View Full Version : Lena sucked and losted - Linz

ally baker
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:40 PM
She got a fairly fugly draw.

1 Myskina
Bye

Schiavone
Bowina

Frannie crushed her in their last match in Scottsdale... and she's playing the best tennis of her life. But, Lena beat her in their other 3 match-ups. Won't be an easy match.

Then, Lena would have to play a fresh Nastya. It won't be like Filderstadt.

Udachi, Lena! Keep fightin', sweetie. :hug:

goldenlox
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:51 PM
It's never easy. But Schiavone is like Suarez, a good player that Lena will beat, if she plays her normal game.
A rematch with Nastya is good. I think Lena knows she controls that match.
Udachi Lena!!

KV
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Good luck in Linz. Go stylish Lena

goldenlox
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Because Lena lost to Pistolesi and Petrova, I'm not going to expect the world. I'll keep from being disappointed.
So I predict Schiavone, 6-0, 6-1. It's the same as losing 7-6 in the third, but quicker and less painful.
Udachi Sweetie!!!

ally baker
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:00 PM
GL, must you dedicate every one of your posts to patronizing me? :sad:

goldenlox
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:19 PM
You mean my posts involving Lena? I was just trying to be interesting with a little humor.
I'll try to post in a different way.
Please don't take it as an insult. I don't mean to do that to anyone.

ally baker
Oct 20th, 2003, 03:10 PM
I don't have a good feeling about this match for Lena... :shout:

Lena's gone deep in tournies the last 3 weeks. Frannie is rested, and has the game to beat Lena... her backhand that she can angle very well can run Lena around.

I'm hopeful... but a loss here wouldn't surprise me. :shout:

snoop
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Centre Court (from 14.00hrs)
1. Schiavone vs Bovina

:bounce: Udachi Lena :bounce:

goldenlox
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:13 PM
I didn't see any of Lena's loss to Nadia. The score makes it appear that Lena didn't play well, at least compared to most of the last three weeks.
That loss, plus having lost her last match against Schiavone, should have Lena mentally ready for a difficult match.
We'll find out tomorrow.

Tangerine~Juice
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:14 PM
:shout:

LeonHart
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:26 AM
Schiavone is a tricky player, with alot of loopy topspins. Lena would have to just hit through those topspins and not let Schiavone control the rallies, its a winnable match! Lena is playing better on carpet, so she should win on this faster surface. Go LENA! :bounce:

ally baker
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:39 PM
Lena beat Schiavone in a very tight match... 7-6(9), 6-4.

Nevertheless, a good win as Schiavone is playing like a Top 20 player.

Myskina is next.

Lena is 2-0 against her with wins in Sydney and Filderstadt this year.

Udachi Lena!!! :hug:

ally baker
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:57 PM
Also... Lena basically locks up a Top 24 seed for Aussie Open now. Hopefully, she can get to 4R again... she has some big points to defend. :)

ally baker
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:54 AM
Centre Court (from 14.00hrs)
1. Myskina vs Bovina
2. Mandula vs Schett
3. Mikaelian vs Schnyder
4. Petrova vs Krasnoroutskaya (NB 18.30hrs)
5. Pisnik vs Stevenson

Lena is first off again on Center Court... maybe it's a good omen.

Udachi Lena!!! :hug:

snoop
Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:44 AM
and Lena will be on Eurosport and TW1 again :D

:bounce: Udachi Lena. Do it again vs Nastya ;)

Doc
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:12 PM
Good Luck Lena!

The Schiavone match was very gutsy, and showed Lena's determination. Hopefully she will show it again and defeat Anastasia.

KV
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:32 PM
Rather if Lena lose, it will be against Nastya. But have a feeling Lena will do it again. Hope Lena wins because I'd like her as highly ranked as possible.

Gowza
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:33 PM
it would be great if lena won, the bonus points would be good as well. but at least a russian will go through no matter what happens. but i think lena will win it.

ally baker
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:13 PM
Lena lost to Myskina in 3 sets. :sad:

Nastya was due to finally get a win over Lena... since Nastya was rested, and Lena has played a lot in the past month.

Next week is in limbo... I'm not sure if Lena is playing Philly, Quebec, or neither. We'll see.

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 23rd, 2003, 02:54 AM
Damn u Lena Bovina!! :(

Doc
Oct 24th, 2003, 02:42 AM
Lena made too many errors after a great fightback in the 2nd set.

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:19 PM
I was waiting to see what Nastya did against Schnyder, because Lena was broken 7 times. It seemed strange to me. And I couldn't tell from reading about the match just what happened.
I think Lena might have had trouble staying focused for so many tough matches in 4 weeks.
Now she gets several days off. I hope she plays again. Her picture is all over the Bell Challenge website.

ally baker
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:22 PM
That's just Nastya being inconsistent as always.

I will have to go to the Quebec site.

Lena pics :hearts:

ally baker
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Does this mean Lena is playing Quebec? I really hope she does.

Although... there's pics of Jen and Justine on the front page, also.

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:33 PM
I only saw that one pic. But it's on the homepage twice.
So I'm hoping they're talking to Lena or her reps.
On that picture link in the Linz thread there's pictures of Lena.
And I voted for Jelena Bowina for sports girl.

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:39 PM
In the lower right corner of that link, you can vote for Lena for sportgirl. And there are 5 pictures of Lena. She has her inner left thigh wrapped.

ally baker
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Oh no... I hope it's not the injury that bothered her during Tokyo. :sad:

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I hope she's healthy and can play one more tourny.
Doesn't she look good in those photos? I like them.

ally baker
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Nice pics... :)

I love the pics of her getting ready to hit her backhand... they're funny :p

I like this one best... I think Lena looks very pretty.

http://www.sport1.at/coremedia/generator/property=original/id=2289876.jpg

ally baker
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Lena also might be playing Pattaya... so maybe 2 more tournies.

She's not gonna be playing Fed Cup... and she still needs to rack up some points. I'd like her to play.

goldenlox
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:48 PM
That's the one. She looks great. She has those long, lean arms like Maria.

goldenlox
Oct 27th, 2003, 01:58 AM
Lena has the lead in that Sportgirl contest.
Maybe there's a firstprize and Lena wins a car or something.
VOTE FOR LENA!!

the cat
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Elena needs to get into the weight room and pump up those skinny arms! Maria has huge arms compared to Lena. ;)

As for the Sportgirl contest, where is the link? Good luck to Lena in the contest. But she doesn't need to get sidetracked by the glamour game. Does she? I still think Lena has a big upside. She showed a tremendous all court power game against Jennifer Capriati in New Haven. Even though Lena lost that tough match I was very impressed by her game. But she hasn't played at that level since then. :(

goldenlox
Oct 27th, 2003, 08:37 PM
I think the contest ended. And I'll bet Lena can take Maria in an arm wrestling contest.
At least for now. But Lena should bulk up.
Because she and Masha may have to settle things in an alley one day.
That's because the players won't take crap from Maria and her dad.

ally baker
Oct 27th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Lena's match with Jen wasn't her best match this year... it's too bad nobody saw her R16 match against Amanda in Toronto. Lena was flat out scary in how she destroyed Mandy.

Anyway, her play this fall had to be as good as her match with Jen at New Haven (I only saw parts of her matches against Patty in Moscow, and Schiavone in Linz). Moscow QF, Filderstadt SF, and Zurich QF is pretty impressive.

ally baker
Oct 27th, 2003, 08:43 PM
It's going to be hard for Lena to bulk up... and she's not really that thin.

Remember... Lena is 6'3+. Her body is not normal. She can do weight training to no end, and she'll still look somewhat frail. I've went through that phase in my life, since I'm an extremely tall girl, myself.

Besides, it's not like Lena needs any more power... she can't control what she has now.

If Lena works out too much, then she'll end up like Meghann... and I don't think that's best for her tennis game.

goldenlox
Oct 27th, 2003, 08:43 PM
I understand why cat said that. The New Haven match was on tv(most of it).
I still go back to it for my Lena fix.
Lena can control the baseline rallies against Capriati.
How many others can do that, two?

goldenlox
Oct 27th, 2003, 08:45 PM
The Meghann thing is freaky. So much bulk so quickly.
I mean no juice. Just some lifting.

ally baker
Oct 27th, 2003, 08:51 PM
I understand why cat said that. The New Haven match was on tv(most of it).
I still go back to it for my Lena fix.
Lena can control the baseline rallies against Capriati.
How many others can do that, two?
Lena also controlled the rallies against Venus... Lena will control play vs. anyone. The problem is she's not talented enough, or consistent enough, to win consistently that way.

She can't back off, though... she tried that earlier this year. We know what happened.

goldenlox
Oct 27th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Lena controlled the rallies against Venus? That's impressive.
I mean cat saw the New Haven match. He didn't see the others.
I saw some webcam tennis, but it's much easier to judge it on the big screen.
Do you weight train?

ally baker
Oct 27th, 2003, 08:59 PM
I used to during high school because I felt I was fat, even though I was a stick. I still do somewhat, but not seriously.

Yes, Lena did control play against Venus. She also went to net many times. I think even against a Serena or Mirjana Lucic... Lena would still take it early every shot and try to pound winners. Lena has never learned the word "defense".

goldenlox
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Lena also volleyed great against Capriati. It was baseline and net play combined.
Capriati played some big points better. Lena looked like she has weapons galore.
Being consistent, and staying healthy, is the issue.
If Lena was better against Coetzer, you mean more consistent, I guess.

the cat
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:40 AM
GL, I'll take Big Masha in an arm wrestling match against Lena anytime! ;) And LOL at your comment about Lena and Masha settling things in an alley one day. :p I don't think things will go that far. But I would take Masha if it came to that. And GL, I don't think Maria and her father will be giving any crap to her opponents. That was not a fair comment because the rumoured incident between the Maria Sharapova - Nadia Petrova camps has never been substantiated by any publication other than Tennis Magazine which reported the story nearly 2 months after it allegedly happened. You yourself said you never read anything about it and you scoured the internet for articles on the Sharapova - Petrova match.

And GL, I'm curious how you know I saw Lena's New Haven match against Jennifer Capriati but not the other matches Lena played well in. You're right of course being the smart cookie you are. But I'm wondering how you knew that? Do you have ESP? ;)

Ally Cat, you make an excellent points about how Lena's height will always make her look frail and that she doesn't need more power because she can't control the tremendous power she already has.

I want Lena to go back to Bollettieri's. I think he could pump some real confidence into Lena in 2004. :D With her power and some real confidence Lena could become a real threat to the top players next year.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:21 AM
It was the last time Lena was on tv in NY.
I saw Maria insult Anna on a rerun of that HBO show. So I know what she's about. And she probably learned it from her dad.

the cat
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:30 AM
GL, are you talking about "Real Sports" on HBO? Was that rerun recently? That was originally broadcast in the spring of 2001. The interview with Maria and the HBO reporter Bernard Goldberg was taped when Maria was only 13. Please cut her some slack. And she was just kidding around.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:33 AM
I think I treat Maria very kindly. But I don't like IMG creating these Anna comparisons. And then Maria blames the media for mentioning Anna. It's Max and his co-horts.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Lena also volleyed great against Capriati. It was baseline and net play combined.
Capriati played some big points better. Lena looked like she has weapons galore.
Being consistent, and staying healthy, is the issue.
If Lena was better against Coetzer, you mean more consistent, I guess.
No.

Lena played very aggressively against Amanda... but she had very few errors, and there was literally nothing Mandy could do.

If Lena could ever be able to hit the ball cleanly, and not make errors with her consistent game... she could seriously be #1. It's scary how good she could be.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:39 AM
I'd like top 5 by late 2005. If Lena becomes a part of the top 10 like Mauresmo, that's great.
If Lena makes #1, you said it here. Not impossible, but it takes tremendous mental consistency.

the cat
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:49 AM
GL, I don't think Maria will knock Anna anymore. It wouldn't be right for her to kick Anna when she's down. I don't blame Maria for being frustrated by the comparisons to Anna. But thiose comparisons have benefited Maria, too. If Maria was Swedish instead of Russian the media wouldn't have paid nearly as much attention to her as they have. She can thank Anna for that.

I do think Lena has top 5 potential. If Jelena Dokick can make the top 5 Lena can. too. Afterall she has more power and weapons than Dokic does. And everyone knows that extremely tall female tennis players take a long time to develope their games.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:57 AM
I don't see Anna as 'down' . She's hanging out with Prince Albert.
She's not playing the tour. The tour is a hard life. The idea is to get rich.
Anna did that. This tier IV stuff is internet nonsense. Tennis is a job, it's not a player's whole life.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:07 AM
GL, I'll take Big Masha in an arm wrestling match against Lena anytime! And LOL at your comment about Lena and Masha settling things in an alley one day. I don't think things will go that far.

Lena is the kind of person that would be winning, and then let Maria win, just to be nice. :) Maria would pump her first then. :p

Seriously about Lena and Maria, though... I don't know if they get along. Lena said many nice things about every Russian player... except Vera, where Lena rolled her eyes and said "yeah" when I mentioned her... and she kinda skipped over Maria. Maybe it's just that they haven't been in many tournaments together...

Since you talk with Maria sometimes... maybe you can ask her about Lena. :)

And GL, I'm curious how you know I saw Lena's New Haven match against Jennifer Capriati but not the other matches Lena played well in. You're right of course being the smart cookie you are. But I'm wondering how you knew that? Do you have ESP?

Rather easy to figure that out... since that was Lena's only good match televised in America. :p Well, she played ok against Dokic... but Jelena tanked that match, so you couldn't notice.

I want Lena to go back to Bollettieri's. I think he could pump some real confidence into Lena in 2004. With her power and some real confidence Lena could become a real threat to the top players next year.

This I totally disagree with...

Nick didn't do her a darn bit of good. When I saw Lena in 2000... she had no focus, and had a horrible temper. Maybe he taught her how to technically play the game... but he never taught Lena to be mentally prepared.

That goes to Mr. Giuliano.

He may be a mean, controlling, psychotic son-of-a-bitch... but he got Lena's head straight.

Lena doesn't need any more confidence. She is a VERY confident girl. She seriously believe she can win every match... and she doesn't have a bit of shyness or self-doubt in her.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:09 AM
GL, I don't think Maria will knock Anna anymore. It wouldn't be right for her to kick Anna when she's down. I don't blame Maria for being frustrated by the comparisons to Anna. But thiose comparisons have benefited Maria, too. If Maria was Swedish instead of Russian the media wouldn't have paid nearly as much attention to her as they have. She can thank Anna for that.

Maria should be thanking Anna...

Maria wouldn't be remotely as popular as she is now, without her.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:14 AM
Maria should also thank Octagon. They made Anna millions, and set her up to make millions more.

the cat
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:47 AM
What you say about how Maria should thank Anna is very true. But I don't think she will.

Incidentally there was a fine New York Times article from 1998 on Maria and Lena and their training at Bollettieri's. If you want to read it go to Maria's website at www.mariaworld.net and you can find that article in the articles section. I sent the article to the women who runs that site and many others.

AB, I didn't know you were that friendly with Lena. She seems like a happy and personable person. I doubt she would knock anyone. But she's human and it's okay if she doesn't get along well with everyone. And Vera has owned Lena early in their careers and that probably irks Lena. And getting whipped by Maria at Wimbledon probably upset Lena. So it's understandable why she didn't have glowing comments about Vera and Maria.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:50 AM
I doubt that losing a match means you don't get along with someone.
Lena said: we don't like her because she won't talk to us - about Anna.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:53 AM
And Vera has owned Lena early in their careers and that probably irks Lena.

:confused:

Lena leads their h2h 2-1 on WTA... and Vera beat her in some Russian Championships in 2000, where Lena choked that match, also.

I'm not that close with Lena. We write each other occasionally... and I have spent some time with her when she played in Montreal and Toronto.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:56 AM
I've never talked to a player. But I've seen players from 5 feet away. They're thighs are huge.
You can't see it on tv, maybe because they're in a big open space.
But in person, thighs like telephone poles.

the cat
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:58 AM
So AB, you're Canadian. :)

Now that you mention it GL, I remember Lena saying that about Anna. And I don't blame her for saying it because she was just speaking her mind.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Anna I'm sure was arrogant. Most people would be in her position at that age.
When you're as famous as Anna, you can't stop and talk to everyone.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Interesting article on Lena from 1998... thanks :)

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:03 AM
So AB, you're Canadian. :)

Now that you mention it GL, I remember Lena saying that about Anna. And I don't blame her for saying it because she was just speaking her mind.
No... from Buffalo.

Do you recall when Lena said that about Anna?

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:10 AM
I don't remember when, but it had to be before Anna's stress fracture.
So before spring 2001.
Anna was famous for Annatude. Lena wasn't the only player put off by it.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:12 AM
Probably after Anna beat her at Sydney 2001 then?

Wouldn't surprise me... Anna was in full "me me" mode then, and Lena wasn't as polished as she is now. :p

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:15 AM
I'll bet Anna's still in me, me mode.
But Octagon wants a different image now that she's older, so no public Annatude.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:21 AM
I think some players have said Anna has improved on that... but Lena and Anna haven't played in the same tourney very often, so I doubt they would get to talk much anyway

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Lena must be friends with Els. Next year Lena will probably play doubles with a Russian. So we'll know for sure who she's friends with.

the cat
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:27 AM
AB, you read the New York Times article on Masha and Lena already?

And Lena said that about Anna in early 2001.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Nick said the 15 year old Lena is a natural for television.
So why doesn't IMG put her on?

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:42 AM
AB, you read the New York Times article on Masha and Lena already?

And Lena said that about Anna in early 2001.
I think I read parts of that article before... about how she went to Bollitieri's and how she was excited to go there. I still think it wasn't the best thing for her to go there... but whatever. :p

Nick always says things like that about his players...

Yes, Lena is a charismatic girl... but doesn't mean she's a natural for television. And, to be blunt... Lena isn't as sexy as Anna or Maria... so they can't sell her like that.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:48 AM
I think until we see Lena have a professional photographer photograph her in his studio, we'll never know how sexy Lena can look.
I think hype affects how we think. The super bowl is just a game.
But hype makes it a major event.
I saw Ally Baker and Elena L. play doubles on tv this week. A rerun from Arthur Ashe kids day at the open. They lost 5-0 to Reeves and L. Huber
It was World Team Tennis.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:51 AM
But, that's not what really matters...

Tennis is what will sell Lena... and she doesn't look as good as them while she plays.

I agree that Lena could really look incredible in a professional shoot... but that's not what matters.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:53 AM
And Lena is very, very good at tennis. But you can't have enough fans.
That's what guys like.

the cat
Oct 28th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Not just guys, GL. Some girls, too! ;)

GL, Nick said Lena is a natural for television? Did he say that in the 1998 New York Times article? Now that I think about it. He did. Had you read the article before?

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Nick says everybody he works with is great. He's like Don King.
I don't think I've ever heard Lena speak on tv. So I don't know how much of an accent she has.
So far, Elena D. speaks the best English, of all the players in RR that I've heard talk.

ally baker
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Lena has a strong Russian accent, combined with a rather high-pitched voice. It's rather cute. :) Her English isn't bad, either... but she's even worse than Cappy with the "you know's" and "like's". :p

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:37 AM
I want to hear Lena's voice. I think she has to make a slam final for her to get to talk on tv. Or maybe one of those 'getting to know you' features.

ally baker
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Not really...

I've heard Dementieva on ESPN a few times.

Lena just needs to get to the SF's of New Haven... something like that.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:41 AM
She should have been on during the 2002 U.S. Open. But I didn't see her.
Sveta was on U.S.A. Network this year. It was during her third round match.

ally baker
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:44 AM
But, if I recall... except for Dokic, none of Lena's matches were shown on TV. I was at US Open for her win over Schiavone, so I don't know.

They probably just never expected Lena to make the QF... whereas they were stuck with that Kim-Sveta match, because no other men's matches were being played then. I don't know.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:49 AM
I think they showed the whole three sets against Lindsay in the quarters.
I remember the stands were packed.

the cat
Oct 29th, 2003, 03:06 PM
To my surprise I have never heard Elena Bovina speak. So I can't tell if she speaks English well.

Yes GL, Elena D. does speak good English. But not quite as good as Maria Sharapova.

P.S. - GL, that's a good comparison between Nick Bollettieri and Don King. Especially in terms of bluter and promoting. But Bollettieri never did time for homicide. King did.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Elena speaks much, much better English than Maria. And Anna too.
But it didn't hurt Anna. She got the Charles Schwab commercial because a pretty blonde female athlete who had a heavy accent talking about investment strategies captured peoples' attention.
Lena B.'s accent and height could work for her. But you need good marketing people like Anna has.

ally baker
Oct 30th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Lena speaks many languages well... she can speak Russian, French and English fluently. Remember, she spent most of her childhood in Morocco... and she's been in the US for the majority of the time since she was 13.

goldenlox
Oct 30th, 2003, 12:43 AM
That's interesting. Dinara and Sveta know Spanish.

ally baker
Oct 30th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Udachi Lena.

goldenlox
Oct 30th, 2003, 12:56 AM
I can't believe the season's ending.
Lena must stay healthy next year. More tape on those wrists, maybe.

the cat
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Who will coach Elena Bovina next year?

GL, how do you figure Elena Dementieva and Anna Kournikova with their Russian accents speak better English than Maria Sharapova who doesn't even have a Russian accent?

goldenlox
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Anna and Maria both have a cadence that's clearly not American. Elena speaks like she grew up in the U.S.
You hear Maria, there's no doubt she's not American. Same with Anna.

ally baker
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Who will coach Elena Bovina next year?

GL, how do you figure Elena Dementieva and Anna Kournikova with their Russian accents speak better English than Maria Sharapova who doesn't even have a Russian accent?
I guess Joe Giuliano will still be with her.

goldenlox
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:35 AM
Do you realize that Anna has won one match above a 25k all year?
And in her last exhibition in Boston, she was playing awful.
Anna needs a coach to get through these exhibitions.

ally baker
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:41 AM
Anna only beat Nags at AO. Nags is basically challenger player now. :(

Anna sucks.

Bovina's Herd fully supports bashing of Pornikova.

goldenlox
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:45 AM
I admire Anna's ability to not be affected by bad results when it comes to earning money.
Advertising Age just called her the world's #1 woman in sports marketing.
And she doesn't play anymore.

the cat
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:11 PM
GL, Anna's marketing ability is slipping fast. Unless she gets her game together next year her marketing value will continue to decrease. Lycos pulled out as the sponsor of Anna's official website. That's not a good sign of things to come for Anna. As a fan of hers I hope she make a genuine comeback attempt next year. But how long can can Adidas, Omega and Yonex put up with Anna not producing on the tennis court and not even playing tennis?

ally baker
Oct 30th, 2003, 04:55 PM
That's where Anna's upcoming nude shoots... and eventual porn will be coming.

2 years... she'll be getting banged by Ron Jeremy.

ally baker
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Anyway... this is Lena's forum.

Talk about Lena, or other players I like... to avoid unnecessary Anna bashing.

the cat
Oct 30th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Okay.

goldenlox
Oct 31st, 2003, 03:50 AM
Leena brings up Ron Jeremy more than anyone else that I'm aware of.
What's so interesting about a fat old porno guy?
Anna likes older guys who are fit. Everyone knows that.