PDA

View Full Version : Kim/Ai win title #7 this year!

great smash
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Well done girls :worship:

jenglisbe
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Congrats, girls!! Next up - the Championships!! End the year at #1!!

That will be tough on Kim playing singles and doubles there :(

alexusjonesfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Congrats Kimai!

:bounce: :worship: :bounce:

jujufan
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:01 PM
wow that's nice! Wel done girls

If they win the year end, who will be number 1? Ai or Kim?

Gabra
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Congrats girls :worship:

jenglisbe
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:03 PM
jujufan - I think they would be tied, unless Kim somehow gets a lot of points at Luxembourg. The only reason Ai is above Kim now is her Championship points from last year, and those will be gone at the end of this year, of course. Their top 12 results will then be the same.

Toontje
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Congrats Kim and Ai! :)

Kim and Elke Clijsters will play doubles in Luxemburg next week!

Chance
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:06 PM
wow quite impressive considering how tired Kim is.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:10 PM
:rolls: :haha:

Bigkimfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:17 PM

yeh, that's Kim...she's very strong :worship: :worship: :worship:

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:18 PM
yeh, that's Kim...she's very strong :worship: :worship: :worship:

NOT! Just excuses for her loss yesterday!

Bigkimfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:22 PM

I thought you said Kim played too many tournaments?? :rolleyes: When you play a lot, you get tired...ofcourse you needed someone to insult, and Henin won her match so it's Kim today... :rolleyes:

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=Bigkimfan]I thought you said Kim played too many tournaments?? :rolleyes: When you play a lot, you get tired...ofcourse you needed someone to insult, and Henin won her match so it's Kim today... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

Just as they did with Serena after the championships right?!

Bigkimfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=Bigkimfan]I thought you said Kim played too many tournaments?? :rolleyes: When you play a lot, you get tired...ofcourse you needed someone to insult, and Henin won her match so it's Kim today... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

Just as they did with Serena after the championships right?!

you're pathetic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bigkimfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:28 PM
btw, how many tournaments did serena play last year? and did she play doubles too? :rolleyes:

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:32 PM
btw, how many tournaments did serena play last year? and did she play doubles too? :rolleyes:

7 tournaments and played doubles in two of them....won one beating the top 4 teams in the world along the way..

Bigkimfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:35 PM
7 tournaments and played doubles in two of them....won one beating the top 4 teams in the world along the way..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Iīm telling you! The girl means business! won oz beating Martina N/ Svetlana, Kim/ Ai, Lisa/Lindsay, Paola/ Virginia back to back to back to back!!!

She played only two tournaments, but she beat all the teams going to the chase without breaking a sweat!

jenglisbe
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Um, doubles doesn't exactly require the same mental or physical energy that singles does.

Anyway, being tired isn't an excuse for a loss, anyway, and most would agree...so why are we still going on about this? Every players has a majority of fans who make concessions for that player; they forgive things in that player, or don't read into things as much, that they don't with other players. Accept it and move on.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Um, doubles doesn't exactly require the same mental or physical energy that singles does.

Anyway, being tired isn't an excuse for a loss, anyway, and most would agree...so why are we still going on about this? Every players has a majority of fans who make concessions for that player; they forgive things in that player, or don't read into things as much, that they don't with other players. Accept it and move on.

CRAP! If you donīt accept it when a Williams says it, then you shouldnīt accept it when "saint" Kim says it either!

Bigkimfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Iīm telling you! The girl means business! won oz beating Martina N/ Svetlana, Kim/ Ai, Lisa/Lindsay, Paola/ Virginia back to back to back to back!!!

She played only two tournaments, but she beat all the teams going to the chase without breaking a sweat!

I was laughing because she ONLY played 9 tournaments... :lol: no, only 7, she didn't even break a sweat at the other 2 :eek: :lol: :lol:

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:47 PM
I was laughing because she ONLY played 9 tournaments... :lol: no, only 7, she didn't even break a sweat at the other 2 :eek: :lol: :lol:

So....and......?! She didnīt say she was tired this year, did she?!

And if memory serves me well....didnīt someone say after she got her ass kicked by none other than Serena herself at the Nasdaq, that she was tired and needed a vacation?! She had 7/8 tournaments only by then too..

Bigkimfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:50 PM
So....and......?! She didnīt say she was tired this year, did she?!

And if memory serves me well....didnīt someone say after she got her ass kicked by none other than Serena herself at the Nasdaq, that she was tired and needed a vacation?! She had 7/8 tournaments only by then too..

I AM TALKING ABOUT LAST YEAR

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:52 PM
I AM TALKING ABOUT LAST YEAR

Sure, sure.....what happened to this year?!

Last year Serena played 13 tournaments.

starr
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Sure, sure.....what happened to this year?!

Last year Serena played 13 tournaments.

Poor thing. No wonder she was so very very tired. :sad:

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Poor thing. No wonder she was so very very tired. :sad:

:lol:! The same way as Kim was tired after Nasdaq....you know! These girls...period this and that....stuff.

Bigkimfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:27 PM
:lol:! The same way as Kim was tired after Nasdaq....you know! These girls...period this and that....stuff.

djeezes, Kim played a lot of tournaments during a very short time! Serena played 13 tournaments in 11 months!

TennisHack
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Congrats Kim & Ai! :) They've had a fantastic year together.

Come-on-kim
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:20 PM
CONGRATS KIM AND AI :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Majo
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:23 PM
:yeah: :bounce: :dance: KIMAI!!!!

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:29 PM
djeezes, Kim played a lot of tournaments during a very short time! Serena played 13 tournaments in 11 months!

blah,blah...

XMan
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:53 PM
14th title of the year for Kim! Amazing

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:06 PM
well done kim and ai!!!

jenny161185
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:07 PM
who did they play in the final? Well done ladies

Gabra
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:18 PM
They played against Ruano Pascual/Suarez

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:22 PM
Seeing that they won....it must surely have been against Paola/Virginia....

spooky
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:26 PM

All I can say is that Serena is smart.

spooky
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:27 PM
14th title of the year for Kim! Amazing

Maybe she should stick to doubles and give up singles since she does so poorly on the big stage. Hey, a tennis player is known by their slams.

spooky
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Seeing that they won....it must surely have been against Paola/Virginia....

Have Kim and Ai every beat princess Serena and queen Venus in doubles.. I think this is a rhetorical question.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Maybe she should stick to doubles and give up singles since she does so poorly on the big stage. Hey, a tennis player is known by their slams.

:rolls: :smash: :rolls:

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Have Kim and Ai every beat princess Serena and queen Venus in doubles.. I think this is a rhetorical question.

Yep....rethorical indeed. You must be REALLY great to beat the queen and the princess.

Come-on-kim
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Can't a thread which was done to CONGRATULATE players always change into a thread to BASH the players?

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Whoīs bashing?!

XMan
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:11 PM

Very poorly indeed, it is incredible that she is still a top 100 player, isn't it? Come on. And if you think that a player is known only by their slams then you are a little bit narrow minded. In the end it is the audience which decides if a people is known or not and I don't doubt that Kim's audience is growing fast. And it has only started.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Very poorly indeed, it is incredible that she is still a top 100 player, isn't it? Come on. And if you think that a player is known only by their slams then you are a little bit narrow minded. In the end it is the audience which decides if a people is known or not and I don't doubt that Kim's audience is growing fast. And it has only started.

Yeah, she is being known as the girl who bageled as no.2 and bradsticked as a no.1 in slam finals!

XMan
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Yeah, she is being known as the girl who bageled as no.2 and bradsticked as a no.1 in slam finals!

The fact that she underachieved in slam finals sofar is not a reason to minimalize her career.
Actually bandabou it seems to me that your posts give a sense of a very deep contemn against any player who is not a Williams and especially agianst Kim. You seem to have great pleasure to ridicule every praise for her, often illustrated with some 'funny' smilies such as: :smash: :haha: :rolls:
I remember that I told you this allready months ago on the go-tennis boards (where some other people with traumatic behaviour seem to post). Maybe it isn't bad to contemplate your contempts and look for the deeper reason of them before you start posting in a never ending circular pattern of 'funny' smilies and meaningless posts.

starr
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:56 PM
I think that post may have been a little too mature for his mentality.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:03 PM
The fact that she underachieved in slam finals sofar is not a reason to minimalize her career.
Actually bandabou it seems to me that your posts give a sense of a very deep contemn against any player who is not a Williams and especially agianst Kim. You seem to have great pleasure to ridicule every praise for her, often illustrated with some 'funny' smilies such as: :smash: :haha: :rolls:
I remember that I told you this allready months ago on the go-tennis boards (where some other people with traumatic behaviour seem to post). Maybe it isn't bad to contemplate your contempts and look for the deeper reason of them before you start posting in a never ending circular pattern of 'funny' smilies and meaningless posts.

Pluuuzzz! When did I minimilize Kimīs career?! amazing career for such a young girl! Still improving...only thing left for her to win is a GS. Thatīs all what I said. You acted like people would remember her as the greatest of champs...she is NOT.

starr
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Pluuuzzz! When did I minimilize Kimīs career?! amazing career for such a young girl! Still improving...only thing left for her to win is a GS. Thatīs all what I said. You acted like people would remember her as the greatest of champs...she is NOT.

:haha: :smash: :crazy:

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:15 PM
:haha: :smash: :crazy:

Thatīs a cool one...but whatīs it supposed to mean?! :scratch: :shrug:

disposablehero
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:35 PM

I doubt Kim could get tired enough that she wouldn't be able to cover half a doubles court. And I'd be surprised if you got into good enough shape that you could.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:49 PM
I doubt Kim could get tired enough that she wouldn't be able to cover half a doubles court. And I'd be surprised if you got into good enough shape that you could.

Hahahaa.....didnīt hear me say I was tired, did you?!

starr
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Thatīs a cool one...but whatīs it supposed to mean?! :scratch: :shrug:
:rolleyes: :timebomb: :p

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:18 PM
:rolleyes: :timebomb: :p

Blowing yourself up like that?!

Sharapova's_Boy
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Well done Kim and Ai! :D :hearts: :woohoo:

switz
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:44 AM
i knew before coming in here that the usual bunch would be in with their oh so predictable comments.

unless played at an unbelievably high standard (which women's doubles rarely is) doubles is not tiring. i often play 5 sets of doubles without feeling at all fatigued. and it may be a revelation to some of you, but it is possible to win tennis matches when you're tired.

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:47 AM
i knew before coming in here that the usual bunch would be in with their oh so predictable comments.

unless played at an unbelievably high standard (which women's doubles rarely is) doubles is not tiring. i often play 5 sets of doubles without feeling at all fatigued. and it may be a revelation to some of you, but it is possible to win tennis matches when you're tired.

And certainly LOSE them!

switz
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:53 AM
And certainly LOSE them!

that was a bit weak. clijsters did lose.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:57 AM
Good for Kim and Ai. With the Willies not playing, they really are the best team right now.