PDA

View Full Version : Will Jennifer Capriati play the year end champs

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:58 PM
She said after her last match she was tired and burnt out and didn't really feel like fighting anymore. Does that mean she will skip the chmps? She's not very good on indoors anyway and needs to rest up. Anyone know for certain?

lizchris
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:59 PM
I think she will. She has semifinal points to defend an if she doesn't defend them and Venus defends hers, Venus will move back to number five, I think.

E. Blackadder
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:02 PM
please play jenny, we want to see some good matches :sad:

Keith
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:06 PM
She will be fined heavily if she does not show up. I think she will play.

DannerCal
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Jennifer will play. She has already said that she is looking forward to it, and discussed the new format.
She has a break right now, so I think she will come to the event fresh and hungry!

CapFan#1
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Last year she was the most rested player at the YEC after she took a similar break during the fall indoor season, and made it to the SF. I think she is really looking forward to this event and has said as much several times this year. I dont see her missing this at all. She will have had 5 weeks off by the time the event starts--- plenty of time for a vacation/break and to train for this event!!!!

DA FOREHAND
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:48 PM
I think she will. She has semifinal points to defend an if she doesn't defend them and Venus defends hers, Venus will move back to number five, I think.

Somehow I don't think either Venus or Jennifer gives a damn about the number five ranking! :rolleyes:

Kart
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:00 PM
She'd be crazy not to - with Serena out there is a great opportunity there for her.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:01 PM
She'd be crazy not to - with Serena out there is a great opportunity there for her.

You're right she's been burning up the tour since Wimbledon.

Kart
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:26 PM
I'm glad you agree.

DEETHELICK
Oct 20th, 2003, 09:11 PM
I hope she will. As stated above, she's had a long rest and I feel that the YEC is important to her. Plus its in USA so that will help too!

I'd say I'm 99% sure Jen will play! :)

JennyS
Oct 20th, 2003, 09:19 PM
As much as Jen stuggles indoors, she said last year that she felt very comfortable in the Staples Center and the lighting didn't bother her.

If she doesn't ask for a wildcard for Philadelphia, she will have had a longer break this year than last year, where she made it to the qf's in Linz.

I think Jen is looking forward to this tournament and I think she will play.

jenny161185
Oct 20th, 2003, 10:01 PM
i hope she plays anyway - would love to see her play venus

SueBarker
Oct 20th, 2003, 10:15 PM
I hope so. Otherwise it'll be boring. As a broadcaster, I'm aware of just how entertaining Jen is. Oh, and she won the French 25 years after me.

Pamela Shriver
Oct 20th, 2003, 10:21 PM
I hope Jen plays too...I love pammentating to her matches, I just LOVE getting those vowels around CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRTEEE.....

GermanBoy
Oct 20th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Jennifer will play! I know how motivated she is when it`s coming to the big tournaments. :bounce: I don`t really understand this post. :confused: Jen said she feels tired and like someone said she has her break now. She never said she won`t play any more matches this season. :rolleyes:

Mase
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Im thinking she'll be there as well......

MisterQ
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:13 AM
i hope she plays anyway - would love to see her play venus

So would I! It's amazing how long it has been since Jen and Venus played each other.

GermanBoy
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:29 AM
So would I! It's amazing how long it has been since Jen and Venus played each other.

But then in the final, please! :worship: I am extremely fed up with these boring Belgian finals... :rolleyes:

magassi
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:48 AM
A Jen-Venus final would be amazing!

j_dementieva27
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:56 AM
jen will play.. but i have a feeling she will have great matches but lose and will not advance to the semis or further... could lose to better indoor players [say the two russian myskina/dementieva?]

BasicTennis
Oct 21st, 2003, 06:57 AM
Jenny will be a semifinal beauty at most in this tournament.;)