PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, Guess what

Emily
Feb 8th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Hi guys
some of you may remember me from the Sanex Board (Sam83)
anyway i finally found where you all are!!! (lol-finally!!!)
Anyway I'm so depressed but your right we must stay positive:D

So that's why I wrote into the Australian tennis mag about Lindsay and guess what it got published!!!
I was so surprised!!!:eek:
I'll write it on here if you want to know what i said.
Anyway least they took notice.
Must go, but it's great to see (most) of you again, I missed you:)

before i go, i was at the Adidas international (hoping to see Lindsay) when they announced her surgery. I was soooo upset:sad:
Anyway check back soon
great to be back!!!
Emily(aka Sam83)

Maajken
Feb 8th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Welcome back :wavey:

Nikki
Feb 8th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Welcome :wavey:

RayRob
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Hi there Emily,

I remember you - you were one of my assistant spys back in the day ;) LOL What took you so long?

I for one would love to see your letter that got published. I've had about 4 or 5 e mails read out on British Eurosport in the last year or so. I've only ever heard 1 read out but Jan has heard all the others. It's good to know that others respect your opinions and want let others know what you have to say!

Congat's anyway, and we'll see you around :)

Bye for now,
-Rachel :)

beckl
Feb 8th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Hi emily/sam. welcome to the TOP forum!
Grrr (doesn't have eurosport), grrrr (cant afford it)!
Plz publish letter.
Rach what letters did you get read out on eurosport?

beckl

jacs
Feb 8th, 2002, 06:09 PM
WELCOME BACK!!!!

RayRob
Feb 8th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Beckl,

I can't remember what all the letters were about, a couple of them were about Lindsay - that I'm sure of. The last e mail I sent was during the Aus Open, I think. I said that I thought Monica would beat Venus if they were to meet in the Quarters (this was just after the 2nd round), because I thought that Monica would have the ability to take advantage of any injury Venus may have.

I also mentioned that if Venus was 100%, I thought that Monica would still win because of her experience on big occations and also that fact that she had a great run in the back end of 2001. I said also that it would be a great match which would be extremely close - and it seems I was right!

Does that answer your question?

Sorry I couldn't remeber the content of all the others - all I know is they were definately possitive comments about Lindsay - as always:)

c2
Feb 8th, 2002, 11:55 PM
HI Emily, AKA Sam83 :)

Emily
Feb 9th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Thanx everyone.
Yes Rach we were spys( that was fun)lol
anyway here is the letter, they only published some of it cause it was really long:)

DAVENPORT FAN:DAVENPORT FAN
Congradulations! You have gone (at least) a whole year without writing more than a paragraph on the 2001 year-end World No.1 Lindsay Davenport and even then all you seemed to write was critcism. Even when she became No.1 you failed to recognise her achievements over the summer except for the guote about her injury. I think you've underestimated the number of Lindsay fans.

As you can see I was pretty pissed off!!
Anyway I think they got the message(lol)
I think we should do this more often because I think they think Lindsay isn't popular and if we keep it up then soon they will get the message and we will get to read more and more about our Linds.
:D :) :D :)

RayRob
Feb 11th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Hi Emily,

Great paragraph - I would have loved to have seen the whole of the letter. Obviously your letter was fueled by anger directed towards those who remain completely ignorant towards Lindsay Davenports acheivements! Those kind of people really get my back-up!

:wavey: Get well Lindsay:)

bye now,

Lindsayfan
Feb 11th, 2002, 10:01 PM
hi Emily,I'm Valeria!do u remember about me? ;)
nice to meet you here! :) :) :)

Mikey
Feb 12th, 2002, 07:11 AM
hi! i know you dont know me, but i just wanted to say hi and nice to meet you! great paragraph, by the way!!!!!

Emily
Feb 12th, 2002, 09:26 AM
thanx everyone,
Yes Val, i do remember u- Hi How are u!