PDA

View Full Version : When should we starting pushing for a sam stosur forum?

Gowza
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:34 AM
or do we just want a thread for her rather than a forum. i would suggest that we just tryng to get one just as the australian challenger season finishes up or by the end of this year because sam should get quite a few points from the aussie challenges and will hopefully be near the top 100.

kell
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:49 AM
or do we just want a thread for her rather than a forum. i would suggest that we just tryng to get one just as the australian challenger season finishes up or by the end of this year because sam should get quite a few points from the aussie challenges and will hopefully be near the top 100.

I don't think they'd let her have one at the moment...there wouldn't be much discussion in it. But it'd be great if we could make it happen. I'd post there :) .

It took ages to get an Alicia forum going, so we should start pushing for a Sam one now.

Has anyone ever tried pushing for a Nicole forum? I probably wouldn't post there if she had one . . . but she has been on tour a lot longer than Alicia and must have some kind of fan base here.

Gowza
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:58 AM
i'm not sure whether anyone has ever pushed for a nicole forum, i wouldn't post there either and i'm not sure about her fanbase on this board.

but sam's a big talent and although it took a long time to get a forum for alicia i think if sam starts playing to her potential more often and gets her ranking up into the top 100 it will be easier to get one for her than it waas for alicia because before we got one for alicia we didn't have many posters in here and because of the alicia forum we have a few more posters and people post more often.

kell
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:19 AM
i'm not sure whether anyone has ever pushed for a nicole forum, i wouldn't post there either and i'm not sure about her fanbase on this board.

but sam's a big talent and although it took a long time to get a forum for alicia i think if sam starts playing to her potential more often and gets her ranking up into the top 100 it will be easier to get one for her than it waas for alicia because before we got one for alicia we didn't have many posters in here and because of the alicia forum we have a few more posters and people post more often.

That's true. I never really used to post here much until we got an Alicia forum.

Its a bit sad for Nicole that she doesn't have the fans that Alicia and Sam have. But I guess that's her own fault.

I can't wait to see how Sam does next year. She's definately going to have an exciting career.

broncosven
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:11 AM
yeah but she needs to win the easy matches as she has just lost in the 1st round of a 25K for the 2nd week in a row

she id support a forum she has talent

TS
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:44 AM
Can I just say, enough with the player forums?

The point of the Tennis Australia forum is to discuss ALL players, together in the one place.

I for one can't be bothered sifting through various player forums, so I'd prefer to have none so we could discuss each player together. Let's avoid breaking it up even further shall we?

This is just my opinion...feel free to stomp all over it.

Gowza
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:13 AM

The point of the Tennis Australia forum is to discuss ALL players, together in the one place.

I for one can't be bothered sifting through various player forums, so I'd prefer to have none so we could discuss each player together. Let's avoid breaking it up even further shall we?

the point of player forums is to discuss that player as an individual and maybe as a doubles team if they play doubles. it doesn't stop poeple from talking about ALL players in the part which isn't a players forum. but i understand that having player forums does take some discussion away when discussing ALL players. i don't see many forums made about sam so it wouldn't break up the 'tennis australia' forum very much at all.

i understand your view point and what you are saying.

AUSBOY
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:18 AM

I couldn't agree more TS!!

Its pathetic to start all these forums. The only Australian player worthy of one is Alicia Molik.

Scrap the other two and have all posts in the Tennis Australia Forum.

louloubelle
Oct 22nd, 2003, 05:18 AM
I couldn't agree more TS!!

Its pathetic to start all these forums. The only Australian player worthy of one is Alicia Molik.

Scrap the other two and have all posts in the Tennis Australia Forum.

Same here.... quite often the best discussions about players comes up in general topics anyway...

kell
Oct 22nd, 2003, 05:54 AM
I can see why some of you prefer only one forum, but here are my reasons why I think individual player forums are nice.

1. Its a great way to pay homage to a player you admire. Although I'm sure Alicia has never been to this forum, it's still a sign of respect to say that she deserves her own place for discussion. Stosur may not be at Alicia's level yet, but she certainly has her fans here and they should have a place to centralise their discussion about her.

2. Its a great way to meet people with your own interests. I know that people who post in the Alicia forum have at least one thing in common with me: they like Alicia.

3. As Gowza mentioned, more people have posted in Tennis Australia since Alicia got her own forum. Seeing her name on the list of forums brings interest over here, as many WTAworld posters like her. If we had a Stosur forum, the same thing could happen, even if the interest is just the "who the hell is Sam Stosur" kind of interest.

4. Tennis Australia covers a huge range of topics and its nice to be able to get straight to the Alicia stuff without sorting through everything else that doesn't interest you.

This is not to say that I don't enjoy the general forum. It's good to read the posts about other Aussies who don't have their own forum, and other general stuff that concerns Australian Tennis. But it's also good to have places that serve as a kind of headquarters for the individual player fan bases.

azza
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:07 AM
to answer the question when she stops losing the easy matches

slice
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:53 AM
now! we need a forum 4 her asap! she shuldve beat davy at wimbledon and is definately top 50 material!

go sam stosur :hearts:

kell
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:22 AM
to answer the question when she stops losing the easy matches

I should hope that we're not such fickle fans to only support her when she's doing well. She's one of the best female Aussie talents around and should be acknowledged for it.

Vicky88
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:12 AM
Totally agree with those who say we should just keep everything in the one forum covering all Ozzie gals. You only have to look at the small amount of postings made to Evie's, Rachel's and Alicia's forum to see that their support level at this site does not justify their own forum. I like to see it all on one forum becuase that way I tend to read about every player.