see her winning anymore slams without at least getting herself into fighting shape.

I think she has lost her window of oppurtunity.

Brαm
Nov 4th, 2003, 08:41 PM
No she cannot, I'm afraid. I mean, Venus hasn't won a slam since 2001 :eek: How could we think Seles still has a chance? :o

bandabou
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:12 PM
She's failed to stick to or even get into optimum shape/condition. I don't see her winning anymore slams without at least getting herself into fighting shape.

I think she has lost her window of oppurtunity.

Her window was closed since Parche stabbed her....not because of lack of fitness. Today´s game is about power with althescism....Monica has only the power and no matter how much she would have trained she wouldn´t have become a serena or Venus....she was simply not born an athlete.

Kart
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Vancouverite and VivalaSeles :worship: :wavey: :hearts: :kiss: