PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the Year Ending Championships?

Paneru
Oct 20th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Whom do you believe is going to take the title?

SerenaSlam
Oct 20th, 2003, 03:48 PM
it will be a shame if venus went there and won i straight sets in all her matches. it would really show the "rankings flaws" w/out a doubt.

ToeTag
Oct 20th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Amelie!! You never know...pigs might fly and hell could freeze over. :angel: :tape:

Linnie
Oct 20th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Amelie!! You never know...pigs might fly and hell could freeze over. :angel: :tape:
Hey - stranger things have happened :crazy: ;)

DA FOREHAND
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Venus Williams

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Wow....Venus hasn´t played since Wimbledon, while the Belgians have racked titles here, there,...still no one thinks they can´t win?! Hey they´re no.1 and no.2 goddamnit!! They are gonna win for sure!! :spit:

Goal_Post
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:41 PM
If Jen shows her US Open form and doesn't get tight in difficult situations, then no problem.
But if she shows up with her indoor form from last few years, then no chance.

schris
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:59 PM
I don`t think Venus will play

lizchris
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Wow....Venus hasn´t played since Wimbledon, while the Belgians have racked titles here, there,...still no one thinks they can´t win?! Hey they´re no.1 and no.2 goddamnit!! They are gonna win for sure!! :spit:

Venus and Serena won more titles than they did last year and Kim won the YEC. Same with Serena in 2001, so who is to say that Venus can't win if she plays (considering she has four losses (two of them retirements) against the five people who are ahead of her in the race).

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Venus and Serena won more titles than they did last year and Kim won the YEC. Same with Serena in 2001, so who is to say that Venus can't win if she plays (considering she has four losses (two of them retirements) against the five people who are ahead of her in the race).

I was just making fun of the no.1 and no.2 in the world.....you echo my sentiments exactly...

Lady
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Right now Justine is leading ;)

Shedevil
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:46 PM
let's face it, justine will be champion :p

harloo
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:50 PM
I don`t think Venus will play

unfortunately me either. :sad:

lizchris
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Well, I am holding out hope that she will. I thought she would announce that she isn't going to play the rest of the year when Serena announced she wouldn't. My guess is that since the Philly tournament starts next Monday, we will know by at the earliest the middle of this week if she is playing either event.

anabel
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:00 PM
I would put my money on Kim

AjdeNate!
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:05 PM
As I've said before.... the winner, she'll speak French, but not reside in France. ;)

Linnie
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:10 PM
As I've said before.... the winner, she'll speak French, but not reside in France. ;)
<---------- ;)

tenn_ace
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:11 PM

Elena Dementieva :bounce:

AjdeNate!
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:13 PM
<---------- ;)
Shhhhh, :tape: you caught me again. ;)

Linnie
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Shhhhh, :tape: you caught me again. ;)
Sorry :ignore: :angel: ;)

Volcana
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:30 PM

Serena isn't even playing!?!?

tennisIlove09
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:32 PM
If Venus plays, she'll have my bet.

If Venus skips out, Justine gets my vote. (She's clearly the best player after Venus and Serena)

Knizzle
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:34 PM
If Venus is 100% then I don't see her dropping a set from Advanta through the Year End Championships.

ally baker
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Maria Sharapova... after 30 more people withdraw.

Mercury Rising
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Elena will win.

Smart
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Justine. No questions.

Toontje
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Kim ofcourse :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jodie
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:17 PM
Justine :yeah:

propi
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:37 PM
I wish in this order:
:bounce:Amèlie, Anastasia Myskina, Justine :bounce:

Paneru
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:35 PM
Well, I am holding out hope that she will. I thought she would announce that she isn't going to play the rest of the year when Serena announced she wouldn't. My guess is that since the Philly tournament starts next Monday, we will know by at the earliest the middle of this week if she is playing either event.

I was thinking the same thing. I figured if Venus were not to play in LA their would be no reason to play in Philly and she'd have just made a
co-announcement with Serena and comeback next season.

I think she does want to play. The fact that she has been on the practice courts for about two or three weeks and her being out and about at major events and the fact that she threw the ball at the game which is very similar to her service motion, I think she will play.
We'll have to wait and see.

As of now Henin-Hardenne is the favorite with Clijsters close behind.
We don't know whom we'll get with Capriati and Mauresmo.
And Venus will be the "X" factor though we'll get some feeling of what kind of form she is in from how she does in Philly.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:42 PM
Amelie!!! :bounce:

(Well, probably not...but I live in hope. It'll probably be Juju, which is also fine with me.)

bandabou
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:47 PM
If Venus can get some match-rythm at Philly.....she could well be the spoiler of someone´s no.1 party!!

Volcana
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:07 PM
Hey guys! Help me out with a related question! (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=91224)

Volcana
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:08 PM
If Venus can get some match-rythm at Philly.....she could well be the spoiler of someone´s no.1 party!!

DO you think she's goiong to play Philly? Or just head out to the West Coast?

bandabou
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:11 PM
DO you think she's goiong to play Philly? Or just head out to the West Coast?

She has to play....she has to gain full confidence in that addominal area...

WtaTour4Ever
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:16 PM
I would love for Venus to win it, she has never won it before has she? I'll feel better picking her once she has won :-) Philly.

However I think Justine will win this in 3 sets most likely over Kim or maybe Venus depending on which Venus shows up.

bandabou
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:22 PM
I think Venus is gonna make a splash....just has to get some rythm at Philly. If she doesn´t play, Philly....she ain´t going to win.

CamilleVidann
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:29 PM
I think it will all depend on where Venus' game will be then. If she's completely recovered from the paranoia, I will bet my money on her as she's the best when she's on. But otherwise I will have to go against her which is quite likely. That will leave the two Belgians. It's a close call.... OK

fleemke³
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:31 PM
Justine has the best chances imo. The season was long, she takes her rest and if she keeps serving as she did in Zürich ... who will stop her :)

If it's nog Justine Kim or Dementieva will win it :)

bandabou
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:02 PM
Justine has the best chances imo. The season was long, she takes her rest and if she keeps serving as she did in Zürich ... who will stop her :)

If it's nog Justine Kim or Dementieva will win it :)

Dementieva?! She of the no second serve?! Don´t think so... :lol: