Alice Canepa
Liezel Horn-Huber

Any others? :)

Sonf@
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:12 PM
uy la Bahia... :devil:

rated_next
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:35 PM
I never knew Lubomira and Bahia were married.

starr
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Corrina got divorced? When did that happen?

esquímaux
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Bahia:eek:

j_dementieva27
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:54 PM
i always forget davenport is married... this annouced her as "miss" lindsey davenport at wimbledon... and i think she was already married at that point

AgassiGirl16
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:10 AM
Corina got divorced around Wimbledon of this year..

Jakeev
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:42 AM
Justin Henin-Hardenne
Lindsay Davenport
Anna Pistolesi
Silvia Farina Elia
Elena Likhovtseva
María Alejandra Vento-Kabchi
Barbara Rittner
Rossana Neffa De los Rios
Lindsay Lee-Waters
Lubomira Bacheva
Bahia Mouhtassine
Katalin Marosi (divorced)
Sybille Bammer
Corina Morariu (divorced)
Asa Svensson
Alice Canepa
Liezel Horn-Huber

Any others? :)

Not to be so technical, but if Corina and Katalin are divorced then they should not be on the same list right? ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:21 PM
Maria Geznenge (Gusheva)
Aneta Soukop-Zahalka
Kveta Peschke (Hrdlickova)

Mateo Mathieu
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:15 PM
Arantxa Parra-Santoja

Xian
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:19 PM
Rittner is divorced

lizchris
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:32 PM
i always forget davenport is married... this annouced her as "miss" lindsey davenport at wimbledon... and i think she was already married at that point

She had the cholice of being called Miss Davenport, Ms. Davenport-Leach or Mrs. Leach. Had she won, she would have been listed as Mrs. Rick Leach in the list of winners.

Xian
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:35 PM
Bammer isnt married she and her boyfriend only have a child

Tennis_IS_Fun
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:41 PM
now that gays in Canada can be married,
does that mean we'll be seeing some lesbian pairs?
with so many WTA players being gays and everything:)

Xian
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:45 PM
Katarina Daskovic former Mesic
Kati Wolner
Petra Kukova-Raclavska

spiceboy
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:25 AM
Arantxa Parra-Santoja

Alex, no way Arantxa is married ;) that's her second surname (everyone in Spain have it)

I didn't include players like Hrdlickova-Pesce or Dragomir-Ilie as they are not active players

GermanBoy
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:33 AM
She had the cholice of being called Miss Davenport, Ms. Davenport-Leach or Mrs. Leach. Had she won, she would have been listed as Mrs. Rick Leach in the list of winners.

Not Rick Leach, Lindsay is married to his brother. :angel:

Mariolona-fan
Oct 29th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Divorced:

Babsi Schett;
Anna K :confused: :confused:

Married: Testud (she's coming back ;) )

-Sonic-
Oct 29th, 2003, 10:23 PM
wow I didn't know hrdlickova got married!! :)

shame, i liked that name :)

"Topaz"
Oct 29th, 2003, 11:55 PM
For the life of me, I had the impression that Chanda Rubin was married back in the late nineties. For the past several years, nothing has surfaced on that issue. Have I been wrong all along? Maybe, maybe not.

ToeTag
Oct 30th, 2003, 12:02 AM
now that gays in Canada can be married,
does that mean we'll be seeing some lesbian pairs?
with so many WTA players being gays and everything:)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..Don't be so ridiculous!! Canadians can't play tennis remember.

Xian
Oct 30th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Babsi isnt divorced neither she was ever married

Rollo
Oct 30th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Tennis magazine came today. Here's an eye opening stat.

Father's in the world's top 100-12
Mothers in the world's top 100-0

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 30th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Tennis magazine came today. Here's an eye opening stat.

Father's in the world's top 100-12
Mothers in the world's top 100-0

then again, fathers don't get pregnant do they :tape:
hardly suprising

Agassi, Kafelnikov, Grosjean, Henman, Costa (Corretja dont count now or does he ?) Rios fell out this week from top 100.

Rollo
Oct 30th, 2003, 12:24 PM
LOL-good point TBE, but at least one or two would be nice-c'mon Rossana de los Rios!

miranda_lou
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Had she won, she would have been listed as Mrs. Rick Leach in the list of winners.

No. They don't do that anymore at Wimbledon. :) Back when Chrissy played and was married to John Lloyd, she was referred to as "Mrs. Lloyd" and on the board during her matches her name was "Mrs. J.M. Lloyd" and on the list of winners was "Mrs. John Lloyd" all of which I found pretty disgusting. :rolleyes: But, that is no longer the case, unless the woman wants it that way. And, I can't imagine any woman would want it that way. :(

then again, fathers don't get pregnant do they

Very good point. There is no way Agassi would be winning big tournaments after two pregnancies. :rolleyes:

I may be wrong, but I believe Evonne Googlagong Cawley is the first, last and only woman to win a Slam (Wimbledon) after having given birth.:angel: But then, Evonne was far beyond Rossana del los Rios in tennis talent. :lol:

GABRIEL
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:20 PM
...this reminds me of a question : wh is the highest ranked MUM in the WTA ?
Neffa de los Rios ?
who else is a mother ? I can recall Bammer, Canepa, Lee Waters and not many more...

rated_next
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Testud will be the highest when she comes back. ;)

Jem
Oct 30th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Laura Arraya from Peru played her best tennis after giving birth to a child.

Terry Holladay also played superbly after she became a mom!

Both said childhood settled them.

selesfan1
Oct 30th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Laura Arraya later became Laura Gildmeister no?
Miranda-Lou, actually Rossana could have been a top 50 player had she worked harder, not have so fragile nerves, and not taken 3 years off the tour to have ana paula. So she is not as deprived of talent as you make it seem.

Declan
Oct 30th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Laura Arraya from Peru played her best tennis after giving birth to a child.

Terry Holladay also played superbly after she became a mom!

Both said childhood settled them.

Kathy Rinaldi played after giving birth to her son Duke in 1994, although she was more successful in doubles.

disposablehero
Oct 30th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Monica Seles-Disposablehero

Juju_fan
Oct 31st, 2003, 12:49 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..Don't be so ridiculous!! Canadians can't play tennis remember.
In Belgium, gay can get married too!

Don't tell me Belgians can't play tennis :p

xcrtbckhnd
Oct 31st, 2003, 01:16 AM
I seem to remember a player named Laura Gildemeister who played well after having a child. Does anyone else remember her? Some match against Monica sticks out where she lead 5-0 in the first set to end up losing it 7-5...I'll have to check the ITF database....I'm not sure why I seem to remember that she was a mom. That may be wrong. I think she was from Peru?

spiceboy
Oct 31st, 2003, 09:01 AM

Gildemeister became Arraya after her marriage ;) And yes, she came from Perú.

She was even seeded (15 I believe) at the Australian Open 91'

miranda_lou
Oct 31st, 2003, 07:19 PM
Miranda-Lou, actually Rossana could have been a top 50 player had she worked harder, not have so fragile nerves, and not taken 3 years off the tour to have ana paula. So she is not as deprived of talent as you make it seem.

And I could have been a top 50 player if I had worked harder, paid attention to my coach and not gained 50 pounds. :rolleyes: And if Rossana had the talent she could have overcome all of the above after having Ana Paula. :angel:

I have nothing against Rossana but the discussion was about mothers in the WTA who played well after giving birth and the ONLY one to play well, consistently after having a child was Evonne. :kiss: And that's because the talent was there from the beginning, which is not the case with Rossana.

Yes, Laura was from Peru and the sister of Hans Gildmeister, a very good player on the mens' side. I never actually her of her again after she married but I suppose she did play for a little while.

WrB
Oct 31st, 2003, 08:29 PM
Laura was Arraya, sister of men's player Pablo Arraya, and I believe she married tennis player and coach Heinz Gildemeister, brother of the more successful Hans, and I think they later divorced...but yes, her best results came as a mom.

Evonne Goolagong Cawley in 1980 became the first mom since Dorothea Lambert Chambers, in 1919, I think, to win Wimbledon singles.

And I wonder if Margaret Smith Court won any GS singles as a mom.