PDA

View Full Version : respect?

jujufan
Nov 2nd, 2003, 08:21 AM
Perhaps a stupid question, but what I'm wondering is where has the respect gone in Belgium towards our two players, not one but the two fantastic players.

In Flanders-press Justine get bashed so easily why why why?
And more and more kim gets her share too.
In Wallonie,I don't know how the situation is...
But in Flanders and on this board I'm sick of it, there is always that bashing towards our players.

Where has the respect gone?

surfinggirl
Nov 2nd, 2003, 12:33 PM
I'm sick of it too. I live in the Flanders and I'm a fan of Justine, but I do respect Kim too. They are both great players who achieved much in their young career so far.
But I hate it that the press bashes Justine all the time. It's hard for flemish Justine fans to read that stuff.
I also don't know how the situation is in Wallonie, but I don't think (cause I don't really know) it's the same in Wallonie that Kim gets bashed in the papers.
I always tought that Flemish people don't see Walloon people as Belgians, but Walloon people see Flemish people as Belgians (if you get what I mean).
So I hope this will change soon and they both get the respect they deserve from both sides!

Juju_fan
Nov 2nd, 2003, 12:40 PM
Here in the french-speaking side of Belgium, the medias take the defense of Justine against all the attacks.

They consider she has had a better year than Kim because of the Slams, but they have shown a lot of enthousiasm and respect when Kim became number one.

I'm sick of these perpetual attacks against Justine coming from the Flemish medias! I mean, I've never read anything harsh against Kim in French speaking newspapers even though we read more about Justine than about Kim in the newspapers!

caafje
Nov 2nd, 2003, 01:18 PM
In Flanders-press Justine get bashed so easily why why why?
And more and more kim gets her share too.
In Wallonie,I don't know how the situation is...

I'm Flemish and honestly, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. The Flemish media were always ravished with Justine's faboulous talent, in the whole 'doping'-case they took her site, and when she won the USO they honestly admitted that she was the best player.
Most of the 'Justine-bashing' is done by Lei Clijsters and extreme Kim-fans who lost all sense of reality.

As for what's happening in Wallonia, I don't know either (but I'd like to).

Brαm
Nov 2nd, 2003, 01:22 PM
When exactly have journalists "bashed" Justine? :confused:

I mean, people like Filip Dewulf & Leo Clijsters have brought up her increasing muscle mass, but they're not Flemish press, are they?

I'd like to read some articles or quotes from Flemish journalists, in which they bash Justine!

jujufan
Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:31 PM
If you read teletekst en read the real interviews then you'll notice things have changed ...
During commenting matches of kim and justine, justine doesn't get much respect on canvas of certain persons.
It's ok to choose sides but if they comment matches they should be objective and most aren't.
and what dewulf and lei said have been brought big in papers so that's kind of disrespectfull too ...
Really bashing isn't it but it's denying respect.

Wimanna
Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:34 PM
If you read teletekst en read the real interviews then you'll notice things have changed ...
During commenting matches of kim and justine, justine doesn't get much respect on canvas of certain persons.
It's ok to choose sides but if they comment matches they should be objective and most aren't.
and what dewulf and lei said have been brought big in papers so that's kind of disrespectfull too ...
Really bashing isn't it but it's denying respect.

Axel? Can you explain jujufan what they say about Kim in Wallonia ;) Thank you ;)

jujufan
Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:50 PM
Lol Wimanna, I was talking about Flanders, but indeed if the same happens in Wallonie but with Kim I also think they should be respectfull and objective about kim ....
It should be equal on both sides but I guess it will never be

Come-on-kim
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:02 PM
Axel? Can you explain jujufan what they say about Kim in Wallonia ;) Thank you ;)
lol they aren't objective when it's Kim vs Justine because they call Justine "Juju" and Kim "Clijsters" then ;)

And they explain Justine what she has to do to defeat Kim

Juju_fan
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:20 PM
lol they aren't objective when it's Kim vs Justine because they call Justine "Juju" and Kim "Clijsters" then ;)

And they explain Justine what she has to do to defeat Kim
As if Justine needs to read newspapers to know how to beat Kim :p

Come-on-kim
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:29 PM
As if Justine needs to read newspapers to know how to beat Kim :p
i wasn't speaking of newspapers but about commentatings

Betty
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:05 AM
De arme Justine toch,altijd het slachtoffer spelen.
Zelf heb ik naar 4 vlaamse kranten een brief geschreven omdat ze altijd pro Justine waren ik heb er mij echt aan geergerd ,en heb zelf nog gezegd arm Vlaanderen.
In het nieuwsblad hebben ze zelfs op de eerste pagina een site gezet gehad om op Justine te stemmen voor de beste mach.
Come one mannekes niet zeveren he,dan komen mijn haren recht op mijne kop.
IK HERINNER MIJ NOG OF HET GISTEREN WAS, ALLES IS BEGONNEN DE DAG KIM NR.1 IS GEWORDEN.
DAT LAG MIJ NU OP MIJN LEVER SE .

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Nov 6th, 2003, 09:55 AM
I think most people in here are overreacting. As a Justine fan i also was annoyed sometimes that Justine didn't get as much attention in the media as Kim. But to be honest, Kim was the better player at that time and Flemish, so it wasn't that weird that the media gave her more attention. But saying that Justine got/gets bashed in the media is ridiculous.

Some people seem to forget what a difficult task a journalist in general and a sport journalist in particular has. He/she has to try and stay objective. That's difficult, cause the reporter is most of the time also a big supporter. And some reporters are better in hiding this than others i suppose. If i would have to commentate on a match between Justine and Kim, i would find it difficult not to show i'm a big justine fan i think.
On the other hand, the journalist has to be critical too. If one of them plays a bad match, i expect from a journalist that he says so. It's hard to read critics about your fav in the paper, but that's part of being a topplayer.
So, we want journalist to be objective, which means they should be critical, but when they are critical, we say that this journalist bashes our favs and don't give them respect. Sounds contradictory to me.

I think that, besides the fuzz after the US Open, both our girls got the respect they deserve.

Sidenote : of course it doens't help if a manager of a player declares a mediaboycot after the player got some critic.

Sidenote II : what annoys me much more is people who start talking dutch in an english thread.

Brαm
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Jeez relax, Betty! For an 58-year-old, you do behave extremely immaturely, I must say.

Good post, Queen Elisabeth! :yeah:

Betty
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Wie is hier gvd onvolwassen? ge wordt er gewoon ziek van wanneer je deze thread begint te lezen.
Ik lees iedere dag de kranten op internet, en als grote Kim -fan heb ik meer goede dingen gelezen over Justine dan over Kim ,ik vraag mij af waar ze het hierboven vandaan halen, en het is echt om mee te lachen als jullie denken dat de walen pro Kim zijn.
En lach mij aub niet uit met mijn ouderdom want zo oud worden jullie mischien niet.

Betty
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:06 AM
Naar het profile gaan zien dat is onvolwassen ,wie gelooft daar nog in.

fleemke³
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Maybe you read most things about Justine because she won the slams?

good post Liesje :kiss::hug: ;)

Brαm
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Wie is hier gvd onvolwassen? ge wordt er gewoon ziek van wanneer je deze thread begint te lezen.
Ik lees iedere dag de kranten op internet, en als grote Kim -fan heb ik meer goede dingen gelezen over Justine dan over Kim ,ik vraag mij af waar ze het hierboven vandaan halen, en het is echt om mee te lachen als jullie denken dat de walen pro Kim zijn.
En lach mij aub niet uit met mijn ouderdom want zo oud worden jullie mischien niet.
Hoh, gij vijandig mens. Ik viel u niet aan hoor :rolleyes:

Na Toontje weer 'n Kimfan om ons voor te schamen :sad:

Betty
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Zo ,Bram-Born84 jij vindt dat niet aanvallen? Zou u niet eerst de mensen beoordelen die deze threat startte ,wat heeft de vlaamse pers hier mis gezegt van Henin? "Kim is hier 4 jaar de beste "geweest ,ik heb nooit ergens gelezenKIM CLIJSTERS IS DE ENIGE echte BESTE,tegenover wat "La Derniere Heure" heeft geschreven"Justine is de énige èchte nr.1" is Kim haar nr.1 niet waardig?Trouwens ik kom er voor uit "ik ben een ras echte vlaming"ik heb ook ooit veel gesupportert voor Justine,maar dat is voorbij .
wij hebben hier twee geweldige meisjes ,
maar de een is fel veranderd en de andere niet.
Enjullie zijn beschaamd dat ik een Kim-fan ben ?jullie zouden er van verschieten wie ik ben!!!! dan zouden jullie je schamen.
Maar hier mag de ene alles zeggen en de andere niets. EN jullie komen dan toch ook maar naar dit forum om maar echt kunnen te roddelen nietwaar?

Brαm
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Blah blah blah...

caafje
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:10 PM
jullie zouden er van verschieten wie ik ben!!!! dan zouden jullie je schamen.

Then why don't you tell us?

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:17 PM
I tried to turn this thread into a discussion about what we expect from sportsjournalists, but apparently the only thing betty wants is picking on Justine and other posters. But you're right Betty, we don't want you here. We want posters in the BBB that respect other posters, other players and doesn't start in dutch for no reason. If you don't like that, feel free to go to the GM and make some friends among the Justine haters there. Bye :wavey:

Betty
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:00 PM
I am not a hater.
IN FLANDERS-PRESS JUSTINE GET BASHED SO EASLY WHY? WHY? WHY?I don't feel well when i read something like that.
What did the press told about JUstine?Nothing bad.
The WAlloon paper"La Derniere Heure" wrote "JUSTINE IS THE ONE AND ONLY NR1"Wasn't Kim the nr.1 not worthy????????????
Please don't call me a Justine hater!!!!!!
Kim was 4years sportwoman of the year but no Flanders paper would have written KIM IS THE ONE AND ONLY BEST.
Please tell me what did the FLANDERS PRESS TOLD ABOUT JUSTINE?
But you can't deny that Justine is change
ANd again i am not a hater, only a big Kim-fan and a elke and Kirsten fan.

Betty
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Forgotten ,
I can't write good English without Help.
And queen elisabeth i know who your fav is, and i read a lot of post of you at GM and they were not always nice.

Brαm
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Forgotten ,
I can't write good English without Help.
And queen elisabeth i know who your fav is, and i read a lot of post of you at GM and they were not always nice.
Betty, don't throw stones at ppl when you're also to blame. Your posts aren't exactly the prototype of politeness either, are they?
And please, stop using caps cause that gives the impression THAT YOU ARE SHOUTING.
Oh and 1 "?" or "!" is quite enough.
Ok"????????????"

caafje
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:49 PM
The WAlloon paper"La Derniere Heure" wrote "JUSTINE IS THE ONE AND ONLY NR1"Wasn't Kim the nr.1 not worthy????????????

So although Justine won two GS's in 2003, beat Kim more than Kim beat her, piled up Tier I- and II-titles and beat Serena twice, she doesn't deserve to be #1 more than Kim does?
FGS have some perspective! I can understand you like Kim more than Justine (to use an understatement), but you could at least try to be objective. There's nothing wrong with what La Dernière Heure wrote, it's just a statement based on sheer facts. The Flemish press wrote the exact same thing- even Filip "biased, moi?" Dewulf admitted it.

Don't try to put this thing in a Flemish vs. Walloon perspective; when Martina Hingis lost her ranking to Venus, the exact same comments were made: 'now the best player gets the highest ranking'. Didn't hear anybody call it black-on-white racism back then...

Betty
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:28 PM
I am still waiting ,what bad things did the Flanders press told about Justin?Who provoked this argument ?The one who started this thread and then they can't stand a remark.

Brαm
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:54 PM
I am still waiting ,what bad things did the Flanders press told about Justin?Who provoked this argument ?The one who started this thread and then they can't stand a remark.
That I'd like to know too. As I asked in my first reply, I'd like to read some articles or at least see some headlines in which Justine gets bashed. Then we can talk.

minboy
Nov 30th, 2003, 07:39 PM
IF u guys think of "La Dernière Heure" as a "reference" newspapers, then i can only feel sorry for you.........................

They could as well sell their shit in England, just deleting "La derniere Heure" and writing "the sun" over it, if you get what i mean! ( for those who wouldn't know, the sun is a tabloid, just like dh )

and Come-on -kim, i know you're a kim fan and a justine hater, but is being objective really too much? kim bashed in french speaking medias? yeah, right!!! gotta be kidding!!!! KIm is described as "miss nice" in newspapers all over the world, and in wallonia it is no exception!

Lien
Nov 30th, 2003, 07:45 PM
IF u guys think of "La Dernière Heure" as a "reference" newspapers, then i can only feel sorry for you.........................

They could as well sell their shit in England, just deleting "La derniere Heure" and writing "the sun" over it, if you get what i mean! ( for those who wouldn't know, the sun is a tabloid, just like dh )

and Come-on -kim, i know you're a kim fan and a justine hater, but is being objective really too much? kim bashed in french speaking medias? yeah, right!!! gotta be kidding!!!! KIm is described as "miss nice" in newspapers all over the world, and in wallonia it is no exception!

You know, Come-on-Kim isn't a Justine hater, read it in the JTforum, I guess you are the Kimhater :o

Come-on-kim
Nov 30th, 2003, 07:46 PM

1) I'm not a Justine hater :wavey:

2) I never said Kim was bashed, I just said that when it comes to a Kim vs Justine on La2 or AB3, they weren't objectives, that's all

Come-on-kim
Nov 30th, 2003, 07:47 PM

BTW, I agree with you that La Dernière Heure is a tabloïd :lol:

minboy
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:10 PM
do i have to bump all the threads where COK said bullshits about justine? sorry, i don't have the time for that.

me, a kim hater?? no, hell no, but i admit that sometimes i can turn into a kimFANS hater, because SOME of them( not generalizing here ) seem to spend their time saying how kim is sweet while justine is only a bitch. ex : maryjane, space, newly registred kimfreak, ...and some others. Thats it, no more no less.

Brαm
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:12 PM
do i have to bump all the threads where COK said bullshits about justine? sorry, i don't have the time for that.

me, a kim hater?? no, hell no, but i admit that sometimes i can turn into a kimFANS hater, because SOME of them( not generalizing here ) seem to spend their time saying how kim is sweet while justine is only a bitch. ex : maryjane, space, newly registred kimfreak, ...and some others. Thats it, no more no less.
space a Kim fan? :lol:

minboy
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:29 PM
well take space out of the list, but u could as well add some more.

Brαm
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:31 PM
well take space out of the list, but u could as well add some more.
:rolleyes:

Every player has good and bad fans, you know.

Lien
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:44 PM

I have the same problem with some Justine fans, they say how good she is and what a choker and hypocrite Kim is. Again not generalizing and I don't mean you, I just didn't like the 'miss nice' comment and the attack on come-on-kim. I admit hater was a generalizing word used by me :o

Come-on-kim
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:48 PM
I have the same problem with some Justine fans, they say how good she is and what a choker and hypocrite Kim is. Again not generalizing and I don't mean you, I just didn't like the 'miss nice' comment and the attack on come-on-kim. I admit hater was a generalizing word used by me :o
Thanks Lien :wavey:

But I'm getting used to it...

minboy
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Sure, still it seems that SOME kim fans find it really hard that justine has beaten her in 2 GS final this year, while in the previous years, when kim was beating justine hands down every time they played, justine fans used to shut up and accept the losses.
Don't tell me that's not true because it is.
And once again, i'm not generalizing at all, i know it only applies to very few posters, but unfortunately, those are the ones who make the more "noise", and i also noticed that most of them are "foreigners" ( non-belgians ), and till it is the "belgian babes bands", i don't think they 're reading this anyway.

minboy
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:54 PM
well, LIEN, don't wanna start yet another fight here, but since you ( kim fans ) are always saying how sweet kim is ( and now i'm indeed generalizing ), what's the problem with calling her "miss nice"?

oops..i knew i should have shut up!!!

Lien
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:56 PM
well, LIEN, don't wanna start yet another fight here, but since you ( kim fans ) are always saying how sweet kim is ( and now i'm indeed generalizing ), what's the problem with calling her "miss nice"?

oops..i knew i should have shut up!!!

Why should you shut up? There is no need too MINBOY :p

minboy
Nov 30th, 2003, 09:07 PM
fine then.