PDA

View Full Version : Who deserves of the "Queen" title most?

monicarules
Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:36 PM
For me it's Monica Seles who goes down by the title most appropriately.
She has every thing that the title requires for someone to achieve; grace, class, strength, talent, beauty, carisma and personality.

Jarrett
Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:44 PM
I dunno, I would say Venus. I like how Queen V sounds. ;)

Paneru
Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:45 PM
I dunno, I would say Venus. I like how Queen V sounds. ;)
:yeah:

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:58 PM
Margaret Court or Martina Navratilova, I suppose. ;)

SJW
Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:59 PM
Venus

simply cuz it's always used with her

SerialKiller#69
Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:01 PM
Steffi.

VivalaSeles
Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:02 PM
Is the creator of this thread - by any chance - selesrules ?
If not, I apologize.

tennnisfannn
Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:33 PM
For me it's Monica Seles who goes down by the title most appropriately.
She has every thing that the title requires for someone to achieve; grace, class, strength, talent, beauty, carisma and personality.
For me Venus has all the qualities you list. I think the title 'queen' should be subjective and it is. it best describes everyone's favourite.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:19 PM
it seems very appropriate for venus. she seems the most queen-like. serena kim and justine are more like princesses. or maids!hehe!j/k!

starr
Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:38 PM
Until one of them is actually the crowned head of state, it just seems sort of weird and worshippy to call them by that name.

jimbo mack
Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:39 PM
steffi- hands down!!!!!!!!

Roxers
Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:43 PM
Stefanie Graf :worship:

MarcusRock
Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:45 PM
To me calling a player a "Queen" or a "Goddess" is the ultimate sign of fanatism... I would feel so stupid to call my fave a name like that.Yeah but calling your fave "queen" is a much better symbol of adoration than say, calling her "bulldog" or "spike" or "grit."

DA FOREHAND
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:37 PM
Venus, Monica abdicated the throne many moons ago.

:worship:

Bezz
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:39 PM
A monarch

SJW
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:42 PM
it seems very appropriate for venus. she seems the most queen-like. serena kim and justine are more like princesses. or maids!hehe!j/k!

:rolleyes:

vaiva
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:45 PM
To me calling a player a "Queen" or a "Goddess" is the ultimate sign of fanatism... I would feel so stupid to call my fave a name like that.

Not sure if it's the ultimate sign of fanatism.

Stupid? Yes.

gweeny
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:51 PM
I believe the term was first used on Venus, so let it be. Fans can find other descriptors to describe their favorites. While steal it from the person who coined the term first.

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:53 PM
all of them who been ranked number ONE have the right to be called queen!!!! specially during their peak time. Thats why they were once was called the NUMBER ONE PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!

JonBcn
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:54 PM
Andy Roddick

schris
Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:16 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: STEFFI GRAF

joao
Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:27 PM
Andy Roddick

:haha: he is indeed a beautiful drama Queen!

Hurley
Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:31 PM
And he is #1, so no one deserves to be the ruler more at this moment :worship:

UDiTY
Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:36 PM
It was first associated with Venus I think....and her fans have now grown to calling her Queen Venus, so I think she deserves it. :p

joao
Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:39 PM
Well actually Roddick became #1 this week by some kind of a twist. They actually dropped off last year's Masters cup points 1 week earlier ... and since Roddick did not participate last year in the masters and ferrero did, it was enough for Roddick to become #1.

If they hadn't dropp off those points 1 week earlier, Roddick would have not been #1 this week. he wouldn't have had enough points. And he actually might not have been #1 this year either ... without winning the Masters. I say lucky guy!

persond
Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:41 PM
Until one of them is actually the crowned head of state, it just seems sort of weird and worshippy to call them by that name.

Well, just let Venus' fans be the first in history to ever "bestow" that title on someone not "borned of royal blood"...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Oh yeah, and "worhippy" suits us just fine...!!! :p :p

persond
Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:45 PM
To me calling a player a "Queen" or a "Goddess" is the ultimate sign of fanatism... I would feel so stupid to call my fave a name like that.

Go right ahead, we won't care how "stupid you really feel...!!! :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

Hurley
Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:46 PM
Well actually Roddick became #1 this week by some kind of a twist. They actually dropped off last year's Masters cup points 1 week earlier ... and since Roddick did not participate last year in the masters and ferrero did, it was enough for Roddick to become #1.

If they hadn't dropp off those points 1 week earlier, Roddick would have not been #1 this week. he wouldn't have had enough points. And he actually might not have been #1 this year either ... without winning the Masters. I say lucky guy!

So...what you're saying is...Roddick is #1?

Oh. Okay. :)

I'm sorry that what they've been doing for roughly a decade bothers you now. :sad:

persond
Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:46 PM
:haha: he is indeed a beautiful drama Queen!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tennisIlove09
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:38 PM
Venus!

monicarules
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:15 PM
For me Venus has none of the qualities required to be called "Queen".

7~ŚLęV3ń˝
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:24 PM
course she has, no one has that Queenly attitude, just a presence of her intimidates the opponents (ask the no.1 rite now), she stares like no other player (naturally), she has class, poise, very seldom show emotions, knows the thing called style, and when you push her to the limits.. she grunts like saying 'ill bring you to the tower, bitch' etc....

starr
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:25 PM

Oh please. They do that every year.

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Of course, venus will always be the Queen...

Though MAria Sharapova could dethrone her in the next years...

anton
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:03 AM
venus is THE QUEEN!!!!!

VENUS=2004 Golden Grand Slam!!!!

monicarules
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:14 AM
ppl, plz stop calling Venus Queen. She isn't!! She hasn't won a major for more than two years and never reached the no.1 ranking for ages. She doesn't deserve it!! That title only suits Monica Seles!

Knizzle
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:27 AM
ppl, plz stop calling Venus Queen. She isn't!! She hasn't won a major for more than two years and never reached the no.1 ranking for ages. She doesn't deserve it!! That title only suits Monica Seles!

By your reasoning Seles would be far and away from the "queen" title.

persond
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:47 AM

Don't you think it would have been far better to let me "think" you a fool, than for you to post the above, and remove all traces of "doubt"...??? :angel: :angel:

VivalaSeles
Nov 4th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Pardon me for being insistent, but isn't the creator of the thread selesrules ?

irma
Nov 4th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Hi Vivala long time no see :wavey:

of course he is. he already disposed himself by saying that he is from Canada;)

monicarules
Nov 4th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Hi Vivala long time no see :wavey:

of course he is. he already disposed himself by saying that he is from Canada;)

Correction! "exposed" not "disposed"

monicarules
Nov 4th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Pardon me for being insistent, but isn't the creator of the thread selesrules ?

Who is selerules? I'm MONICARULES! :(

VivalaSeles
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Ok, selesrules, I'll start calling you monicarules. I'll humour you :p

:kiss: :wavey: Irma :kiss: :wavey:

Errinella
Nov 4th, 2003, 11:42 AM
There was only one undisputed Queen of Tennis and it was (and still is!) Chris Evert.

Her image and style of play were iconic and inspired an entire generation to emulate her. She was the most mentally durable, graceful and focused player who ever stepped on a tennis court.

:worship:

:drool:

:angel:

monicarules
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:20 PM
I just can't stand some ppl here. Venus is the last person who should be called Queen in my opinion.
If Monica doesn't deserve it then nobody doesn't either.