PDA

View Full Version : Bush makes world more dangerous

tfannis
Oct 20th, 2003, 04:30 PM
'Bush makes world more dangerous' say survey Britons

More than half of Britons feel the policies of George Bush have made the world a more dangerous place to live, according to a new poll.

Some 52% of British people questioned in the Europe-wide survey said the world was more dangerous as a result of Mr Bush's war on terrorism.

In other contries 69% in Belgium and Switzerland, 67% in the Netherlands and 57% overall say he has made the world more dangerous.

Just 7% of Europeans asked by pollsters TNS for CNN and Time magazine said Mr Bush had made the world safer.

The survey suggested that British people were more confident than their counterparts on continental Europe the US took the rest of the world into account when deciding its actions.

Some 36% of British people polled said that the US acted only in its own interests, against 51% in Europe overall, 71% in Finland and 66% in France and Switzerland.

Just 11% of those questioned said the US had the rest of the world's best interests at heart.

Marita Carballo, global head of TNS Polling & Social, said: "America's recent actions on the world stage to fight the war on terror have had major repercussions on the perception others hold of America around the world.

"It is evident that the impact of US policy has created strong divisions between itself and its former European allies and the US continues to be seen as a country absorbed in pursuing its own agenda, rather than acting in the interest of others."

The poll suggested that 35% of Europeans feel more negatively towards the US than they did 12 months ago, against 5% who feel more positive. Some 20% of Britons questioned said that they felt more negatively towards the US than last year.

Story filed: 19:05 Thursday 16th October 2003

I wonder how Europe will react next year during/after the elections.

decemberlove
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:17 PM
aww nobody likes us :sad:

Some 36% of British people polled said that the US acted only in its own interests, against 51% in Europe overall, 71% in Finland and 66% in France and Switzerland.

everybody acts in their own interests.

gentenaire
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:20 PM
aww nobody likes us :sad:

You forgot to type the B and H around 'us'.

everybody acts in their own interests.

That was my first reaction as well.

decemberlove
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:24 PM
You forgot to type the B and H around 'us'.

ha. very, very true :)

That was my first reaction as well.

Scotso
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Even in the US we don't like Bush. So I understand where Europeans are coming from.

Bacardi
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:14 PM
He also makes the world a poorer place. :p

The amount of money that puke has wasted makes me ill. The jobs he cost people and all, talk about a real loser. Mr Bushy, you are on your way out :woohoo: