PDA

View Full Version : People Who Play Tennis....

Rtael
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:59 PM
What Is Your Favorite Shot To Hit?

You can vote for more then one, but not all of them! :p

pReUrBrIyN
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Two-handed backhand

and

Swinging Volley

Reasons:

Because they are so much fun to hit, and I love it when Venus does it because its just so good and fun to watch :p

Tangerine~Juice
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:01 PM
One-handed FLAT forehand, and dropshot.

Rtael
OMG, I forgot the volley! :sad:

Anyway, I voted for both the One-Handed BAckhands ;)

Tangerine~Juice
I love when Venus hits swinging volleys out yay

Car Key Boi
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:02 PM
one handed open stanced topspin cross court backhand

DO NEVER TEST!

pReUrBrIyN
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Also, it fun to missing swinging volleys and let them drop and then smack it :D

tennisjam
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:15 PM
many shots...I like to mix all that... :bounce:

Tompier
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:26 PM
two-handed backhand (very poverfull) - I love that shot (my opponents don't ;) ) but I really like to hit some volley from time to time :)

jenny161185
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:54 PM
My b hand down the lines fun to hit cos I disguise it v well they always think Im going crosscourt - love volleying aswell!

Hingiswinsthis
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:58 PM
I love the swinging back hand volley at net. It feels nice to smack it down cross court;)

rhz
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:00 PM
My serve is my strength! i hit it flat hard or slice outwide. it frustrates me when my serve is down!

AgassiGirl16
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Forehand down the line with lots of top spin, one handed backhand, and one handed backhand volley.

thalle
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:10 PM
One-Handed Topspin/Flat Forehand and lop. My friends hates my lops:D

Sharapova's_Boy
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Backhand down the line! :hearts:

esquímaux
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:14 AM
My serve rules! It's well over 100mph, but the funny thing is that I have a hard time getting the slice out of my serve (especially when trying to serve up-the-T from the deuce court). It's also funny when I treat a second serve like a first serve and really SMACK it! Opponents like to scoot up expecting a dinky second serve, but are quickly surprised!

My one handed forehand is powerful only when I "jump" into my shots. It's probably because I like the extreme topspin grips like Shaughnessy and Pisnik, so it's a tad-bit hard to generate deep shots without "jumping" into them.

For the backhand, I use 2 hands and it's the more consistent wing to hit from. It's really flat and I like to "punch through" with my left arm (I'm right handed). And sometimes I hit a one handed backhand just to spice up matches and through off opponents.

My serve is an extreme weapon though! Man my serve rocks!

Rtael
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:16 AM
I don't really know how hard I serve....no idea whatsoever, but I have a hard time serving out wide.....I can't really do it except ona ccident.....well, I can kinda do it if I stand way over by the doubles alley, but gee, that's soooo hard to read....

-Sonic-
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:17 AM
I like my backhand at the minute... My short angled cross-court is my best shot at the minute and it wins me enough points that I am not embarassed. Also my backhand return is much better.

Also picked drop-shot, as 9 times outta 10 i'll be trying to hit the baseline. Am terrible at a backhand dropshot though, need it to be a sliced forehand one.

Also picked the lob, as its just soooooo satisfying, and devastating when you get lobbed.

Maggie&MomoFan
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:19 AM
My Backhand down the line is so great!!! My coach says its my bread and butter shot! I disguise it great and then sometimes at the last minute ill pull it for a cross court backhand with a great short angle for the winner, but my backhadn is my best for sure. also my serve i can get into the 100s well flat and and i usually get a lto fo spin for my 2nd serve at about mid-uper 70s, but my backahnd down the line is a beauty!!! :hearts:

Vincent
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:25 AM
My best shot is double-handed backhand, it's far more consistent than my crap forehand.(though sometimes it is brilliant.):p

faboozadoo15
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:29 AM
i used to love my forehand more than anything else in my game. lots of power, pretty consistent, and well angled. but my backhand has quickly become more powerful (it's a 2 hander) and it's more consistent in mid-rally, but my capacity to hit winners is less than the forehand (bc my aim on the forehand is very nice).

i just love the sound of my backhand-- loud, but it doesn't linger like the forehand sound-- it's quick and crisp. i lean into it and take it early-- kinda like u know who

Berlin_Calling
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:02 AM
Forehand anywhere in the court

j_dementieva27
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:03 AM
Heres how i would rate all of the basic parts of my game, on a scale of 1-5:

Forehand: tricky, i use a comfortable/near-bottom grip that provides me with HUGE topspin, and i rarely blast it unless i am positive i will make the shot... still, it confuses opponents because of the heavey topspin... score: 3½/5

Backhand: Very consistent, i use a basic two-handed backhand and a good slice backhand when it desperate positions [ie on the run or trying to get back a drop shot], i also tend to get more power and hit many more winners from this side... score: 4/5

Serve: the worst aspect of my game... i have no serve ... NO SERVE... my motion will change during a match, and all of a sudden i will hit a good 90 mph serve.. and then double-fault three times afterwards... score: ½/5

Volleys: best part of my game, i take pride that i am a much better doubles player than singles because of my superb net work, forehand volley is more consitant and up-at-net overheads never fail me... score: 5/5

Movement: i get tired, but overall my movement is fair... score: 3/5

VeNuS#1LoVa
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:20 AM
I'm a 5.0 and my favorite show is the forehand swin volley and the backhand down the line winner, both I have with tremendous perfectness...lol

darren cahill
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:33 AM
I have two hands off both sides but my forehand side is better and stronger and more accurate...my forehand is very flat...my fave shot

PatM04
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:41 AM
I am not trying to brag but my 2-handed back-hand is insanely good. My coach told me that I probably have the best back-hand for my age in the state. I can rip it as hard as I want to from about 5 feet behind the baseline and hit a crosscourt winner. It's almost Davenport like the way I use my left hand to find angles. I also have great disguise on it because I can hold the ball on my strings and blast it anywhere I want to without my opponets having a clue. It would be nice to have a decent serve, forehand, volley, drop-shot, and over-head to complement my weapon, LOL:)

esquímaux
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:50 AM
I am not trying to brag but my 2-handed back-hand is insanely good. My coach told me that I probably have the best back-hand for my age in the state. I can rip it as hard as I want to from about 5 feet behind the baseline and hit a crosscourt winner. It's almost Davenport like the way I use my left hand to find angles. I also have great disguise on it because I can hold the ball on my strings and blast it anywhere I want to without my opponets having a clue. It would be nice to have a decent serve, forehand, volley, drop-shot, and over-head to complement my weapon, LOL:)

There's a couple points I've realized critical for good serves:

1- (most important) Keep your eyes on the ball.....don't peek...LOOK
2- Have your body weight balanced before lifting off the ground
3- I also read that keeping your serve motion fluid (unpaused) is better.
This really works for me! Toss.....begin loop......jump AND swing
simultaneously. I used to: Toss....bring arm back....wait...jump..
then swing! That wasn't good for me arm.
4- Also, you just have to hit through the ball (don't be lazy)
5- And if you've gotten this far, I guess I'll give another tidbit. DON'T
USE ALL ARM! After a good serve, all I feel are tighter abs

Anyway, it's hard to help with teaching someone how to serve, but all of these points helped me out big time! have fun :p

esquímaux
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:55 AM
Here's a picture with the ideal ball tosses for different serves!

azza
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:14 AM
one handed backhand down the line :hearts:

Jeff
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:44 AM
well my best shot is a flat forehand, but when I can, I love to hit a two-handed back hand down the line.

Come-on-kim
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:53 AM
My two handed-backhand for sure

SpikeyAidanm
Oct 20th, 2003, 09:36 AM
*passing shot

skanky~skanketta
Oct 20th, 2003, 10:47 AM
where's "backhand return"?

i love hitting the one-handed backhand and forehand lob and dropshots from both sides. and i love hitting forehand volleys.

i detest hitting my forehand cuz its weaker than dementieva's serve, my serve cuz my first serve is worse than kournikova's, half-volleys.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Inside out backhand return (lefty)
down the line topspin lob passing shot
down the line forehand pass
lefty serve out wide in the ad court
dropshot lob combo
hooking dipping crosscourt forehand
forehand swing volleys

shap_half
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:31 PM
I love to play tennis, but I really suck! I can't serve at all:sad:

I do like hitting cross court two handed backhands and swinging forehand volleys. Also forehand down the lines are fun.

wilson-dunlop
Oct 20th, 2003, 03:26 PM
the drop shot-lob combo is so fun to hit! You make them come in and then you hit it right over their head and come to net to finish it.

Once I was playing against an old guy in a tournament and I was doing it at least once every game(I was hitting really deep and then I would hit it). He was swearing all the times, it was so hillarious!

E. Blackadder
Oct 20th, 2003, 03:55 PM
two handed backhand down the line or inside out

PatM04
Oct 20th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Thanks esquimaux :)

R&J
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:04 PM
My Two-Handed Forehand is my big weapon - and it is my favourite shot to hit.

Wimanna
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Two-handed Backhand DTL and Inside out....and the LOB.....

Dirty Sanchez
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:40 PM
I just love lobbing people! :)

Drawing them in and then watching your frustrated opponents face as the ball just goes beyond their outstretched racket and lands on the baseline! :devil: ;)

Pamela Shriver
Oct 20th, 2003, 07:58 PM
I would say but I never really played tennis rather just stood there and looked tall.