PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here who plays Curling ?

GoDominique
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Well, I don't. But I really like to watch it. :)

Now my uni is offering a Curling-course for beginners, and I'm considering to try it out.
So I would like to ask those who play or have played Curling: Is it fun ? (it probably is for you, or else you wouldn't do it, duh!)
And how long does it take until you can play some decent stones ?

Thanks. ;)

alexusjonesfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:33 PM
Curling is damn fun! :yippee:

I've only curled a handful of times in my life and I still suck so it takes longer to become good at it ;)

btw, I hear cdpoulin is an avid curler :)

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:20 PM
I am :D:D:D!

I love curling..I actually played this morning...The other team was way bhetter but we manged to lose 6-4 which we are very proud of...Especially since the 4 points come from the same inning...

If you really like watching curling, youll love playing it...But of course it takes practice..so at first youll be able to of coarse do a good stones, but you can really strat to play better when you got the slide perfectly...that takes some praactice and my needs were blue for a few weeks ;)

But Im sure youll enjoy it...:D!

alexusjonesfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:00 PM
How can you compete with a sport that has men and women yelling 'HARD HARD HARD' as they hurl heavy stones to the other end:o :worship:

Monique
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:25 PM
isn't curling Canuck slang for "is this a real sport" :p ;) ?

anyway, I love a man who knows how to sweep the floor :hearts:

Bacardi
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Well aside from TV, I've never see anyone else playing it.
I wonder if it got its start from boring house wives? It has to originate from sweeping the floor, right? :confused: :scratch:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:34 AM
It started in Bonnie Scotland with real brooms and real rocks being flung across frozen ponds.

Yes, it was first a MEN'S sport :o

It may have started in Scotland, but it's an institution in Canada :eek:

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 20th, 2003, 04:59 PM
I knew once again that just a thread saying curling in its name would bring people saying it is not a real sport...

All I can say to you is that I remember when I wake up the moring after a game...And yes I am fit I am a tennis player 2-3 times per week competively...But it is reallly really tough...

dubro
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:23 PM
ROTFLMFAO @ Curling :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i can't believe i could win an Olympic medal sweepin da ice.
it can be my last chance..have to train hardly !! :ahah:

matthias
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:49 PM
yes try it, unfortunally i have no chance to try it :(

alexusjonesfan
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:51 PM
pfft @ all the haters :p

~CANUCK~
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:55 AM
Ive gone curling twice...and its so much fun..and for those who say its not a sport...try doing it and come tell me how you feel the next day :rolleyes:

Darran
Oct 21st, 2003, 06:14 AM
It is great fun, its more difficult trying to slide and sweep than it looks.

adss
Oct 21st, 2003, 06:25 AM
^^ i know! played it in gym class, it is really hard to sweep and slide at the same time. also my hip is still bruised from when i fell on the ice

GoofyDuck
Dec 9th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Anyone still curling?