PDA

View Full Version : Is this a 5* resort???

St.Sebastian
Oct 27th, 2003, 06:02 PM
http://www.pentanglepromotions.com/picture/gallery/pre7.htm
From the official website...

THE NET
Oct 29th, 2003, 05:06 AM
I don't think that the Dusit Thani hotel in Pattaya is a 5 stars hotel. It could be only 4 Stars as 5 stars hotels in Thailnad are much more fabolous!!

But, the Dusit Thani is worth enough for Anna K. to stay there and earn USD 250,000 just to show up and play Exhi with Tammy. She will also get free ticket from Miami to Bangkok, First class with United Airlines!!
;)

Steveg
Oct 29th, 2003, 06:18 AM
It's a 5* resort :

http://www.dusit.com/hotel/drp/index.html

And quite expensive. Besides, all the rooms are fully booked for the last week-end of the tournament (guess why ;) ). Not even a suite available :eek: .

According to the schedule, Anna will have a little show with some other players on Saturday 08. It's still USD 125,000 per session (including the exhib). Not bad :eek: .

goldenlox
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:34 AM
Is that for sure? Kournikova's making a quarter million for two days?
Anna had better pack those Thai hotels with paying customers.
Is there gambling there? Like Las Vegas?

Greenout
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:19 AM
Yep- Pataya is sin city. Alot of vice, women,
booze, and yes gambling!!

goldenlox
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:13 PM
Pattaya looks great from all the pictures. I can see why people vacation there.

Greenout
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:54 PM
Pataya has this Atlantic city image with it. A bit too commerical some people say. It's not the prettiest island in Thailand. Yes, the choices are that wide in Thailand. You can find one for your needs, beaches,
honeymoon's, solitude, 5 private beach resorts, etc.. :)

goldenlox
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:04 AM
I really don't know much about Pattaya.
But I've been lucky to play tennis at some nice, private clubs on Long Island, and those pictures of courts 1 & 2 are as beautiful as I've ever seen.

croat123
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:21 AM
not bad, almost as good as the ritz on key biscayne (spl) ... :eek:

$125 per session????? insane... miami is only like 50 for the finals and less for the other days (it like 15 the first day of the tournament)

Steveg
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:54 AM
The ticket price for the final day is around USD 13.

USD 125,000 per day is what Anna K gets ;) .

THE NET
Nov 5th, 2003, 06:33 PM
I've been there today, my 1st time since watching 2001 final. Patty def Henrieta!

It was a good day for me.

To me, I don't like the courts much but many people said that they love them. I don't know why, problably the hotel atmosphere. Dusit Resort at Pattaya is a very good hotel. I had Fish and Chip there and it was USD 8 for me!! :(

I think Anna K. will like the hotel. Those courts are like TMS Monte Carlo's...clear, through view to the sea!! ;)

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Is there gambling at the Dusit Resort? The players must enjoy such a party - type city.