PDA

View Full Version : Who else thinks that this years yec is gonna be GODDAMN BORING??

Darop.
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:37 PM
No williams, no lindsay, no hard hard ball pounders, theres gonna be 2 people in the stands, no one is gonna applaude, and all the players are BORING, except maybe elena for her crazy shot making which can be entertaining :p

I dont even know if its gonna be worth staying up at night to watch it... :rolleyes:

They should have given a wild card to an interesting up and comer, or a player who can make things more interesting, and kick rubin out ( cuz shes lowest ranked)

Ballbuster
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:56 PM
Darn, isn't crappy Italian. You at least have a similar relation to her, but yes, it'll be whack tennis - unless someone stunningly upsets the field.

ghosts
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:58 PM
me!

Dava
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:59 PM
I dont know, im kinda excitied as to how the new formula will web out.

Kart
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:07 PM
If you find it boring don't watch it.

jimbo mack
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:10 PM
i dont think u can hardly call it BORING. fair enough if the others were playing it would be alot more exciting.

but u cant really be a tennis fan if u find the majority of the top players boring?
unless u like the lower ranked players
does the crappy challengers excite u then or something?

LindsayRulez
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:13 PM
You're right, I'm interested to see how this format works out. But there's no denying that it could be so much better if a few certain players were there.

Although I can't call it boring per se (because I will be watching), let's just say that it will be lacking some important stuff. Nothing against Kim or Justine, but I hope neither one wins...

*abby*
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:26 PM
Darn, isn't crappy Italian.
u=a-hole!!!!

if u think its going to boring then dont watch.but also dont whinge and whine about it spoiling it for others

SJW
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:30 PM
it could be better

Go Elena Kim Jenny and Nastya

lizchris
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:35 PM
If last year's top eight played this year, incliding Amelie Mauresmo who didn't because she was injured, then it would have been much better.

The only two things making this year's YEC exciting is the round robin format and that there most likely will be a new number one.

Ballbuster
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:47 PM
u=a-hole!!!!

if u think its going to boring then dont watch.but also dont whinge and whine about it spoiling it for others

Keep in mind you mean absolutely nothing to me...and have a nice day.

RAA
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:00 PM
i'm interested in the round robin format...

serena venus and lindsay will surely be missed. fan attenandance is gonna be low.. again.

not sure, I think that every year at this time of year I am not that interested in tennis. just waiting for the Oz open I guess. so i'm a bit more disinterested without the likes of venus and serena and lindsay.

although I will be rooting hard for Justine. I would love for her to end the year at #1 (since Serena won't do so). I know that kim isn't responsible for the ranking system.. I just think its ridiculous for someone who has never won a slam to end the year at #1...no offense to kim personally.. I would rather have justine there if my serena isn't there.

tennisIlove09
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:28 PM
Well considering half the field got in because injury, it's very tainted.

I don't know if it'll be boring. I'll wait to see the matches first. But the WTA had better hope they have more then 1 good match, or it's US Open (which was dullsville) all over again.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:27 PM
It's going to be fascinating. We have the best eight players who are actually playing right now in series of matchups that we seldom get to see. Each one is a vivid personality with lots of contrast among them. I can't see Ai, Elena D or Chanda winning the whole thing, but any of the others can come through. Every match is unpredictable. The # 1 position is at stake, and the final fallout of the top 10 for the year is very volatile and dependent on this one tournament. Momo, Ai and Nastya have just delivered some of the best tennis of the year. Etc, etc.

And people still want to complain. :rolleyes:

monicarules
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:35 PM
The only missing pieces are Monica and Anna

Greenout
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:44 PM
Funny how Lindsay has all of these supporters now.
:lbf

Where were all you guys when she's actually playing?

for-sure
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:58 PM
Funny how Lindsay has all of these supporters now.
:lbf

Where were all you guys when she's actually playing?

So true :) just what I was thinking.

*I think the champs are going to be great! A kim-Justine Final :lick:
Elena making waves...sweat AI gonna pull an upset....Jenn's gonna show some major heart...Myskina gonna bring some major indoor ball and Amelie is gonna topspin her way to another TITLE! :)
Not to mention the smartest player in the champs. Chanda is gonna think her way out of a mini slump :)