PDA

View Full Version : Casey into final

broncosven
Nov 1st, 2003, 11:09 PM
Casey won her SF and is now into the final against Van Exel :worship:

Wish her all the best and hope an aussie can win atleast one of the QLD legs of this tour

GO CASEY!! :bounce:

Gowza
Nov 1st, 2003, 11:22 PM
keep going casey you're doing well!

Aussie_Kim
Nov 2nd, 2003, 12:55 AM
Congrats Casey:worship:
AND Goodluck :bounce:

broncosven
Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:18 AM
Casey did the double

she won in singles 63 36 75

and in doubles with Evie - 67 62 61

ON YA AUSSIE!!

Aussie_Kim
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:05 AM
Well done Casey!! :worship:
There was an article on it in Todays West Australian. It has some quotes from her so I'll post eitha all of it OR bits of it later today/tomorrow.
(Sorry I have lots of work at the momment.)

aussiefan83
Nov 3rd, 2003, 06:37 AM
wow thats a good result for her :) congratulations!

ozfan44
Nov 4th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Yay go Casey, knew u could do it
i know her family i spoke to her aunty yesterday and she said casey was so happy she is over her recent niggling injuries. She is back in Perth this week for a rest before heading to SA for her remaining three events of 2003 and hopes to continue the form and earn some MD Wildcards this summer. Maybe will be playing doubles with Nicole Sewell yet TBC.

azza
Nov 4th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Goodluck Casey :)

samhatz
Nov 4th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Congrats Casey!

Hopefully you'll be in some form for a WC to AO qualies or MD!

Aussie_Kim
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Ok well here is the article I promised- it has a few quotes from Casey which is nice (i think.)

Double triumph for Dellacqua

Woodvale teenager Casey Dellacqua has confirmed her reputation as one of the best juniors in the country by winning the singles and doubles tennis titles at the Uncle Tobys Dalby Challenger in Queensland.

Dellacqua came from 2-4 in the third set yesterday to beat Dutch player Anousjka Van Exel in her first senior ITF final 6-2 3-6 7-5.

She and fellow Australian Evie Dominikovic beat Van Exel and Elizabeth Schmidt in the doubles final 6-7(5-7) 6-2 6-1.

Dellacqua beat Japan's Maika Ozaki, Thailands Suchanun Viratprasert and fellow Australian Samantha Stosur in straight sets before edging past German qualifier Sabine Klaschka 7-5 2-6 7-5 in a semifinal on Saturday. The 18-year-old, No. 302 in WTA rankings, brushed past tournament second seed and World No. 138 Stosur 6-3 6-4 and seventh seed No. 262 Viratprasert 6-1 7-6(7-2).

Dellacqua described yesterday as "just an unbelievable day." "Its awsome and I am so excited," she said of her title wins. "I was just feeling really fatigued in the singles because I had played so many matches during the week and had a tough one the day before. But I just gave my all and got through."
In January, Dellacqua teamed with Adriana Szilli to win the girl's doubles final at the Australian Open.
Dellacqua also made the last 16 of the singles and lost a tight three set match in the first round of the womens singles. She reached another high when she and Nicole Sewell took five games from American superstars Serena and Venus Williams in a second round doubles loss at the Australian grand slam event.

Well thats it. Hope you like it!! WELL DONE CASEY :kiss: