PDA

View Full Version : Jelena climbs back to #14

Filip!
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Good news for Jelena, she makes a huge jump in the rankings, she climbs from 25 to 14...

katrientje
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:18 PM
:bounce: Well done Jelena!!!!
I am so happy that her got some kind of happy ending!!

PS: can someone tell Karl van Nieuwerkerken (Belgian commentator) Jelena and Bernoldi broke up... He was making such a fool of himself talking about the guy in jelena's box as being the former formula1-driver bla bla bla :)

Mase
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Good for her, I hope she keeps it up :bounce:

Filip!
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:25 PM
:bounce: Well done Jelena!!!!
I am so happy that her got some kind of happy ending!!

PS: can someone tell Karl van Nieuwerkerken (Belgian commentator) Jelena and Bernoldi broke up... He was making such a fool of himself talking about the guy in jelena's box as being the former formula1-driver bla bla bla :)

Oh, but Karl Van Nieuwkerken says stupid things always. :tape:

SJW
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Jelena :hearts:

Car Key Boi
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:33 PM
:banana:

Warrior
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:38 PM
That's great! I hope she plays AO.

esquímaux
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:44 PM
wonderful news!

Havok
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:46 PM
yeah Jelena, now get back to the top 10, where you should always be:bounce:

UDiTY
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:07 PM
GREAT JOB JELLY!! :bounce:

DEETHELICK
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Massive jump! :eek:

Reminds me when Elena jumped from 21 to 13 after winning AI.

Well done Jelena, she definitely belongs in the Top 10 (replacing Chanda IMO).

GermanBoy
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Good for her, I hope she keeps it up :bounce:

I think I start to like her. She looks better than ever, IMO. :)

Mase, who is the guy in your avater? :confused:

rada
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:20 AM
go dokic yeah..........

Vincent
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Excellent!:)
I have missed tennis in these days, when i checked back the score and find out that Jelena crushed Patty Schynder 6-0 6-4.:eek:

Jeff
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Well hopefully Jelena decides to play the Australian Open, because with the great run this week, she will undoubtfully be seeded and have an excellent opportunity to gain points.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:37 AM
*praying that Jelena does actually make it to the Australian Open*

vutt
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Nice! Back in top 15

and about OZ: http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,7612032-23216,00.html

Dokic wary of hostile Aussies
From correspondents in Zurich
October 20, 2003

JELENA Dokic said on Sunday she was still weighing up the options of playing at the Australian Open in January because she was wary of the reception she might receive after once turning her back on the country.

Dokic returned to playing under the nationality of her homeland, Serbia and Montenegro, two years ago after adopting Australian nationality.

She vowed never to represent Australia again after she severed ties because the Australian media clashed repeatedly with notorious father Damir.

"I had a lot of problems when I was there and it was hard for me to go back there the last few years," said Dokic after losing the Zurich final to new world number one Justine Henin-Hardenne.

"I think I had very good reasons for that, but now I'm considering that. Last time I was there was not so pleasant and that makes it difficult for me to decide, but I want to go back.

"I had no problem with the fans. I don't know what the reaction will be now if I go back. That's one of the things that I'm thinking about, but I've had a lot of support there, which is good."

Agence France-Presse

I hope she will play. Her fans down there do deserve that :)

malaye
Oct 20th, 2003, 09:02 AM
I think I start to like her. She looks better than ever, IMO. :)

Mase, who is the guy in your avater? :confused:

I think it's Colin Farrell

Well done Jelena. Like Justine said, it's nice to see her back at that level.

Dava
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Great leap for Jelena, she has a good draw in Linz as well so hopefully she can build on this, and make sure this doesnt stick out like a saw thumb on her points card.

azza
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:39 AM
OMG shes says it like we aussies are the worst thing in the bloddy world :rolleyes: :bs: