PDA

View Full Version : Alicia

kell
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:03 AM
When was the last time there was a thread about Alicia in this forum? Is this because I haven't posted here for so long?

I get really sick of fickle fans who rave on about her whenever she knocks down a high ranked player, but vanish into obscurity if she fails to do anything exciting for a month or two.

I'm not talking about her real fans, like Azza, Spikey, vs1 ( ;) ) and other regular contributors to her forum.

It's not even like she's in a major form slump. She's ranked 36 . . . that's only three places lower than her best ever.

To all you who like to occasionally hop on her bandwagon: this is the time to stop pretending and really start following her career, coz the only place Alicia's going is up.

Gowza
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:33 AM
hi kell :wavey:

i think it is because she hasn't done much the last couple of months plus she's not in the form she was at the start of the year so people don't see her as much of a threat now. i'm so proud of her, i thought she was going to be in and out of the top 50 and top 100 all her career but this year she has stayed around the 30's and 40's and yes all she will do is improve and go up the ranks even higher.

Maggie&MomoFan
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:38 AM
i acutally thought she was going to become a top 20, top 15 girl, bc just aobut until Roland Garros she played beautiful tennis, though im not her biggest fan, itd be nice to see an aussie in the mix of the womens game!!!

kell
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:15 AM
i acutally thought she was going to become a top 20, top 15 girl, bc just aobut until Roland Garros she played beautiful tennis, though im not her biggest fan, itd be nice to see an aussie in the mix of the womens game!!!

It's been a long time since we had someone of Alicia's calibre. You're not the only one who thought she'd be higher than she is now :) . But she's doing well, and I'm proud.

Hey Gowza :wavey: You're right about people not seeing her as a threat. Someone said that Chanda has an easy run at Luxembourg . . . even though she has a potential meeting with Alicia in the third round.

SJW
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:19 AM
it's because GM is basically dominated by Williams vs Belgian tete-a-tetes ;)

but go Alicia :hearts:

kim4eva
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:46 PM
I am a Alicia fan coz I'm an aussie ;) , just as not as much I like Kim. I mean, Alicia's a nice girl :hearts: ...but I somehow like Kim more... I support her when she's playing against whoever it is but not against Kim. :p It's such a pity there aren't much aussie girls out there...:o
GO Alicia! :angel:

martinafan
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:24 PM
I just hope that Alicia has a good tournament at Luxembourg and wherever else she's playing this year (if she is playing somewhere else), cause she has a few points to defend early next year at Hobart, so it would be good to have a good performance here at Luxembourg to offset the upcoming loss of those points.

GermanBoy
Oct 21st, 2003, 08:56 PM
I like Alicia because she is a sexy girl! :kiss: She just won versus Grande 3 and 3... :bounce: Great win for Alicia! Bad for Rita Grande! :wavey:

kell
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:51 PM
I just hope that Alicia has a good tournament at Luxembourg and wherever else she's playing this year (if she is playing somewhere else), cause she has a few points to defend early next year at Hobart, so it would be good to have a good performance here at Luxembourg to offset the upcoming loss of those points.

She'll be ok ;) I'm sure those points will be defended. Remember she also had some issues with injuries earlier this year, so if everything runs smoothly next year, she'll be playing more tournaments.

vs1
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:21 AM
Hey Kell! :kiss:
Yeah, every now and then we need a sane Alicia fan like you to kick us in the butt!!! Thanks for doing that, love.

GO ALICIA!!! :bounce: :bounce:

One more thing Kell...Alicia has always been in my sig. So I'm not THAT fickle! :lol: :lol:

kell
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:25 AM
Hey Kell! :kiss:
Yeah, every now and then we need a sane Alicia fan like you to kick us in the butt!!! Thanks for doing that, love.

GO ALICIA!!! :bounce: :bounce:

One more thing Kell...Alicia has always been in my sig. So I'm not THAT fickle! :lol: :lol:

Hey mate! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

I soooo should have mentioned you as one of Alicia's REAL fans. I can't apologise enough! I don't know what I was thinking! :kiss:

vs1
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:35 AM
No worries, love. As long as in your heart you know that I love Alicia...and as long as you continue to be her strongest advocate here, then I'm absolutely happy!!!!

You rock, Kell!!! :worship: :worship: :kiss: