PDA

View Full Version : Which tennis player is the most arrogant?

Jen'sFan
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:34 PM
Who d'ya think?

pigam
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:38 PM
How d'ya think?
Me thinks some options are missing ... ;)

Bezz
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:38 PM
In this order:

1. SERENA
2. JUSTINE
3. ALEX
4 JELENA

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:40 PM
This all depends on what u define as "arrogant". When Hingis was on the scene she was the most arrogant, but it was never seen as such, she was considered "fiesty". Jennifer was arrogant in many ways, but she was considered "Americas Bad Girl" so this was ok. Serena and Venus came on the scene with a lot of confidence and they were considered "arrogant" and a list of other names!(most of which can be found in threads on this board!) I think the most arrogant was Martina Hingis, and Jennifer Capriati, because their arrogance was blatant towards other players!

-Ph51-
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:42 PM
Who d'ya think?
Serena Williams.

MarcusRock
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:42 PM
Me thinks some options are missing ... ;)Exactly.

Jen's Fan = http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Denial.gif

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:44 PM
I think the most arrogant was Martina Hingis, and Jennifer Capriati, because their arrogance was blatant towards other players!

This is the most truest statement.

-Ph51-
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:49 PM
This all depends on what u define as "arrogant". When Hingis was on the scene she was the most arrogant, but it was never seen as such, she was considered "fiesty". Jennifer was arrogant in many ways, but she was considered "Americas Bad Girl" so this was ok. Serena and Venus came on the scene with a lot of confidence and they were considered "arrogant" and a list of other names!(most of which can be found in threads on this board!) I think the most arrogant was Martina Hingis, and Jennifer Capriati, because their arrogance was blatant towards other players!
That's true too. :worship:

bandabou
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:54 PM
Hey at least all the Williams´s words become true. When Venus said Serena was gonna be her biggest rival....it became true. No.1 and no.2...true. When Serena said after ´01 that she was gonna go on the next level....it became true as well!

nygirl
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:56 PM
Jen was not arrogant towards other players imo, a major bitch she was but arrogant no. Martina on the other hand :worship: girl knows no equal in the arrogance department.

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:29 PM
this thread is ridiculous, this misinformed poster left off two of the most arrogant players who have ever been on the tour.

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:55 PM
Venus

DA FOREHAND
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:14 PM
Venus

:lol:

Serena :mad: :worship:
justine :devil:
Martina H :worship:
Martina N. :wavey:
Irena Spirlea :o
Anna K :lol:

Tompier
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:17 PM
That would be CAPRIATI

fifiricci
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:28 PM
Kimmie!
:rolleyes:

bandabou
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:30 PM
Kimmie!
:rolleyes:

Nah.....don´t ya see all the arrogant people have won slams?!

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:34 PM
:lol:

Serena :mad: :worship:
justine :devil:
Martina H :worship:
Martina N. :wavey:
Irena Spirlea :o
Anna K :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

tennisIlove09
Oct 21st, 2003, 07:51 PM
Hingis, Capriati

UDiTY
Oct 21st, 2003, 08:37 PM
Hingis, Capriati

Definitely these two...Hingis was the most arrogant player ever, but I miss her confidence.. :sad:

Declan
Oct 21st, 2003, 08:37 PM
What on earth is Mary Pierce doing on this list???!!!!!!

Kart
Oct 21st, 2003, 08:44 PM
I was about to ask the same question. I can't remember Mary ever saying anything to give that impression :confused:.

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 08:47 PM
^^^She don't have to say anything. It was in her walk. Mary is very arrogant, without the goods to match.

jrm
Oct 21st, 2003, 09:17 PM
I always thought Sanchez Vicario was arrogant ... she gave that kind of impression

Declan
Oct 21st, 2003, 09:17 PM
^^^She don't have to say anything. It was in her walk. Mary is very arrogant, without the goods to match.

Mary is regal in her bearing - please don't mistake that for arrogance!

But I think six years in the Top Ten, plus two Grand Slam singles titles and 13 other tournament victories are very much 'the goods to match'!!!

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 21st, 2003, 09:30 PM
maria sharapova is SOOOOOOOOOOO arrogant

joaco
Oct 21st, 2003, 09:44 PM
Venus definetely... I believe she is the worst....... BY FAR

Captain.Canada
Oct 21st, 2003, 09:47 PM
Hey at least all the Williams´s words become true. When Venus said Serena was gonna be her biggest rival....it became true. No.1 and no.2...true. When Serena said after ´01 that she was gonna go on the next level....it became true as well!

Personally, I don't care if it what arrogant people say come true or not. Arrogance is very unattractive in a person.

I agree with Gangstabackhand's point about the Williams' being called arrogant when the other arrogant players were called "fiesty" and "america's bad girl". Those other players should have been called arrogant as well but it still doesn't take away from the fact that the Williams' are arrogant.

I think modesty is an underestimated quality these days!

Tompier
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:28 PM

But I think six years in the Top Ten, plus two Grand Slam singles titles and 13 other tournament victories are very much 'the goods to match'!!!

Exacly, Mary isn't arogant at all. She is great actress, Her matches are often a big SHOWS. Her smile and behaviour on court are classics. Ballbuster don't say such stupid words just becouse you don't like Mary. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Astro Jetson
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:29 PM
This poll is missing some people :rolleyes:

bandabou
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:53 PM
Personally, I don't care if it what arrogant people say come true or not. Arrogance is very unattractive in a person.

I agree with Gangstabackhand's point about the Williams' being called arrogant when the other arrogant players were called "fiesty" and "america's bad girl". Those other players should have been called arrogant as well but it still doesn't take away from the fact that the Williams' are arrogant.

I think modesty is an underestimated quality these days!

But what IS arrogance exactly?!

Oizo
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:25 PM
From that list I think Stevenson.

Deira
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:29 AM
How about some examples of Veus being "arrogant"? I know there must be many, but I can't think of one. Come on give up the tapes people ... if you can.

Berlin_Calling
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:39 AM
Mary is very feminine and chic when she is on the court and when she walks. Thats not arrogance ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:43 AM
WOW...not at all a biased poll :rolleyes:

Were are the most arrogant of them all? JCAp where are you? Oh yeah, she is now screaming at a ballkid...

TennisLurker
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:48 AM
Hingis during the Australian Open final told Lindsay, do you want me to serve or to break you first?

Freewoman33
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:36 AM
Venus, Serena and Hingis - Arrogance = Confidence.

Jennifer - Rude. Especially to the Sisters. That's

why Venus put her in her place at the USO.

Alex - Arrogant with nothng to back it up. Also rude.

Mary - was indeed regal.

Agree with Gangstabackhand.

dreamgoddess099
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:02 AM
Arrogance is just fine when you're a champion. Why should you have to hold back and down play your abilities just to make the losers feel better? It's a sport, get over it! There is nothing wrong with being good, knowing, and showing it. All champions have a little arrogance in them, whether they admit it or not. You have to believe you are the best to achieve the best. I personally never look for anyone to shower praise upon me when I achieve something. The accomplishment itself should be praise enough. You shouldn't need validation from others.

tennnisfannn
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:10 AM
Amazing how no one has one quote to 'prove' the Williams arrogance. Maybe it is just a myth. :D

Ballbuster
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:33 AM

!!!

I don't see nothing of regalia in her. Absolutely nothing.

Diya
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:36 AM
I don't see nothing of regalia in her. Absolutely nothing.

You need 'eyes' to see that ...but then crassly people like you wouldn't know :tape:

xr6turbo
Oct 22nd, 2003, 05:00 AM
Justine "For Sure"!! :lol:

Knizzle
Oct 22nd, 2003, 05:03 AM
WOW...not at all a biased poll :rolleyes:

Were are the most arrogant of them all? JCAp where are you? Oh yeah, she is now screaming at a ballkid...

What exactly did she say to you CD?? I don't think I ever heard your story.

Cheng921
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:13 PM
I think the most arrogant tennis players are:

Juju (Justine Henin-Hardenne)

Williams sister (Venus & Serena)

Jelena Dokic

Jennifer Capriati

Monica Seles

Kim Clijsters

It is because they always defeat my favorite tennis players - Mary Pierce & Anna Kournikova to destroy my good dreams!! :sad: :bigcry: :tears: :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2: :( :mad: :fiery: :banghead: :shout:

Therefore I was became their hostile fans. :devil:

What do you think?

Linzi
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:07 PM
What is this Cheng person on?

Capriati is well arrogant, a bit disrespectful to all the other players.

GermanBoy
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:13 PM
In former times I would have said Hingis but now I vote for Serena. I think, Venus is much nicer than Serena. Henin-Hardenne is a wanna be-arrogant!

bandabou
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:19 PM
Funny to see that the two most "arrogant" players are the best players of their generation. I guess you need a certain arrogance to be a great champion.

That´s why Kim can´t win, no!!! Because she is TOO, TOO, TOO DANG nice!!

kim4eva
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:27 PM

Jelena Dokic

Jennifer Capriati

Monica Seles

Kim Clijsters

It is because they always defeat my favorite tennis players - Mary Pierce & Anna Kournikova to destroy my good dreams!! :sad: :bigcry: :tears: :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2: :( :mad: :fiery: :banghead: :shout:

Therefore I was became their hostile fans. :devil:

What do you think?

But what I think is, defeating your favourite player does not make them arrogant. You just find it hard to accept that your fave player lost to a better player, is it?

Tompier
Oct 22nd, 2003, 05:12 PM
ORIGINALY POSTED BY CHENG

Jelena Dokic

Jennifer Capriati

Monica Seles

Kim Clijsters

It is because they always defeat my favorite tennis players - Mary Pierce & Anna Kournikova to destroy my good dreams!!

You are not serious but stupid as always !!! Pierce has won the last matches against Capriati and Dokic, Won last 3 matches against Seles. Played only once against Clijsters in this year's Filderstat semifinal and almost won first set thriller. So I am asking: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ????????????? Or maybe it is just the waste of time :rolleyes:

Berlin_Calling
Oct 23rd, 2003, 02:13 AM
yay cheng is back lol. but juju shouldnt be on that list Cheng ;)

pReUrBrIyN
Oct 23rd, 2003, 02:15 AM
Spirlea, boy what an arrogant bitch she was

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 24th, 2003, 01:42 AM
What exactly did she say to you CD?? I don't think I ever heard your story.

She actually never siad anything to me, but when i was at net being a ballboy for ehr match vs Frazier in Quebec city few years ago she was rude to other ballboys of my teams, the line judges (who actually were on her side and gave her lots of calls) and the umpire...

She was really rude all the times...Since then i don't especially like her...When she did a speech for the alst time here, everyone could feel that she was ssying " Im not coming back here, this tourney is too low for me"....And that is very rude adn useless!

Great thing that Venus always beat her :taped:

Greenout
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:14 AM
It's more than on court behaviour. It's an all around
thing. Hingis was arrogant on court; but she was nice
to fans and other players off court. Serena and Jenn
can be rude and arrogant on court; but they're both very
nice off court. When the camera's not around, they have
even been known to be sweeter!! lol.

I think the two most arrogant players are Anna K and
Venus. They don't give a rat's ass about the other
players. It's all about "me!!". Not really friendly to
other players off court, nor willing to give the time of
day to tennis fans at tournaments.

jimbo mack
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:20 AM
kournikova is one of the most arrogant people i have seen!

she's the most arrogant player- hands down!!

treufreund
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Venus Williams almost as arrogant as alex.

xr6turbo
Oct 24th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Can someone tell me how Venus Williams is arrogant and support their claim with an actual quote!! :rolleyes:

Tennis_IS_Fun
Oct 24th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Serena oh-no-i-lost-coz-i-suck-today-big-crybaby Williams:rolleyes:

Joana
Oct 24th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Hingis during the Australian Open final told Lindsay, do you want me to serve or to break you first?

It happened at USO SF '97 and it wasn't arrogant, Martina was joking and they were both laughing at it.