PDA

View Full Version : Pistolesi: "Kim is the nicest person on the circuit"

oren987
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:53 PM
Anna Pistolesi interviewed to an Israely newspeper saying that Kim is the niceset person on the circuit.

She also sad that her best friends on the tour are Kuznetsova, Myskina and Dementieva :)

Linzi
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:54 PM
Tell us something we didnt know

TennisHack
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:06 PM
Tell us something we didnt know

I didn't know Anna's best friends were Kuznetsova, Myskina, and Dementieva! ;)

SJW
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:08 PM
hmmmmmmmmm surprising that ;)

igost
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:18 PM
not surprised about her friends

she is from Soviet Union originally - I'm sure she still speaks Russian

oren987
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:19 PM

She does ;)

TennisHack
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:20 PM

Admittedly, I was just kidding in my first post, but I didn't know she was originally from the Soviet Union. Why is she playing for Israel? Just out of curiosity :)

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:29 PM
Admittedly, I was just kidding in my first post, but I didn't know she was originally from the Soviet Union. Why is she playing for Israel? Just out of curiosity :)

cause I said she had to damn it.. :devil:

Hawk
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:43 PM
Aww that's very nice of Pistolesi :angel:

Kimmie :angel:

Albireo
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:06 PM

IIRC, she emigrated just around the time the Soviet Union broke up; I believe much of her family was already in Israel. There was, if I remember, a fear of anti-Jewish sentiment in the disintegrating USSR at the time, as well. (I think she mentioned this in an interview at the time.) She was just starting to make a bit of noise in tennis. I don't remember if she did her Israeli military service; I believe she did, and dropped off the tennis radar for a time. Those who follow her more closely will know much more, of course, and I could be wrong.

I do recall ESPN2 making a pun on her name very early in the network's existence. Those were the days when Keith Olbermann used to appear (in leather jacket) on "The Deuce," as the network was known then. When it was time for their hourly sports update ("The Smash"), Olbermann used to introduce it with the phrase, "Smash, please." One day, during an ATP tourney broadcast (or just afterward?), Olbermann asked for "Smashnova, please."

Just one of those things. :)

rated_next
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:23 PM
:)

Come-on-kim
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:32 PM
Kim :angel: Anna :kiss:

PointBlank
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:39 PM
IIRC, she emigrated just around the time the Soviet Union broke up; I believe much of her family was already in Israel. There was, if I remember, a fear of anti-Jewish sentiment in the disintegrating USSR at the time, as well. (I think she mentioned this in an interview at the time.) She was just starting to make a bit of noise in tennis. I don't remember if she did her Israeli military service; I believe she did, and dropped off the tennis radar for a time. Those who follow her more closely will know much more, of course, and I could be wrong.

Anna was The Soviets #1 junior at the time i say that is more than making noise hehe
she took time from tennis (already pro) to do her "time" BTW you were awfully close! :p

ALSO oren , what part of Israel do you live in i Believe i read that?

oren987
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:57 PM
Anna was The Soviets #1 junior at the time i say that is more than making noise hehe
she took time from tennis (already pro) to do her "time" BTW you were awfully close! :p

ALSO oren , what part of Israel do you live in i Believe i read that?

Haifa, The city that never stop ;)

PointBlank
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:09 AM
hehehe, Arad is so boring! even been there? Hafia is FUN,FUN! hehe

oren987
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:52 AM
hehehe, Arad is so boring! even been there? Hafia is FUN,FUN! hehe

:rolls: Been to Arad many times. How old are you?

TennisHack
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the info, guys!! Very interesting :)