PDA

View Full Version : If your favorite player retired tomorrow....

JennyS
Oct 21st, 2003, 09:31 PM
If your favorite players decided to retire, would you be more interest in women's or men's tennis?

tennisIlove09
Oct 21st, 2003, 09:32 PM
women's, because at least Venus has a sister :o

JennyS
Oct 21st, 2003, 09:34 PM
I actually would be more interested in the men if Jen retired.

prncalb2000
Oct 21st, 2003, 09:37 PM
My favorite, Martina Hingis, has retired...sad day...but the interest is still high because competition is fierce...

Kart
Oct 21st, 2003, 09:37 PM
Women's tennis

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:42 PM
if monica, anna or jelena retired i would still be more interested in womens...lol...but not as interested though

pReUrBrIyN
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:49 PM
If Chanda retired, I'd still have Venus and Serena but if all three of those people retired. But I think by the time all three of these guys retire there are going to be some new ones that I like.

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:46 PM
I think ILl always prefer women's tennis. Well one of my fave only is 16, so I can follow her for a while, if she doesn't become like another beautiful russian :tape:

ktwtennis
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:56 PM
They'd become the same...

kell
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:59 PM
If Alicia retired, I'd still have Kim and Sam in the women's . . . but Kim's not an Aussie and Sam's yet to really come into her full talent. So I'd probably switch over to men's tennis, coz I love heaps of the male tennis players.

j_dementieva27
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:08 AM
if elena retired... i would still like women;s tennis 800,000X more than mens tennis...matches between players ranked outside of the top ten and match between people inside the otp ten are much funner to watch"

mens tennis is boring and long... and too much empahsis on the serve... look at roddick, there are people with just as good strokes as him, but the serve makes him a grand slam champ

LeonHart
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:41 AM
Sadly Martina retired, but I'm still more interested in womens :p

starr
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:50 AM
I'm more interested in Men's tennis anyway.

I liked women's tennis as much or more when Martina was playing, but now it's interesting for the clothes and the gossip, but not for the tennis. The unforced error rate sets my teeth on edge. It's rare to see a men's match with so many errors.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:11 AM
I'd still take more interest in women's tennis if Amelie retired...despite what has happened with some of my other favourites (the Spice Girls). There are still a lot of personalities whom I find fascinating. As for the quality of the actual tennis.... there's a lot to be said for preferring the men's game anyway.

faboozadoo15
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:38 AM
well i've kinda replaced roger as my favorite over monica :eek:
momentarily... till she's back.
so when she fully retires, i'll probably be about even, i like more players in the wta but my fav would be atp. i've been posting and reading the men's forums about equally as there has been no monica and roger is in a race for #1 (a race which looks to be nearly impossible to win-- but i still have faith).

Diya
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:40 AM
I'd still be interested in Women's tennis

Ballbuster
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:46 AM
Martina
Monica
Lindsay
Anna

All these fans should leave the board. Their fave's been retired long ago.

If Venus and Serena retires I'll stop watching tennis. But by that time I'm sure I'll find another colored gal to root for.

LeonHart
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:47 AM
Martina
Monica
Lindsay
Anna

All these fans should leave the board. Their fave's been retired long ago.

If Venus and Serena retires I'll stop watching tennis. But by that time I'm sure I'll find another colored gal to root for.
You mean a colored gal that wins all the time. :)

Ballbuster
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:51 AM
You mean a colored gal that wins all the time. :)

You got it. :drool:

LeonHart
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:16 AM
You got it. :drool:
Good, just clarifying to everyone why ur a willies fan :):drool:

TM
Oct 22nd, 2003, 08:57 AM
read the first line of my signature.

But if my fave did retire tomorrow i'd shoot myself.

Lindsayfan
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:01 AM
i already like and follow men's tennis more than women's so if Lindsay tomorrow retires,i'll keep focusing on men.

-Ph51-
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:07 AM
Life goes on,and,tennis also!

Benny
Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:42 AM
Don't ask me why but I think that I would like mens tennis better.

CamilleVidann
Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:45 AM
Umm...if the sistaz retired tomorrow, I would leave the board for good..no exception...

Cheng921
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:31 PM
If my favorite tennis player Mary Pierce & Anna Kournikova were retired....

I will be heartbrake!! :sad: :bigcry: :tears: :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2:

Because I want to see:

Mary Pierce - Becomes the NO.1 tennis player of the world!! :bounce: :hearts: :inlove: :kiss:

Anna Kournikova - To get the first single title of WTA tour!! :bounce: :hearts: :inlove: :kiss:

Therefore, I don't want to see their retire!! :mad: :fiery: :shout:

What do you think? :confused:

Linzi
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:11 PM
Martina has retired :sad:
I was heartbroken at first but life goes on. I'm trying to find another player to follow. At the mo, its probably Zvonerava.

Ballbuster
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:14 PM

Because I want to see:

Mary Pierce - Becomes the NO.1 tennis player of the world!! :bounce: :hearts: :inlove: :kiss:

Anna Kournikova - To get the first single title of WTA tour!! :bounce: :hearts: :inlove: :kiss:

You are in for a rude Awakening kiddo

tommystar
Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:42 PM
If Alicia retired, I'd still have Kim and Sam in the women's . . . but Kim's not an Aussie

YET!!

LeonHart
Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:26 PM

Because I want to see:

:haha:

Scotso
Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:51 PM
I'm more interested in men's anyway.

R&J
Oct 24th, 2003, 12:56 PM
if monica, anna or jelena retired i would still be more interested in womens...lol...but not as interested though
My sentiments exactly.:yeah: