PDA

View Full Version : What if Kim chose to lose

-Ph51-
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:51 PM
against Dokic.And so be sure to be nr 1 again in a weeks time.Not taking the risk to give Justine bonus points being beaten in Zurichs final!

maryjane
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:57 PM
i don't want to think that a tennis match has became such a math thing...she had to think to beat dokic to join the final and take the pleasure to beat henin once again...this is the entality i want in my tennis player:to look for the fascinting and close match as one vs henin could be...

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:00 PM
B, now that is farfetched imo.....we´re talking "see no evil, hear no evil" Kim here. wouldn´t be thinking of such a thing...

alexusjonesfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:09 PM
This is pretty stupid :o

First we were predicting that the Belgian monarchy decided which one should win...now we think they throw matches to keep things competetive :p

*JR*
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:27 PM
Sorry, but even this avowed critic of the Clijsters Clan won't allege that. First, unlike Elke's string of MD WC's, there IS an alternate explanation here: she lost. Happens to the best: Steffi, Monica, Serena, Juju (@ this time), both Martina's in their prime, etc. etc. Besides, she would get more points herself as RU than as a SF. And it leaves Serena & others with less ground to make up on her. (Last, she might even have WON in the final). This theory "just" doesn't add up.

-Ph51-
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Sorry, but even this avowed critic of the Clijsters Clan won't allege that. First, unlike Elke's string of MD WC's, there IS an alternate explanation here: she lost. Happens to the best: Steffi, Monica, Serena, Juju (@ this time), both Martina's in their prime, etc. etc. Besides, she would get more points herself as RU than as a SF. And it leaves Serena & others with less ground to make up on her. (Last, she might even have WON in the final). This theory "just" doesn't add up.
It' possible!Winning the first 6-1 for the show,and than,not touching a ball any more?!Look at Justine's result against Dokic.Any similitudes?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:18 PM
oh yeah, I forgot she retired after the first set :o

tsk, tsk, tsk Kimmie...

*JR*
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:35 PM
It' possible!Winning the first 6-1 for the show,and than,not touching a ball any more?!Look at Justine's result against Dokic.Any similitudes? All I'm saying is that it's purely speculative, unlike the pattern of WC's for Elke. Plus, I gave reasons for it NOT happening, when there aren't any re. the WC's. So I'm not ready to accuse her of this. (Does that lessen how wrong the WC "package deal" is? No. But I won't accuse Kim of throwing a match based on "could have" logic if there's a reasonable set of legitimate explanations).

Betty
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:52 AM
How is it possible!!!all that nonsens, you all are just,
:baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

switz
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:57 AM
It' possible!Winning the first 6-1 for the show,and than,not touching a ball any more?!Look at Justine's result against Dokic.Any similitudes?

she won the first set 6-1 against krasnouratskaya at the canadian open as well. she lost the match and henin beat krasnouratskaya in the final something like 6-0, 6-2. i guess clijsters didn't want to risk the bonus points by winning that match either.

if clijsters attitude is that she is prepared to lose a round in order to avoid the risk of losing in the next round then i seriously doubt she would ever have gotten to number 1 in the first place.

spooky
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:01 AM

First of all jh is a better player than Kim. Plain and simple. I do not like jh but I will give her credit for her good play against other players not name Williams.

slice
Oct 20th, 2003, 03:01 AM
THATS IS FUCKEN BS! DOKIC OUTPLAYED HER AND THATS THAT U STUPID DUMBASSE LOSER! :fiery:

fammmmedspin
Oct 20th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Jelena was in zone on fire. Kim wasn't up enough to recover from the shock. The question is why she decided to add to her end of season tiredness by adding even more doubles matches. She might have wanted to do well at the champs in doubles but surely she didn't need match practice when her number one ranking was at stake?

Lisbeth
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:01 AM
Uh yeah, that's it. She was so scared of losing to the player she beat last week that she put herself through a staged three set loss to Dokic (including phony agonised, exhausted expression). Had she really not wanted to play, she could have legitimatel withdrawn following her fall in the doubles but what's the fun in that when you can just make yourself look outplayed?

10 out of 10 for imagination though.

spencercarlos
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:26 AM
against Dokic.And so be sure to be nr 1 again in a weeks time.Not taking the risk to give Justine bonus points being beaten in Zurichs final!
WD for her then... :rolleyes:

rada
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:29 AM
THATS IS FUCKEN BS! DOKIC OUTPLAYED HER AND THATS THAT U STUPID DUMBASSE LOSER! :fiery:

so ture...........