PDA

View Full Version : For those who don't like the Belgians being #1 and #2

disposablehero
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:21 PM
You better get used to it. Because it is going to stay this way until AT THE ABSOLUTE SOONEST Roland Garros.

CanadianBoy21
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:26 PM
You better get used to it. Because it is going to stay this way until AT THE ABSOLUTE SOONEST Roland Garros.
:rolleyes:

SJW
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:28 PM
thank you Mr Nostradamus

Knizzle
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:28 PM

Okay, I think you were approaching a point.......:confused:

ys
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:30 PM

Definitely so. The more magnificient will be their downfall after that..

disposablehero
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Okay, I think you were approaching a point.......:confused:

Nope, that was the point. Or maybe I was trying to discourage the clueless from 7-10 more months of incessant whining.

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:33 PM
Definitely so. The more magnificient will be their downfall after that..

how sad that you are already anticipating their downfall. what they are doing from such a small country is awesome. a lot of people said they don't have what it takes. besides, how will you feel if two russinas are #1 and #2 and people are already waiting for their downfall?

UDiTY
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:33 PM

I've already gotten used to it. They are the top 2 players when Venus and Serena are out.

But...they better enjoy their time there, because when Venus and Serena decide they wanna be 1 and 2 again, the Belgians don't stand a chance even with how many tournaments they play. :devil:

Jericho
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:37 PM
just like Clijsters wasnt going to drop a set going into the US Open right?

ys
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:38 PM
how sad that you are already anticipating their downfall. what they are doing from such a small country is awesome. a lot of people said they don't have what it takes.

Country is irrelevant in this case. They betrayed their country by refusing to play for the national team at Fed Cup while obviously having a physical ability to do so.

besides, how will you feel if two russinas are #1 and #2 and people are already waiting for their downfall?

It will be OK, because they will be replaced by another two Russians. :devil:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:41 PM
They betrayed their country by refusing to play for the national team at Fed Cup while obviously having a physical ability to do so.

:haha:

I'm surprised they haven't been charged for treason yet :o

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Yeah....the benifits of the current rankings-system. Itīs aight....but it will certainly be the first time that BOTH the no.1 and no.2 will go down as underdogs in slams....we all know that when the sisters play they are the favourites. No matter what the rankings say!

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:43 PM
ok so they will be all russians in the top ten and we can all wait for their glorious downfall? :rolleyes:

country is not irrelevant either or you would not be so obsessed with Russians?

Not playing FedCup is not a betrayal of country. if that were the case then all of the american girls besides Monica have betrayed the USA at some point. :(

disposablehero
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:44 PM
besides, how will you feel if two russinas are #1 and #2 and people are already waiting for their downfall?

I guess he'll never know how he would have felt.

ys
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:46 PM
ok so they will be all russians in the top ten and we can all wait for their glorious downfall? :rolleyes:

Everyone who is getting to the top is bound to have a downfall. there is only one way from the top.

Not playing FedCup is not a betrayal of country. if that were the case then all of the american girls besides Monica have betrayed the USA at some point. :(

Most of them definitely did. But I do not remember Capriati refusing to play or Davenport refusing to play on non-clay surface..

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:47 PM
I guess he'll never know how he would have felt.

I heard that the youngest Russians are all headed to USA, Belgium and Spain to change nationalities and train there. :haha:

*hingis_forever*
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Yeah....the benifits of the current rankings-system. Itīs aight....but it will certainly be the first time that BOTH the no.1 and no.2 will go down as underdogs in slams....we all know that when the sisters play they are the favourites. No matter what the rankings say!
Serena might be the favorite when she plays, but not Venus necessarily! I mean yeah, Venus might hold a 7-1 advantage in her h2h with Henin-Hardenne, but they haven't played since before Henin-Hardenne won a slam!

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Everyone who is getting to the top is bound to have a downfall. there is only one way from the top.

Most of them definitely did. But I do not remember Capriati refusing to play or Davenport refusing to play on non-clay surface..

well i guess people who cheer downfalls can always take solace in hope. hope springs eternal.

clay or not clay should not matter. capriati got herself kicked off so she is a traitor too? sounds like you are way too nationalistic.

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Serena might be the favorite when she plays, but not Venus necessarily! I mean yeah, Venus might hold a 7-1 advantage in her h2h with Henin-Hardenne, but they haven't played since before Henin-Hardenne won a slam!

Serena has lost 2 out of 3 this year to the world #1. :devil:

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:52 PM

Serena might be no...IS the favourite. Yeah, Venus hasnīt won a slam in years...but it wasnīt because of no-belgian! Since ī01, she has only lost twice to a non-Serena at slams: Monica Seles and Vera Z...

Juju: bageled at Wimby ī01, straight setted at Wimby ī02, straight setted at this year Oz.

Kim: beaten by an injured Venus at Wimby ī03....so in fact the Belgians have yet to do much against Venus.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:53 PM

Of course, of course.....but not all slams are on clay.

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:00 PM
nor on grass or fast hard courts...

ys
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:04 PM
well i guess people who cheer downfalls can always take solace in hope. hope springs eternal.

I will cheer their downfall simply because they will be replaced by someone I like more than them.

clay or not clay should not matter.

It should.. If you know that your rankings are not reflecting your true strengh on the surface, and you making yourself available can block those better than you on the surface from playing, it is in the best interests of the country not to make yourself available.

capriati got herself kicked off so she is a traitor too? sounds like you are way too nationalistic.

No, BJK is a traitor.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:06 PM
nor on grass or fast hard courts...

There are two on faster surfaces and history says that the Williams rule there.....Justine has the better clay-game..barely...īcause their clay-matches were a lot closer, than any of their matches on faster surfaces.

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:10 PM
I will cheer their downfall simply because they will be replaced by someone I like more than them.

It should.. If you know that your rankings are not reflecting your true strengh on the surface, and you making yourself available can block those better than you on the surface from playing, it is in the best interests of the country not to make yourself available.

No, BJK is a traitor.

well kim and justine know that they are worn out so why should they play there? there may be other factors that you are unaware of.

I don't care for BJK either so no quibbling with that. :)

Sadly FedCup is a screwed up thing anyways in SOOOOO MANY WAYS. But sometimes in my heart I think all of this "country" competition crap is just that - crap. a vehicle for the expression of naive infantile nationalism. :(

Martian KC
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Grey skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face.:)

ys
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:15 PM
well kim and justine know that they are worn out so why should they play there? there may be other factors that you are unaware of.

Tell me first, why Kim needs Luxemburg? Her rankings don't need that. Winning a Tier III with a pathetic field would not bring a #1 player in the world more of a glory.. So? Why would she choose to play 4 matches of this crappy tournament instead of playing Team World Championship finals for her country?

I know, my Russian girls are all withdrawing from tournaments to save themselves for Fed Cup finals.

Sadly FedCup is a screwed up thing anyways in SOOOOO MANY WAYS. But sometimes in my heart I think all of this "country" competition crap is just that - crap. a vehicle for the expression of naive infantile nationalism. :(

Of course. Don't watch Soccer World Cup, Olympics and other crap..

Betty
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:48 PM
Kim loves to play in Luxembourg because of emotional reasons: it was in Luxembourg that she won her first tournament. It proves too, that Kim not only plays for ranking or points, but that she just enjoys playing tennis.
Why pathetic? She is only nr.2 at the moment.
Concernig the fed cup, Kim's reason to withdraw from it is, she doesn't agree it will be played in Russia instead of Belgium, with the number one and two in it. The ITF preferred Russia because of the sponsoring..
After the US open, Justine declared she wouldn't play in the Fed Cup, because of her back injury, although she is still playing .

harloo
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:17 AM
:haha:

I'm surprised they haven't been charged for treason yet :o

I'm shocked that their sudden decision to snub Fed Cup wasn't criticized. LOL Typical WTAworld!!

BTW, I'm use to the belgians winning when the sisters are injured.

I hope they enjoy their time at the top while they have it, because it will soon be over.

Congrats Justine and Kim! :tape: :D ;)

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:24 AM
how sad that you are already anticipating their downfall. what they are doing from such a small country is awesome. a lot of people said they don't have what it takes. besides, how will you feel if two russinas are #1 and #2 and people are already waiting for their downfall?

sorry but how many millions of people are in belgium? Yeah thats great meanwhile two girls from the same family made one and two, thats much more impressive imo.

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:26 AM
sorry but how many millions of people are in belgium? Yeah thats great meanwhile two girls from the same family made one and two, thats much more impressive imo.

Exactly.....and they are still the best!

Look at Kim and Elke! Elke has to lean on her sisterīs fame, even suspicion of packaging to get in main draws.

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:26 AM

uh huh thats why they played this tournament? Whatever their reasons for skipping fed cup its their reason I dont attack players for playing the schedule they want unlike some rabid justine philistines.

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:33 AM
justine philistines

:rolls: :haha: :rolls:

starr
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:35 AM

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:39 AM

So you wanna copy every move I make now?! I feel honored....

starr
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:52 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

-Sonic-
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:52 AM
To the people who can't wait for their downfall AND who are saying Kim doesn't need Luxembourg:

If she is indeed going to fall, the points from Luxembourg might be needed later on. So don't contradict your own logic :p Either she needs to play it cos she's only being lucky at the moment and she does need it cos she's not as good as her ranking suggests, or she doesn't need to play it because she's a worthy number 2 in the world and so should be playing the top players only. Make your minds up :p

And yes, I dare say the majority of players have skipped fed cup at some point. Its not really a huge deal IMHO.

harloo
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:00 AM
Sonic love your avatar. :D

However, I'm just shocked that the flag wavers haven't come out criticizing the world's #1 and #2 players. It must be only a rule to criticize the Williams when they don't show for Fed Cup since they are so "unpatriotic". Hypocrisy! :lol: :lol:

-Sonic-
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:03 AM
Its me. A very accurate representation.

Betty
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:38 AM
The sisters C lijsters are not afraid to play in the same tournament .
There are sisters they only play together in slams.

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:45 AM
The sisters C lijsters are not afraid to play in the same tournament .
There are sisters they only play together in slams.

Hmmm....could it be that you canīt BUY wildcards at slams and thatīs why the Clijsters sisters are relegated to Luxembourgh status?!

One Clijsters is so low ranked that she wonīt even make the qualifying rounds at GSīs....so itīs fair to say we wonīt be seeing any Clijsters-Clijsters at tour level....let alone at GSīs!

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Right now Juju and Kimmie are the two best players actually playing. Yes, Venus and Serena are still the best players on the tour, but they have not been playing so of course they have fallen in the rankings. Anyway, Juju in particular is now up there with them in ability. It'll be interesting to see how they all fare when the Willies are fit, happy, and come back strong.

Isn't that the truth of it? What's everyone so upset about? As far as I'm concerned, we now have a much more interesting tour going into 2004 than we did going into 2003, and that's all good.

*goes back to sleep*

:zzz:

VeNuS#1LoVa
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:16 AM
UGH! I can't believe I'm going to get into this again, but whatever, I have to right the wrong. Venus and Serena will be back to #1 and #2 when they are healthy and play their normal schedules. It's physically impossible for JHH and KC to stay there when the Williams Sisters do comeback. I don't care about prize money, rankings, or tournament wins, when it comes down to it, Venus and Serena can beat JHH and KC whenever they want, wherever they want and however the HELL they want to.

Please Return Venus and Serena to shut up these incorrect people cheering on wannabes!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:20 AM
Right now Juju and Kimmie are the two best players actually playing. Yes, Venus and Serena are still the best players on the tour, but they have not been playing so of course they have fallen in the rankings. Anyway, Juju in particular is now up there with them in ability. It'll be interesting to see how they all fare when the Willies are fit, happy, and come back strong.

Isn't that the truth of it? What's everyone so upset about? As far as I'm concerned, we now have a much more interesting tour going into 2004 than we did going into 2003, and that's all good.

*goes back to sleep*

:zzz:

Yep.....of the players playing Juju and Kim are the best....Venus and Serena are still the best on the faster surfaces. Juju can hang though with them on clay, but on the faster surfaces..it ainīt happening. Kim has to sort her mental problems to become elite.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Yep.....of the players playing Juju and Kim are the best....Venus and Serena are still the best on the faster surfaces. Juju can hang though with them on clay, but on the faster surfaces..it ainīt happening. Kim has to sort her mental problems to become elite.

Good Points, but I still think Vee/Rena can beat both of them on clay, the scores will just be closer.

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:43 AM
Good Points, but I still think Vee/Rena can beat both of them on clay, the scores will just be closer.

Of course....the Williams can beat anybody on any surface. They have already proven this numerous times.

Dawn Marie
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:49 AM
Williams fans are not concerned with Juju and Kimmie. Everything that Juju and Kimbo have accomplished has been done by V@S!!!

Everthing that V@S do from here on out is ICING ON THE CAKE!!!

I mean really if Venus or Serena won OZ but were not #1 or #2 .. do you really think most of the Williams fans would give a flying FIG NEWTON?!?

My personal fan best is that I am enjoying it when V@S BEAT THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF JUJU AND KIMBO.

U BETTER GET USED TO THAT as well as Kim posessing elzero slams.

P.S. the Bengals won today who ho!!

V@S will be back to beat people up.:)

fammmmedspin
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Of course....the Williams can beat anybody on any surface. They have already proven this numerous times.

Well they have also been beaten on any surface too (probably excluding grass)..........and the rest of the field is 6 months better now.

It might be wiser to see if they can walk or serve or are suffering from PTSD before predicting their return to the top.

Did Disposable make his prediction after working out the figures - interested to see the calculation. As there will be more points for the 2003 year ending championships and Serena will lose her 2002 points till the end of the year and the gap may be c 3000 points or more and serena won Wimbledon 2003 it might be well past wimbledon before Serena getting number one back becomes possible?

Ballbuster
Oct 20th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Who cares, they will routinely get a beating by the sistahs!

j_dementieva27
Oct 20th, 2003, 03:43 AM
i SO hope that the belgian tennis hype will be over by next year, so as to make room for the RUSSIANS!!! hahaha... i hate clijsters

persond
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:53 AM

I guess "math" isn't your strong suit...!!! SERENA ONLY LOST IN ONE SLAM TO HENIN-HARDENNE--ROLAND GARROS. Hey, but, it's just like you to post shite when you've not gotten your facts straight...!!! :tape: :tape:

persond
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Well they have also been beaten on any surface too (probably excluding grass)..........and the rest of the field is 6 months better now.

It might be wiser to see if they can walk or serve or are suffering from PTSD before predicting their return to the top.

Did Disposable make his prediction after working out the figures - interested to see the calculation. As there will be more points for the 2003 year ending championships and Serena will lose her 2002 points till the end of the year and the gap may be c 3000 points or more and serena won Wimbledon 2003 it might be well past wimbledon before Serena getting number one back becomes possible?

You certainly don't know the Williamses very well, do you...??? They can come back from not playing and eat the field for breakfast...and, don't worry about their ranking points--they don't...!!! :lol: :lol:

switz
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:08 AM
you're wrong. patty is going to ranked number 1 before RG. she is going to win linz, philedphia, pattaya, gold coast, sydney, the australian open, tokyo, paris, antwerpt, dubia, scottsdale, indian wells, miami, sarasota, charleston, amelia island, warsaw, hamburg, rome and strasbourg. she should be on 9432 points with 20 titles from now until roland garros, where she will lose in the 1st round to ludmila cervanova.

persond
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:09 AM
you're wrong. patty is going to ranked number 1 before RG. she is going to win linz, philedphia, pattaya, gold coast, sydney, the australian open, tokyo, paris, antwerpt, dubia, scottsdale, indian wells, miami, sarasota, charleston, amelia island, warsaw, hamburg, rome and strasbourg. she should be on 9432 points with 20 titles from now until roland garros, where she will lose in the 1st round to ludmila cervanova.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

switz
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:12 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

what's so funny?? are you suggesting that this scenario is far-fetched in some manner?

Hurley
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:26 AM
I guess "math" isn't your strong suit...!!! SERENA ONLY LOST IN ONE SLAM TO HENIN-HARDENNE--ROLAND GARROS. Hey, but, it's just like you to post shite when you've not gotten your facts straight...!!! :tape: :tape:

He didn't say in Slams, did he? So you're wrong. He said Justine won two of three meetings this year against Serena, and that fact is pretty straight.

treufreund
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:29 AM
He didn't say in Slams, did he? So you're wrong. He said Justine won two of three meetings this year against Serena, and that fact is pretty straight.

oh don't worry Hurley we all know that Persondemented does not read posts carefully or think before he spews. :haha:

~Mario~
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:37 AM
I enjoy some competition for the William sisters, it only makes them stronger.

Cant wait for 2004

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:15 PM

Of course....but look at Juju....think sheīs gonna defend all those tier I titles and GSīs?! The ones on clay....mwoah, letīs give her those....Canada, Zurich, San Diego?! Two which are a Williams-event?! And donīt forget the U.S. open....me thinks sheīs gonna take some SERIOUS beating next year.

Serena played only 7 tournaments this year and will end the year as a solid no.3...so all she has to do next year is add some tournaments and she can do it. Sheīs been injured.....but as long as she has the best serve and return in the game, canīt see her losing that many matches.

azza
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:19 PM
thank you Mr Nostradamus
:lol: :lol:

gentenaire
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:37 PM

The odds of having two sisters as one and two are higher than having two unrelated persons from the same small geographical region. With Kim and Justine you can say it's pure coincidence that Belgium has two top players right now, with the sisters it's no coincidence that there are two as they were both trained to be champions from the start, both trained by the same person.

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:07 PM
The odds of having two sisters as one and two are higher than having two unrelated persons from the same small geographical region. With Kim and Justine you can say it's pure coincidence that Belgium has two top players right now, with the sisters it's no coincidence that there are two as they were both trained to be champions from the start, both trained by the same person.

Has been done before...there were countries who had the top THREE players for three straigth years.

But there have been NO sisters to be ranked no.1 and no.2 in tennis history, before the Williams did it. So that GOT to be more unique and more difficult to do.

Heck how many sisters have even made top 5, win GSīs and stuff?!

K&J fan
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:26 PM
The Belgians on #1 and #2 for some longer time ? Seems just perfect to me :)

servenrichie
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:28 PM

Seeing the Belgians as no.1 & 2 is very fine with me, infact I like it, because I know that Venus & Serena enjoy having the no.1s and 2s for breakfast. I tell you I am looking forward to next year. ;)

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Seeing the Belgians as no.1 and no.2 is cool indeed......can next year be the first year that neither the no.1 or no.2 won a slam or even made a final?!

BrianII
Oct 20th, 2003, 03:14 PM
So justine won two of three matches against Serena this year and Venus won 3 out of 3 matches against both kim and justine this year .... the point being ?

LTT
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:25 PM
This is a provocative thread. Someone post this thread just to begin a war again.

Woohoo Belgians are number 1 and number 2. Woohoo Serena and Venus will be back next year and take over. Woohoo, if I can wait for Serena to come back, I can wait for her to get the number one trophy back, it's about time. Woohoo Russians are coming up. Woohoo, Momo, Lindsay and Jen will come back next year. Woohoo I am done.

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:27 PM
This is a provocative thread. Someone post this thread just to begin a war again.

Woohoo Belgians are number 1 and number 2. Woohoo Serena and Venus will be back next year and take over. Woohoo, if I can wait for Serena to come back, I can wait for her to get the number one trophy back, it's about time. Woohoo Russians are coming up. Woohoo, Momo, Lindsay and Jen will come back next year. Woohoo I am done.

woohoo, woohoo?! Whatīs woohoo?! :shrug:

LTT
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:45 PM
woohoo, woohoo?! Whatīs woohoo?! :shrug:
:woohoo:

:cuckoo:

natacha1
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:12 PM
The real number 1 have to have everything, also the body of a sportwoman !
I am sorry but the William sisters flunk big time, even without playing a lot of tournemants they are injured!!

You have to play for being a number one, otherwise we still can go on and say that Steffi Graf is the real number one if she played,...

gentenaire
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:17 PM

Why don't you just put that in your signature instead of repeating it in almost every single post!

alexusjonesfan
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Why don't you just put that in your signature instead of repeating it in almost every single post!

Don't deprive him of his bread and butter:p

btw, :topic:

persond, do you even like tennis? or are you just fascinated with the nuances of one upping 13rd year olds in "I'm stupider" contests on the internet?

harloo
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:37 PM
You know what, this reminds me of when Lindsay and Martina were ranked #1 and #2 and the sisters were out injured. Lindsay and Martina traded the #1 ranking back and forth until the sisters came back and started beating them.

I notice that when their is a challenge the Williams never run from it.

And certainly they will be ready for the Belgians just like they were ready for Hingis and Lindsay when they got back.

And everytime they had a loss, they came right back and shut the critics up.

It's something that both of them do well.

And they both do it so graciously, never jealous or attacking someone else for their achievements. That's what I truly love about the sisters they are winners on and off the court and you cannot say that about every tennis player on tour.

Congrats to the Belgians! I'm not worried one bit though! :D ;)

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:40 PM
The real number 1 have to have everything, also the body of a sportwoman !
I am sorry but the William sisters flunk big time, even without playing a lot of tournemants they are injured!!

You have to play for being a number one, otherwise we still can go on and say that Steffi Graf is the real number one if she played,...

blah blah....really think that Graf would still be no.1 in THIS era?!

You have to play AND win to be no.1.....Kim being no.1 without winning is crap....if it was Justine, it would be a better picture of the reality.

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:41 PM
You know what, this reminds me of when Lindsay and Martina were ranked #1 and #2 and the sisters were out injured. Lindsay and Martina traded the #1 ranking back and forth until the sisters came back and started beating them.

I notice that when their is a challenge the Williams never run from it.

And certainly they will be ready for the Belgians just like they were ready for Hingis and Lindsay when they got back.

And everytime they had a loss, they came right back and shut the critics up.

It's something that both of them do well.

And they both do it so graciously, never jealous or attacking someone else for their achievements. That's what I truly love about the sisters they are winners on and off the court and you cannot say that about every tennis player on tour.

Congrats to the Belgians! I'm not worried one bit though! :D ;)

Exactly.....they NEVER run from challenges...and they always shut the critics up. Canīt win on clay?! Both reached RG finals....donīt start the year strong?! Both reached the Oz finals...

so Belgians better be ready when the sisters return.

Volcana
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:43 PM

What should those of us who don't care do?

persond
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:55 PM

Hurley,
The BIATCH CHANGED what the hell he ORIGINALLY posted...!!! So, you should get it straight your damn self first before coming in here late and accusing me of having the facts wrong...The bitch's original statement was that Justine won 2 of the [b]SLAMS[b]...!!! But, once I pointed out his phucking mistake, his ass went back and changed the shite...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:56 PM
What should those of us who don't care do?

continue swimming naked...

persond
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:00 PM
oh don't worry Hurley we all know that Persondemented does not read posts carefully or think before he spews. :haha:

The only "demented" one is you asshole...for changing what you originally wrote and don't have the balls to stand behind the shite you posted...You were so set on trying to show up Serena, you posted false and untrue shite, then when I pointed it out to your silly ass you went back and changed it...!!! Hurley came in here late and didn't see your original post...!!! At any rate, whenever you try and pull underhanded shite, it always comes back to bite you in the ass....!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

saki
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=bandabou]blah blah....really think that Graf would still be no.1 in THIS era?!
QUOTE]

I do, certainly. I'm not quite sure where the idea came from that the champtions of the 80s and 90s weren't as good as the players we have today. All you have to do is watch Martina Navratilova still winning doubles tournaments and mixed doubles slams to see that there's nothing like the gap that you think there is.

On the rest of this thread - we can't possibly know yet how well the Belgians will match up to the Williamses when they return. IMO, Justine did pretty well against Serena this year at least. That's no indication of how she'll fare against Venus, of course. Justine will probably carry on next year at about the same level as Serena; no idea versus Venus; and Kim will carry on losing to all three because she does that.

persond
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Don't deprive him of his bread and butter:p

btw, :topic:

persond, do you even like tennis? or are you just fascinated with the nuances of one upping 13rd year olds in "I'm stupider" contests on the internet?

I not only enjoy tennis as a spectator, but, enjoy playing with friends on public courts, however, the fact that you questioned my motives gives rise to your reasons for your frequenting this board, as well...??? You are but the second person on here who've identified the majority of posters on her as pre-teens, which I must admit I thought was majority adult. If that's the case, then, I'll just stop posting replies to those teenagers as it's my policy to not argue with children. But, for you to adopt this holier than thou attitude with me does precious little to establish you as the voice of reason. By the way, are you also one of these pre-pubescent teens that also post here...???

I'm sorry that you see my attempts to stem the abusive postings about my favorites as less than desirable, and rather childish in tone, but, I'm about fairness to all, regardless. You'll never see any post of mine that attacks someone who's not first said something rather cruel or harsh about the Williamses. Not that they need me to defend them. This is merely a message board in cyberspace, and hardly any thing here justifies my getting upset about, yet, the constant abuse that those whom I favor seem to be the brunt of most of the ridicule. And, yet, you choose me to question why...???

I can only suggest that you exercise your free will and place me on ignore. Therefore avoiding any unpleasantries that seem to upset you so. I don't remember addressing you directly or indirectly, but, if that's the case, I shall make sure it doesn't happen in the future...!! Please continue to enjoy yourself here, but, remember to please ignore me, whom you find undesirable.

persond

alexusjonesfan
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:56 PM
I not only enjoy tennis as a spectator, but, enjoy playing with friends on public courts, however, the fact that you questioned my motives gives rise to your reasons for your frequenting this board, as well...??? You are but the second person on here who've identified the majority of posters on her as pre-teens, which I must admit I thought was majority adult. If that's the case, then, I'll just stop posting replies to those teenagers as it's my policy to not argue with children. But, for you to adopt this holier than thou attitude with me does precious little to establish you as the voice of reason. By the way, are you also one of these pre-pubescent teens that also post here...???

I'm sorry that you see my attempts to stem the abusive postings about my favorites as less than desirable, and rather childish in tone, but, I'm about fairness to all, regardless. You'll never see any post of mine that attacks someone who's not first said something rather cruel or harsh about the Williamses. Not that they need me to defend them. This is merely a message board in cyberspace, and hardly any thing here justifies my getting upset about, yet, the constant abuse that those whom I favor seem to be the brunt of most of the ridicule. And, yet, you choose me to question why...???

I can only suggest that you exercise your free will and place me on ignore. Therefore avoiding any unpleasantries that seem to upset you so. I don't remember addressing you directly or indirectly, but, if that's the case, I shall make sure it doesn't happen in the future...!! Please continue to enjoy yourself here, but, remember to please ignore me, whom you find undesirable.

persond

Thanks for reading my post. I only ask because I've recently found you arguing about moot points in 'pissing contest' threads lately (obviously, by posting here, I've entangled myself too :o) I only asked because all your posts seem to be filled with vitriol in defence of Venus and Serena. I was curious as to whether you have find any joy at all in tennis? :confused:

Btw, I'm not a prepubescent teen, not physically anyway ;). About the holier than thou attitude, I'm sorry if my words came off as haughty but that's how I always post...hmm, perhaps I'm stuck up? :confused: or perhaps, you're taking this, like many other things people post, as an attack on your person or your favourite tennis players? It's not unpleasant for me to read your posts, but I do get the impression (correct me if I'm wrong here) that you do find what many others post here unpleasant and aggravating (thereby inciting your wrath of pseudo-expletives). Take your own advice and put them ignore.

Look persond, I don't dislike you. Hell I don't even know you well enough to say anything about you. I was just curious as to why you feel the need to find the injustices done to the Williams in every post you read and then vigilantly bash the fave of whomever posted that?

Maybe I'm the spoilsport and doing that is actually really fun...whatever. :wavey:

servenrichie
Oct 20th, 2003, 09:05 PM
Thanks for reading my post. I only ask because I've recently found you arguing about moot points in 'pissing contest' threads lately (obviously, by posting here, I've entangled myself too :o) I only asked because all your posts seem to be filled with vitriol in defence of Venus and Serena. I was curious as to whether you have find any joy at all in tennis? :confused:

Btw, I'm not a prepubescent teen, not physically anyway ;). About the holier than thou attitude, I'm sorry if my words came off as haughty but that's how I always post...hmm, perhaps I'm stuck up? :confused: or perhaps, you're taking this, like many other things people post, as an attack on your person or your favourite tennis players? It's not unpleasant for me to read your posts, but I do get the impression (correct me if I'm wrong here) that you do find what many others post here unpleasant and aggravating (thereby inciting your wrath of pseudo-expletives). Take your own advice and put them ignore.

Look persond, I don't dislike you. Hell I don't even know you well enough to say anything about you. I was just curious as to why you feel the need to find the injustices done to the Williams in every post you read and then vigilantly bash the fave of whomever posted that?

Maybe I'm the spoilsport and doing that is actually really fun...whatever. :wavey:

caelestia honey, isnt it just exactly what you seem to be doing? You enter threads where the Belgians are mentioned to seemly add your voice of reasoning, moreso, since they started doing well. Perhaps, you should clean your house first before pointing fingers at someone. It is a free board and we are all allowed to post our opinions isnt it? :rolleyes:

Fedcup
Oct 21st, 2003, 06:13 PM
Country is irrelevant in this case. They betrayed their country by refusing to play for the national team at Fed Cup while obviously having a physical ability to do so.

It will be OK, because they will be replaced by another two Russians. :devil:

They didn't betrayed our countrie.
In fact it is the stupid ITF that betrayed Belgium. We al felt that they stole the fedcup.
Cause it had to be in Brussels this year and not somewhere else. Every belgian was expecting it here. Full house, great players and great tennis

Most of the belgians completely agree with Clijsters and Henin pulling out now. We feel like it's a sort of punish to the ITF.
I would prefered if the belgina team pulled out of the event. But then the probelm is what about next year?

If the ITF choose for the money on short term they'll loose it on long term cause Fedcup is almost finished if they don't find better organizers.

Ps. Fedcup is NOT Davis cup.
If Hewitt would play Fedcup he would be still playing tourneys right now.

Fedcup
Oct 21st, 2003, 06:29 PM
Kim loves to play in Luxembourg because of emotional reasons: it was in Luxembourg that she won her first tournament. It proves too, that Kim not only plays for ranking or points, but that she just enjoys playing tennis.
Why pathetic? She is only nr.2 at the moment.
Concernig the fed cup, Kim's reason to withdraw from it is, she doesn't agree it will be played in Russia instead of Belgium, with the number one and two in it. The ITF preferred Russia because of the sponsoring..
After the US open, Justine declared she wouldn't play in the Fed Cup, because of her back injury, although she is still playing .

Betty,

Justine said indeed she won't play cause of back injury. But She also didn't say she wouldn't play any matches this year. She just said that she needed to select her tourneys and needed the rest after the masters. Look at Linz this week. She pulled out.
Right now she just playing the bare minimun to conclude the year as nr1

persond
Oct 21st, 2003, 07:36 PM

Caelestia,

I certainly have nothing against you, however, do find it rather odd that I'm the one "reprimanded", so to speak, for sticking up and defending my favs when everyone else on this board does the exact same thing, and nothing is said...!!! Is it due to the fact that I'm an older persond, an adult, if you will, and that this type of behavior is frowned upon by you and others...??? If that's indeed the case, then you can appreciate my having a problem with that. Nowhere in this forum have I seen any other poster "reprimanded" for defending his/her fav against the myriad of ignorant posters around here. Does it mean I am "special"...???
Further, you're also upset with the vigor of which I use to defend the Williamses against the "trash" that frequent here merely to talk shit about the Williamses...!!! When too, have you seen me talk shit about another player in defense of the Sisters...??? Would it not have been when in fact they were attacked first...???
Really, this is just a message board where individuals post all kinds of shite, and should I sling shite along with them, does that make me less of a person...??? For too long, people want everyone else to just take what they post about your favs and get an "attitude" when the tables are turned on them. As my grandmother use to say, "if you can't take the heat, keep your ass out of the kitchen...!!! :angel: :angel:

persond
Oct 21st, 2003, 07:39 PM
Oh Caelestia, another thing. When I see you reprimand other posters with the same vim and vigor, and for the exact same reasons which you've attacked me for, then I'll consider you a fair and honest poster...!!! :wavey: :hearts:

Ballbuster
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:54 AM
Oh Caelestia, another thing. When I see you reprimand other posters with the same vim and vigor, and for the exact same reasons which you've attacked me for, then I'll consider you a fair and honest poster...!!! :wavey: :hearts:

Her stanky but likes to ride me and thinks I'm stalking her.

She must thinks she's a fox. But she's not that foxy.