PDA

View Full Version : 'Blacks belong in the kitchen, not theatre'

spokenword73
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:55 PM
I wonder if they think blacks belong in audience of their funky little theater? :rolleyes:

Paris - The management company of the Moulin Rouge cabaret lost an appeal on Friday against a court fine of 10 000 euros (about R80 000) for racial discrimination by refusing to employ a Senegalese man outside of its kitchen.

Abdoulaye Marega said he applied for a job at the cabaret in January 2001 but was told by employee Micheline Beuzit that "the Moulin Rouge doesn't take blacks in the theatre, only in the kitchen".

An investigation by state prosecutors found that the Moulin Rouge, whose scantily-clad can-can dancers are a huge tourist draw, had not hired a person who was not white as a performer or waiter for 40 years, though many are employed as kitchen staff.

Marega was awarded 4 500 in damages, and French anti-racism group SOS Racisme, which helped him bring the case, was awarded 2 300.

'The Moulin Rouge doesn't take blacks in the theatre, only in the kitchen'
An original fine of 3 000 euros on Beuzit following last November's ruling was halved by the appeals court.

Nestled in Paris's seedy Pigalle district, the Moulin Rouge had its heyday in the 19th century as a bawdy vaudeville and nightclub, depicted most recently in an eponymous cinematic musical starring Nicole Kidman.

Growing tamer with age, the club now draws coachloads of foreign tourists and groups of well-dressed executives to its nightly dinner and dance shows, famed for their lines of chorus girls with ostrich-feather head-dresses and racy high-kicks.

The club's staff manager told the court last autumn that since the case opened, the Moulin Rouge had taken on two people who were not white in its auditorium.

Rocketta
Oct 20th, 2003, 04:15 PM
pfft!! :fiery: I don't believe it! I mean according to people on here, Europe doesn't discriminate! Especially the French!. :tape:

;)

Scotso
Oct 20th, 2003, 04:24 PM
As much as I love France, they seem to have a lot of racist elements. Look at the recent success of Le Pen.

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 20th, 2003, 04:35 PM
pfft!! :fiery: I don't believe it! I mean according to people on here, Europe doesn't discriminate! Especially the French!. :tape:

;)

:tape:

Martian Willow
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:01 PM
...Ainsley Harriot...?...actually...you might have a point... :)

doloresc
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:09 PM
transparent! :rolleyes:

ignore him, rocketta; he's just doing the only thing that he comes here to do. :rolleyes:

doloresc
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:13 PM

;)

oh hush, rocketta! the french have gone out of their way to make the algerians and other north africans feel quite at home in france.

;)

tennisjam
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:17 PM
same happens to me sometimes...not even for "serious" but just "student" jobs...as soon as I show my "immigrant's card", the job is suddenly already taken :rolleyes:

what can you do :o ...stupidity is everywhere...there are jerks everywhere...in France or elsewhere...and legislation isn't always easy to apply to face efficiently those discrimination problems...

CC
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:29 PM

As equally silly as ys.

Kart
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:29 PM

Rusty Lee ?

spokenword73
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:51 PM
can someone tell me how much 10,000 euros is in American $$$??

Josh
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:59 PM
About $11,600

ys
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:59 PM
i can't believe you haven't met my gran yet :confused:

No, I haven't.. :sad:

doloresc
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:00 PM
can someone tell me how much 10,000 euros is in American $$$??

roughly the same, give or take $1000, depending on the exchange rate.

decemberlove
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:05 PM

;)

no surprise, people just want any reason to bash on america :)

Crazy Canuck
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:10 PM
no surprise, people just want any reason to bash on america :)
Apparently Russia as well *see above*

Martian Willow
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:10 PM
As equally silly as ys.

...I don't know what came over me... :)

decemberlove
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:12 PM
soul food is almost good enough to die for :lick:

Apparently Russia as well *see above*

no, no, not nearly as much.
not even close.

Martian Willow
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:16 PM
...anyone else think dl sounds like a Willifan when people bash America...? :)

CC
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:19 PM
...I don't know what came over me... :)

Maybe you were trying to be funny, or something like that.

decemberlove
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:19 PM
i am a willifan :eek:

and this bashing happens all the time on these boards. yawl can say whatever you want about america, make all the stereotypes you want, but the second an american makes a stereotype about your country, the world ends :rolleyes:

...like a young child that can give it, but cant take it. :)

Martian Willow
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:28 PM
...see...! :)

decemberlove
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:29 PM
xactly :D

Rocketta
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:32 PM
...anyone else think dl sounds like a Willifan when people bash America...? :)

Wow, what a compliment!! :dance: Go DL! Go DL! :dance:

Rocketta
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:34 PM
roughly the same, give or take $1000, depending on the exchange rate.

damn, that's hardly anything! Too bad it wasn't in the good old USA. He'd be rolling in the dough! ;)

harloo
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:42 PM
i am and this bashing happens all the time on these boards. yawl can say whatever you want about america, make all the stereotypes you want, but the second an american makes a stereotype about your country, the world ends :rolleyes:

...like a young child that can give it, but cant take it. :)

:eek: HOW DARE YOU TELL THE TRUTH!! :mad:

:lol:

Josh
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:09 PM
damn, that's hardly anything! Too bad it wasn't in the good old USA. He'd be rolling in the dough! ;)

Does the US have any anti-racism laws btw? I know most European countries have laws against racism which means that anyone who makes a racist comment or a comment that can be perceived as racist can be prosecuted. I thought that in the US racist comments were "protected" by the right of free speech?

spokenword73
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Does the US have any anti-racism laws btw? I know most European countries have laws against racism which means that anyone who makes a racist comment or a comment that can be perceived as racist can be prosecuted. I thought that in the US racist comments were "protected" by the right of free speech?

It depends on where the racist comment is spoken. On the job, the free speech protection would not apply, and it would definitely mean a lawsuit for anyone stupid enough to make racist comments. Racist remarks in a store, or movie theater? Might just mean an ass-whoppin' :o

SJW
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:35 PM

i thought so too......

Ballbuster
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Racism in France is and have always been subtle racism. They are never blatant. But are shocked whenever they see a black man strolling through a 5 star hotel or holding court with many of their white women.

No surprise.

Hey ys, I bet there aren't any black people In Russia! Hell, the Russians don't even want to be there.

griffin
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:43 PM

The law doesn't bar speech (unless it's threatening, etc.), but speech/statements can be used as evidence of discrimination - which is illegal. So lets say ys ran a restaurant - he can say blacks don't know how to cook and he won't get in trouble (legal trouble anyway) unless and until a black person who applied for a job in his kitchen and is turned down decides to take him to court. Now his statements on this message board will be used as evidence to show that he does discriminate.

gentenaire
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Racism in France is and have always been subtle racism. They are never blatant. But are shocked whenever they see a black man strolling through a 5 star hotel or holding court with many of their white women.

No surprise.

Hey ys, I bet there aren't any black people In Russia! Hell, the Russians don't even want to be there.

Are they more or less subtle in their racism than you?

Josh
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:50 PM
The law doesn't bar speech (unless it's threatening, etc.), but speech/statements can be used as evidence of discrimination - which is illegal. So lets say ys ran a restaurant - he can say blacks don't know how to cook and he won't get in trouble (legal trouble anyway) unless and until a black person who applied for a job in his kitchen and is turned down decides to take him to court. Now his statements on this message board will be used as evidence to show that he does discriminate.

I see, but his comments could never be taken to court by let's say an anti-racism organization which does not have any direct interest in this case; only an employee or applicant can use his statement to prove that they were discriminated against? The comment in itself cannot be condemned by a judge?

Josh
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:52 PM
It depends on where the racist comment is spoken. On the job, the free speech protection would not apply, and it would definitely mean a lawsuit for anyone stupid enough to make racist comments. Racist remarks in a store, or movie theater? Might just mean an ass-whoppin' :o

An ass-whopping seems well-deserved. :lol:

griffin
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:54 PM
The comment in itself cannot be condemned by a judge?

No.

Ballbuster
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Are they more or less subtle in their racism than you?

I see you feelin' me again. You might want to stop. Don't get caught up.

Martian Willow
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:21 PM
I see, but his comments could never be taken to court by let's say an anti-racism organization which does not have any direct interest in this case; only an employee or applicant can use his statement to prove that they were discriminated against? The comment in itself cannot be condemned by a judge?

...I don't think it could be in Britain either... :)

Josh
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:25 PM
...I don't think it could be in Britain either... :)

Possibly...I'm not much into common law. I know it's possible in Belgium, France, Netherlands, Germany and probably a few other countries as well.

spokenword73
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:32 PM
In the US, the language itself could be considered, "harassment" or discrimnation, definitely actionable.

Scotso
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:56 PM
YS has obviously never been to the South and tasted Southern black cooking. I swear there is nothing better than it in the world. In fact, there is a black family that comes to the Fall Festival at my college and sells fried apple pies. Just one bite will make you orgasm.

Scotso
Oct 20th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Well I've certainly tasted Russian food and I can't say I'm impressed :wavey:

*JR*
Oct 20th, 2003, 09:13 PM
ignore him, rocketta; he's just doing the only thing that he comes here to do. :rolleyes: No Dolores, if you boil ys in a pot, then he can say: "See, they're savages after all"! :o Wait, it would stop that and all the other trash he posts, right? :devil:

Ballbuster
Oct 20th, 2003, 10:10 PM
Well I've certainly tasted Russian food and I can't say I'm impressed :wavey:

There are NO restaurants that specialize in Russian Cuisine. Besides, who would want to eat it. We here in America still think of that Country as Barbaric.

Rocketta
Oct 20th, 2003, 10:22 PM
:lol: I see this thread turned into some funny social commentary.

Martian Willow
Oct 20th, 2003, 10:40 PM
... http://observer.guardian.co.uk/foodmonthly/story/0,9950,786640,00.html ... :)

Ballbuster
Oct 20th, 2003, 10:43 PM
You haven't tasted Russian food. There is no suuch thing in America. .

of course not, the only thing your country is noted for exporting is

Vodka
and
Plutominum to Third World Countries

Your country is the reason why Weapons of Mass Destruction Exist. As Ronald Regan Called your people.

"Evil Empire"

Rocketta
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:16 PM
People really make big fuss about everything. It's not a job like teacher, doctor or whatever, I don't see the problem if they want to hire performers or waiters only are only whites. When image is important, people should have the right to hire who they want.

So let me get this right. If people want a certain look, ie a white look then its ok to discriminate? Hmmm, I wonder if they only took white people's money? :o

Rocketta
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Russian mafia helping Mexican cartels smuggle drugs into U.S., officials say. Susana Hayward.
Full Text: COPYRIGHT 2003 Knight-Ridder/Tribune News Service

Byline: Susana Hayward

MEXICO CITY _ The Russian mafia, including former KGB agents, has infiltrated Mexico's weakened drug cartels and is helping them smuggle illegal narcotics to the United States, according to U.S. and Mexican officials and independent drug experts.

Russian mobsters have been most effective in penetrating drug gangs in the Tijuana-Baja California-San Diego region, Luis Santiago Vasconcelos, the head of the Mexican Attorney General's Special Unit for Organized Crime, told Knight Ridder. He described the Russians as highly skilled and "extremely dangerous."

Some of them are advising Mexico's drug cartels and laundering their money in exchange for being allowed to operate, Steven W. Casteel, assistant administrator for intelligence at the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, told a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in Washington in May. The fee for laundering drug proceeds typically is 30 percent or more.

Casteel, whose agency declined to make him available for an interview, told lawmakers that the Russian mafia's Mexican infiltration was consistent with the globalization of organized crime in recent years.

Russians first showed up in Colombian cocaine cartels a decade ago. They've been spotted in Mexico since the late 1990s.

Their extensive penetration in the Tijuana-San Diego area follows the 2002 arrests of Benjamin Arellano-Felix, the alleged patriarch of the region's drug cartel, and a dozen of its other alleged leaders. Russians took up some of the slack when the weakened cartel broke into "cartelitos," said Bruce Bagley, a University of Miami professor of international studies who has written extensively about drugs, organized crime and the Russian mafia.

Another leading Mexican trafficker, the late Amado Carrillo Fuentes, the head of the Juarez cartel, pioneered the use of surplus Soviet military aircraft as smuggling planes. He's said to have visited Moscow in the late 1990s to confer with leaders of Russian drug gangs. Carrillo Fuentes, known as "Lord of the Skies," died in 1997 while undergoing surgery. His cartel has also decentralized, according to drug analysts, giving Russians new opportunities in Mexico.

Russian drug thugs are leaner and meaner," Bagley said. "They operate on a low profile, don't wear gold chains and don't cut people up with power saws or dump them in rivers."

Still, "These guys are the bloodiest human beings you can imagine," he said. Bagley, who recently finished a year's sabbatical at a prestigious Mexico City research center, the Center for Research and Economic Education, is the author of a bibliographic survey titled "Drug Trafficking in the Americas: Aggressive Russian Groups Have Flourished."

The decapitation of Mexico's biggest drug cartels, for which U.S. authorities credit President Vicente Fox, is giving the Russians what Bagley called "a golden opportunity in Mexico."

The cartels have fractured into smaller gangs operating at city and state levels, where they're harder to detect and officials are easier to bribe. The smaller groups are more open to the Russians, Bagley said, because they need help with protection, transportation and money laundering.

Much Russian money laundering is done offshore, he said, in Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Cuba, as well as in Russia.

(EDITORS: STORY CAN END HERE)

In the biggest seizure ever to implicate the Russian mob, the U.S. Coast Guard in April 2001 seized the 152-foot-long fishing vessel Svesda Maru in international waters off Acapulco and arrested its crew of 10 Russians and Ukrainians. More than 13 tons of cocaine was buried beneath its rotting squid bait, according to the Coast Guard.

U.S. prosecutors said the shipment originated in Colombia and was to be smuggled into the United States via Mexico. At the time, Errol Chavez, the head of the DEA's San Diego office, said the crew must have had permission from the Arellano-Felix drug cartel, then the most powerful organization in Mexico, to work the turf.

The crew was charged with smuggling and conspiracy. One crewmember received a 20-year jail term last November; the rest will be tried later this year, the DEA said.

The seizure alerted U.S. officials to the Russians' sophistication and penetration of Western Hemisphere smuggling.

"They're smart, high-tech, have advanced ships and planes. They're good at hiding drugs," Bagley said. Finding the cocaine beneath the squid, he noted, took searchers five smelly days.

Bagley thinks the Russian gangs are more dangerous than U.S. and Mexican authorities have acknowledged, in part because of their power to corrupt public officials.

"If one is interested in Mexican democracy, Russian mafias are a challenge we're ignoring at our peril," Bagley said. "They have wormed their way into Mexico."

Rocketta
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Islamic terrorists and the Russian Mafia. (nuclear weapons-free zone in Central Asia) Thomas Land.
Full Text: COPYRIGHT 2003 Contemporary Review Company Ltd.

THE FIVE recently independent republics of former Soviet Central Asia have signed a treaty establishing a nuclear weapons-free zone in their countries. The instrument is of enormous interest to the West because the territories of the five - Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan - have recently emerged as a global battleground for terrorist weapons of mass destruction.

Significantly, both Russia and China, the regional superpowers, have already expressed support. The Asian diplomatic initiative is in response to a challenge by a group of Islamic tenor organizations led by al-Qaeda, threatening the integrity of countries along the southern rim of the former Soviet Union. The governments of the region are regarded by the terrorists as soft targets for the acquisition of raw materials for nuclear, chemical and biological weapons from arsenals left behind by the Cold War.

Their reactors and weapons stockpiles are vulnerable, their frontiers are poorly controlled and key segments of their security services are often corrupt. And the terrorists are deploying a lethal new weapon - collaboration with the powerful, well connected and versatile Russian Mafia. But the threatened countries receive substantial support from the Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) of the United Nations as well as the West.

The conflict area embraces the Muslim lands of former Soviet Central Asia, stretches across the Caucasus and into Moldova and follows the traditional heroin smuggling route across Turkey to the Balkans. A wide range of research into the objectives and nature of the struggle has been brought into focus by the proceedings of a secret conference, apparently penetrated by Russian intelligence, of a diverse group of Islamic terrorist organizations held recently at the town of Travnik in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Significantly, the conference forged a united front endorsing the deployment of any means and collaboration with any potential ally in pursuit of jihad. These terrorist groups will be even more determined to acquire a nuclear weapon after the defeat of Saddam Hussein in Iraq.

Al-Qaeda's desire to obtain nuclear arms is well documented by evidence discovered in bunkers vacated by the terrorists during the war in Afghanistan. Intelligence sources fear that the terrorists may already be very close to assembling crude radiological weapons which can scatter nuclear materials using conventional explosive devices. The collapse of Soviet power has made such an arsenal readily available. A lot of radioactive material originally used by hospitals, industry and research institutions lies unaccounted and abandoned in the former Soviet Union - in addition to some 800 tons of weapons grade uranium and 200 tons of plutonium held in poorly guarded stockpiles.

The use of Russian organized criminals in the struggle for nuclear weaponry is probably a new development. Vladimir Orlov of the Centre for Policy Studies in Moscow recently described at a Washington conference an unsuccessful attempt by a Russian gang to obtain weapons of mass destruction for foreign interests. The risks facing the organized criminals in the regions challenged by the terrorists are relatively low, argue Phil Williams and Paul Woessner of the Ridgway Centre for International Security Studies, because of the weakness of law enforcement, the prevalence of corruption and the lack of interdiction skills.

'Nuclear material has certain attractions for criminals', they argue in a discussion paper published by the Royal Institute of International Affairs in London. 'It is not too difficult to obtain, relatively small and easy to transport, easy to disguise and. . . provides rapid, immediate and large profits. Criminal networks are dynamic and fluid rather than fixed or static: they often bring together different kinds of participants in alliances of convenience. Hybrid trafficking networks of this kind are often difficult to identify until it is too late. Indeed, the potential links among different kinds of actors offer diverse modes of theft or diversion and give the trafficking process infinite variety of forms.'

Radioactive materials that could be used in dirty bombs have recently been confiscated at checkpoints along the borders of Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. The latest incidents were described by Harlan Strauss, director of counter-proliferation at the Defence Department in Washington, during an international security conference some months ago at Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Germany.

According to the IAEA, there have been some 400 cases of trafficking in nuclear materials including radioactive sources intended for peaceful purposes but capable of deployment in crude radiological weapons. At least 18 of these cases involved highly enriched uranium or plutonium, the material needed to produce nuclear bombs. A report issued by Stanford University Institute for International Studies reckons that at least 88 pounds of weapons grade uranium and plutonium has been stolen so far from poorly guarded nuclear facilities in the former Soviet Union alone.

Concern that a fundamentalist Islamic terror organization like al-Qaeda could acquire weapons of mass destruction have increased hugely since the attacks on New York and Washington, says Mohamed ElBaradei, the IAEA director-general.

'The willingness of terrorists to sacrifice their lives to achieve their objectives creates a new dimension in the struggle for security', he goes on. 'We have now been alerted to the potential of terrorists targeting nuclear facilities or using radioactive sources to incite panic, contaminate property and cause death and injury to civilian populations ... We must reduce our vulnerability to nuclear and radiological terrorism. This objective will require a sustained effort.'

So far, the IAEA has received $12m in support of a new global programme to secure vulnerable facilities. The money, raised by 22 governments and a private fund, is devoted to supplementing national efforts to upgrade security at nuclear facilities, monitor illegal trafficking and related activities and to enhance control over potentially lethal materials. The IAEA programme involves security and safety assessments at nuclear facilities, training courses for the security services and operations to recover lost or stolen radioactive materials.

In addition, many rich Western countries disperse aid for non-proliferation through bilateral arrangements. The United States alone has so far invested more than $86m to help 30 countries, mostly those of the former Soviet Union and its European possessions, to combat the threat of nuclear smuggling. In Russia alone, U.S. funded radiation detectors installed at eight border crossings have so far identified more than 275 consignments involving materials that might have been used in so-called dirty bombs.

Perhaps the most robust programme of international assistance is focused on the long neglected former Soviet Central Asia. The five neighbours of the region have inherited many weapons dumps and nuclear installations from the Soviet era. They are now erecting a modem export control system. Their security services are receiving new hand-held radioactive sensors, vehicles, computers, software and other materials as well as training in border control and customs clearance techniques.

Their proposal for a nuclear-free zone is a largely symbolic but very significant gesture in the face of terrorist violence. For the region acts like a magnet for smugglers. Uranium was extracted and milled for Soviet weapons in all its countries. Chemical weapons were fabricated and tested in western Uzbekistan. The world's biggest biological weapons fabrication facility was built in Kazakhstan, and the Soviets tested there 456 nuclear devices as well as radiological weapons and warheads armed with anthrax, plague, tularaemia and smallpox. Soviet strategic missiles armed with 1,410 nuclear warheads were also deployed in Kazakhstan, and the country had six nuclear research reactors producing plutonium.

Much of this has been made safe or transferred out of immediate harm's way. But there may well remain enough unaccounted, deadly material abandoned in the area to fight a war.

Even more worrying is the danger that the former Soviet republics of Central Asia as well as the Caucasus could become a transit zone for the traffic of nuclear materials originating from elsewhere. The region lies between Russia and Ukraine which hold significant quantities of weapons of mass destruction and Iran and Iraq which are keen to acquire them. This area of mounting conflicting interests creates lucrative business opportunities for organized crime. Several criminal-controlled Russian companies operate in the transport sector of the region. Their familiarity with export licensing and their ability to corrupt officials and hide illicit cargo in legal consignments could all assist nuclear smuggling.

Turkey is worried by the increasingly frequent seizure by its security services of nuclear materials originating from the former Soviet Union, obviously a small part of significant transit traffic. Moldova is worried by Russian intelligence reports that high-level representatives of al-Qaeda and Hamas as well as Iran and Chechnya have recently passed through that country to establish operational bases there.

They may have been attracted to that former Soviet republic by an abandoned rock mine at the village of Bicioc, Dubossari Judet, storing 14 unguarded radioactive isotope warheads. Such weapons were designed to explode in the air in order to mark a territory for attack by bombers. However, they could produce consequences similar to a small nuclear explosion if detonated on the ground. The unguarded Bicioc warheads are understood to have been removed from a stockpile of 35 such weapons arming missiles at Silo 13 of Military Unit 4043 at Tiraspol Airfield where the rest are still held under proper supervision.

The Balkans countries are also worried. The Romanian non-proliferation agency has just announced a programme for the destruction of 500 metric tons of nitric acid missile fuel held in neighbouring Bulgaria. The IAEA recently collaborated with Russia and Yugoslavia in the removal of vulnerable stockpiles of highly enriched uranium from a nuclear reactor in Belgrade. Like the Central Asian neighbours, all formerly Soviet-controlled countries are thus forced once again into regional alliances to answer the terrorist threat.

Thomas Orszag-Land is an author and foreign correspondent who writes on global affairs.

Rocketta
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Russian mob scene. (special FBI detachment in New York City to fight East European gangsters, especially Russian ones)(reprinted from Liberation, April 13, 1995) Pierre Briancon.
Abstract: The Brighton Beach neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY is a Little Russia complete with small shops and signs in the Cyrillic script. It attracts mafia-like gangsters from Russia. About 200,000 Russian immigrants are in the NY area along with about 2,000 criminals. Hired killers also come in as tourists.

Full Text: COPYRIGHT 1995 World Press Review

Oleg Karatayev died on the sidewalk in front of the Arbat Cafe, one of the many establishments that make the New York neighborhood of Brighton Beach a miniature Russia. One finds under the elevated subway line on the southeast border of Brooklyn a Moscow neighborhood, albeit jollier and with better stocked stores. Russian is the common language; signs or storefront ads are in Cyrillic; and every grocery store stocks black bread, cornichons, sausages, or smoked fish. The aromas call up memories at each shop. Nicknamed "Little Odessa," Brighton Beach, with its oceanfront buffeted by winds, is more than ever the great gathering place for Russians, their numbers swelled by waves of immigration following the Soviet collapse.

Oleg Karatayev, a former boxer who had gone into a questionable "bizness" (as the Russians say), died from a gunshot wound early one January morning after celebrating the Orthodox New Year. Witnesses say that his assassin went back to the party at the Arbat after the shooting. He no doubt returned to Russia on the following day, according to the police, who have learned no more about the crime. Witnesses saw very little and gave fake addresses to the police. It's an old story: Total silence reigns here as soon as it's a matter of talking to the police. "Memories of the Soviet era are still alive, and people are not used to cooperating with the police in a democratic regime," explains a resident. Above all, many fear reprisals against family members who have stayed in Russia, where bands of gangsters operate with impunity.

Karatayev is not the only victim of summary executions over the last few years. He is one among many. The wave of lawlessness has been judged troubling enough for the FBI to set up a New York detachment specializing in the new "mafias" coming from Eastern Europe--particularly Russia. Testifying in May, 1994, before a congressional subcommittee, FBI Director Louis Frech announced that the fight against Russian organized crime had been officially declared a priority by American authorities--on the same level as the fight against the Italian Mafia or Asian gangs. Freeh indicated that the FBI did not wish to make the same mistakes made in the 1930s and '40s, when Director J. Edgar Hoover resolutely denied the very existenee of the Cosa Nostra in America.

It is estimated that some 200,000 immigrants from the former Soviet Union have settled in the New York City region over the past 20 years. A good quarter of them live in and around Brighton Beach. But the number of tourist visas issued by the United Statef, to visitors coming from Russia is upward of 140,000 per year, a sharp increase since She dismembering of the Soviet Union. Federal and New York police authorities estimate that about 2,000 "hardened criminals" work in the Brooklyn neighborhood.

Vyacheslav Ivankov, known as "the Japanese," is one of some 700 notorious Russians with the honorary underworld rank, "thieves in the law" (vory v zakone). They are roughly equivalent to Mafia godfathers and rule the criminal world.

Ivankov, freed from prison in Russia in 1992, arrived in the United States with a tourist visa and stayed on. The FBI believes that he is the head of the Russian "Mafia" in the United States, sent in to coordinate and organize the reprehensible activities of his compatriots. [Ivankov was arrested by the FBI on June 8 and charged with trying to extort $8.5 million from two businessmen.--WPR]

Raymond Kerr, a special FBI agent who heads the 15 or so agents in New York's Eastern Europe unit, describes the evolution of the Russian criminal syndicate. "Consecutive waves of immigration in the 1970s, with the refuseniks, then in the 1980s, with the opening of the borders of the U.S.S.R., brought along the formation of criminal gangs in the Brighton Beach area," he explains.

One of their great specialties has been the sale of black-market gasoline, using false invoices and fictional companies to evade taxes. The mechanism was judged so ingenious that John Gotti--just yesterday the great godfather of the New York Mafia and today behind bars--demanded and seemingly obtained a percentage of the racket's profits.

The new wave of Russian criminals is engaged in various other activities: extortion and rackets like those back home, car theft, money laundering, and, of course, prostitution. The FBI is also concerned about an eventual move into more legitimate businesses: restaurants, cabarets, and nightclubs. Along this line, the authorities already suspect that Ivankov has invested in the Rasputin, a deluxe restaurant thought to be the general headquarters of the Russian mafia.

Kerr also speaks of drug trafficking. He suspects that the Russians have entered into deals with the Colombians: Cocaine is worth up to three times as much in Russia as in the United States. And, on the other hand, the Russians can supply heroin produced in the former Soviet republics. Finally, there is always talk of the threat of nuclear contraband, although nothing has happened so far to back up these suspicions.

"A recent trend," says Alexander Grant, a journalist on the New York Russian daily Novoye Russkoye Slovo who has covered Brighton Beach crime for several years, "is the recruitment of hired assassins. A businessman who has been the victim of racketeering calls Moscow and asks a friend or relative to find him a killer for $2,000. The guy arrives, carries out his mission, and goes right back."

Grant estimates that the most recent wave of Russian criminals is more dangerous than the preceding ones. Still, there is an element of doubt. "The FBI has a vested interest in exaggerating the phenomenon," he says. It justifies more funds from Congress. Kerr acknowledges that his task is essentially "preventive": "We are fighting a threat rather than a reality," he says.

Russian authorities, for their part, want to work closely with the FBI. In exchange, they receive, in the name of Russian-American cooperation, additional dollars. The FBI will not officially express doubts about the efficiency or the honesty of the MVD--the Russian Ministry of the Interior. But privately, a number of observers stress that corruption still reigns in the ministry.

"It makes very good sense," says Grant, a former dissident who crossed paths with Ivankov in Soviet jails. "The U.S.S.R. has disappeared, but a threat remains under the guise of the new Russian crime."

All the same, the New York Russian community has founded an association to combat the negative image created over this issue. Reinforced by articles in the press and by television broadcasts, the image of Russians is becoming like that of Italians. They were once all suspected of belonging to mafia families--from the most honest hairdresser to the teacher above reproach.

Rocketta
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Ok so let's stop the discrimination and hire a 400 lbs black women in a gay bar and a 300 lbs 80 years old man in a GAP store.

Yes lets! :bounce:

spokenword73
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Russian mafia helping Mexican cartels smuggle drugs into U.S., officials say. Susana Hayward.
Full Text: COPYRIGHT 2003 Knight-Ridder/Tribune News Service

Byline: Susana Hayward

MEXICO CITY _ The Russian mafia, including former KGB agents, has infiltrated Mexico's weakened drug cartels and is helping them smuggle illegal narcotics to the United States, according to U.S. and Mexican officials and independent drug experts.

Russian mobsters have been most effective in penetrating drug gangs in the Tijuana-Baja California-San Diego region, Luis Santiago Vasconcelos, the head of the Mexican Attorney General's Special Unit for Organized Crime, told Knight Ridder. He described the Russians as highly skilled and "extremely dangerous."

Some of them are advising Mexico's drug cartels and laundering their money in exchange for being allowed to operate, Steven W. Casteel, assistant administrator for intelligence at the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, told a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in Washington in May. The fee for laundering drug proceeds typically is 30 percent or more.

Casteel, whose agency declined to make him available for an interview, told lawmakers that the Russian mafia's Mexican infiltration was consistent with the globalization of organized crime in recent years.

Russians first showed up in Colombian cocaine cartels a decade ago. They've been spotted in Mexico since the late 1990s.

Their extensive penetration in the Tijuana-San Diego area follows the 2002 arrests of Benjamin Arellano-Felix, the alleged patriarch of the region's drug cartel, and a dozen of its other alleged leaders. Russians took up some of the slack when the weakened cartel broke into "cartelitos," said Bruce Bagley, a University of Miami professor of international studies who has written extensively about drugs, organized crime and the Russian mafia.

Another leading Mexican trafficker, the late Amado Carrillo Fuentes, the head of the Juarez cartel, pioneered the use of surplus Soviet military aircraft as smuggling planes. He's said to have visited Moscow in the late 1990s to confer with leaders of Russian drug gangs. Carrillo Fuentes, known as "Lord of the Skies," died in 1997 while undergoing surgery. His cartel has also decentralized, according to drug analysts, giving Russians new opportunities in Mexico.

Russian drug thugs are leaner and meaner," Bagley said. "They operate on a low profile, don't wear gold chains and don't cut people up with power saws or dump them in rivers."

Still, "These guys are the bloodiest human beings you can imagine," he said. Bagley, who recently finished a year's sabbatical at a prestigious Mexico City research center, the Center for Research and Economic Education, is the author of a bibliographic survey titled "Drug Trafficking in the Americas: Aggressive Russian Groups Have Flourished."

The decapitation of Mexico's biggest drug cartels, for which U.S. authorities credit President Vicente Fox, is giving the Russians what Bagley called "a golden opportunity in Mexico."

The cartels have fractured into smaller gangs operating at city and state levels, where they're harder to detect and officials are easier to bribe. The smaller groups are more open to the Russians, Bagley said, because they need help with protection, transportation and money laundering.

Much Russian money laundering is done offshore, he said, in Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Cuba, as well as in Russia.

In the biggest seizure ever to implicate the Russian mob, the U.S. Coast Guard in April 2001 seized the 152-foot-long fishing vessel Svesda Maru in international waters off Acapulco and arrested its crew of 10 Russians and Ukrainians. More than 13 tons of cocaine was buried beneath its rotting squid bait, according to the Coast Guard.

U.S. prosecutors said the shipment originated in Colombia and was to be smuggled into the United States via Mexico. At the time, Errol Chavez, the head of the DEA's San Diego office, said the crew must have had permission from the Arellano-Felix drug cartel, then the most powerful organization in Mexico, to work the turf.

The crew was charged with smuggling and conspiracy. One crewmember received a 20-year jail term last November; the rest will be tried later this year, the DEA said.

The seizure alerted U.S. officials to the Russians' sophistication and penetration of Western Hemisphere smuggling.

"They're smart, high-tech, have advanced ships and planes. They're good at hiding drugs," Bagley said. Finding the cocaine beneath the squid, he noted, took searchers five smelly days.

Bagley thinks the Russian gangs are more dangerous than U.S. and Mexican authorities have acknowledged, in part because of their power to corrupt public officials.

"If one is interested in Mexican democracy, Russian mafias are a challenge we're ignoring at our peril," Bagley said. "They have wormed their way into Mexico."
:eek:

anton
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:54 PM
this sounds like something overheard on the WTATOUR

ys
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:25 AM
Take a trip to th Caribbean :tape: :eek: :rolleyes:

I probably will do it next year, to Dutch Antilles. but I guess, it would not work in a sense that you meant.

Infiniti2001
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:28 AM
Honey child , there are so many black folk there,(Aruba
Bonaire, Curacao, Saba ,Saint Eustace ,Saint Martin) so don't be surprised. :tape:

Josh
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:34 AM
85% of the population on the Netherlands Antilles is black or mixed. :)

Infiniti2001
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:34 AM
Take a trip there baby and give me a report when you come back.. The whole Caribbean is loaded with black folk...

Infiniti2001
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:39 AM
85% of the population on the Netherlands Antilles is black or mixed. :)

Yep, my maternal grandpa was originally from Aruba, and I can tell you that many if not most of the folk are of African decent:tape: PLease do not forget that millions of slaves were also forcefully brought to the Caribbean .

Rocketta
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:18 AM
From your fine dining experience? :haha:

Ya Right Mr. Unemployed. :lol:

Scotso
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:29 AM
There may not be Russian resturants, but when I went to New York I stayed with a Russian family, and the mother cooked nothing but traditional Russian food. She was a nice lady, but the food wasn't very good.

Scotso
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:39 AM
Maybe so, but that would just go to prove the point that Russians shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen :angel:

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:58 AM
OMG...I agree with Scotso...***DEAD***

Josh
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:43 AM
For our Russian friend

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/nt.html#People

:)

rand
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:45 AM
There are NO restaurants that specialize in Russian Cuisine. Besides, who would want to eat it. We here in America still think of that Country as Barbaric.
euh in Brussels there are a few VERY good russian reataurants....

rand
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:46 AM
of course not, the only thing your country is noted for exporting is

Vodka
and
Plutominum to Third World Countries

Your country is the reason why Weapons of Mass Destruction Exist. As Ronald Regan Called your people.

"Evil Empire"
kaviar, bliny's anyone?

doloresc
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:40 PM
kaviar, bliny's anyone?

bliny's? is that dutch for blintzes?

i've had russian food, even at a tony restaurant, and it's not my favorite cuisine. it's just not flavorful or interesting. an occasional cup of borscht is about as far as i go now.

rand
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:46 PM
bliny's? is that dutch for blintzes?

i've had russian food, even at a tony restaurant, and it's not my favorite cuisine. it's just not flavorful or interesting. an occasional cup of borscht is about as far as i go now.
don't know...(little pancake-like hningies on which you put sour cream and kaviar or salmon? )

doloresc
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:47 PM
People really make big fuss about everything. It's not a job like teacher, doctor or whatever, I don't see the problem if they want to hire performers or waiters only are only whites. When image is important, people should have the right to hire who they want.

da backhand, i hope this post isn't a reflection of your current place of residence. if it is, then january couldn't come soon enough!! just remember, though: wherever you move next year may not tolerate this kind of thinking so keep such narrow-minded comments to yourself.

doloresc
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:49 PM
don't know...(little pancake-like hningies on which you put sour cream and kaviar or salmon? )

yes, that's it. i like it just with cheese. :)

rand
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:50 PM
yes, that's it. i like it just with cheese. :)
ah well ok....anywy...it isn't my favourite food either, but saying they don't have anything was a plain lie :) I love beluga :bounce:

gentenaire
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:08 PM
da backhand, i hope this post isn't a reflection of your current place of residence. if it is, then january couldn't come soon enough!! just remember, though: wherever you move next year may not tolerate this kind of thinking so keep such narrow-minded comments to yourself.

When you're making a film about slavery, you're not going to use white actors to play the slaves. The acts in the Moulin Rouge are supposed to look the same as in the beginning of the 20th century, when no blacks were on stage either. It's not a modern act. Would the people in Bali accept black women as Balinese dancers? I think not. It's about upholding traditions for the sake of the tourists, it doesn't depict real life.

That said, I do think the way they say, "we only accept blacks in the kitchen" is very offensive.

Cariaoke
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:09 PM
^ ok so Josephine Baker was just a folk tale, huh? :tape:

and right, over the course of history... black people were the only ones enslaved. I guess no one knows the origin of the word slave. :tape:

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:47 PM

and right, over the course of history... black people were the only ones enslaved. I guess no one knows the origin of the word slave. :tape:

:kiss: Hi sweety...I'm coming over for a quickie...;)

Infiniti2001
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:56 PM
For our Russian friend

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/nt.html#People

:)

He is in for a rude awakening when he visits :lol:
P.S. race is not really an issue in the Caribbean.. Don't get me wrong, racism exists, but people are not hungup on it like in the US and other countries. I guess living in small spaces forces people to get along regardless of race, religion , ethnicity...

doloresc
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:59 PM
When you're making a film about slavery, you're not going to use white actors to play the slaves. The acts in the Moulin Rouge are supposed to look the same as in the beginning of the 20th century, when no blacks were on stage either. It's not a modern act. Would the people in Bali accept black women as Balinese dancers? I think not. It's about upholding traditions for the sake of the tourists, it doesn't depict real life.

tine, i understand that but in the history of entertainment, black people have not always been portrayed by black people, so why let whites off the hook? besides, paris is a cosmopolitan city (with a large population of people of color), why couldn't they update moulin rouge for the new millennium?

That said, I do think the way they say, "we only accept blacks in the kitchen" is very offensive.

it really is but some people on this thread don't want to admit that.

doloresc
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:01 PM

exactly, cariosity! ms. baker's impact on paris leaves moulin rouge without a leg to stand on in this argument.

SJW
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:06 PM

back off trick :fiery:

doloresc
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:08 PM
:rolleyes: Why do you start talking about my personnal life??? Anyway to answer that stupid comment, if people can't accept to live with someone who has a different opinion than they have, I will move again and find someone else, period.

My comment wasn't narrow-minded, I was just stating the obvious. For certain job, certain kind of people are needed, when it's about making a film, selling clothes, alcohol, etc.

And if you're about to comment on my personnal life when it has nothing to do with the thread, put me on ignore and say nothing, it's better that way.

da backhand, sorry that i referred to your thread but your comment was really narrow-minded to me and it reminded me of your nervousness about moving. you seem quick to dismiss the claims made in this article as just another minority complaining about injustice. in all fairness, you may not have meant it that way but that is how i see it.

doloresc
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:11 PM
There is nothing to "admit", that comment was offensive. I don't think the discussion was about that comment, but about if they should have the choice or not to hire who they want.

oh we all understand that, da backhand, but just the fact that some people have no problems with the regulation of blacks to kitchen duty is what i find disconcerting.

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:17 PM
back off trick :fiery:

Bring it bitch... :mad:

You and I both know that I could have Cari easily...But all I want is just a quickie...are you really that selfish?

doloresc
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:17 PM
I never was nervous that much about moving, that was just your impression, and it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread anyway.

to me it does have something to do with this thread but let's leave it that.

Anyway I just posted my impression after reading the article, that is just, hum, my opinion, I might be wrong about it, but I don't see the big deal about that. Just take it for what it is, an opinion.

to be fair to you, i will. i have my own thoughts on your stance but they're important only to me. i apologize again for bringing up your thread.

Cariaoke
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:18 PM
*sets security alarm*

"Code: Booty is active. Armed."

Cariaoke
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:20 PM

You and I both know that I could have Cari easily...But all I want is just a quickie...are you really that selfish?
I may look like a chocolate m&m but I melt in your hands. :tape: You can try but it'll be messy.

SJW
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:24 PM

YES!!

spokenword73
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=doloresc]tine, i understand that but in the history of entertainment, black people have not always been portrayed by black people, so why let whites off the hook? besides, paris is a cosmopolitan city (with a large population of people of color), why couldn't they update moulin rouge for the new millennium?

Excellent point!! Also, the French are just saying what a lot of people in the states are thinking but won't say, cuz they know there would be hell to pay!! BTW, what makes them think black people would want to work im their kitchen anyway? Or for that matter pay good money to go to their stinky little theater?? :(

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:24 PM
I may look like a chocolate m&m but I melt in your hands. :tape: You can try but it'll be messy.

YES pleas!!!! I love messy... :drool:

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:27 PM
YES!!

You know...we aint neva had any beef but if you want to start some over a piece of ass then it aint nothing but a thing...You know my crew...you know I roll with the Dip-Set...You dont want none of this Harlem thug ya heard...KILLAH!!!

***Calls my homo err...home boy Jewelz Santana***

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:31 PM
You know...we aint neva had any beef but if you want to start some over a piece of ass then it aint nothing but a thing...You know my crew...you know I roll with the Dip-Set...You dont want none of this Harlem thug ya heard...KILLAH!!!

Your Bitch ass aint going to do nothing but get Gangsta slapped!!!!

I'm with Sweets (SJW) I've Brought it! Besides, Cari don't want no effeminate, broke, ugly boy.

Cariaoke
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:36 PM
YES pleas!!!! I love messy... :drool:
ROFL! you would like it messy! :tape:

Cariaoke
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:37 PM

I'm with Sweets (SJW) I've Brought it! Besides, Cari don't want no effeminate, broke, ugly boy.
I don't want no scrubs... but Cam looks good in pink chinchilla. :drool:

you didn't know that was my voice 'oh boy'? betta recognize! :cool: :kiss:

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:42 PM
I don't want no scrubs... but Cam looks good in pink chinchilla. :drool:

you didn't know that was my voice 'oh boy'? betta recognize! :cool: :kiss:

Stay away from his types, you know the wannabees, with problems. They will bring you down everytime. You see, all he wants to do is come over for some instant-gratification. And besides, with what he got you don't want that.

You see he says he likes it messy. That means he's unclean. I believe he's the type that paints the kids and leave peanut butter on the sheets.

Yuck!

Cariaoke
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:44 PM
rofl! :)

don't worry... SJW would kick his ass. she has a mean streak. :D :haha: :haha:

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:50 PM

I believe so too SJW is a better fit for you. If you start playing around with Cam'ron you would be toying with the help.

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:53 PM

SJW would kick his ass. she has a mean streak. :D :haha: :haha:

:bounce: :drool: :lick: :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :drool: :drool:

doloresc
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:23 PM
You don't have to apologize.

then why take issue with the fact that i brought up your 'moving away' thread?

Just a comment, you say that people I might move with might not tolerate my opinion... Now, who is narrow-minded?

no, da backhand, i meant that you might move somewhere where people are more liberal-minded.

I'm far from being narrow-minded, I read and accept all kind of opinions, I don't care what people look like, etc However I do have also my opinions and if some people don't like it, it's their problem.

and i respect that! i hope you do travel and expand your horizons.

all the best,

dolores

doloresc
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:25 PM
Warning: if you have a different opinion than doloresc, she might say nasty things to you in a reputation message... Talk about being narrow-minded!

for the record: i took the high road, and gave you a positive reputation point, even after you gave me a negative one.

all i did was call you narrow-minded. i'm sure you've been called worse on this board!

doloresc
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:32 PM
You said that I have no backbone, that sounds nasty to me.

why don't you c/p my reputation point to you for all posters to see? you can't seem to decide to what you want to keep private. :confused:

da backhand, i do think you have no backbone. i do think you're fragile.
i'm entitled to that. as you said so yourself in your private message, a messageboard is a place of opinions, ones that may differ from yours.

we agree to disagree.

dc

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:37 PM
da backhand, i do think you have no backbone. i do think you're fragile.
dc

You are fragile Da backhand, we heard you whinning about relocating. We heard your soul. You gave it to this board. Now you are reacting like a whinny kid. You wondered why you got blasted in that thread.

.....well this is why. Get a Backbone already.

SJW
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:41 PM

you right, we aint never had beef, so i guess if you want a piece of Ms Cari, i might trade you for a piece of YOUR guy's ass :tape:

SJW
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:43 PM

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

SJW
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:45 PM

oh hush!

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:52 PM
you right, we aint never had beef, so i guess if you want a piece of Ms Cari, i might trade you for a piece of YOUR guy's ass :tape:

Reg and I are kind of in a cool off phase... :sad: :angel:

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:03 PM
Reg and I are kind of in a cool off phase... :sad: :angel:

He fired You! tell the truth chump. I would too if you kept bringing me a dirty booty :lol:

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:05 PM
Maybe I should put my candidature to play in a porn movie, no doubt porn movie producers will consider me, if not, it's a clear example of discrimination and I'll start a thread about it to complain.

You need a backbone to take the bones that will be thrown at you. Sorry, keep your day job. Besides aren't there certain criteria for porn. I don't think you fit the script.

*JR*
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:12 PM
you right, we aint never had beef, so i guess if you want a piece of Ms Cari, i might trade you for a piece of YOUR guy's ass :tape: (Wait a minute, how did I wind up back @ GoTennis)? :eek: :p

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:12 PM
Just like there are certain criteria to be a dancer in the Moulin Rouge cabaret.

Even though you are white. I don't believe they will be looking for your type.

They want someone with "Stage Presence" and since you don't have a "Backbone" you won't make it kiddo.

In other words you must be fearless. Something you are consumed with.

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:29 PM
LMAO is Ballbuster the new character of Ben? That sounds so much like him.
Whose Ben!

Move to the states Son!

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:35 PM
Ballbuster: You need to relax...you go around the board looking for bitch fights...:rolleyes:

Smoke some sticky icky green shit and calm down... :silly:

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:38 PM
Ballbuster: You need to relax...you go around the board looking for bitch fights...:rolleyes:

Smoke some sticky icky green shit and calm down...

Look, I'm not a dope fiend like you!

Keep the drugs to yourself, I'm not the one for that unstable shit.

No wonder why you so fucked up.

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:42 PM
Fucked up?

K, den...Thats why I work (in a professional capacity) for one of the larges multi-national financial institutions on wall street...:rolleyes:

**ignore the fat boy on***

Ballbuster
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:46 PM
Fucked up?

K, den...Thats why I work (in a professional capacity) for one of the larges multi-national financial institutions on wall street...:rolleyes:

That's called Dream!

besides, educated people don't use language like k, den.

that's language consistent with people of the mailroom. Stop trying to boost your image with us. We know you for the mail courier that you are.