PDA

View Full Version : Linz

switz
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Patty is the number 8 seed at this tournament. After playing myriam two weeks ago in the first round, she will once again play a country-women in MGM. Marie's form of late has been awful (to say the least), although injury has played a role of course. As long as Patty is not too shaken by her loss to dokic i would say that this should be a pretty routine victory considering their results of late. Marie did beat Patty easily this year on the Gold Coast, so if she turns up then Patty could face a stern test.

Patty will potentially face Chladkova or a qualifier in the second round, and then the number one seed Myskina in the quarters (although with Schiavone or Bovina in the 2nd round that is no certainty)

switz
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:15 PM
yeah i got a little concerned when someone wrote in the paws game that craybas and schnyder not schneider were playing together.

switz
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:16 PM
although vogus would have been happy. jill could really point patty in the right direct (j/k)

vogus
Oct 21st, 2003, 06:27 PM
Craybas from what i've seen and heard is actually a very hard worker. She's got the same singles ranking as Schett with about 1/50th of the talent, and she doesn't try to turn her career into a glam-modeling-fest either. Patty could do worse for herself than playing doubles with Craybas (in fact she is doing worse at the moment :angel: ).

I agree with the switz analysis, Mikaelian is looking woefully out of form and should be target practice for Patty in the 1st round. In 2nd round Chladkova is decent but Patty has a very good record against her, like 5-1. The QF vs Myskina/Bovina is obviously tough but if she's on her game Patty will be right in there with either one. Remember that in each of the past two years, Patty has won her final regular tournament of the season (Pattaya in '01 and Zurich in '02).

switz
Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:10 PM
Patty won 7-6, 7-5 over MGM. perhaps tougher than expected, but Patty always struggles to beat her countrywomen so this is a good result.

is she loses to chladkova then she is in trouble.

vogus
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:23 PM
Patty took out Chladkova with a pretty easy 63 64 win - the 4th time in a row Patty's beaten her in straight sets. But a good win nonetheless as Chladkova is a player who always puts out a good effort. Next up Myskina, who has to play the next 2 weeks in the U.S. - she might feel like getting there a few days early and having some rest, and that could work in Patty's favor.

Isn't it funny how with Patty having a successful indoor season, a certain Mr. Know-It-All is suddenly posting a lot less? ;)

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:21 PM
:rolleyes: Why can't everybody be happy she's doing well instead of arguing all the time.

switz
Oct 24th, 2003, 01:25 AM
because if we support her then we don't care about her apparently. we should be hoping she loses for the rest of her career until she breaks up with hoffman, and even she doesn't, then at least we've stayed true to what is right.

personally i know i only care about her left arm and her tennis racquet. i love that arm!!

Rothes
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:48 AM
because if we support her then we don't care about her apparently. we should be hoping she loses for the rest of her career until she breaks up with hoffman, and even she doesn't, then at least we've stayed true to what is right. i know i only care about her left arm and her tennis racquet. i love that arm!!

Hellajulah!!!

switz
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:05 PM
I don't wish her a Lotta Losses, but I try to keep a Proper Perspective. Herr Hofmann isn't simply her boyfriend, nor just a man who pled guilty to something. He wouldn't even know this Puzzling Player if he hadn't been found by her imPerfect Parents to Reject Rainer I. Could he "make them" reconcile? No. Did he want them to try? I seriously doubt it. (Remember, PP was the "hot rookie" in '98, and so he expected Plentiful Performance). So Basler Babe was seen as More Money than anything the Peppermint Parents could Probably Pay. This conflict of Interest Isn't Illegal, but It Is Immoral IMO. Frankly, I don't know the facts re. Telekom, etc. other than the guilty plea, or re. Verena besides the divorce and again say: after the season, he should Please Post his version of events here. And Rainer, I'll find you a Trusted Translator if Suissies Scared, probably From Fatherland. (Plus, I'll get the Admin's to prevent a flame war like the Silly Slanging match of early this year when you tried).

i've got to praise your ability to write these things like you haven't said them one thousand times already. :worship: :worship:

switz
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:16 PM
while i can't speak for patty's other fans, personally i can say that i don't want in depth answers about who rainer hofmann is and what he has done. i have stated my opinion about him and his relationship with patty, and as a university student in australia, i really just have better things to do with my time than fighting some vague cause against some guy who happens to be in a relationship with a tennis player i like.

i know the feelings of most patty fans, but i'm not going speak for them. what i am going to say is that i am tired of this shit. i'm not going to argue with you, because i don't have a problem with your principles. i'm just going to tell you that you are pissing off at least 5 people in who post in this thread (ie everyone) with constantly bringing this issue up. it's your right to post what you want, however, so all i want to do is let you know what people are saying to me.

switz
Oct 24th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Switz, may I remind you that I've invited Rainer to state his side of things (with a translator he trusts, be it from the board or not. And without a flame war like the infamous Pat2003 thing, either). Certainly the situation involving frequent coaching changes affects her play. Also, I only WISH I had the power to generate audiences of 400,000 as the TV debate from Zurich did, so its hardly like the ppl that may indeed be pissed @ me don't have the story thrust @ them anyway. Sorry if my showing the same "she's a person, first" attitude I did re. Dani's (eating disorder or whatever) isn't appreciated more, but I guess we all have our own priorities re. ppl in tennis).

you just don't get it. people aren't pissed with what you're saying, it's how much you say it, and where you do it. if you came in here and started a thread about the whole issue where people can come in and talk about it when they want to, then i would have absolutely no issue with it at all. i don't think you realise just how much you talk about it. you make the issue tired and annoying to everyone concerned, and IMO you take away any real interest people might have in it because of the obsessive way in which you post about it. doesn't it tell you something that i went from fighting them to fighting you? and yet if someone came on general messages praising hofmann i would still argue against them. i don't want to fight with you, but you're make something as simple as saying good luck to patty almost impossible for us. it just isn't necessary to keep telling us the same information over and over again. surely you have to the common sense to realise that doing that serves no purpose.

and stop trying to give yourself some kind of moral superiority just because you come on a message board and force this stuff on people to the point where they just want to tell you to shut the hell up. wow, you asked for some discussion that is never going to happen, aren't you great!!

i just don't need this. i come in here to meet up with some people i like and who have some common interests as me. i have problems of my own which you have no idea about, and yet you try and make me feel like a bad person just for wanting to enjoy tennis and not having the desire to dedicate my live to solving patty's personal problems?

i'm just leaving this board, because this is not what i come here for, and yet it is all i seem to do.

bye bye, i hope your crusades manage to fulfil you.

switz
Oct 24th, 2003, 04:20 PM
btw patty just had one of her best wins 6-1, 6-1 over myskina, but i guess that isn't something we should talk about in here. damn, patty, you need to lose more!!!

vogus
Oct 24th, 2003, 04:48 PM
whatever we are doing in here, guys, we need to keep it up, because Patty just slaughtered Myskina with double breadsticks. ;)

i saw it (not too clearly) on the live feed - it was sort of a non-match as Myskina was looking sickly and not moving much, and all the points were really short. But Patty did what she should have in that situation, she brought the hammer down with no mercy on her struggling opponent.

JR i was only half serious in my other post so you don't have to get so huffy. That i don't have you on ignore pretty much says it all. Despite some differing opinions, all the Patty fans that care enough to post in this forum (as opposed to some of the bimbos in the live scoring threads) are :cool: with me. Obviously we are all aware that there is a "situation," and as hardcore Patty fans, we are all concerned about it to a greater or lesser degree. As i remember it was switz himself who gave Hofmann the most hell that time that he came into the forum trumpeting that he was Patty's Grand Wizard or whatever it was he said. But it's a FACT (FTS as Car Key Boi would say) that we don't know that much about what's going on. Like switz said, we have our opinions about it and those opinions have mostly been stated, and mostly lean in the same direction. But the only thing that can reveal whether or not our opinions are justified is time itself. Sure, i'd like to know what's really going on. But i'd also like to enjoy Patty's success on the tennis court, regardless of what might or might not be happening behind the scenes.

Now - ahem - next match is winner of Petrova/Suarez. Patty is H2H 1-4 against Suarez and 4-1 against Petrova, but i think Petrova would be the tougher draw for Patty this time around (all 4 of Patty's wins over Nadya came when Nadya was either on injury ranking or only 17 y/o). It wouldn't hurt Patty's cause if Nadya beats Suarez 7-6 (11), 5-7, 7-5 in about 3h 40 min, and then after that, has to play a 3-set doubles match that lasts until one in the morning.

switz
Oct 24th, 2003, 11:42 PM
JR i was just in a bad mood last night. i'm not taking back what i said, but i wasn't trying to get you to leave. decent human beings are kind of a rare commodity on this board, so don't feel like we don't want you at all. i was just asking for you to realise that we already know what your saying, and that maybe there are different people who need to know about this stuff.

thanks for giving us a bit of a break mate

Rothes
Oct 25th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Hi JR.

I think Switz has pretty much covered how we all feel in a
"Internet Sort of way" That the Rainer Hoffman topic is getting a little tedious and kind of repetitive. It certainly is for me, Certainaly is for vogus, Alex etc. We realise that Rainer has some part to play in Pattys Life, and yet we dont terribly know how much the relationship is effecting her, only time is going to show us any result, and that we will have to wait for.

Since I have been posting here, The same exact information by you has been bought up and bought up, with no new evidence or new news to talk about, something which gets tedious and annoying as it is bought up in everythread, Not that it's tabboo or anything, I can't tell what you should post and what you shouldn't. But I think if you want us to respect you (we allready do ;) ) more then maybe it's common sence not to keep chatting about Hoffman every five minutes. I see Switz has made a thread especially for Hoffman Discussion, something which I think is a good idea, and may compensate for other postings about Rainer in various threads about Patty.

So you can talk about Hoffman there now, without getting your head bitten of frequently ;) Until there is any new information or any new article regarding Rainer and Patty, anyone be sure to post it on, new information is welcome, that way it's something new we can analyse, but using the same information, or bringing his name into everything is not the best way to go on about it.

Also I should say Patty Threads are a big no no for bringing up Hoffman Information, except little Sarcastic idioms are fine though ;) but be careful.

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Oct 25th, 2003, 11:55 AM
I think that everybody who posts here cares about Patty, not only as a tennisplayer but also as a human being. We as fans want her to be happy. But to be honest i haven't seen any evidence that Rainer isn't making her happy. I think that the constant nagging of her fans and the media about Rainer is making her unhappy. That's why i tried to start some threads about patty's tennis here, cause lately it was all about rainer this and rainer that. The seperate thread for discussions about rainer seems like a good idea to me, but to be honest i don't think i'll post much there. And i really believe you mean well, JR, but i don't see what having a discussion with rainer will do good for Patty.

Rothes
Oct 25th, 2003, 01:15 PM
whos Lady Clarissa arrgh?

vogus
Oct 25th, 2003, 04:12 PM
I think we are fortunate enough not to need a moderator right now as we all seem to be reasonable human beings here. Lady Clarissa, whoever she is, seems to be doing a pretty good job in absentia.

QE that was a nice post, i don't totally agree with you but it's good to have a woman's opinion as i think the others posting here are all guys.

JR forget it, you're not going anywhere. You might deny it but you are a Patty fan just like the rest of us. :devil:

Patty lost pretty easily to Nadya - i saw it on the feed. Nadya played with a lot of confidence today and Patty was mostly on the defense. Patty was missing a lot of backhands and she was losing the longer rallies, so that was obviously a bad sign for her. Patty's style of play has changed quite a bit in the past year (compared to her last year's USO matches), she seems to serve bigger, go for more winners and dropshots, and not be as patient as she used to. But that could just be in the 2 matches that i've watched, (the USO vs Tammy and this one). In any case Patty had a very solid indoor season and she can't be too upset despite today's result.

*JR*
Oct 25th, 2003, 04:27 PM
QE that was a nice post, i don't totally agree with you but it's good to have a woman's opinion as i think the others posting here are all guys. OMG, Rothes had a sex change operation? :eek: :o :devil:

Rothes
Oct 26th, 2003, 01:04 AM
mwahahahaha Maybe ;)

I actually get to see todays match, I was to busy with This little child that wouldn't stop throwing sand!! So I had to keep an eye on him, but I got another worker to update the score ;)

I think Dokic gave Petrova some handy tips from last weeks Swisscom, Hit at her backhand and play flat which what she did. Her Backhand can dismantle like Clijsters Forehand. Overall It was a good indoors season. and I think Patty Plays one more tournament, so more points it looks like :)

switz
Oct 26th, 2003, 11:34 AM
i think that if patty took some advantage of the breaks and break points she had early in points she could have made a better fist of. she played a lot of stupid shots at the end of rallies she dominated.

petrova's tactics where good in that she kept it flat and to the backhand. what she said about the importance she placed on winning the first sets because when patty gets it she always fight the whole match was something which i thought was apt in describing patty. she rarely wins from a set down anymore like she used to, but also rarely loses once she takes the first set.

it definitely was a good indoor season. it could have been better, but she kept her ranking in the top 25 which allows her direct entry to the adidas international, which makes me very very happy. she could have easily been ranked in the 40s if she did't lift her game like she has.

next year she only really has no bigs points to defend, so lets hope she finds some real motivation to want to win whenever she steps on court, because she has a great chance to make a big push for the top 10 if she does that.

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Oct 26th, 2003, 11:51 AM
I didn't see the match, but the result is quite disappointing. It so weird that, just like in Filderstadt, she crushes her opponent in the previous round and then gets chrushed herself. But off course, after this disappointing year, we can be happy about the year-end indoor season she had.

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Oct 26th, 2003, 11:54 AM
I meant Zurich ofcourse. (wake up Lizzy :rolleyes: )